New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 15

1. - Top - End - #871
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 15

[Malechenar]

Kanya frowns and says, "I don't think I need to drain her quite yet...It sounds like her creator is...Stuck in another body, or reincarnated, or mind-controlled or something."

2. - Top - End - #872
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Malechenar]

"Yes! Yes! That!" The chimera insists. "We only protect daddy since the spirits are out to get it you see?"

The merwoman scratches her chin. "That makes things more complicated. Maybe we shouldn't focus on the master than, rather the creations?"

3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground

[Malechenar]

Kanya nods and says, "Yeah...I don't know. This whole thing is a massive mess. But...We need to stop this. I don't want to let anyone else have their soul ripped apart to make a monster."

4. - Top - End - #874

[Malechenar]

"But daddy don't have more children ever since it changed!" The chimera insists. "There is nothing for you to stop!"

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

[Malechenar]

Kanya tilts her head and says, "Well...We still need to meet him. Even if he stopped making...Children. Where can we find him?"

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Oh fine. Later, though. Night now I just want to spend time with you." Nadia gives Irena the sweetest smile. "We could just laze around and watch TV for a while."

7. - Top - End - #877

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena smiles widely. "We could." She liked the idea of that. "But you probably should put on some underwear. The little guy is here remember?" Even Irena wore underwear!

[Malechenar]

"I don't know where daddy is right now. Probably with that spirit." The chimera pauses, thinking. "I could tell you where daddy lives though, but on one condition. There is a spirit in it's company that is slowly draining daddy's energies like all spirits try to do. Which is why we must protect him. This spirit is masquerading as it's friend though so we can't do anything as we can't show ourselves to daddy. But maybe you could save it from the spirit?"

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Okay okay, but you have to help me pick it out." Nadia gives Irena a wink and heads out of the room with a sway in her hips. No doubt Irena will enjoy their morning of snuggling on the couch as much as Nadia hopes.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

[Malchenar]

Kanya nods and says, "Alright. Can you tell us where he is then? I promise we'll try to help."
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-08-08 at 08:44 PM.

10. - Top - End - #880

[Malechenar]

"You promise?" The girl looks suspiciously at Kayna. "Since daddy lives at an inn with a fox on it right here in this city. It's not there right now though..."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-08-08 at 08:47 PM.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

[Malechenar]

Kanya nods and frowns before saying, "Alright. We'll find it. I promise. Now, why don't you take a nice nap until we get back." With that, she slowly ramps up the drain on the Chimera, trying to slowly make is fall asleep and then die peacefully in it's sleep.

12. - Top - End - #882

[Malechenar]

"But I'm not sleepy!" The chimera insists. "I could stay up for much longer!" The being insists as it's clearly trying to fight back the sleepiness induced by Kayna. It blinks, staring at the fire vampire. "B-but why are you doing that again? Because I gotta save... daddy..." The rest of what the Chimera says are incomprehensible as it eventually goes to sleep for the very last time.

Zareen rubs her templates. "That was unnerving. But what will we do when we get to this inn?"

[Malechenar - Sticks Room]

There is a knock on the door! Could it be even more servants?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-08-09 at 12:48 PM.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

[Malechenar]

Kanya swallows, nods, and says, "Yeah...Um...Well, we need to find out one way or another what's going on. But I'm not sure what we're going to do when we get there...We'll figure it out."

14. - Top - End - #884

[Malechenar]

"Figure it out? I hope you do, I have no idea what to tell her 'daddy'." Zareen frowns. "We have to find out more about him I guess."

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

[Malechenar]

Kanya nods and says, "Well...The first step is finding him. I think I know the place, luckily."

16. - Top - End - #886

[Malechenar]

"You do? Well, there can't be that many inns with foxes in riverside can there?" Zareen replies.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Titan in the Playground

[Malechenar]

Kanya nods and says, "Well...There's a place called the Fox Inn in Westside, I think. And I'm pretty sure it's where the Chimera was talking about."

18. - Top - End - #888

[Malechenar]

"So I guess we go there and ask around. Going to get awkward if more people are staying there though." Zareen replies as she uses her tail to retrieve a rod she would eventually be using.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

There's a rustling from within. The tall man careens about inside, and his reedy voice drifts through the door. "One... one moment please! I'm not decent!" He almost hates to admit as much, but it was better than leaving them to wait in silence. He'd fallen asleep reading his own damned book that he'd long since forgotten about! 'Fallen asleep' being the strange part of that sentence!

