New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 15

1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 15

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [The Fox Inn]

"Maybe just try not to worry. I mean, we can just have some fun. I'm okay with that. We don't need to make this any more complicated than it needs to be." Kitty touches Obriane's leg and rubs it, carefully avoiding brushing against the breastplate. "That's what I figured you wanted from before."

[Suncrest Manor]

"Yeah, totally." Eliseo scoops up the ball and pump and heads outside. "Here, hold this while I pump." He tosses her the flat ball and sets the pump on the ground. If she'll hold it, he starts pumping it up. "This stupid thing goes flat all the time. I think I need a new one."
    Mikasa does so!
    She nods. Might be a good idea.
    The electron manipulator replies, lost in thought.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #332

[The Fox Inn]

"Believe me. I know all about problems with parents." Kitty grimaces at the thought, but moves on. "You don't have to tell them anything you don't want to. It's your life after all. They don't need to know everything."
    [The Fox Inn]

"They don't. They know very little in fact." She admits, they hadn't seen each other for nearly three years after all. "But... ah, it still feels wrong somehow you know?" And good. "Like I'm doing something bad." She looks down in her knee, but doesn't bother to remove Kitty's hand.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-05-28 at 08:17 AM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

[Isolation Chamber]

Kanya nods, yawns a bit, and says, "A room would be grand...I am a bit tired."

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

The Toy Tinker

Jim stops, staring at the door. His trembling is getting worse, although he's still (barely) holding on to his composure.
    "If you've gone and done that, either you want something from me, or you want me to get something from him. So which is it?" he says shakily, torn between a desire to stall for time and really just wanting for this thing to stop drawing everything out.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Light's Heart]

"Demon? That word mean a lot of things mister Mctowry, we are specialized in battling on single corruption which happens to have named themselves 'demons'. We have a history going way back that don't think I have the time to explain. But unless this woman is such a demon she isn't our specialty. Besides, I'm not going to act as your body guard until I have more information of what's going on. I suggest you talk to Tarim instead, he will likely be more accommodating to your demands." SHe gestures at the pit lord who remains silent.
    Shoyler breathes in deeply before speaking again, not surprised that the woman rejected assisting. Hmm. Perhaps you're right. You have an organization to care for. Maybe the situation will change in the future... Hmm. I thank you for your assistance, miss. At another time, I'm sure we could get along quite well. After all this is over, I might even come volunteer to help around here.

You're good people, I can sense it.

He smiles kindly before clapping his hands together and preparing to go. Well... Anyone interested in assisting me in my cause ought to head over to The Black Dragon's Den. My lieutenants are there right now, at rest. Feel free to join. Any of you. I've no doubt your help would be absolutely invaluable, and I'll always appreciate it. He turns to Tarim now. Would you like to head back with me? Or stay here? Room and board would be on me, of course.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Fox Inn]

Kitty stands and faces Obriane. She leans down, her face just in front of the other woman's and both her hands on her thighs. "I don't think it's wrong at all. Does this feel wrong to you?" She closes the last inch of distance to give Obriane a slow kiss.

[Suncrest Manor]

Eliseo glances up at Misaka as he pumps. As flat as it is, it's gonna take a minute. "Something on your mind?" He asks all of a sudden.

7. - Top - End - #337

misaka and Eliseo

after a second, Misaka nods.
    "yeah... just kinda homesick, y'know?"
    she replies, looking at the horizon, her skirt {which, judging from it's length, is something Irena would wear) and hairfljuttering slightly in the wind.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post
    A victorious grin spread wide across Mark's face. The floating books snap shut with a wave of his hand and fly back into his bag.

"Had a feeling it ought to've been a hex." he says, chuckling triumphantly at the excited man. "If you're sure you didn't make any new best friends at least knowingly, then either you've recently nabbed something that was cursed, or there's something really vindictive out there you unknowingly pissed off during what used to be your daily routine. That'd result in someone or something planting a cursed object in your house. What'd you normally do a few weeks ago? Let's retrace your schedule."

Marcus starts wandering about the house as he asks his newly vocal company. He picks and prods at the various household objects, uncovering containers and anything else in the room he thinks might've been able to hide the glowing effect of his spell.
    "Uh...Let's see," Jacob starts thinking aloud. "Right before this happened...I was having a pretty normal week. I did laundry, went grocery shopping...Hmm...Oh, I did find an odd coin on the ground when I was at market. Maybe that has something to do with it. Wait right here, I'll go get it."

