New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: PTU Flames of the Inquisition (IC)

Susan dashes at the beast with a rolling sheet of flame at his head hoping to do much harm

flame wheel, atk, fire
    AC (1d20)[4] burns on 19+ (help me dice goddess! if the absol is burned I promise to get wisp more attractive underwear!)
    damage (2d8+25)[33]

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    The Absol barely avoids the flame wheel, but its eyes now focused on the Ponyta and it turns away from Kira. It jumps to scratch the Ponyta, its claws glowing with the black aura as it slashes past the Ponyta. 35 Physical, ??? damage. It then turns to slash a second time from behind, but the Ponyta avoids the attack just in time. Through the scanner the bar drops another 10%. What was the bar that it kept dropping?

(Back to top of initiative, Wisp/Ponyta)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Wisp frowns as the ghost ponyta's bar drops by half and gets a few symbols itself she could guess this means bad things but thats about it. She wasn't about to waste this invisibility to hide out though and she closes range with the absol and tries to stun it with an astonishing attack as she fades back into view!

astonish, ghost, atk
    (1d20)[7]
    (1d6+20)[23]

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Cid
    "Oh, I'll um...I'll be quiet and not bother you then." She says getting quiet and sitting down watching you. Considering she hasn't left despite seeming uncomfortable you guess Thanos probably assigned her to watch you.
    It took quite a while before Cid gave up on trying to sleep, a sigh escaping him, "...can you tell me where this ship is heading?" he asks, not opening his eyes.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    The Absol is caught off guard and knocked to the side with a growl giving Ponyta an opening.

Cid
    "Umm..." The young girl seems unsure if she should say anything, "I...ummm well, its currently heading to an island to deal with those three figures that the Pirate Lords put a bounty on." She finally says. "After that Thanos and Gregory will probably part ways and Thanos will do whatever he has planned." She explains.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Susan sees the opening and once again dashes at the beast with a rolling sheet of flame at his head hoping to do much harm

flame wheel, atk, fire
    AC (1d20)[1] burns on 19+ (Ok dice goddess how about a hot springs episode?)
    damage (2d8+25)[33]

7. - Top - End - #187
    Firbolg in the Playground

"...and if they can't deal with them?" Cid asks, "going to them gives them the advantage... even if they have numbers on their side... a home field advantage often outweighs numbers..." it was how the hive had worked.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"I... do not know the will of the townspeople. But if you already know the reputation of the monastery, you can guess the feelings of the people." Cain was a little startled by the sudden change in attitude, enough that the redness slowly started to fade from his face. Then she threatened him and he unconsciously started clenching and unclenching his hands in a rhythm. "I do not know. These are not questions to ask me. My time outside the monastery has not been fraught with learning. And my time within was learning the skills the monks deigned to teach."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Sorry about not posting. Work has been chaotic. Things should be settling back down again. So I should be able to post at least once every day, or at least once every other day. Anyway posting a response to the battle that I'm losing...

Jack can do nothing but watch as the bullet hits Frogger and he slumps to the deck and doesn't get up. At this point he turns just in time to get sucker punched in the face. After a brief stun his head is showered with stars that feel like meteors. Some how after all of this abuse he is still standing, and manages to return Frogger to his pokeball. I must retreat. Jack mutters to himself in an attempt to get himself moving. Jack then begins to run away from the ship occasionally looking over his shoulder to make sure nothing was being shot in his general direction. With every step he take his head is screaming at him to stop, but he keeps going. He has no idea where he is going, but anywhere would be better than here right now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jackson's HP:1 /65
    Injuries: 1
    speed 11
    speed evasion is 4 while the other two are 3

Frogger's HP:KO'd
    Injuries: 2

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    The hot spring stocks plummet as the Absol avoids the wheel of fire. It looks between you and the Ponyta wondering which would make the better target before it attacks you with a flash of claws as it slashes past. The attack hits and the Absol slashes right past to land behind you. You can tell the cut was deep and you don't get how its claws can be cutting as well as they are. 31 Physical damage

As it stands before you, you hear a grunt and see Kira, holding her injuries pointing her gun at the beast. "Die!" She pantsCid[/b]. You suddenly notice that she starts to glow again, but the glow seems brighter, especially around her injuries. As before, the glow starts to move to the gun and the gun then fires a blast of energy like you saw before the flies and slams into the Absol with a powerful blast that sends the Absol flying away from you. Amusingly enough, the Absol lands on a flash mine blinding it. It struggles to stand as it shakes its eyes trying to see.

