New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: (PTA) Defiance of the Forgotten: Knights of Hoenn

Darn it, Ace couldn't take anymore damage! "Return Ace!" she called, calling the fainted pokemon back to its pokeball.

This was troubling... she wasn't sure how much more damage the Finneon could take, but she also couldn't afford to waste another ball. She only had one left! That being the case, she'd try to give it a small tap to weaken it more, then throw her final ball. And the pokemon who could do that best was...

"Come on Gumdrops!" Tiffany called, sending out a happy looking Trubbish in a Neo-Magma branded sundress. The Finneon would be faster, she knew that, but Gumdrops defense was unbeatable! She could take it, and hit back just a little bit...

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

frown Re: (PTA) Defiance of the Forgotten: Knights of Hoenn

Tiffany

The Finneon takes aim at Gumdrops, and hits with a Water Gun for 21 s water damage.

Sayuri

'Well really I just learned it since alot of the guys back in Dewford town liked to fish. I prefer a good wave to surf, but I'll admit, fishing is nice and calming when you just want to relax.'

With a few good tugs of the rod, Sayuri reels something in, throwing it out on the docks, causing Jerry to jump back in fright. A Carvahna was now splashing across the wooden dock boards, looking confused and angry.

'Huh, a Carvahna. I already have one of those. You want it?'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

3. - Top - End - #183

RedKnightGirl

She should have started with Gumdrops from the get go... it was doing practically nothing to her with that little bit of 5 damage!

Be careful Gumdrops! Just... tap it with a Pound attack!" Tiffany called out.

Spoiler: Normal, Physical
    Show

AC: (1d20)[10]
    Damage: (1d12+11)[12]
    Last edited by Anubis Dread; 2014-06-02 at 10:44 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

The fish is hurt by the attack, but doesn't faint. It responds with another Water Gun, for 25 s water damage.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

5. - Top - End - #185

RedKnightGirl

9 damage... Gumdrops was doing well, but if this battle went on much longer she'd be in trouble. As it stood she might need to go back to the medical tent as soon as she was done here anyway. She didn't want to risk making the Finneon faint... but she only had one ball left... she guessed it was now or never!

"Please work!" Tiffany begged the ball, before throwing it at the water pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100+5)[10]

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

It seems politeness does indeed work, and the ball slammed shut and sunk under the water, shuddering a few times before stopping and floating back to the surface for Tiffany to pick-up.

Spoiler: Your stats
    Show
    Level 13, female, swift swim, calm natured.

7. - Top - End - #187

RedKnightGirl

Yes! She was out of pokeballs, but in exchange she finally got a water pokemon! One she could tech Cute moves too even! Granted its Nature wasn't ideal for gaining cuteness, but it was still her new pokemon!

"I don't think I'll be able to use you in a serious battle in a while. Not until I raise you up anyway," she spoke to the ball. "Still, welcome to the team... Princess!"

Tucking the pokeball away, Tiffany returned her Trubbish before looking down at her pokeballs throughtfully. "Over half my pokemon are in bad condition... I may need to go back to the medical tent. Anyone else need to head back?" she asked.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayuri

"Dewford, huh? Haven't been there in a year or two. What's it like these days?" she starts, before being interrupted by a sudden lack of resistance on the line as the pokemon virutally flings itself out of the water.

Huh. For a moment, when the Carvanha flew through the air, she could sort of see the appeal of the whole fishing thing. Now she's faced with a thrashing, angry pokemon and is covered in sea water... not so much.

"Um. Can't say I do, really," Sayuri replies, eyeing the thing with the suspicion of the non-angler while resting a wary hand on Ali's pokeball. "I ain't got an aquarium, and don't much fancy buyin' one. Plus it's awfully ugly and vicious-lookin',"

She looks at it again for a moment.

