New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1512

Thread: Riverside 15

1. - Top - End - #1441
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 15

Lotus Gardens

She laughs as well, bur probably not as hard; soon using her own napkin to hastily tidy up the places she can reach from her side of the table. "Hey, I actually have a sense of humor you know. This just isn't the kind of place I usually show it however." She felt kind of proud to actually have made Jezebel laugh that hard however. "Just don't tell Sakura I actually made that joke however, she might take it the wrong way." She continues with a giggle, not actually suspecting that the dryad would be offended or anything. It was just a silly joke and Sakura was one of the silliest persons she knew. "But I certainly hope that I'm not distracting you from important surrogate checking business here."

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

"I'm thankful for the distraction, so don't worry about it."
    Jezebel says before standing and putting his chair back under the table. He takes a moment to pull his cloak back on before putting a small stack of gold coins on the table. Its far more than even ten of these meals was worth, but it's not like he couldn't afford it. "Are you ready to head out?" He asks, taking Cessie's new cloak and hold it ready for her.

3. - Top - End - #1443

Lotus Gardens

"That I am." Cessie replies as she gets up, but still make sure to leave a less substantial tip on the table. She leaves more than she usually would however, not wanting to stand in Jezebel's shadow too much. She would just look poor!
    The sorceress then accepts the cloak and heads out the door. "You're not really going to let me keep this thing though are you though? I'm hardly a charity case." She jokes with a amused look at Jezebel as she draws the cloak tighter around herself.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Barbarian in the Playground

Temple of the Burning Light

Spoiler: Prisoner Exchange
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Temple of The Burning Light Light's Hearth]

There are no servants in sight, just priests of various ages, races and genders running around taking care of homeless. A female tauren in a black apron and a white robe underneath approaches the two newcomers. "Is there something I can help you with? I like to make sure I personally greet each newcomer and your faces aren't know here yet." She smiles gently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Temple of The Burning Light]

Dipsnig comes riding there on Viima, bearing the requested metal in a bag of holding. He's alone. Despite the task he's here to accomplish, he looks strangely calm and composed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Temple of The Burning Light

Whenever Dipsnig or MERC's representative comes to pick up Krait, they'll see that a woman is waiting for them, Krait seated next to her. The woman is tall, a giant of a human at nearly seven feet tall but her powerful form is still graceful with smooth pale skin and silver hair that's tied into a braid that stretches down to her lower back. She wears a shimmering silver dress and several rings on her right hand. She'd be fairly pretty in an angular sort of way if it weren't for the horribly mangled left cheek she has, torn so bad that it reveals teeth beneath. Despite being in a temple where people who've done horrible things could be burned alive, she appears completely at peace, even smiling slightly with her eyes closed as she waits.

"Nothing is needed, madam heifer. Carry on," Krait answers, in an attempt to politely dismiss the woman that will almost certainly fail terribly. Diplomacy is not the kobold's strong suit, I'd say. He doesn't say a word to Dipsnig upon the goblin's arrival, simply watching in silence, his signature mask hiding whatever thoughts might be swirling about in his head.

MagMart

Poor Riverside MagMart. Little does it know the potential ruin it will face. Famine, earthquake, disease? What possible disaster will plague it this time?

Apparently, it's a rather tall woman who goes by Frost who starts off by kicking the front door in with a grin. "Hello, bots. If you wouldn't mind departing, I think that would be a good idea. Take an extra long coffee break. I think you'll need it." She tells the MagBots staffing the place as a hover platform with several large crates on it floats in behind her.
    The Magbots draw their time cards all at once, more than willing to go along with the woman's demands. It isn't a moment later before they stop, however, as a rather extraordinarily pale-looking MagClone raises a hand to order them to halt. This must be the local manager, then. It seems the midnight shifts haven't been kind to his complexion.

"To arms. Take her down, and check those crates."

Energy weapons set to stun are drawn as those time cards are put away. Looks like the coffee break will have to wait until later.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

"Please, excuse him."
    Frost says with a gentle smile as she stands, facing the priestess. "And I'm sorry that this is not the Temple's usual purpose, but you see, my companion here was captured on the field of battle and his employer has come to pay the ransom to get him back. He has not been ill treated and my boss figured it would be appropriate to handle the situation in a neutral place where there would be no favoritism or potential hostilities. I hope we can make up for this transgression by providing donations before we leave." She explains, giving a small bow. "I am called Frost. It is a pleasure to meet you."

