New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1512

Thread: Riverside 15

1. - Top - End - #1381
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 15

The Lotus Gardens

"Oh, I'm not worried Jezebel, the state is quite harmless. The closest comparison I can think of would be intoxication, thought the effects are far from well-documented. Each time it has been a light-headed sensation of sort where the worlds troubles seems more distant and you don't have to worry so much. Quite refreshing in a few ways, but socially awkward in others." She says with a laugh. She then looks into the mirror Jezebel showed her and then down at her body. "Interesting! The changes are different now than before. I'm leaner, more lithe and I can actually see my toes." This makes her laugh again. "But I... seems to have forgotten what I was going to say. You were talking about your children, correct?" She seems completely obviously to Jezebel's looks at her. She usually was rather ignorant about homosexual subtext in general.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-11-15 at 10:53 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Toy Tinker]

"Well I can't claim I'll complain about a musk, Jim. If the place smells like a petting zoo we're bound to attract curious children, aren't we?" Sticks jokes smartly. He always appreciates a humble fellow, and he fully expected that from Jim. Still, it's important Jim knows just how much people appreciate him.

A slight note of embarrassment creeps into Sticks' voice. "I may not have accepted... explicitly monetary gain for that as-yet incomplete project." Realizing what he's doing, the tall man clarifies bluntly, "I haven't got any money from Ryhe yet, but that's not his fault. Merely... books. Old tomes. Something I'd lost..."

"That, however, is not important. I mention your training because it can be used for a variety of purposes. I mean, have you ever considered showman as a practical profession?" Sticks looks at Jim and grins innocently.

[Alleyway]

As Sticks runs, he begins to detach his left hand. It creaks and groans displeasure as he spins it free with an oily squeak, leaving him temporarily dismembered. He slows a little as the hand he hasn't disembodied reaches into his cloak, searching... Searching for... Ah!

What looks like a dull, green-brown wooden blasting rod appears in his fingers. It's to the end of this he attaches his left hand, the foul Molkav artifact beginning to glow an evil violet hue. It isn't truly attached - it floats, immovable, above the empty tip of the blasting rod, where a charge or focus would normally be situated to direct energy.

This is no ordinary blasting rod - it is Vargain's Fabulous Focus Manipulator, one of many similarly terrible titles Sticks worked on while he was still called by that name. And while he remembers quite well what it does, he isn't quite sure how the Molkav Claw will react to it's unique stimuli...

In any case, Sticks thumbs the topmost Sigil at the tip of the Manipulator, the sign indicating Maximum Focus. His Molkav hand writhes and spreads it's fingers violently, violet glow turning a much hotter color, approaching pink or white. Lords, he hoped this wouldn't backfire...

The tall man appears at the end of the alley, having found his way by memory of what his little bug saw. He sees as Kitty does - and sees the one that isn't burning lunge. "Kitty!" He cries, hefting the Manipulator to aim down the alley but not activating it yet. "Get down! Duck!"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

The Toy Tinker

Jim blinks. He wants him to...what?
    "You...want me to put on a show to help business? I really don't have any experience there. I mean, I still get embarrassed when I play for Syela, and that's just one person. 'Course, that's not normal people, I guess?" he says tentatively.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Alleyway]

The spirit fire causes the thing to literally go up in flames as the various souls that make up it's being scream out in pain. They panic, all trying to flee, to scatter in different directions, but their sewn together mass make such an escape impossible. But in the middle of the burning souls Kitty can see how the previously crying woman is standing up. She, like the others seem to be in pain the way she moves but and squirms, but then her eyes suddenly lit up into two cold tinders and the flames that consume her go out.

Now Kitty can see her white perfect skin, full red lips and somehow perfect long black hair which drapes around her as if there was no gravity. She would probably be considered extremely beautiful if not for those eyes burning with cold hatred as they bore into the kitsune. "YOU!" She cries out, somehow making herself heard over the anguished screams of the souls around her. "You don't even know..." Kitty can see that tears are still running down her face, turning to small ice crystals before they break against the ground. "You stole him from me you BITCH! HE'S ALL I AM! WHAT WILL I DO NOW?!" Her whole body is shaking and the temperature within the alley steadily seem to drop. "You made me hurt him!" This time she moves to attack, dashing towards Kitty with her hand raised, her nails suddenly turning into claws, ready to tear the Kitsune's throat out.

Sticks may arrive at the scene any time his player wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Alleyway]

As Sticks runs, he begins to detach his left hand. It creaks and groans displeasure as he spins it free with an oily squeak, leaving him temporarily dismembered. He slows a little as the hand he hasn't disembodied reaches into his cloak, searching... Searching for... Ah!