"...it's not goin' away on it's own, is it?" she adds, hopelessly.
    Amazing Banshee avatar by Strawberries. Many, many thanks.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

"Already? But it's so early..." Her team was taken out by a little Finneon? How did she make it this far?
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Sayuri

Seeing the way Sayuri was looking at the fish, Violet can't help but chuckle. 'If something that small scares you, I'm guessing you never surfed when you were down at Dewford, huh?'

Jerry pulls out a Pidgeotto. 'Hey, if you want, I can Whirlwind it back into the water?'

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You don't need to fight it if you don't want to, just an opportunity.

Maze Group

Spoiler: Sooo.... what you all doing?
    Show

Dracio and Goldclaw, what are you two doing? I'll just assume Espirit is heading further in and Aneurin is heading out, so feel free to follow whoever, or something.

Zoe

Zoe and Chen head on further into the maze, rushing ahead since Zoe thinks she knows where she's going. But with all the loops and turns, she's sure she is now actually further from the centre than she was earlier, with no idea how to head in the right direction.

Eventually, Zoe is walking along a long straight path in the maze, when she notices a small alcove off to the side, hidden in a wall. Poking her head around the corner, she spots a strange statue, half a man's height at about 3 foot tall, but despite looking humanoid it didn't look too human. It was fashioned from a bluish stone, with a swirl in the centre.

Tiffany

Tiffany and her team head out of the maze, but for some reason, she can't help shake the feeling she was being followed. She kept getting this unsettling tingling feeling on the back of her neck, but every time she turned round, there was nothing behind her. Eventually she makes it out of that maze, back to the open gardens with the berry trees.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey Chen, check this out." The Espurr looks ahead as well at the unusual statue. Must touch the statue, must touch it- "Uh-uh, you're not wandering off. Remember when you did that at school and got bound to the ceiling of the boys' bathroom until a teacher found you?" Chen of course did remember the incident quite well. She never got the sparkly thing from that human's pocket. But this is different! It's not sparkly.

"But... I am curious." With the curious Espurr held in her arms, the curious Psychic goes closer to investigate the statue.

Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Catherine is currently next to Zoe. She moves closer to the statue to inspect it.
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

13. - Top - End - #193

RedKnightGirl

Okay this was giving her the creeps... what was looking at her?? It couldn't be a pokemon, otherwise it would be more obvious right? ...right?

It was probably just her imagination playing tricks on her. For now she needed to heal up her pokemon! If it still felt like she was being watched after that- what was she thinking?? It was just a trick of the mind to begin with, there was no reason to be worried!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Zoe smiles as the boxer catches up to her. Catherine feels a presence inside her head. Oh good. Not everyone left after their Pokémon got a bit bruised.

Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayuri

She shrugs and grins sheepishly; "Wouldn't say I was afraid," she says. "Just... eh... not a fish person, I guess. And thanks, but I've got it," Sayuri adds as an aside to Jerry, plucking Ali's pokeball from her belt and releasing the little Fartfetch'd - who immediately sets up a fierce quacking and waves her leek threateningly at the carvanha.

Sayuri sighs. "Yeah, you can fight it," she glances apologetically at the others. "Sorry, she's a fiesty little thing. Used to steal tauros off my family's ranch - we never did figure out why. I only really keep her and her psyduck partner 'cause they'd be far more trouble if I didn't,"

Show
    I'm fine with the fight - it's just Sayuri who's not too thrilled at the prospect.

Ali has SPD 10
    Last edited by Aneurin; 2014-06-08 at 02:22 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Sayuri

Spoiler
    Show
    Speeds are tied, so Ali goes first.

Tiffany

Tiffany quickly makes her way back to the tents, and gets Ace and Gumdrops healed, along with her new Finneon Princess. But still she had that feeling, tingling the hairs on the back of her neck, that something was behind her, following.

"Is that all the pokemon you need healed up dear? Anything else we can do for you?" the nurse asks.

