New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (PTA) Defiance of the Forgotten: Knights of Hoenn

"Right, a weapon. Look, if you all are such cowards, I can do it. I just didn't want to get traced back by the authorities, since I assume police and such won't be in on this."
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

Alys cringes slightly at being called a coward by the confident psychic, but says, "I'm sorry... it's just... well, it's just that this is all so sudden... and what we're being asked to do... It's difficult - even knowing it wouldn't be real, to act like it is... like I want to see her hurt, or killed..." Alys trails off, knowing that the girl is probably capable of pulling the thoughts from her mind regardless.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

"Look, it's not that I am afraid, it's just that I can't sell it well. Hell, I expect for our 'waiter' friend to do most of it. I just am too kind-hearted to make it look like I am truly killing her without remorse."
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm not criticizing you, Alys. I would be rather shocked if you were to raise your hand to be the one to do it, no offense intended," Zoe says. "It is scary, and I don't like it. Trust me, I'm putting plenty at risk by agreeing. At the same time, I get the impression that there was no option here. There's also the fact that I studied under Liza and Tate. I trust them, so I'm not as worried. They haven't steered me wrong yet." She would have to have some explanation that didn't give away the mission for the guys in Lilicove. "It's just acting. We go, pretend to shoot her, and leave." She sighs. She's working to keep herself calm as well as the others. Why did she have to say anything at all!? Could have waited, let Kline or Catherine take the job, but she got impulsive.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2014-10-03 at 10:05 PM.

Show

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Kline just shrugged. Whatever, it ain't me. Now I gotta get back, pretty sure I'm fired. Not like I wasn't quitting soon anyways but whatever. Kline sulked away, disappearing around the corner.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Sayuri

The Farfetch'd only managed to hit the Nidorina once, but it was all it needed. The wounded Nido falls down. Looks like Ali was in good shape, until Sayuri notices she's swaying slightly. A closer look reveals a poisoned barb stuck in her wing. 'Poison Point ability. Nasty little trick, isn't it?'

The Princess carefully looks over Ali. 'A good rock or ice type would give me the advantage, but where's the fun in that.' She grins and launches a pokeball into the ring, sending out a little ghostly candle. 'Let's see how you handle this one. Little Duckling better watch it, or her leek is gonna get cooked.'

Spoiler
    Show
    Ali is faster. She is also poisoned.

The Group

Birch stands up, and makes to leave after Kline. 'I'll have my little departing gift ready for you guys tomorrow, before Catherine and Zoe fight. Now you should either head back to the party or get an early night. Good night girls.' With that,he bows out of the room.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Zoe nods, heading back to her room, getting ready for bed. The girl pulls out her phone and sends a quick text to Dmitri.

-Hey, again, sorry about yelling at you before.-

-I can't say a lot, but I have a feeling some bad stuff is going to come out soon, and I just want to say, don't worry. Everything *will* be fine, and I am okay. You'll just have to trust me. I love you guys, and I'll try to keep in touch.-

She sighs, then sits in a meditative position. Close your eyes... Breathe in... Breathe out... She focuses a ball of energy in front of her, a whispy ghost of a force, pushing it to the wall, feeling the surface with her mind. The room was nowhere the size of her own, but it was spacious enough. The painting was smooth, likely painted right onto the wall's material... Something like stone, by the feel. The other students could use this exercise to see around them without anyone noticing... Not an option for her. Someone would notice the pale aura surrounding everything around her. Still, it allowed for focus, keeping her sharp. Not like she ever got to actually test herself.

After an hour of focus, she goes to bed, ready for tomorrow. Boxer girl won't know what hit her.

Show

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Catherine heads out after nodding to the group. She then heads over to the nearest place where she could train with her pokemon because she sleeps best when she is tired and she would like the last minute training.
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayuri

"Huh," she says thoughtfully, staring at the floating candle. "Litwick, right? Never seen one outside of photos or a documentary or somethin',"

"Fetch!"

"...that was entirely you're own fault, and you know it,"
    Sayuri tells Ali, a little reproachfully. "Be careful next time, and try to be more - oh, who am I kiddin'? ...and why are you lookin' at me like that?" she adds, eyeing her warily. "You don't need me tellin' you what to do. Not like you ever listen anyway. Just try and put the fire out without gettin' burned, got it?"