MagMart

Frost gives a sigh and sets a hand on her hip, tilting it to one side. "Magtok, please don't do this. It'll be a lot less fun for everyone involved and I'd rather not risk damaging this dress. Do you know how hard it is to find something in my size?" She asks. "Besides, what other rooftop is going to be more appropriate than this one for a Hero vs Villain showdown? Surely someone as crafty as yourself has figured out a way to minimize loss of inventory here. And a way to sell tickets to such a show for an obscene profit."

Lotus Gardens

"I never said you were."
    Jezebel points out as he looks around a bit before starting to walk down the street, a goal obviously in mind. "And why not? It is a nice cloak and fits you rather well, doesn't it? Besides, it makes me feel better to give a gift like that. It means I've done something meaningful to someone today. You aren't the only one who needed a friend today, you know." He adds softly, smile gone and lips tight in thought.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

[Temple of the Burning Light]

"That's more or less accurate," Dipsnig says. "It's my hope that this place will help us transact this business smoothly and get it over with," he adds in an icy tone, looking impassively at Frost. She and her whip-master have another thing coming, but they don't know it yet.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Titan in the Playground

[Temple of the Burning Light-Later]

A young woman in grey robes, with brown hair and green eyes, wearing thick-rimmed glasses, approaches the temple, looking about curiously.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Halfling in the Playground

[Alleyway]

I don't believe there are remains of any dead woman by which to crouch. The alley is now empty but for Sticks and Kitty.

The tall man turns partway toward the mouth of the alley, eyes widening. "Who're you people?!" Kitty's words put Sticks' head on a swivel, and he moves only just in time to catch the faltering young lady. It's a bit more difficult with only one arm, but he tries at least to keep her on her feet. It helps she grabbed his arm right away, a fact that makes this only all the more uncomfortable for poor Sticks. "Kitty! You, one of you, help me! I've got only one hand!" He would point at the gnolls to emphasize his words, but that is also difficult with one hand!

[The Toy Tinker]

"Now's the chance to find out, lad," Sticks replies, keeping up his slight smile. He glances at the floor again, and at the toys that had been active not a few moments ago. "Though I suppose we've got a bit of work to do first..."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #1449

The tauren glares down at Krait, heifer? At least she was insulted by someone with an extended vocabulary, ususally they used "miss cow" or "Bovine". Her gaze doesn't linger far on him however as she looks over at Frost. "As neutral ground? Very well, we will ensure that it remains exactly that." She turns to Dipsnig who might note that the many flames burning within the temple seems strangely attracted to him and the kobolt. "That goes especially to you two. We won't tolerate any hostility in here. Is that CLEAR?"

Lotus Gardens

"It is very nice." Cessie agrees, smiling back. "But it still feels like I need to give you something in return. Why don't I come back here by say the end of the week with a gift of my own? All the time we met, you have always come to me after all. Unless you count the first time of course." She pauses. "But I must satisfy my curiosity here, what were you planning to do with me in there? I recall a man visiting my dreams."

[Temple of the Burning Light- Evening]

At evening Light's Hearth doesn't nearly have as many visitors, but it's especially beautiful at this time with it's many fires burning within the citadel and all along it's mighty walls, making it's surroundings bath in light. There is a large bird-creatures dressed up in a golden armor which reflects the torch-light sitting perched upon the walls. It simply watches her however, not saying a word.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

The Toy Tinker

Well, a few less than before, since Barnabas had been cleaning the entire conversation.
    "Yeah, I suppose that we do." he says, and he finally relaxes enough to start cleaning up the place, though even with all the damage his usual smile never totally leaves his face.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

The woman looks impassively at the giant bird, unimpressed. She simply wanders outside the temple, curious, though with enough observation, it becomes noticeable that every once in a while, she approaches the temple, then walks away again.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

Jezebel can't help but smile a bit. "I think I'd like that quite a bit actually. It'll be great to see a friend from time to time." He says, looking at her with the smile before turning and nodding towards a pastry shop up ahead. "That's where we're headed. Something you should try in there." He explains before taking a deep breath. "As for the hotel, it was a front but I was going to try and make it the start of a place like this. Unfortunately it was crude and unstable, hence the nightmares and such. It took me ages to learn how to refine the method of linking the two worlds, even through a minuscule doorway like I had here. Despite what happened, I'm thankful. It would have been a disaster had I been able to continue the work there. Likely devour the entire area in a warp storm."