The device you are wearing has the bar turn completely red and then the far right side of the bar starts to shorten. (IE: If [OOOOOOOOOO] is full green, X=red it'd be... [XXXXXXX] <-thus bar shorter and all red.)

As mentioned in skype, you are about five meters from your gear. It will take a standard per article of clothing, a shift to sort into your bag for an item.

Cid
    "That's a silly question. One pirate lord could probably deal with them. Personally its overkill for two pirate lords to go, but they both learned the other was on the way when they ran into each other back at port. Rather than get in the way, they agreed to just team up for this." She says. "Thanos is immortal."

Cain
    "Hm...that's a shame. Still, you've been helpful and I suppose amusing enough to entertain the thought of recruiting you." She says turning back for the carriage. "I'm still swinging by the monestary, I feel they need some more training and I'd like to have some fun teaching them." She steps into the carriage. "Get in if you seriously wish to join me and we'll see if you're man enough for me."

Jack
    As you start to retreat the sailors laugh and the captain smirks as he lowers the bird down to the ground. He steps off and points his gun at your retreating figure and pulls the trigger. The bullet flies behind you, landing right in your back. 26 normal, physical

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Wisp puts pressure over the wound, it just feels like a flesh wound not the most serious she's ever had(or she is growing to numb in the cold to tell, either way getting cut is bad) She hurries towards the the stash and frantically rummages for an empty pokeball with her cold stiffening fingers. She couldn't hurt it, she could only barely slow it down, and everyone here wasn't going to last much longer against it a pokeball had a small chance of ending this now, and was her best option.

Go Pokeball!
    AC(1d20)[14]
    Capture(1d100)[83]

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    The pokeball hits the barely standing pokemon and the beam of light yanks it inside. The ball shakes once, twice, three times. It stops moving and suddenly DING. The ball locks.

As the Pokemon gets caught and vanishes the fog suddenly fades way quicker than it should have. You can feel a flow of magic blast past you and sweep towards the house. Then the magic vanishes as the creature holding the strange weather in place is gone. The good news is that the fog is gone. The bad news is you've been out in the cold almost completely naked for a few minutes and you can tell. Especially with a claw wound causing you to be bleeding pretty badly and no clothes to keep you warm.

As if the gods hated you it seems that the overcast weather has parted bit to allow the burning vile sun in with a few light rays. Its not a big sunny field, but its still some sun light peeking through the clouds. With the sun out, your side bleeding out, your teammate badly injured, and freezing cold ripping through your body making it a pain to move the question of what to do next comes up. Kira had suggested grabbing the resources and retreating back to the house, but that was before the massive injuries you both took which were only made worse by the lack of medical supplies.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

no... not again...

After a moment of wide eye'd terror and reality catches up with her Wisp Shrieks in pain and collapses as the direct sun light triggers her trauma and slowly beings to give her very exposed skin a sunburn. The fact that it wasn't the Sun's full force did nothing to provide her mind with any comfort. Susan is quick to react and tries to block the low hanging sun with the shadow of his fabulous but undead equestrian physique. With the respite from Susan Wisp switches from total meltdown to desperate panic, puts her mask on as fast as she can, and reaches to stop her bleeding with a super potion, but realizes she only has one and that susan and kira are more severely injured. Instead she reaches for the torn remains of her long shirt and tires to tie it over her wound hoping it will at least slow the bleeding. If she believes she won't faint from blood loss in the next 5 minutes she will then unfurl her bed roll and throw it over herself as protection from the sun before putting the superposition and real bandage in Susans handsome jaw "*gasp*T-take those to Kira and then come back so I can recall you*hyperventilate*"

medical edu of fight fluffed severity with fluff!(2d6)[2] <-typos happened posted in wrong thread original roll was 12
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2014-07-31 at 02:56 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    Kira grunts exhausted and starts making her way toward you, confused what the hell you were doing. When Susan approaches she waves a hand in dismissal, "I got supplies at my bike." She says as she declines. She sheathes the gun and moves to grab her pants and scoop up as much of the stuff as possible, "We need to get back inside quickly. We can get dressed and ready then." She says as she looks in the distance and looks at a strange device you've never seen about fifteen meters away. The strange device seemed to be about the size of Susan, but not as tall and slightly longer. It was made of metal, had a pointed end, and looked like a seat on it. It was laying in the snow on its side and the bottom had a bunch of weird things on it, you couldn't identify.

