New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Townie: WW is Magic (game start on page 3)

Yay! Someone who is analyzing things with me.

Sorry for the delayed response Random, I used the lull after my post to look at other games.

Will give you a proper response in a sec.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Pizza, what do you mean by "I'm wolfing this time"? Also you are a terrible analyst a nobody should trust you as you have misinformed people. I've done two RP posts. (Also what did that anagram stand for and what do all the numbers you're using represent?)

As for Saposhiente, I actually don't appreciate what he's been doing. Aside from the heavy handed sarcasm/mockery (sorry if I read this wrong), we shouldn't be intentionally creating drama. Especially if you're not part of the game. And any claim on your part to be doing things for the benefit of town rings as false since as an autolynch replacement you could just as easily (if somewhat less likely) wind up replacing a wolf. At best this is unthinking unproductive behavior, at worst it's intentional drama creation for the sake of enjoying watching the world burn. (Is there a specific term for this kind of thing? Troll's definition by my standards doesn't seem to quite fit there.)

@Random Person: *gives annoyed look* I don't appreciate that for multiple reasons. Aside from just not wanting to be lynched (as I've already expressed and explained why), it also forces me into the position of having to throw my vote over to Murska to avoid getting lynched. Which I don't want to do as Murska and I both share "people lynch us early all the time" and my throwing a vote on him day 1 feels like encouraging people to do the same to me.
    Edit 3: In fact, can we not lynch Murska or me? How about we go for someone who doesn't get lynched early all the time for a change of pace?

Back to Pizza. I don't see how you can agree with Zar Peter's logic that people should be lynched for trying to roleplay. Certainly we shouldn't avoid lynching people because they are roleplaying if there's a good reason to go after them. But a day 1 vote against someone, retaliatory or not, is not a good reason and claiming it is stinks of wolfishness to me. All things being equal, in a game that's set up for potential roleplaying, we should let the people who want to roleplay continue to play in my opinion (and that has always been my opinion even in games where I'm not roleplaying). And it doesn't get any more equal than day 1. Additionally, I asked for him not to vote for me. While nobody is by any means obligated to listen to such a request, I can't see the logic in saying such requests should categorically be denied.

Edit: I'll also add the my past impression of Zar Peter matches with Banjo's statement. Which makes his behavior here even more suspect to me.
    Edit 2: Then again I really could just be misunderstanding his intentions. Still calling it like I see it and apologizing if I'm wrong makes more sense to me than just saying nothing.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-05-22 at 03:56 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    @Random Person: *gives annoyed look* I don't appreciate that for multiple reasons. Aside from just not wanting to be lynched (as I've already expressed and explained why), it also forces me into the position of having to throw my vote over to Murska to avoid getting lynched. Which I don't want to do as Murska and I both share "people lynch us early all the time" and my throwing a vote on him day 1 feels like encouraging people to do the same to me.
    Well... okay, I'm sorry about that. You were completely arbitrary - I could also have gone for Emerald Rose, but honestly, of the two you feel slightly wolfier to me. I'm here trying to kill wolves.

Back to Pizza. I don't see how you can agree with Zar Peter's logic that people should be lynched for trying to roleplay. Certainly we shouldn't avoid lynching people because they are roleplaying if there's a good reason to go after them. But a day 1 vote against someone, retaliatory or not, is not a good reason and claiming it is stinks of wolfishness to me. All things being equal, in a game that's set up for potential roleplaying, we should let the people who want to roleplay continue to play in my opinion (and that has always been my opinion even in games where I'm not roleplaying). And it doesn't get any more equal than day 1. Additionally, I asked for him not to vote for me. While nobody is by any means obligated to listen to such a request, I can't see the logic in saying such requests should categorically be denied.

Edit: I'll also add the my past impression of Zar Peter matches with Banjo's statement. Which makes his behavior here even more suspect to me.
    ...okay, hang on, what? Zar Peter said people should be lynched for trying to roleplay? That's news to me. Zar Peter said that people shouldn't not be lynched for trying to roleplay, and decided to vote for you because he didn't like your retaliation vote - particularly since it was yet another new nomination, when we already had so many. I'll agree tentatively with you that, all things being equal, the RPers might as well survive - but all things aren't equal from the moment the first vote is cast. As to 'I asked for him not to vote for me', I can't see the logic in ever paying such a request any mind from a mechanical perspective, so it goes back on the 'all things being equal' pile - and again, all things never are.
    As to your impressions, again, Zar seems to have reasons for what he's doing, to me at least, which changes the read of the situation enough that I disagree with your read of his behaviour because I disagree with your read of its nature.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

(( Bloody hell guys, please be excellent to one and another and stop bickering. Where's the friendship in all this? ))
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    (( Bloody hell guys, please be excellent to one and another and stop bickering. Where's the friendship in all this? ))
    ...a noble sentiment and fair assessment. I'm sorry, friends, if I came off sounding harsh. I do, however, stand by my sentiments.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pizza, what do you mean by "I'm wolfing this time"?
    Eventually someone lynches me for saying such things, and then you take a look at the people who did so, because wolves like to make votes that come with pre-packaged reasoning. It creates less work for them.