What looks like a dull, green-brown wooden blasting rod appears in his fingers. It's to the end of this he attaches his left hand, the foul Molkav artifact beginning to glow an evil violet hue. It isn't truly attached - it floats, immovable, above the empty tip of the blasting rod, where a charge or focus would normally be situated to direct energy.

This is no ordinary blasting rod - it is Vargain's Fabulous Focus Manipulator, one of many similarly terrible titles Sticks worked on while he was still called by that name. And while he remembers quite well what it does, he isn't quite sure how the Molkav Claw will react to it's unique stimuli...

In any case, Sticks thumbs the topmost Sigil at the tip of the Manipulator, the sign indicating Maximum Focus. His Molkav hand writhes and spreads it's fingers violently, violet glow turning a much hotter color, approaching pink or white. Lords, he hoped this wouldn't backfire...

The tall man appears at the end of the alley, having found his way by memory of what his little bug saw. He sees as Kitty does - and sees the one that isn't burning lunge. "Kitty!" He cries, hefting the Manipulator to aim down the alley but not activating it yet. "Get down! Duck!"

[Alleyway]

"What?" Kitty says out of pure confusion, her alcohol addled brain not putting the pieces together. "You're delu-" And then the spirit rushes her. She stumbles backward, and Sticks' voice registers enough that she throws herself to the ground. Not quite quick enough, however. The ghost's claws rake across her chest. She cries out and reflexively whips a small flame in the spirit's face as she tumbles to the ground.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2014-11-14 at 10:21 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1385

[Alleyway]

The woman cries out as she's hit by the flame right in the eyes and stumbles backwards in pain. "YOU FILTHY WHORE!" It's not like she can move too far from the alley anyway as she too is attached to the mass of souls who are still burning even if the flames slowly starts to go out.

[Dragon Inn]

"T-thanks." Obriane stammers, she was curious though and felt strangely clear headed now. "But do you know what's going on? With the spirits and all? You were investigating something..." She couldn't recall what Kanya had said though. Something about spirits?

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Barbarian in the Playground

Northside Museum

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    She'll just be in time to see the Burglar land then, a quick blur past one of the windows and then an ugly sounding smack of flesh against concrete, loud enough to hear even inside the museum. The jewelery case comes tumbling off the roof a moment later, to follow him down, down, down.

That's gotta hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Northside Museum]

Welp! Now she needed to save him!
    Diving into the earth again, closing the hole she just made, she quickly "swims" through the ground underneath them towards the burglar, hopefully able to pull him underneath the earth before that woman can reach him.
    Cassidy is able to reach the burglar at about the same time that the other woman reaches him. Cassidy tries to grab the burglar around his neck to stick the syringe in him.

I don't think she's qualified to be administering shots.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Inn]

Kanya nods and says, "Yeah, I was looking into a weird chimera thing that attacked me. But...That really isn't important. What's important is you staying alive. We'll have time to talk about it once you're safe."

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Inn]

After a while, the called help does arrive. Looks like it's part of Malechenar's nearly-acquired mercenary security force. The patrol consists of a large, female gnoll with a long red mane, wearing metal armour with spiked gauntlets and no visible weapons. Behind her are two smaller, male gnolls, armed in wicked-looking flails.

"We're from the Howling Commandos, authorized to uphold the law in this district," she says, waving her MERC license with a Malechenar stamp on it. "What's the commotion here?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #1389

[Dragon Inn]

"I don't think- am I dying?" Obriane suddenly sounds panicked.
    Thankfully, this is the time when the mercenaries and ambulance personnel arrive so Kanya won't have to deal with that. The will enter the inn and start helping Obriane up on a stretcher.
    Meanwhile the inn's owner attempts to explain to the mercenaries what happened. "Murggglah! Grralahah! Muurglagla!"

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Inn]

Kanya shakes her head and says, "I don't know. But I hope you'll be fine."

She then turns, allowing the medics to help Obrianne, and says to the gnolls, "Hello. We were attacked by some kind of spirit. Obrianne was injured, and two other chased after it outside."

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Inn]

"Spirits? We'll see what we can do," the gnoll woman says, glancing at the Murlock innkeeper. "Uh, can't understand you, sir, sorry 'bout that. Rrugtek, stay here. We'll go track down those who left." Provided no one interrupts, one of the male gnolls remains to stand guard, while the woman and the other man head out, trying to follow the scent of anyone who left the inn recently.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

Jezebel can't help but smile a bit. "Don't worry about being intoxicated. Not here. It's a fairly common sight here." She admits before closing her eyes and resting her head on the trunk of the tree. "I was talking about bringing my son here, and while I didn't say such, yes, I do have multiple children at this point. I haven't had to carry any myself though and while it's selfish, I'm thankful for such. If there's one thing I'm still glad about from my time serving that Dark God, it's that I gained the knowledge of how to make my physical sex rather...fluid." She explains.