13. - Top - End - #1453

Suddenly the bird opens it's beak and speaks. "This one sees the lady come and go but never stay. What does this lady desire if she cannot make up her mind?" It asks the woman as she's on her way back.

Lotus Gardens

"So things turned out positive after all. Sure didn't feel like that at the time, but yet here we are." Cessie replies as she follows along, not wanting to think too closely about warpstorms and madness right now. "But let's focus on more pleasant things, what do you want me to try?" She kinda wanted to ask why she needed a friend too. Or why she had turned to her of all people, but they were going to focus on pleasant things. At least for the moment.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-11-18 at 09:32 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

The woman blinks, but says calmly, "Well, who's in charge here? I'd like to speak with them."

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

"Give me just one moment."
    Jezebel says before darting into the shop. It takes just a minute before he returns, holding two small plates while offering one to Cessie. "Baklava. Honey soaked pastry layered with a nut mixture." He explains with a grin. As messy as it looks he was thoughtful enough to bring a fork. "My world had nothing like it and I've fallen in love with the stuff."

16. - Top - End - #1456

Lotus Gardens

"Never seen it myself, sound good though." The sorceress remarks before she has a taste of it the pastry Jezebel brought her. She wasn't usually for this sort of stuff, but it couldn't hurt to try some of it. "What was that about friends though?" Cessie asks as she eats. She couldn't keep back the question forever!

The bird squawks. "So this lady asks this one who leads? But yet there is none, so that is a very strange question indeed. Everyone lead themselves, acting by their inner voice. None should act by orders of others, unless it is to defend those who cannot defend themselves. So this one cannot answer the lady's question unless she is more specific. Who does this lady like to meet? Servants perhaps? Clergy? Warriors?"

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

The woman shrugs and replies, "Servants? Clergy? Warriors? Of who, if I may ask?"

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

The Baklava is quite a treat, composed of dozens of less-than-paper-thin sheets of special dough that's been brushed with butter, layered with a sweet nut paste, and eventually coated in honey as it is baked. Biting through it takes a slight bit of effort and the resulting pastry is quite chewy but sticky and sweet in the best way. It's can't be healthy at all, but it's darn good to eat.

Jezebel takes a bite of his own piece, thinking as he chews it for a minute before replying. "I have lots of people around me here, but not a single peer or someone I could call a close friend." He says, giving a small sigh out of resignation rather than sadness. "Think about it for a moment. I'm a goddess to many of these people or at least recognized as far more powerful than they are. That creates a...distance between me and everyone else. I have students, worshipers, artists, servants and even people who beg to be my slaves. I have many lovers and children, and I act as a muse to more, providing inspiration and aide to those who wish to create. I could take you around here for a month to get a portrait, a picture, a song, or even a sculpture made of you by someone else every day and never run out. But for all I do Cessie, for everyone I know and help and listen to, not a single one of them considers me their peer. I am either loathed, feared or completely adored." He explains before looking up at Cessie.

"Except by someone like you. As far as I've seen, for all my power and aspirations, you couldn't care less. You treat me as a person, not a god, and just that alone makes me wish I could allow myself a moment to fall to my knees and thank you dearly."
    For as serious as he sounds, he doesn't do as he says and just smiles at her. "To top it off, everything here is new to you. There's nothing tedious or repetitive for you here while it feels like such for me from time to time. To see you smile as you watch things or explore here as you've done today...it reminds me of why I did this in the first place, so...thank you."

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Barbarian in the Playground

Temple of the Burning Light - Hostage Exchange

Spoiler: Burning Light Quotes
    Show

"Please, excuse him."
    Frost says with a gentle smile as she stands, facing the priestess. "And I'm sorry that this is not the Temple's usual purpose, but you see, my companion here was captured on the field of battle and his employer has come to pay the ransom to get him back. He has not been ill treated and my boss figured it would be appropriate to handle the situation in a neutral place where there would be no favoritism or potential hostilities. I hope we can make up for this transgression by providing donations before we leave." She explains, giving a small bow. "I am called Frost. It is a pleasure to meet you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"That's more or less accurate," Dipsnig says. "It's my hope that this place will help us transact this business smoothly and get it over with," he adds in an icy tone, looking impassively at Frost. She and her whip-master have another thing coming, but they don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

The tauren glares down at Krait, heifer? At least she was insulted by someone with an extended vocabulary, usually they used "miss cow" or "Bovine". Her gaze doesn't linger far on him however as she looks over at Frost. "As neutral ground? Very well, we will ensure that it remains exactly that." She turns to Dipsnig who might note that the many flames burning within the temple seems strangely attracted to him and the kobolt. "That goes especially to you two. We won't tolerate any hostility in here. Is that CLEAR?"