Maze People

As if sensing the people come closer to it, a strange glow began to emanate from the statue, and a yellow light appeared within, pouring out the eyes and the spiral on the chest. The girls were so wrapped up in looking at the statue, that they didn't hear soft padding footsteps behind them. Something long and pink comes out from around the corner, and smacks Zor in the back, hitting her for 14 p dark damage and knocking Chen out her hands. The statue also drops into a fighting position, ready to attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Speeds for whatever you are using please. (Zoe has time to send out a new one if she doesn't want to use Chen)
    Also, Zoe can't pick Chen up for the remainder of combat.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Zoe: 6 Dex
    Chen: 13 Speed

Zoe grunts as the things hits her. Chen hisses as her ride is forced to drop her. "What in the void!? Chen, Psybeam, the thing behind us!" Not that Chen had to be told twice, the Espurr already going for the kill against the unknown pink thing. White energy meanwhile pours from Zoe, forming itself into a spectral blade that plunges itself into the statue.
    Spoiler: Both are Special, Psychic
    Show
    Psybeam
    AC: (1d20)[1] 2, 19-20 Confuse
    Damage: (3d8+34)[54]
    If Crit: +(3d8+10)[27]

Extrasensory
    Zoe loses 10 HP
    AC: (1d20)[19] 2, 19-20 Flinch
    Damage: (3d10+35)[43]
    If Crit: +(3d10+12)[20]

Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayuri

She looks down at the excited dance that Ali is doing at the prospect of a fight and sighs.

"Yeah, you can fight it," she says somewhat reluctantly, and steps back as Ali clams the leek firmly in her beak and launches herself at the carvanha before rocketing past it, bashing it with her wings as she takes to the air with a quack of triumph.

Sayuri winces and turns to Violet as the fight beings in earnest. "So, uh, how'd you get into pokemon trainin', then?"

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Ali is using Aerial Ace, and her full fly speed of 10 to Pass.

Aerial Ace cannot miss and does (2d10+26)[30] physical flying damage.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Catherine is shocked by the sudden attack. She hurridly garbs striker's pokeball. "Striker, get out and see where the beam came from." Striker came out and nodded. She closed her eyes to use the aura to find the foe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Speed is 11
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Noctis had fallen a little behind Zoe and Catherine when they spurred ahead. As it was when he did catch up he was looking at a battle just now starting. He could help the two and remain being seen as a good person or he could sneak ahead and try to outpace this challenge.

In the end his honor held out the longest, so he would stay and help. With Pristrix already on his shoulders he bade his companion to launch into action and help out.

Spoiler: Speed
    Show

Sorry it took me so long to post

Pristrix Speed is 7
    Last edited by Dracio; 2014-06-11 at 07:56 PM.
    GM of many games birthed among the stars and player to yet more conflicts in the planes.

Through the void I stalk towards your end, fore it shall be my beginning.

21. - Top - End - #201

RedKnightGirl

Okay this was really creeping her out... whatever it was followed her all the way to the medical tent? And no-one noticed it? Something HAD to be there. She had good instincts... sort of. Enough to know this wasn't just a trick of her mind. Still she just wanted to get somewhere safe where this feeling would go away...

"I heard something about a ball room where the press was gathered? Do you have any idea where that is?" Tiffany asked the nurse. There was no way she was catching up to the others if she went back to the maze anyway. Plus she was out of pokeballs after her tussle with Princess.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Maze group
    Show
    You guys outspeed them all, so go ahead and take your turns. Since Dracio is fighting here too, one of you roll one more d100 and we'll add in a 3rd opponent.

Tiffany

'It's over in the main building, through the double doors on the east side.'

Sayuri

The Carvahna takes the hit, and with it's rubbish speed and only Melee moves, it can't do anything to attacker. It looked fairly hurt, so it must not be too defensive.

'I watched this video of Bruno versus Volkner as a kid, and it was amazing. For weeks, all I could think of was wanting to learn pokemon battling. You ever watch any of the old Elites? They were a thing to watch.'