13. - Top - End - #1393

Lotus Gardens

"Oh, but I will always worry. So don't you worry me being worried now Jezebel. The will just make me worried and then we'll never be able to stop!" Cessie jokes before she listens in curiously to Jezebel's story. "Dark gods let you have children without pregnancy? If you only had tried to recruit me with that..." She gives Jezebel an amused glance. "All hail Slaanesh and all. But really, you can change gender? What do you look as a man?"

14. - Top - End - #1394

Wolves' Cave -Southside Siths

Okami Kei-Jin runs into the cave, his eyes filled with worry. He had just been consulting with some of the wild animals in the area, where the violent destruction of DART had not gone unnoticed.

He walks over to Atsuko's room, quickly packing her things into his hat.
    Little One, we need to leave. Don't worry, we're going to Inside...it's saf-better...better.

The young man does his best to look calm and collected, but he's only the equivalent of 28...

Spook, Trace, and Flitter are all gathered at the cave entrance, waiting for their Alpha.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Wolves' Den]

Atsuko nods, but even so asks a question.
    "Why?"
    She's taken to asking for an explanation of basically everything that she hears.

The girl picks up her one possession, the bouncy ball, and heads to the edge of her tunnel, wings straining and just managing to take her off the ground for an instant.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #1396

Wolves' Den - Southside Sith

Okami pauses just long to smile at her mini-flight and answer with a simple Because a cave isn't good enough for you, Atsuko...

It's a lie, of course. There's nothing better than a cave for raising pups.

He picks up the little girl and heads to the cave. So far so good.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #1397

[Wolves' Den]

"I like caves."
    The girl pouts, and then is swept up and smiles.
    "Ok."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #1398

Wolves' Den - Southside Sith

I do too...

The fivesome fade away into the dusk, moving with all the stealth they can afford.
    The path is long and it's not like they have paved roads to follow.

This is Southside, after all.
    Trace, I need you to scout ahead, make sure there's nothing blocking our path.

The wolf bounds forward, vanishing into the underbrush.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #1399

[Wolves' Den]

"Scout? Where Trace go?"
    The place is pretty open, after all.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #1400

The Pack - Leaving Southside

He's looking for a path...easier traveling.
    He says, bouncing lightly with the girl in his arms.

Spook glances around nervously.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #1401

[The Toy Tinker]

"I didn't exactly mean a performance with your fiddle, though that is a thought..." The tall man puts a curled finger to his lips and studies Jim. Apparently appraising his qualities as a potential showman. "No, I meant a magic show! You know, basic flim-flammery! Prestidigitation!" The tall man holds out his hands magnificently. The ruin around them tempers the joy he derives from conversations with Jim, so he isn't quite smiling, but it's there in his eyes.

[Alleyway]

Sticks narrows his gaze at the mass of hateful things and takes careful aim. A spark of will, a breath of power. He screams a half-decent battle cry and hurls the power of the Molkav down the alleyway.

Blessedly, Kitty has removed herself from the line of fire, and thus won't be struck by the twelve foot high ethereal hand that Sticks sends hurtling down the ruddy passageway. White power burning with putrid violet energy, the huge bladed digits curl themselves into claws, followed after by a wriggling tail of purple fire. A shriek of creaking metal pierces the air as the terrifying fingertips descend, attempting to puncture and pierce the mass of spirits.

The huge outstretched hand exists in both the material and ethereal plane, thus making it able to touch physical objects or spectral ones simultaneously.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2014-11-16 at 03:44 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #1402

[Alleyway]

The hand hits the mass, and the woman, head on and for a moment the screams of the souls turn into a chorus of pure anguish which can be heard all the way back to the inn before whatever tied all these souls together comes undone, the white sphere surrounding them shattering into dissolving shards of lust and obsession. And much like they blew off the lid of a machine, Sticks and Kitty get a chance to see it's inner workings just before it all breaks apart. The Kitsune probably won't understand it all, but there are memories and emotions that breaks off into fractions of images that play out in the air before them as the burning souls go to their final resting place.
    But what they see isn't especially pleasant, just endless grotesque sex scenes that sometimes go into murder and even cannibalism, often with more than two persons involved. Perhaps they can recognize some of these people in the images as the souls that belonged to this strange being, with an clear need to satisfy someones endless need for pleasure.

The souls come apart one by one in a rapid succession until only the woman remains, her spirit body broken by more than just Sticks wand. She shivering remains are marked with what must be endless years of abuse. Yet her last act is reaching out her shaking hand to slowly caress and invisible cheek, her red lips moving but her final gentle words too quiet to hear before she fades away.