The man disappears up the rickety stairs to the second floor and can be heard rummaging around overhead. He returns shortly with a small coin, about the size of a quarter, in his hand, and he presents it to Marcus. "It's the most peculiar thing, but it seems precious, so I decided to hang onto it in case its owner came looking for it. I had it for a good week before the curse kicked in, but...Oh...oh my..." As he turns the coin over in his hand, foreign symbols can be seen glowing faintly on the face of the metal; it must be the object that was carrying the hex.

Being well-read in symbols of many varieties, Marcus should be able to determine their nature: they describe an enchantment that inflicts magical silence upon the last person to touch the object. What's more, there's an addendum that delays activation until exactly ten days after the host object is enchanted. Thankfully, it doesn't appear to be one of those self-renewing hexes, so there's no need to be afraid of adverse effects any longer. Probably just some wanna-be magician's idea of a practical joke.

9. - Top - End - #339

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    What a fascinatingly frightening idea. "Excuse me, my lord, but did you say hundreds? Hundreds of sacrifices, all at once, brought the fiend onto our plane?" The tall man blinks once or twice. "In my experience, a summon requiring that much lifeblood would have immolated a place the size of the East side, if not the entire city, upon it's arrival. This demon sounds more... subtle than I'm used to." By the look on Sticks face, he's not certain if this is good or bad.

"Completely ignoring the fact that we'd be stealing a powerful demon's souls, my lord Ryhe, if it were possible, I'm not sure how comfortable I would be with exploiting spirits that had just been freed from an earthbound hell." The tall man cringes inwardly at the irony of those words. He has many a soul bound to his will, even now. At least he can make them happy, trapped though they are. To think he'd told Jim that he's sworn off this sort of magic. Only an exception for Ryhe, this once, oh yes. Truly, this sort of magic is at work within him every second. He can feel the power turn over and waver and growl in his gut.
    Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Isolation Chamber]

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Shoyler breathes in deeply before speaking again, not surprised that the woman rejected assisting. Hmm. Perhaps you're right. You have an organization to care for. Maybe the situation will change in the future... Hmm. I thank you for your assistance, miss. At another time, I'm sure we could get along quite well. After all this is over, I might even come volunteer to help around here.

He smiles kindly before clapping his hands together and preparing to go. Well... Anyone interested in assisting me in my cause ought to head over to The Black Dragon's Den. My lieutenants are there right now, at rest. Feel free to join. Any of you. I've no doubt your help would be absolutely invaluable, and I'll always appreciate it. He turns to Tarim now. Would you like to head back with me? Or stay here? Room and board would be on me, of course.
    [The Fox Inn]

Kitty stands and faces Obriane. She leans down, her face just in front of the other woman's and both her hands on her thighs. "I don't think it's wrong at all. Does this feel wrong to you?" She closes the last inch of distance to give Obriane a slow kiss.
    [Malechenar]

"Whoever did the summoning was clever enough to bind the demon to the hospital. It cannot leave it's sphere of influence or effect anything outside it. Instead it feeds upon all the souls which died in the fire that heralded it's coming to this world and lures more victims into the hospital to claim their souls as well. Using them as puppets in it's schemes. It is a danger to riverside in general and the fourth tower are planning to banish it so there would be a lot of souls lost once it's gone, haunting the city. But if you don't feel comfortable using them we could always look for an alternative, such as natural spirits like that friend of yours attracted." Ryhe replies casually.

[The Fox Inn]

Damn it Kitty! You're making this hard! "...no." Obriane admits as Kitty kissed her. And neither did it before.
    Then she just isn't sure what to say, she could argue against it but that just felt stupid, she still felt a bit ashamed of it though. "I just never kissed a man before, lest of all a woman..."

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Fox Inn]

Kitty smiles broadly and gives Obriane another small kiss. "Then I better try hard to make it good for you, hm?" She giggles playfully and stands up straight again. "But back to my question before. Do you want to see the rest of the clothes I bought?" She asks mischievously. What could she be up to?

[Suncrest Manor]

((That implies Irena would be caught dead wearing a skirt. ))

"Uh, not really, I guess. I've lived here my whole life." He jerks his thumb back toward the house. "But that sucks, I guess. You're not from around here?"

11. - Top - End - #341

[The Fox Inn]

Obriane let's out a quiet sigh, what had she gotten herself into here? Kitty was one... babe. "Yeah, go ahead Kitty." It's not like they could be anything naughtier than what she already seen Kitty in.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Fox Inn]

Kitty grins all the wider and slowly drags her dress' zipper down. She lets the garment falls in a pile around her feet, revealing the sheer, two piece lingerie she's wearing below. "What do you think? Like it?" She gives her hips a little shake.