23. - Top - End - #203

RedKnightGirl

"Thank you," Tiffany replied cheerfully, taking her pokemon back and leaving the tent before letting her smile vanish. She was still getting the creeps, but at least now she could go to a public place where whatever was happening would hopefully stop! She didn't think trying to find whoever or whatever was looking at her was a good idea, so this was the next best course of action.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayuri

With a triumphant cry, Ali hurls herself back towards the flailing Carvanha with all the fury and self-assurance a leek-wielding duck can manage - which is, apparently, quite a lot - and rains blows down on the hapless fish pokemon.

"Can't say I did, really," Sayuri raises her voice to be heard over the sounds of battle nearby. Teddy lies down and puts his paws over his eyes. "Too busy runnin' wild, I guess. So how'd you get started? Buy a pokemon, catch one or just made a friend?"

Spoiler: Fury Attack!
    Show
    Um. Reading the description, I find myself confused as to how this works - is it possible to use it against the same target multiple times, or does each attack have to be against a different opponent?

The description of Scatter implies each attack must be used against a different Legal Target, but the move itself is One Target.... hence confusion

So, assuming it's multiple attacks against 1 target...

(1d20)[8] vs. AC 4 - Damage: (1d6+21)[23]
    (1d20)[19] vs. AC 4 - Damage: (1d6+3)[6]
    (1d20)[1] vs. AC 4 - Damage: (1d6+3)[7]
    (1d20)[18] vs. AC 4 - Damage: (1d6+3)[9]
    (1d20)[10] vs. AC 4 - Damage: (1d6+3)[5]

Attack ends as soon as one misses.

29 Physical Normal damage
    Last edited by Aneurin; 2014-06-20 at 03:48 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Striker take a moment to use the aura to see if anyone is sneaking around. Catherine moves torward the statue and waits to hurl a powerful punch

Spoiler
    Show
    Striker is using Aura to check her surroundings
    Cath is about to use focus punch
    Deviant Art account

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Seeing his girls getting ambushed Noctis has Pristrix leap into action. The Sandile was quickly switched from his lazy relaxed attitude to his work mood. No longer was he the playful and relaxed sandile but a cold calculating force in the field who would see his task done.

Seeking to limit the foes engaging them Pristrix uses secret weapon on the pokemon behind the girls that attacked Zoe.

Spoiler: Sand Tomb Attack
    Show

Sand Tomb AC4: (1d20)[17]
    Damage: (1d12+26)[31]
    GM of many games birthed among the stars and player to yet more conflicts in the planes.

Through the void I stalk towards your end, fore it shall be my beginning.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Maze Group

The moving statue takes the brunt of the attacks, but manages to deflect the psybeam, but Zoe hits it dead on, flinching it and making it look pretty hurt. At the same time, the object wrapped around takes the Sand Tomb, and from the bushes emerges a large pink thing which sucks the tentacle thing back into it's mouth. Apparently that was a tongue, gross!

The pink thing takes a deep breath, and lets out a screeching call. Fortunately, no one was confused by the loud noise.

Glancing around with aura, Striker can see 3 hostile shapes. The statue, the pink thing which has emerged from the bushes, and another aura. Looking at it, the shape quickly jumps over the hedge, and a large brown bird swoops down, pecking at Chen's face, but Zoe manages to hold it off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah a 2, a 1 and a flinch. Good return to the game Irn, good return

Sayuri

Show
    Yeah, the wording on Scatter is pretty strange. But you rolled correctly, so

Ali hits it solidly with the leek the first time, and the second hit is enough to knock the monster fish out.

'The usual, a hand me down from an older sibling, who in turn got his first pokemon from our dad. It was a Minum, so I thought fishing would be a good idea to catch new pokemon, since I had the advantage. Next thing I know, I got so many Water types, and I'm a Water ace. What about you? Why'd you get into journalism? You look like you could have made a decent trainer.'