"The prisoner will cause no trouble the promised bribes cannot cover, madam steak," Krait promises, even as he exploits yet another opportunity to insult the tauren. He maintains the same polite, innocent tone as before, mocking the tauren's heritage in such a way that one honestly can't tell if it's out of malice or sheer ignorance. Is he trying to upset her, or does he simply not know how to address one of her kind, and has no idea that his language could be seen as offensive?

MagMart

Frost gives a sigh and sets a hand on her hip, tilting it to one side. "Magtok, please don't do this. It'll be a lot less fun for everyone involved and I'd rather not risk damaging this dress. Do you know how hard it is to find something in my size?" She asks. "Besides, what other rooftop is going to be more appropriate than this one for a Hero vs Villain showdown? Surely someone as crafty as yourself has figured out a way to minimize loss of inventory here. And a way to sell tickets to such a show for an obscene profit."
    The cyborg sighs, as he draws a sidearm of his own, and flicks the safety off, before slowly turning it down to its lowest stun setting.

"I don't have a choice, stranger. I have to try to stop you, everyone would find out if I didn't. I've got enough on my plate with ambiguous morality complaints as is, you know? The only thing that could prevent that would be if Malice had somehow stolen Magbot codes beforehand. If you said, and this is just an example, but something like 'Code Draken, Authorization ID 770381, Disperse and Evacuate With Inventory'? Well, they would have no choice but to obey your wishes, and I, left here all on my lonesome, I'd be forced to flee and contact the Channel 13 MagNews team to cover the event. Not for the extra viewers and exclusive footage, of course, but to alert the heroes and rouse the local security forces." Magtok shrugs helplessly. Sorry Brokenfang, but there's just nothing he can do to make this easy for you. He wishes it didn't have to be this way, but-

...Hey wait, where did all the armed Magbots go? Why are they putting all the valuables in boxes, and taking all those boxes to the back of the store?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

20. - Top - End - #1460

Lotus Gardens

It was certainly true what she had said, Cessie didn't think Jezebel has a god. Nor would she ever be as gods were something quite different to her. She had never considered the possibility of Jezebel praising her for that fact however. Just the idea of her being lonely on-top just made Jezebel all the more human rather than an actual god to the sorceress, which was a positive thing in this regard as she always seen her in that light. "Don't thank me too much Jezebel, I really looked down at you at the start." She admits, stopping eating the Baklava to focus completely on Jezebel and look her/him in the eyes. "I am no saint and for the longest time I viewed you very... negatively. I understand that you're used to this attitude and probably knew about it but I feel that I must admit that to you. I truly hated you after that night at the hotel. You made me cry." She speaks freely, not something she usually would admit but now it was all out.

"Of whom? Themselves of course." The bird squawks again which probably is some sort of laughter to it. "One does not serve, one aids. One does not kneel, one stands by. One does not praise, one discuss. We serve the light but the light also serve us. One commands it far more than it commands us. The light is only the sum of our own learned mistakes this lady should know. But it is known as the Burning Light if this lady is curious."

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

"I knew your feelings, and I don't blame you in the least." Jezebel admits before looking at the ground. "I'm just glad we can move past it. I'm sorry for what happened to you, but needless to say I wasn't myself."
    He says before shaking his head. "No, that's not right. I was myself. And that's what the problem was. And I can't promise that I won't resort to such tactics again. I...I'd do anything to protect this place." He explains before heading over to a bench to take a seat, leaning back to look at the darkening sky. "My people are always very important to me, Cessie. I can't take back what I did, and while I may feel regret for it particularly towards you, I'm not sure I would wish to change what happened. For better or worse, everything I've done has shaped this." At the end, he can't help but give a small laugh. "Not much of an apology, is it?"

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

[Alleyway]

"We're the Howling Commandos, licensed to uphold the law here," the gnoll woman says, presenting her license. "Wrikt, take a look at her. She's losing a lot of blood."