13. - Top - End - #343

[The Fox Inn]

Kitty smiles broadly and gives Obriane another small kiss. "Then I better try hard to make it good for you, hm?" She giggles playfully and stands up straight again. "But back to my question before. Do you want to see the rest of the clothes I bought?" She asks mischievously. What could she be up to?

[Suncrest Manor]

((That implies Irena would be caught dead wearing a skirt. ))

"Uh, not really, I guess. I've lived here my whole life." He jerks his thumb back toward the house. "But that sucks, I guess. You're not from around here?"
    Misaka nods.
    "I'm from a city in japan creatively titled "Academy Ity".
    she explains.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #344

[The Heist!]

The tall figure slowly walks towards the door and thankfully doesn't seem to notice the burglar. But then it stops in front of the door, turns around and then walks back the way it came.
    The Burglar just tries to get a better look at it, squinting his eyes at the shadows. Tall, yes. But tall and dangerously thin, like Cyban's boss, maybe? One of the shadow vampires, or one of their little slave minion... things. His breath, even his heartbeat goes painfully still as it walks past.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    "Uh...Let's see," Jacob starts thinking aloud. "Right before this happened...I was having a pretty normal week. I did laundry, went grocery shopping...Hmm...Oh, I did find an odd coin on the ground when I was at market. Maybe that has something to do with it. Wait right here, I'll go get it."

The man disappears up the rickety stairs to the second floor and can be heard rummaging around overhead. He returns shortly with a small coin, about the size of a quarter, in his hand, and he presents it to Marcus. "It's the most peculiar thing, but it seems precious, so I decided to hang onto it in case its owner came looking for it. I had it for a good week before the curse kicked in, but...Oh...oh my..." As he turns the coin over in his hand, foreign symbols can be seen glowing faintly on the face of the metal; it must be the object that was carrying the hex.

Being well-read in symbols of many varieties, Marcus should be able to determine their nature: they describe an enchantment that inflicts magical silence upon the last person to touch the object. What's more, there's an addendum that delays activation until exactly ten days after the host object is enchanted. Thankfully, it doesn't appear to be one of those self-renewing hexes, so there's no need to be afraid of adverse effects any longer. Probably just some wanna-be magician's idea of a practical joke.
    Marcus rolls the thing over his fingers, studying the coin. As it would seem, his gaze is fixed on the symbols toward the edges of the coin. Marcus makes a puzzled face at it.

"Why would anybody put a delay...oh but wait...." the Wizard whispers to himself. "Ah. I guess whoever made this didn't want people to throw it away right after they're silenced."

A thought occurred to Mark. He looks up at Jacob and smirks.

"You don't own anything magical to wear, huh? Let's remedy that."

Blue and black robes billow as Marcus throws the coin into the air above himself. With a sharp but gentle *thwack*, his staff bats at the coin sending it Jacob's way with no more force then if he tossed the coin underhand. If Jacob catches it, he ought to see that the previous markings are being burned away, replaced as new ones etch into it with arcane energy pulsating where it's carved. The light then shifts to a deep green hue as a loop is formed along the side of the coin, fitted for a thin chain.

"Why don't you hold onto that? It'll protect you from any more hexes that'd effect your person. If you have a favorite chain or necklace, I'd use that with it. The goal here is to show whoever 'dropped' that coin that there's an organization out there that'd make sure you're fixed up as if it was nothing. It'll show him or her, or whatever that their excuse for magic is petty, and if they keep it up, you can feel free to find me again. I'll deal with it. People are not supposed to carelessly curse other people." he finishes, some anger adding to his voice in the last bit. "Maybe I'm wrong here, but where I come from, that's against the law."

His fists tighten around his staff for a moment, and then he relaxes. He re-straps his staff to his back and regards the other man.

"We good here? There weren't any other issues were there?" Mark asks, not impatient, but very to-the-point.
    Last edited by Solidarity; 2014-05-29 at 10:42 AM.