Spoiler
    Show
    150 xp for the fight

Tiffany

Tiffany soon follows the increasing noise, and spots an open door with a reception going on inside. Standing outside the door, a tall amazon of a woman was having a discussion with a scruffy looking man in a lab coat, and Tiffany can make out things tht the discussion is pretty heated, although they both stop when she gets near. Inside, through the doors, she could spot a few people talking to the journalists, including Princess Annabelle who was chatting away, Liza the former Gym Leader, who was snacking at the foot tables, and a mature Steven Stone, president of Devon, having a nice drink by the bar with a few older gentlemen, one of whom was telling a loud and raunchy story, which was annoying all the others at the bar.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Zoe pulls out a Pokéball and throws it at the statue. "Chen, shake it off and use Confusion on the pink thing." Chen focuses again on the pink, long tongued creature, uncontrolled thoughts spilling into its head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Capture roll on stone statue, remember that flinched last turn adds to chance of capture: (1d100+5)[50]

Confusion
    Psychic, special
    AC: (2d8+30)[35]
    If Crit: +(2d8+6)[16]

Show

29. - Top - End - #209

RedKnightGirl

She may not be all that good at catching wild pokemon. She might not be the strongest battler. But there were two places where she excelled - in the contest hall, and at the party. She was finally in her element. And that odd feeling had gone away. She sighed in relief, noticeably relaxing as she took in the sights of the hall.

That woman was pretty in a way, but it looked like she had her own things to deal with. Besides, she had to focus on the prize - the reporters. If she could put on a good show for Team Neo-Magma, it would go a long way towards showing that they were a genuine organization and not a group of deep cover thugs. Still even with her being a finalist it would be hard to get attention. After all the princess was right there, as was a former gym leader, but... but... buhhhhhh...

Tiffany's jaw went slack as her eyes passed the bar. O... M... G... she'd seen pictures of Stephen Stone before, but somehow in person he was just so much more... wow. He just had so much more presence, he seemed almost larger than life! Oh Arceus, should she go and talk to him?? But he was at a bar, and she was under aged. But she was a contestant, she should be able to go wherever she wanted! But what would she say? Oh Arceus, he'd fought the old Magma hadn't he? What if he hated her??

She couldn't just stand here looking slack jawed right? What if he noticed? What if a reporter noticed? Snap out of it!

Okay, okay, back to earth. Just um... just walk in past those two for now, just... walk into the room, see what happened.
    Last edited by Anubis Dread; 2014-06-23 at 10:56 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Maze Group
    Show
    If Goldclaw or Dracio doesn't post soon, I'll just split the maze group into 3 spearate fights with each of you fighting one creature, so as not to hold Es back.

Tiffany

As Tiffany got closer, she could make out that the fat little old man was telling a rather risqué story, and was being rather too boisterous about it. Several of his companions were looking rather annoyed, but no one seemed to have enough guts to interrupt the old man. "... So there I was, all covered in this oil, with a couple local lads nearby. And I have to say, the sun glistening of a native boy's flesh is a delight to look at. Well next thing you know, I'm reaching down and ..."

Steven accidentally bumps into the old man. "Whoops, sorry there Von Gel, old chap, but I see one of the contestants over there and I'd like to say hello. Do carry on without me." He presses his drink into Von Gel's hand, who looks at it and then downs the liquor.

"So as I was saying, the chaffing ..."

Steven makes a rather hasty exit from the bar and approaches Tiffany. "Well hello miss. I understand you're one of the contestants? I do apologise for missing the last round. I hope you had a fun match." He gives Tiffany a small smile that would send many a Hoenn housewife weak at the knees. In his old age, Steven had kept the same dignified air about him. While his hair had lightened to be almost white, and he now sported glasses to help him see and a neatly trimmed goatee, he still looked every bit the confident and powerful man he did in his youth. While in the past he was known for his battling skills (being a former champion and even commanding Groudon of the Weather Trio) he was more famous over the years for his business acumen, his research on various sciences and of course his charity work. He was also known to have trained Princess Elizabeth, as all 3 of the royal daughters had been trained by a different champion, with Steven having tutored the youngest. It was the most likely reason why he'd be here, looking out for his young protégé.