"Fetch!"

"I'll just take that as a 'yes'," Sayuri sighs, as the diminuitive duck launches herself at, then past, the fire-ghost, hammering it with a storm of wind and wing.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Aerial Ace! Flying in a 10m line that passes the Litwick, using the Pass keyword to, well, pass it.

(1d20)[4] Can't miss, rolling for Crit.
    (2d10+26)[34] Physical, Flying

By-the-by, poison damages on the round it's applied, right? Can't check at the moment.
    Amazing Banshee avatar by Strawberries. Many, many thanks.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

Alys nods to the others as the group disperses, before returning to her own quarters. She spends the evening working with her team, trying to prepare herself for tomorrow, before retiring for the night.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

Sayuri

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yes, Poison occurs at the end of the round applied, meaning Ali takes 1 round damage from when Poison Point kicked in, and one more round after Litwick acts.

The Litwick moves till it's 6 meters away from Ali.

The Litwick moves closer to Ali, chasing after her, but keeps a distance. 'Lumiere, use Flame Burst to charbroil that duck!' The Litwick lunches a ball of fire, which collides spot on with the Farfetch'd. It hits for 44 s fire damage.

Zoe

Zoe receives a text back saying not to worry so much, and Demitri advises her not to drink so much, as she seems a little more melancholic than usual. Still, he wished her luck tomorrow.

Cat and Alys

Spoiler
    Show
    If you guys are wanting to get in a little last minute training, you can roll a d6 for each of your pokemon you wish to train, and times the result by 100 to get exp. However, if you roll for more than two of them, roll another d6 to see if you strain yourself too much staying up late.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Flashback!

But before she goes to bed, she trains her new capture and Medicine! The Golett gets some basic sparring (and a welcome to the team) while Medicine does some basic target practice.
    (GM approved)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yuugi: (1d6)[1]*100
    Medicine: (1d6)[3]*100

Is Ace Trainer's bonus EXP applied?

Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayuri

Sayuri winces as Ali disappears in a billow of flames... and winces again as the blaze recedes leaving a scorched-looking Farfetch'd staring dazedly at the flame dancing on the tip of her now-blackened leek. After a moment's befuddled reflection Ali, slowly and with great care, stubs the charred leek on the ground to extinguish to fire.

"Fetch," she coughs, and slumps down beside the ruined alium.

Cringing, Sayuri darts forward onto the field, heedless of any danger from the litwick, and scoops up the unconscious farfetch'd in her arms.

"Oh, I'm sorry sweetie. We'll get you a new leek, 'kay? Must be a good vegetable shop 'round here somewhere..." she trails off with a worried frown and gives Maxine what she hopes is a confident, unruffled grin. The actual results are... mixed. "So, uh, guess you win. Where'd you say the healin' was again?" she asks, as Teddy dances anxiously around her - occasionally shooting the litwick a baleful glare that says it'd better not try anything.

Show
    Even after defence, that was equal to Ali's full HP - so, she's out and I learned a valuable lesson about building pokemon with more HP.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

After training her Lucario and Tyrogue, Catherine heads to bed, sweaty and exhausted. She had a full day ahead of her. Not only was the final match in front of her, but she also had the "assassination." She knew she couldn't go through with it, but she felt bad refusing the job. She was just a softie at heart. She may fight people for fun, but that is usually as hard as she could get. She couldn't bluff a cold-blood assassination, so she had to let someone else do it. She sighed. "Archeus, please help us through this struggle, physically and mentally." She prayed aloud and then fell asleep

Spoiler: XP
    Show

Striker (Lucario) (1d6)[6]
    Brawler (1d6)[6]
    Deviant Art account

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Sayuri
    Spoiler: On the HP thing
    Show
    Yeah, HP is a stat you can never ignore unless you're a Shedinja or have godly defences (ie Shuckle). Since this is still the start of the game, I'll give you guys a chance to rejigg any stats or natures you want to make your team more viable before we proceed.