Also you are a terrible analyst
    You make me sad.

(Also what did that anagram stand for and what do all the numbers you're using represent?)
    What anagram?

Spoiler
    Show
    As for Saposhiente, I actually don't appreciate what he's been doing. Aside from the heavy handed sarcasm/mockery (sorry if I read this wrong), we shouldn't be intentionally creating drama. Especially if you're not part of the game. And any claim on your part to be doing things for the benefit of town rings as false since as an autolynch replacement you could just as easily (if somewhat less likely) wind up replacing a wolf. At best this is unthinking unproductive behavior, at worst it's intentional drama creation for the sake of enjoying watching the world burn. (Is there a specific term for this kind of thing? Troll's definition by my standards doesn't seem to quite fit there.)

Since he's not playing, I'm just going to skip this part.

I could comment here, as I typically do even when its not directed at me, but I get the feeling like our play styles are divergent enough that you wouldn't appreciate it, so I'll abstain.

Back to Pizza. I don't see how you can agree with Zar Peter's logic that people should be lynched for trying to roleplay.
    I believe you're twisting what he said. Let me go back and check, but I'm almost 100 percent certain that wasn't the point he was making at all.

I'm going to need us to at least agree on a single universe that we inhabit, otherwise I won't know how to be a villager with you.

There's other stuff you said and I will respond, but this is an important point.

Spoiler: other stuff, will return to address
    Show
    Certainly we shouldn't avoid lynching people because they are roleplaying if there's a good reason to go after them. But a day 1 vote against someone, retaliatory or not, is not a good reason and claiming it is stinks of wolfishness to me. All things being equal, in a game that's set up for potential roleplaying, we should let the people who want to roleplay continue to play in my opinion (and that has always been my opinion even in games where I'm not roleplaying). And it doesn't get any more equal than day 1. Additionally, I asked for him not to vote for me. While nobody is by any means obligated to listen to such a request, I can't see the logic in saying such requests should categorically be denied.
    Edit 2: Then again I really could just be misunderstanding his intentions. Still calling it like I see it and apologizing if I'm wrong makes more sense to me than just saying nothing.[/QUOTE]

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Lost somewhere between "no you don't get to roleplay" and "oh look, let's kill Murska or Ramsus early again!!!" ?

But seriously, if anyone wants to RP with me I'm still up for that.... while I have the chance.

Edit: @ Pizza: The terrible analyst part was a joke. That's what the face thing was for. To tell you it was a joke. Did you say that knowing it was a joke and think I am now not getting you were joking? Maybe I'm joking now? Who knows?

Oops @anagram. Wrong word. I meant that word I am forgetting that means a bunch of letters that stands where each letter represents a word. This is a brain fart on my part. Normally I can recall the word I'm looking for here.

I also did not mean to say Zar Peter was actually saying people should be lynched for RPing. That's just a fault in the way I express myself. I expect that people read my entire statements and not pick apart individual lines and break the flow of context of what I'm saying.
    Edit: Also it's right before I'm going to sleep right now, so please excuse minor mistakes when making analysis trying to find wolves on day 1 by picking apart people's statements.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-05-22 at 04:07 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    What anagram?
    Ah, here I can help. OMGUS, short for 'Oh my goodness/gosh/god/gods you suck', referring to a vote cast against someone for casting a vote at you. And the numbers are post numbers in the thread.

EDIT:
    Oops @anagram. Wrong word. I meant that word I am forgetting that means a bunch of letters that stands where each letter represents a word. This is a brain fart on my part. Normally I can recall the word I'm looking for here.

I also did not mean to say Zar Peter was actually saying people should be lynched for RPing. That's just a fault in the way I express myself. I expect that people read my entire statements and not pick apart individual lines and break the flow of context of what I'm saying.
    Acronym is the word you wanted, but somehow I knew what you meant, I guess?