[Dragon Inn]

The gnolls can probably feel the scent of alcohol and fox of all things. Not sure if Sticks carry a special scent but Kittys should really be enough to go on as it's fairly strong.
    The innkeeper seems increasingly frustrated but doesn't seem to be able to express more than mere gibberish to the mercenaries.
    Then suddenly there is a loud glass-shattering shriek in the distance. Something big just happened.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Inn]

The gnolls keep on the trail, and quicken their pace to follow the scent. They'll probably reach the alleyway next post.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alleyway]

Kitty sits up, not fully comprehending what just happened. This is all a little much right now, to say the least. She groans and arduously pushes herself to her feet. A red stain spreads quickly down her front, but she doesn't quite seem to realize.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ogre in the Playground

The Toy Tinker

Jim tries to imagine that image, and finds it a bit too amusing to avoid chuckling a bit at it.
    "Well, I hope that you have some tasteful ideas in mind for a costume, because I'm no good at all with fashion." he says, leaving the joke about his opinions in regards to pants unsaid.

26. - Top - End - #1406

[The Toy Tinker]

"I'm sure I have something ridiculous you can wear," Sticks says. This was just one idea, but it might be worth looking into if Jim's really willing to put on a show. "Magic can be quite a fun trade, when you get down to it. Does Miss Syela like magic, Jim?" The tall man raises his eyebrows, smiling a little.

[Alleyway]

Sticks is shocked. One good squeeze and the chimera comes apart, split into it's component fragments by the sundering power of the Molkav. He isn't sure if it's because the Claw is so strong or the stitches holding the spirits together were too weak, but the end result is the same. He tries not to watch as the collective memories of the tortured play out across the night sky.

The huge Claw recedes and shrinks back down into the actual artifact. The fingers of that metal horror close, sated, and clench into an impervious fist before falling still completely.

The tall man makes his way forward, the Manipulator dropping to his side, and he stares at the place where the spectral woman was. Wondering. Fearing. It's only a splash of red that draws his gaze. "Miss Kitty, you're bleeding." He would put more shock into his voice, but he believes he's quite out've juice for it now. "Here I... I might have something..." The tall man drops the useless Manipulator and reaches into his cloak with his good hand, eyes turning downward.

As for the Gnolls, Sticks smells distinctly of oil, grease, and scorched air. The sort of ozone smell violent evocation produces.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2014-11-16 at 07:42 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

The Toy Tinker

Jim gives a bit of a wistful look and a shrug.
    "Well, I certainly hope so, since she's apprenticed to an alchemist. I haven't really asked her about the more esoteric kinds, though." he says. Indeed, it really hasn't come up much. Jim prefers to keep quiet about these sorts of things so he can surprise her later.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

Jezebel winces when Slaanesh's name is mentioned so casually, but her smile returns. "Sort of surprised you hadn't known that. The God is usually depicted as half male, half female and his Champions usually have aspects of both." She explains before standing up and stretching. "As for changing form completely, usually I don't go to such lengths unless it is a sticking point with my partner, but I don't mind showing you. I have many forms, but I suppose I could show my favorite."

Jezebel takes a moment to pull off her cloak, casting it into the wind where it vanishes. As it does so, her flesh ripples and her form begins to change. Her breasts shrink, muscles become toned, and skin darkens several shades. When she's done transforming, Cessie will see a male elf standing before her, only slightly taller than she is with wiry muscles and even longer hair reaching down to the middle of the back. The dress she'd be wearing shifted as well, turning into a pair of loose white pants. The man turns and smiles at Cessie as a final ripple goes through his flesh, causing black lines to appear on his chest, flowing until it makes the symbol of a lotus blossom above his heart. There's no chest hair at all on the form and as "Jezebel" gives a spin, Cessie will see a line of opalescent scales along the elf's spine, going into a thin long devilish tail that's even tipped in a small spade. "Well?"

Even the voice is changed, slightly more masculine but not overly so.

29. - Top - End - #1409

Lotus Gardens

Cessie watches Jezebels transformation curiously, it was really weird seeing her change gender but once she was done it was hard to believe she was ever female. She now reminded her of Aegnor. "Amazing." The sorceress compliments. "I think you'll have to change out of it fast though before I'm caught staring too long." She says with a giggle. "Since that is... very attractive." In other words, drop-dead gorgeous.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

"That's alright. I never mind the stares. Besides, I people will generally concentrate on you I think."
    He says smoothly with a smile before giving a polite bow. Afterwards though, the smile is smaller, a faint look of worry on his face. "Do you want me to change back, Cessie?"