Maxine goes over and pets Ali on the head. 'Nice try, but I always play to win, sorry.' She leads Sayuri to the healing machine where her team is restored. 'You think about what I said about travelling. I think with a bit of experience under your belt, you and Ali could be a force to be reckoned with. I'm off to go drag my lovely Professor to bed, so I'll see you tomorrow. Why not join me in the royal box? You could get some good pictures from there, and god knows I could use a normal person to keep me company.' Maxine heads off to bed, led away by her Litwick which Sayuri could almost swear was making faces at Teddy was they left.

Spoiler: XP for fighting
    Show
    900 xp

Everyone

After getting in some last minute training, everyone is ready for bed. After a good nights sleep in some of the fluffiest beds they've ever experienced, they awaken early in the morning.The entire atmosphere was abuzz with excitement for the upcoming matches today.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Catherine awoke with excitement in her for the final round. SHe decided not to worry about the pseudo-assassination until it was time. She got out of bed and then sliped on her gloves. She then called out her pokemon. "Alright, this is the day. I may only get two of you, but there will always be the next tournament. Now, Striker and Brawler, you are currently my best, so lets do some warm ups." She then goes to do a warm up boxing round with both of them before heading out.
    Deviant Art account

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Zoe wakes after a mostly restful night. She lets Chen out, the Espurr nyan-ing as she does so. It takes her an upwards of an hour to get ready. It was the finals of the match; she had to look good for the cameras once she won. Hair done, nicest dress... Still a little shabby as far as she was concerned. She used to have people to help her look so much better when she was younger.

"And a quick check-in with our friend Liza," she says to herself as she looks for the room of her old teacher.

Three quick raps on the door. "Ms. Liza? I believe you requested my presence?"

Show

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground

Alys wakes up, a light smile on her face for a few moments before she recalls the previous day's discussions - and what is to take place that day. She sighs, her expression morphing into a grimace for a moment, before releasing her Pokemon. "Alright now," she addresses her team, "we're expected to face the winner of this year's tournament - we'll want to be ready for that. I'll decide which of you will take the stage when the time comes... for now, let's all get ready, alright?" She readies her Pokemon and herself, grooming them carefully before getting her own outfit on. Once her preparations are complete, she heads out for the day's... festivities.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayuri - Yesterday

As Willow and Ali come out the healing machine, Sayuri grabs them and starts checking them over - plucking away bits of singed plumage from Ali's wings and just generally fussing over Willow. Advanced healing machines be damned, she isn't leaving their health to any kind of chance.

"Sure, I'll think about it - thanks," Sayuri replies, a little distractedly as Ali protests vigorously and tries to smack her over the head with the ruined leak. Then just what the princess says goes 'click'. "Um, wait. Royal Box? Um, sure. I'd be honoured. See you in the mornin' - uh, your highness," she adds belatedly, watching Maxine leave with a faintly stunned air.

...it's been surprisingly easy to forget Maxine's a princess. Despite the palace and everything. She just doesn't actor dress like one should - though, admittedly, Sayuri's exposure to princess behaviour and dress has been rather limited to costume dramas on the television and the odd fairytale.

Which means... she just battled a princess? The crown princess, at that. And... Okay, so she lost. But that story's got to be worth a few drinks at some point.

Ali interrupts Sayuri's musings with a wail over the state of her leek. Sayuri sighs.

"We'll get you a new one tomorrow, 'kay?"

Sayuri - Today

Bzzt. Bzzt. Bzzt.

Alarms. Why? Oh, spirits. Why?

Sayuri glares blearily at the alarm clock, and it's flashing time. Then she aims a vague swing at it in the hopes that'll make it shut up.

Missed. Blast.

"Fetch! Fetch! Faaaar-fetch!"

"Psy! Psy-y-y!"

Awakened by the shrill blaring of the alarm, Ali and Willow decide that it's breakfast time and that Sayuri needs to know that fact right now.

I hate them. I hate them all, Sayuri pulls the covers over her head and tries to ignore the insistent buzzing, and the sounds of carnage from the room as Teddy jumps off the bed and joins in the morning rampage. It takes about ten minutes for her to give up - the insistent intrusion of sound drives sleep far beyond her reach and throws back the covers to put an end to the chaos.

An hour later, washed, dressed and with the furniture picked up Sayuri feels ready to face the world. She doesn't feel particularly happy about it - it's still a couple of hours too early for that - but at least she feels capable of movement. Which is just as well, as the insistent crowd is on the verge of rioting if they don't get fed.