16. - Top - End - #346

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Isolation Chamber]

[The Fox Inn]

Kitty grins all the wider and slowly drags her dress' zipper down. She lets the garment falls in a pile around her feet, revealing the sheer, two piece lingerie she's wearing below. "What do you think? Like it?" She gives her hips a little shake.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    The Burglar just tries to get a better look at it, squinting his eyes at the shadows. Tall, yes. But tall and dangerously thin, like Cyban's boss, maybe? One of the shadow vampires, or one of their little slave minion... things. His breath, even his heartbeat goes painfully still as it walks past.
    [Isolation Chamber==>Bedroom]

"Of course, just follow me." Zareen says before opening the door for Kanya which leads out into a corridor, she only need to go to the very next room however. As Zareen claimed, it pretty much looks like a dungeon without even a window or anything but a closet, a bucket (which hopefully won't be needed for a fire vampire) and a bed. "You are actually tired then? Didn't know vampires could get tired."

[The Fox Inn]

That... sure was some interesting clothing. Once again Obriane isn't sure what to say, she had never seen undergarment quite like that before. "It's... nice. Very nice." And now Kitty was shaking before her, the humanity!

[Light's Heart]

"Very well. I shall conduct my own investigation of the areas around here then. Nice meeting you." Daeva says with a polite nod at Shoyler.
    Tarim nods. "I'd like to see what you're up to. You don't need to pay for me however. I don't need anything." Benefits of being a demon and all. "Just lead the way and I'll see those allies of yours, there might be a person we could try to pick up on the way though..."

[The Heist]

Cybil.

The tall figure seem to be wearing a long brown robe, his face covered with some sort of enchantment which makes it impossible to discern it's facial features. All he can see is darkness where the figures face should be. The figure will continue up the stairs until it eventually disappears.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

[Isolation Chamber]

Kanya shrugs, and says, "Well, I feel tired. I don't know if that means anything, though." She looks at the room, and lies down as she says, "I have the feeling that you guys are still scared of me."

18. - Top - End - #348

[The Heist!]

((V_V))

Brown robes. Can't be one of the shadow vampires then, not the posh sort that hobnob around here with slaves and enchanted dishwashers. Can't be one of them in any less than gem-encrusted satin. Which would make this one of their guards.

So the Cat gives a good ten seconds for it to get up the stairs before he slips after, and keeps his steps light.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Misaka nods.
    "I'm from a city in japan creatively titled "Academy Ity".
    she explains.
    [Suncrest Manor]

"Uh, okay. Why was it called that?" Eliseo asks. He's starting to sound a bit awkward. What's with her telling him her problems anyway?

[The Fox Inn]

That... sure was some interesting clothing. Once again Obriane isn't sure what to say, she had never seen undergarment quite like that before. "It's... nice. Very nice." And now Kitty was shaking before her, the humanity!
    [Suncrest Manor]

"I thought you'd like it." Kitty leans down again to kiss Obriane. She runs her hands over the other woman's thighs. "Why don't you take off your breastplate?"

20. - Top - End - #350

[Isolation Chamber]

"Just cautious, that's all sweetheart. The only other fire vampire we have here have to be looked up tight or it would go on a killing spree and most folks around here are used to that kind of mentality, you're the exception sorry to say. But hey, it's not so bad. Things are looking up for you sweetie despite everything that's happened." Zareen grins toothily. No one has bothered telling her that those sharp teeth doesn't make for the friendliest of smiles it seems. "You got a family perhaps? Friends? I can inform them if you wish."

[The Heist!]

He can see the figure walk up the stairs and then disappearing into another corridor. at the top of the staircase and he has to follow as there is no other way to go but up. If he decideds following he will see that he's looking into a corridor with many doors and another (or the same?) brown robed individual standing outside one of them. None of the doors are open.

[Suncrest Manor]

Obriane could see where this was going, yet like last time she couldn't resist the temptation. She was so bad at this, she always though she had more willpower to at least try to think things though before going down with them. But without much consideration she starts removing her breastplate. "Alright..." She replies breathlessly. This is where a curtain probably can be pulled.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-05-31 at 07:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #351

Fox Inn (another point in time unless you want Kitty and Oribane to be interrupted)

Oribane may wake up to or notice Buddy knocking on her window, looking worried!
    That can't be good.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-05-31 at 05:57 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

[Isolation Chamber]

Kanya nods sadly to Zareen, and says, "I do, actually. A daughter, about eight years old..." She trails off, crying, but eventually managing in a rather hard tone, "Please...Don't tell her...It's better for her to think I died doing what I loved than...For her to find out what I am now..."

23. - Top - End - #353

[Isolation Chamber]

"Don't be like that sweetie, just since you aren't "normal" anymore means that life is over." The merwoman attempts to sooth. "With that star piece, maybe an bit of illusion, you can explain it all. You didn't die sweetheart, you just changed a bit. But with some help you can restart, you just have to try. This nexus place don't discriminate."