Needless to say, Sticks is still in his PJ's, and unless whoever's outside insists or tells him it's alright, he'll continue trying to straighten himself up. Not even a bath, good gods man... He'll answer the door a couple of minutes later, hastily dressed in whatever nice tunic and trousers he could dredge up from his ancient travelling bag.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #890
    Titan in the Playground

[Malechenar]

Kanya nods and says, "Lead the way."

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    There's a rustling from within. The tall man careens about inside, and his reedy voice drifts through the door. "One... one moment please! I'm not decent!" He almost hates to admit as much, but it was better than leaving them to wait in silence. He'd fallen asleep reading his own damned book that he'd long since forgotten about! 'Fallen asleep' being the strange part of that sentence!

Needless to say, Sticks is still in his PJ's, and unless whoever's outside insists or tells him it's alright, he'll continue trying to straighten himself up. Not even a bath, good gods man... He'll answer the door a couple of minutes later, hastily dressed in whatever nice tunic and trousers he could dredge up from his ancient travelling bag.

Sticks isn't rushed to the door, and when he opens it he'll find a pair of women waiting patiently. Both wear robes that mark them as members of the Fourth Tower.

The first is very tall and slender. Her skin looks to be made up of overlapping plant matter. Between her thorn-like teeth and blank, black yes, she might look a bit unnerving, but no more so than Sticks himself, perhaps.

The other is a sort of merperson with blue, scaled skin and red fins. Her lower body is a fish-like tail. Her arms must be very strong to move outside the water like this.

"Hello mister Sticks." The first woman says politely. "My name is Vax, and this is my associate Zareen." She turns and gives the other woman a warm smile that suggests that they're more than mere associates. "We were sent here by Lord Rhye to assist you."

[Walking Home from School (Again)]

Eliseo is taking his usual route home from school, looking rather grumpy despite the school day being done. Of course, he's still grounded, so he's not going home to anything fun. SO the boy walks, kicking a discarded can as he goes, hard enough to relieve his frustration just a bit.

22. - Top - End - #892

Walking home from school Again

As he walks under a metal bridge on his route, he'll probably hear a voice above him.
    Hey Eliseo, long time no see! Um, don't think you could spare a little help here?
    Misawa inquires with embarrassment, clad in some jeans (thankfully for her), sneakers, and a white dress shirt, a backpack upon her back, is hanging somehow from the roof of the bridge by her hands, despite her palms lying on the underside of the bridge.
    She appears to have been here for a while.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

23. - Top - End - #893

The merwoman clears her throat, not looking in Vax's direction though it's clear she feels the other woman's eye upon her. "Yes, to find a... silver? A very rare and precious metal as I understand it from a country haunted by ghosts."

[Malechenar]

"Aren't you supposed to lead Kanya? You said that you know the way to that inn." Zareen asks with a look at the fire vampire.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Titan in the Playground

[Malechenar]

Kanya blinks and then says, "Oh. Right. Well, as I recall, it's in Westside. So...Let's go, I suppose," and, with that, leads the way to the Fox Inn.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Orc in the Playground

Magmart

The slaves are still present, hanging around looking at the various things on offer. The Raptorc has grabbed an exploding baby and is awkwardly holding it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

26. - Top - End - #896

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Malechenar]

Kanya blinks and then says, "Oh. Right. Well, as I recall, it's in Westside. So...Let's go, I suppose," and, with that, leads the way to the Fox Inn.
    [Malechenar==> Fox Inn]

So they reach the Fox Inn!

It's not very foxy for an Inn stealing a much more foxier inn's name. It looks decent enough though with more than just beer on the menu and some places to sleep. Surprisingly cheap for those who stay a longer time. Must be the reason people even go here instead of the more famous inns, to have somewhere to sleep.
    There is a fishman cleaning an empty glass by the bar, apparently so deeply concentrated in it's work it doesn't take notice of the two women walking inside.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

[Fox Inn]

Kanya looks around and says, "Let's see if anyone is here, shall we?" as she starts walking up the stairs towards the rooms.

28. - Top - End - #898

[Fox Inn]

"Very well..." Zareen stares at the stairs. "Perhaps you take upstairs and I downstairs? My body has a slight problem with stairs." Would be so much easier if everything was underwater and she didn't need to drag herself everywhere.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

[Fox Inn]

Kanya nods and says, "Of course. Meet you back here in a few," as she floats up the stairs, knocking on each room's door to see if anyone's there.

30. - Top - End - #900

[Fox Inn]

There aren't many people in their rooms at this hour, it's the middle of the day after all. But one door she knocks on is opened by an orc dressed up in a fine coat and breaches. "Ze? How may I help you this fine evening...?" He gives Kayna a skeptical look.