"All right, all right," she says, waving down the torrent of noise. "We're going to go find somewhere to eat-" Sayuri pauses for the delighted sounds to die down enough for her to be heard. "-and then we'll get Ali a new leek-"

"Fetch!"

"-and talk to some more of the competitors," Dead silence. Sayuri sighs. "Fine, if they want you can fight them, Ali. Just behave while we're out. All of you,"

Satisfied that the warning has been heeded - or, at least, darkly convinced that further warnings won't improve matters - Sayuri lets herself and the mob out of their hotel room, and heads into town.

Show
    Awesome, thanks. Did a bit of rejigging to improve survival chances across the board. Split xp evenly between Ali and Willow.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Kline rolled out of bed, checking the clock in his tiny room. It was 5 till his 'shift' started for the day. He contemplated rolling over and ignoring it but he thought better of it. As quickly as he could (which was rather quick), he donned his waiter's uniform and headed out. Until... the time, he'd keep up appearances.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Zoe

The door opens telekinetically, and is let in. Inside, Tate was holding some kimonos up to a mirror, while the gloomy Princess Elizabeth was playing on a chess set.

'So should I go with the pink or the violet? Bishop to Queen's Rook 5.'

'Violet. Liza would never wear pink. It also hides your figure better, making it easier to pass for your sister from a distance. Pawn to King's Knight 6.'

Tate turns round to welcome Zoe in. 'Sorry about this. Despite looking like my sister, turns out I'm not a great cross-dresser. And our dear Princess wanted to come by and see which of you was going to do the deed.'

'I should have assumed it would be you,' said the girl stoically. 'The fact you dislike me will make it easier to pass this act off as real.'

Catherine

With her pokemon looking in fine condition from the training, Catherine heads out the door. Waiting for her was a man she almost didn't recognise, until after a second she realized it was the Rocket Grunt from last night, just out of his uniform. 'Hey, you got a second to talk? I mean, if you don't mind talking with a "terrorist" that is.' He gives a sad little smile. Looks like his feelings were still a little hurt from last night.

Alys

Alys heads out, and she is informed that she is invited to sit in the royal box when Catherine and Zoe will fight. Until then, she is free to explore and socialize. She is also told the Princess will be looking forward to her dress, as she has been told Alys is a sharp dresser.

Sayuri

As Sayuri heads out her room, she spots Birch and Jeff chatting away, and they quickly wave her over.

'Mornin'. I was waiting for you, and it turns out Birch here was also looking for you. Seems you had an awesome night last night, huh? Not many people can get the regional professor to act as their message boy.'

Birch gives a grin. 'Minnie wanted me to give you something.' He pulls out a pass for the royal stand, and a fresh green leek. 'And she said she'd like to fight again sometime, and sorry about toasting your ducks. Sorry if she was a little rough, she can get carried away when battling.'

Kline

Kline heads down to the working area, and it seems like he's one of the first up. He is immediately flagged down by one of the waiters.

'Yo, temp! You up for delivering some booze? Seems Von Gel is awake already and needs his daily bottle of Sinnohan Malt, the bloody drunkard that he is.'

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Sure, whatever you need boss. Who the Void is Von Gel!?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

"Seconding the violet.

Makes sense. Part of why I spoke up. I'm sure we can give them a lovely little performance. Plus, the others were seeming to get cold feet. Catherine wouldn't have been able to fake it, Alys didn't have the stomach. Not sure why Kline didn't. He seemed like the best option."
    Zoe takes a seat, looking over the chessboard. "So, what is the plan?"

Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Catherine smiles and nods. She extend her hand after taking off a glove. She then spoke. "Sorry about last night. You're fine with me after it was explained. I just have a strong hatred of evil. Anyway, I can talk."
    Last edited by MichaelGoldclaw; 2014-10-23 at 02:43 PM.
    Deviant Art account

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Who's Jeff? From the context, I'm guessing not the obnoxious trainer from the tournament.