Fox Inn (another point in time unless you want Kitty and Oribane to be interrupted)

It will at least be afterwards. Obriane, dressed in her breastplate once again (since she had been going to bed and didn't want spirits possessing her) opens the door, looking mildly annoyed. "I was sleeping Buddy... what is it?"

24. - Top - End - #354

[Isolation Chamber]

"Don't be like that sweetie, just since you aren't "normal" anymore means that life is over." The merwoman attempts to sooth. "With that star piece, maybe an bit of illusion, you can explain it all. You didn't die sweetheart, you just changed a bit. But with some help you can restart, you just have to try. This nexus place don't discriminate."

It will at least be afterwards. Obriane, dressed in her breastplate once again (since she had been going to bed and didn't want spirits possessing her) opens the door, looking mildly annoyed. "I was sleeping Buddy... what is it?"
    Invidia's in trouble! She needs help!
    Buddy replies frantically, obviously really worried and kinda panicked
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #355

[1431 Hillside Lane]

It wasn't always like this. Last year, the house on the hill was the same as any of the little cookie cutter models in their neat little suburban rows, with the two little windows and the tiny backyard pool and the brown slate roof. The occupants were a pleasant older couple, well regarded in the neighborhood as a generally genial sort.

And then one cold October day, everyone woke up and the pleasant, modest house was gone.

Cobwebs sway as a cold wind comes whistling through the broken windows, as though the house itself is exhaling. Strange lights come on at night, the neighbors say, will-o-the-wisps dancing in the window like pale fireflies. The owners haven't been seen in weeks. The pumpkins at the door have rotted through, their festive masks distorted and sagging and spewing out moldy guts on the step for the swarming flies to feast upon.

There were all sorts of convenient excuses at first. Why, it was only their Halloween decorations - which they must have put up before they left on vacation, of course, which would also explain why the owners haven't been seen. But in the growing heat of June, and with all the neighborhood strays mysteriously gone from the streets, that's running a little thin.

Something has to be done. It's ruining property values.

Help Needed
    House Haunted
    1431 Hillside Lane
    Moderate Reward Offered

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

[Light's Heart]

"Very well. I shall conduct my own investigation of the areas around here then. Nice meeting you." Daeva says with a polite nod at Shoyler.
    Tarim nods. "I'd like to see what you're up to. You don't need to pay for me however. I don't need anything." Benefits of being a demon and all. "Just lead the way and I'll see those allies of yours, there might be a person we could try to pick up on the way though..."
    Farewell. Shoyler turns around and begins to walk away, his large boots echoing in the large building as his bulky strides form. He'll speak towards his new ally, ever eager to collect new huntsmen. You're absolutely welcome to come along with us. I'm sure your knowledge and skill will be invaluable. You said you knew someone to pick up... who would thwt be? Hmmm. I've never worked with a demon. You're unlike any infernal creature I've ever seen... How exactly did you come to be, my friend?

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

[Isolation Chamber]

"Don't be like that sweetie, just since you aren't "normal" anymore means that life is over." The merwoman attempts to sooth. "With that star piece, maybe an bit of illusion, you can explain it all. You didn't die sweetheart, you just changed a bit. But with some help you can restart, you just have to try. This nexus place don't discriminate."\
    [Isolation Chamber]

Kanya nods, and says, "I know..But even with the shard, I...Don't think I can touch anyone without freezing them still...And I don't think I can deal with never being able to hug my daughter again, or ruffle her hair or...Just, please. Don't."
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-06-01 at 08:45 AM.

28. - Top - End - #358

[Suncrest Manor]

"Uh, okay. Why was it called that?" Eliseo asks. He's starting to sound a bit awkward. What's with her telling him her problems anyway?
    ((sorry, meant Academy City))
    Because it was pretty much a city for study and education.
    Misaka replies simply.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"A whole city for that? Seems weird. How would that even work? People can't just be sitting around learning and teaching all the time. They've got to do other jobs too, right?" Eliseo says.

30. - Top - End - #360

[Suncrest Manor]

"A whole city for that? Seems weird. How would that even work? People can't just be sitting around learning and teaching all the time. They've got to do other jobs too, right?" Eliseo says.
    It was populated mainly by scientists and researchers and the like, but yeah, there were. The city was mainly focused on technological advancements and esper research however.
    She explains.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show