"Rest later," She said confused as to what was your problem as she started moving toward the shack.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Not wanting to get left behind Wisp stuffs her belongings in her bag(including the absol's pokeball), recalls susan and tries to follow using her mask, hood, and blanket as cover. She was still very shaky from such a fresh episode, but she is pushing herself to bounce back from it fast. "I-I-I can't stand the sun..." she tried to explain by the time they reached the shack.
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2014-07-31 at 03:23 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    "I'd hardly call this 'sun'." She says glancing up at the sky. Once she was inside she set down all the stuff down, got her pants on, and climbed through the hole in the back to warm up her feet before putting on her boots. After she was done, she pressed a button on the steam-punky device and you heard a strange humming sound that slowly got closer to the shack. You could see that the injury on her had somehow pierced the armor and crammed some metal into her. Despite this, she seemed to have a high level of focus and while you could tell she was in pain, her priority was surviving.

"Ok...get dressed, warm up, and we'll start heading back to town. " She said with a grunt. "Though...I'd recommend once we're healed up killing that thing you caught."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Unlike the case of defending her choice of underwear Wisp lets the issue rest with that, and dresses and warms up as she is told, and uses the torn parts of her casual shirt to ties over and holes the absol made that would expose her skin. When she is finally put back together for the most part she begins to internalize what she has just been through and sort the questions from the answers. Taking into account the absol's unusual abilities, Kira's insistence that it be killed, Kira's strange items, Kira's strange comments about a man who was the source of wraiths, Kira's strange underwear, and the reports of draining that brought her here in the first place the questions far outweigh the answers. "*Sigh* now that our lives are not in immediate danger I have so many questions I hardly know where to start. What is wrong with this absol? What was done to it?" She says as she reemerges from the shack dressed and warm and again returns the eyepiece to Kira as she holds up the pokeball.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    The woman finishes lacing her boots around the same time you ask your questions. She starts taking down the barricade and tossing it into the other room so she can move the supplies she has in the shack outside easier. Speaking of outside, the humming is coming from that strange device you saw which seems to be a weird hovering thing, kinda like an air-ship, but small. Like a hovering mechanical horse thing. You see other items in a bag on it and realize this must be the 'bike' she referred to. In one of the containers you see two pokeballs. She grabs one of them and releases a small yellow spider pokemon that you can barely see due to his tiny size. She sets the device that the heat came from on the 'bike' and nods, "Juliet, keep the heater powered so it won't be as cold." She comments.

As she starts loading things up, with the occasional grunt when she turns wrong and has the metal shove inside her wrong, she answers your questions. "Its a wraith. It was turned into one. Either by death or witches." She comments as she loads things. Her answers probably were a bit more simple than you were expecting.

Once her supplies are loaded, she grabs some of the supplies from the tool box you'd seen and leans against the wall of the shack. She clenches her teeth tightly and looks up at the ceiling as she moves one of the tools an starts prying, by hand, the metal armor. The pain had to be excruciating and you think you see some water starting to appear in her eyes. Eventually once the metal isn't bent so it was holding itself into her, she removes the armor leaving her in a sleeveless black undershirt (who wears those in Sinnoh?). Oddly enough, only the chest piece comes off, revealing that the armor on the arm seemed to be a different piece that was connected to her shoulder. She quickly grabbed some weird fluid and dumped it on the wound and wrapped it in a bandage.

She tossed the damaged armor with the massive hole on the ground of the shack and mounted the bike. "Want a ride?" She asked. "Beats walking and it has the heater."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

"*sigh* My mount was injured so I would appreciate that thank you" Says Wisp as she gets on the bike "By "death or witches" do you mean this man who is this source of wraiths you mentioned before who had twisted pokemon in this area? Who is he and does he have anything to do with the reports of drained husk that had been found in this area?"

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    The woman is quiet for a bit as she rides the hover-bike closer to the town. "That man would indeed be one of many people capable of making Wraiths, yes." She comments after a bit. "As for who he is, that's a vague question. If I asked who you were, what answer could you give? We're made up of more than a few simple words. He's a man with a lot of power and a man that needs to be killed. As for drained husks, I'm afraid I can't help you there. I know nothing of that so I can't say he has anything to do with those reports."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