Sayuri

"Not many people get to battle the Crown Princess, either," Sayuri grins, and tries to quash the pang of guilt. "And there's no reason to feel bad - those two get just as carried away," she hesitates slightly as she takes the leek. "Well, Ali does. Willow just runs into things when she gets over-excited. But the principle's the same. Probably,"

She inspects the leek thoughtfully, and nods with satisfaction before passing it down to the farfetch'd who hasn't stopped staring since it's appearance. Ali takes it with something approaching reverence, and gives it a few experimental swishes. Apparently satisfied with the balance, she decides to test the strength - by smacking Willow over the head with a resounding thwack. Mayhem ensues.

"...and thanks for the leek. I think," Sayuri says eyeing the brawl with some skepticism. With a long-suffering sigh, Teddy steps in to calm things down - and earns a leek across the nose for his trouble. "At least she didn't try out every vegetable in the shop. You wouldn't believe what she can do with an avocado. I ain't sure I believe it, sometimes,"

She glares at the scrum beside her. "KNOCK IT OFF!"

...the fight subsides into a few guilty glances, and bashful shuffles.

"So, uh, yeah. Sorry 'bout that. Either of you care for breakfast? Was thinkin' of headin' out into the city, but if either of you know somewhere good I'd be game,"

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

Alys nods and thanks the messenger who delivered the invitation, before deciding to take some time and explore. So long as she gives herself plenty of time to get back to her room and get ready for the main event later, it would be a good opportunity to look around a bit more - she's heard there are some wild Pokemon on the grounds, so maybe she could find something to add to her team?

Spoiler: Wild Roll
    Show
    (1d100)[85]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

Alys

With a bit of wandering around, lys eventually spots some movement in the flowers. It looked like there was some leaves moving through the greenery.

Sayuri

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, meant Jerry, your journalist buddy, not Jeff. Wrong 'Je' character, my bad

'Please tell me you at least got a couple snaps of the fight!'

Birch rolls his eyes. 'I know a couple good spots in the city. Come on, I've heard how bad a photographer's salary can be, my treat.'

Jerry eyes Ali warily. 'I think I'll avoid anything with leek in it.'

Catherine

The Rocket guy sighs. 'While I do think I'm on the side of the good guys, I can't honestly say I'm good person. I've done some pretty bad stuff to keep the people back home sleeping safely. And the people you'll be meeting have done worse for less. Are you fine with this mission? You're going to have to pretend to be friends with these people, and not lose your cool. You sure you can do that?'

Zoe

Tate points to a case over on a dresser. 'The gun is in there. You'll need to strap it somewhere on your body, and when the time is right, you "kill" our princess. When and how is up to you. It just needs to look natural. It should be before the award ceremony though, we can't leave it too late.'

Kline

Kline is given the malt and some snacks, and sent up to Von Gel's room. Upon entering, Kline is overpowered by the smell. It smelled of sweat and booze. In the four poster bed lay a couple young women and a young man, still sleeping away. And the only one awake in the room was a rather portly and hairy man who was currently sitting naked on a chair and reading a book.

'Ah, lovely, right on time, I was almost starting to sober up. Well, hurry up about it and pour me a large one.'

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

A subtle eye twitch is Kline's only response on seeing the state of the room and its inhabitants. Certainly, Sir. Making a point of setting the tray down on the nearest table to the door, Kline poured the malt into a frosted mug. Kline, stiffly, walked over to the man, leaning over and outstretching his arm, trying to keep himself bodily away enough the man.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Thought so, but there wasn't enough to be sure - could've been Macho Moron trying for some good publicity, or at least a healthy dose of smear for his opponent

Sayuri

She grins at them. "Not about to say no, so, thanks, prof. Free meal never goes amiss," she says as she falls in behind Birch, letting him lead the way. It's been years since she was last in Ever Grande, and getting lost is always embarrassing.

"And if I have pictures of that fight... well, I think I'll be keepin' them for myself," Sayuri tells Jerry with a sparkle in her eyes. "Sorry. But I do have a shot of that Jeff guy being taken away after makin' a scene you might like. So, what were you after me for, anyway?"

Lured by the prospect of food, Ali, Willow and Teddy troop along behind - squabbles temporarily forgotten.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Zoe opens the case, looking over the gun. "So what is the schedule today, before and after the match? Where is the princess going to be during these events?"

Show