The male gnoll straps his flail to his belt and tries to roll up Kitty's clothes or otherwise get them out of the way so he can examine the source of the bleeding. His keen smell is also helpful in ascertaining the severity of the damage. He has a rudimentary first aid kit with him, which he'll use to try to stem the blood flow a little.
    Last edited by Morty; 2014-11-20 at 05:32 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

The woman nods and says, "I see. Well, then...I suppose I'd like to speak with a servant, then."

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Pack - Leaving Southside]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aric Kale View Post

He's looking for a path...easier traveling.
    He says, bouncing lightly with the girl in his arms.

Spook glances around nervously.
    As the lot of them shamble along the crumbling debris of Southside, where once stretched the influence of DART, a feeling might send the hair on their necks on end. An oppressive, unwavering feeling. Like they were being watched. Studied. Or...hunted.

An overwhelming sense of unease might fall on any aware of the danger here, as it builds and builds. It would feel almost as if whatever was causing the disturbance was bounding ever closer. Any with a superior sense of sight or smell would notice there's nothing around for about half a mile. Oddly, the eeriness does little to fade despite it all. Okami might even feel a pair of red glowering eyes flash in his mind.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

"It's that lowlife you need to be worried about not me," Dipsnig says, icily. "I'm just here to finish this transaction as soon as possible. Then I'll be out of your hair."

26. - Top - End - #1466

Lotus Gardens

"Maybe I can understand that, maybe." Cessie replies, trying to see Jezebel's group as her family. It still didn't quite fit though and she still couldn't really approve of how Jezebel had behaved that night. But bygones be bygones, there was a entirely new situation now so it probably wouldn't happen again at the very least. "But it doesn't really matter now anyway. So much has changed and perhaps it was wrong of me to even bring it up again. I just felt we should try to be honest with each other now after all that deceit at the start. Would that be possible for you? If we really are going to attempt to be friends I mean. I barely know you yet after all."

The bird squawks once again. "Then this lady has already done so, so she could leave right away." But then his tone becomes more apologetic. "But this one is sorry, it did not mean to offend this lady. Does she like to speak with Argos or perhaps someone with less riddles, hm?" With one of it's wings it gestures into the citadel-temple itself.

The priestess scoffs. "Very well, but we'll be watching you so don't do anything you'll regret. Either of you." She looks each of them them in the eye. "If you start a fight or cause any trouble to the people here, you will be dealing with more than just me." She makes a gestures at the flames lit all over the hall before returning to her duties.
    She and the other in the clergy do seem to be staring at them occasionally however, even if this meeting was supposed to be non-violent, it's certainly not private.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-11-19 at 02:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you, Priestess."
    Frost says with a slight nod towards her. "Your hospitality is certainly appreciated." With that over with, she gestures over to Krait. "As I said before, he's in good health. He's also unbound. Do you have the payment?"

Lotus Gardens

"As well as this has gone, I'm not sure we'll have to attempt anything at all."
    He points out with a smile. "And yes, I certainly am willing if you are." Jezebel promises, choosing to drop the past if Cessie is willing to do so. "If there's anything you wish to know of me, all you have to do is ask. My life is an open book now."

MagMart

"Hypothetically of course."
    Frost says, keeping the smile from her face as she holds a bare arm in front of her and uses her nail to cut several gashes into herself without flinching. "You'd certainly have given me a run for my money, but somewhere along the line my reinforcements started to arrive and you had to disengage." She adds to the story.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

The woman nods and says, "Indeed," then, taking the gesture as an invitation, walks into the temple. When she does, though, a keen watcher will notice her eyes lose focus as she loses the ability to see.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Firbolg in the Playground

[The Pack - Leaving Southside]

"What's wrong?"
    Atsuko pulls her wings closer around her, whimpering slightly.
    The child has felt nothing like this faceless uneasiness before. Where is it all coming from? Who's there?

((Down with posting order! If I haven't replied for a while, unless you're acting at my things directly, go ahead and skip me. Even if you have, I might be able to catch it up next post. I am a noncombatant who is detailing the scene, not a major participant. Don't let me hold you back.))
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Halfling in the Playground

The Pack -Leaving Southside

)(Sounds like a plan.)(

I do not know, little one...but it's not close by...yet.
    When Trace returns to the group, Okami decides not to split the pack anymore, at least until the dark presence has passed.

The hair on the back of his neck stiffens and he suppresses a growl. Instead, he pulls his brown, fur-lined trenchcoat around himself and the child in his arms.
    She would stay safe.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show