"Unfortunate considering this my second time hearing of this draining phenomenon, and the answer still seems to elude me. What was it that lead you to that shack then? Also I did save my ponyta's life once with a ritual that made him part ghost. What makes this absol any different that it needs to be killed? Is its hostility a result of what happened to it and somehow unquellable?" She continues to ask not sold on the idea of an execution without a through investigation first.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    "Contrary to popular belief a ghost and a wraith aren't the same thing." Kira responds, "As for its hostility it is a result of what it is. It's simply that. As water is wet and as your underwear is for grandma's, so to is that thing." She remarks, "I went there because I was tracking that man. I'd picked up the negative wraith energy nearby and looked for strange occurrences. People disappearing seemed to fit. As for full details, I am unaware of that. I know what a wraith is, I know what it can do, and I know that they are created by rather dark rituals. Probably not to far from what you did to your Ponyta. Hopefully that won't need to be put down." She remarks as she pulls over on the side of the road near some trees while still about ten minutes by foot away from town.

She dismounts the vehicle and grabs her bag and her pokeballs. She recalls the tiny Joltik and puts that pokeball on her belt, before slipping the second pokeball in a hidden pocket inside her jacket. "Off, we'll walk the rest of the way."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

"Even if Susan could technically be defined as a wraith he has never exhibited behavior that would warrant him having to be put down. A-and as I said before I n-never intended for someone to see them so what they look like and who they are for are irrelevant" Says Wisp defending her underwear again the situation having become calm enough that there are no survival instincts stopping her from being flustered as she steps off the bike "Is showing ones underwear a common thing where you are from to the point you talk about it freely or something? in fact where are you from? and what are all these strange items you are using? ugh no wait I need to worry about the absol first... How much study has been put into these wraiths? are you telling me to kill it because it can't be cured or reasoned with or simply because killing something is simpler?" She asks as they walk.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    "Eh, beaches are nice. And when making out or fooling around or having fun." Kira says with a shrug at the remark on how common one's underwear is shown. "Its not highly often, but it doesn't change that I'd hate to be wearing grandma undies in the off-chance it does happen." She says. "As for where I'm from, does it matter?" She asked with a shrug. "And they're my inventions to make things easier." She says, "As for the Wraiths, my point wasn't that your Ponyta was a Wraith, merely that it was similar in that you used occult magic to twist something to your own will." She comments, "The difference is yours seems to at least still be alive and with a personality. What you have there," She nods at the pokeball of Absol's, "Is a mindless weapon that wants nothing more than to kill."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Wisp blushes as this womans comments reminds her of some of the steamier moments she read in manga "There are not really beaches in sinnoh where dressing so lightly would be considered fun at least not by many so I suppose this is certainly a difference in culture. Though if you don't find the man you are after soon I would recommend getting some with more coverage than a piece of string between your legs. More coverage each layer means more warmth. I suppose you are right about where you are being no more relevant than the fact that I'm a witch. As for the absol I wonder if another ritual could override the hostility and make it more submissive. If such a ritual was made practical enough to use in the field it could be a useful weapon to stop wraiths with minimal risk of bodily harm, and if there is a man running around making them then this won't be the last one I'll have to deal with..." she shudders at the thought of an army of pokemon waiting around every corner to strip her naked.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    "And yet even if you did know how to do a ritual to counter a magic that you know nothing about it'd still take more time to capture, gather, control, and cure than would be worth it. You'd lose more people that way." Kira points out. "That Wraith isn't going to listen to you just because you threw a pokeball. It will attack and kill you when you can't control it and then kill others near you."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don't simply kill things I don't understand. If it is bound to kill me in my effort to understand it then I will simply hold off until I am strong enough to protect myself from it." Says Wisp disliking the difficult position she has been put in more and more. "So why does the man you are after make these wraiths to begin with? what is his motivation for creating pokemon as dangerous as this absol?"
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2014-07-31 at 06:33 AM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    "Well, you're an idiot then." Kira comments, "You are dealing with something that can't be reasoned with. You are assuming that because it is in the form of a pokemon and once was a pokemon that it still is." She states annoyed. "As for their reasoning, since he isn't the only one, I do not know. I am not him. You'd have to ask him yourself."
    Last edited by Major; 2014-07-31 at 06:36 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'm not an idiot I'm a sceptic, but if what you are saying say is true about it being some sort of weaponized construct that merely resembles the material it was made from then maybe it would be best to put the creature out of its misery... You did save my life afterall it would be unlike me not to exercise some trust and loyalty in return." She says thinking of her bond with slippers and susan.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    "I've also dealt with these things before." She comments as she reaches over and taps her arm. "You caught it, I can't control your actions. But putting it out of its misery would be much easier, especially with the limited information we have."