As to picking apart your lines, I apologize, but I think what I said applies equally to the sense of what you said. Oh well. A fundamental difference of opinion, I fear.
    Last edited by Fortuna; 2014-05-22 at 04:10 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    ((OOC: I think I point at Ramsus because he was the first who retaliated a point.))

The astronomer wakes up. Ponies everywhere.

Oh my god, where am I here now? he asks before he uses his telescope to look around.
    Zar voted because you did an OMGUS vote.

I actually think that was the most villagery thing you did, because I'm literally insane and my brain doesn't work like normal people's brains, and I believe in the villagery power of OMGUS voting. I have used it to great advantage many times, for the villager side, and it is terrible when wolfing because it has the wolfy stigma.

At no point do I see Zar voting Ramsus because roleplayers must die.

Sorry, I try to play the game here, not reward roleplaying. It's nice and fine that you roleplay but to change my point I need more hard facts (or at least an other valid lynchee).
    Zar says roleplaying isn't a defense, and that he needs a different reason to change his vote.

Again, self-explanatory- he's not voting because roleplaying is bad.

It was a polite suggestion to, on Day 1 where we have no information of any kind, to not vote for me because I'm more interested in putting effort into this game in some way or another (RP, analysis, whatever) than other people who might not be. There's no reason to be rude about it. And now at least I have the first reason in the game so far to vote for someone. Zar Peter for being rude. Because barring a lack of other reasons to vote for anyone, that's the best we've got so far.
    And, to be clear, there's not a single thing Zar Peter said that was in any way rude.

I need us to both be very clear on this point, because you need to understand why I'm not following your thinking.

What did Zar peter say in the previous post that was rude? He was a downright gentlemen.

We need to agree on this universe for me to be able to proceed. If we can't, we're in for a rough round of villagers being unable to work with one another.

Ramsus, I don't think I was rude, I point at you because the reason I gave was the only reason I saw out of the bunch of votes that stood out. Not wanting to be pointed at because of roleplaying is something I don't support at all. For that my point stands and as long as you are alive and no other target is better I WILL point at you again. and again. Unless I'm lynched of course. Then my ghost will point at you. And laugh.
    I also think all of this was very clear.

Can you explain your thinking more? Did you misread his posts? What are you seeing that I'm not seeing?

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post
    Ah, here I can help. OMGUS, short for 'Oh my goodness/gosh/god/gods you suck', referring to a vote cast against someone for casting a vote at you. And the numbers are post numbers in the thread.
    Oh. That's an amazingly bad interpretation of what I was doing. I was more or less just saying hi to the guy in the form of a day 1 vote that would otherwise have no better target. I was in no way saying "You voted for me!? How dare you!?"

Edit: Pizza, I think we've found a difference between where you've done this before and this place. As far as I know, day 1 retaliatory points are as meaningless as any other day 1 point that doesn't state a serious reason for doing so. And as far as I'm aware, up until Zar Peter saying they thought this was a good reason to point at me, Zar Peter thought the same way.

I'd also like to make it clear that I never said roleplaying should be a defense against lynching. Just that I think that if there's no reason to go after those who are roleplaying that we shouldn't so roleplaying can happen. Because at the very least we know we're ruining that person's fun when we lynch them. Anyone else might be someone unhappy to get a villager role and may very well not care too much about dying day 1.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-05-22 at 04:14 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh. That's an amazingly bad interpretation of what I was doing. I was more or less just saying hi to the guy in the form of a day 1 vote that would otherwise have no better target. I was in no way saying "You voted for me!? How dare you!?"
    I believe the acronym has come to stand in for any retaliation vote, not just ones made in outrage.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Edit: @ Pizza: The terrible analyst part was a joke. That's what the face thing was for. To tell you it was a joke. Did you say that knowing it was a joke and think I am now not getting you were joking? Maybe I'm joking now? Who knows?
    I am still getting to know you, so I need to recalibrate my sense of humor... uh... sensors to fit a Ramsus profile.

It's kind of difficult for wildly different personalities with different frames of reference to get one another's humor, and it's tougher for them to work well together and trust one another.

I'm going to make an honest attempt, because I honestly don't care if we disagree about everything but the color of the clouds in the sky, I still value your contributions to the game and want to know more about you.

Acronym, yeah, Random person explained what OMGUS means- also, it doesn't literally mean "oh my god you suck" it is sort of an ancient shorthand for "I vote you because you voted me". Which in certain circles was just made into a silly "Her mer gerd, you suck! Accuse you back!" etc.

It's not meant seriously, except as the stated reason for voting someone: "You voted me", being the reason.

Edit: Also it's right before I'm going to sleep right now, so please excuse minor mistakes when making analysis trying to find wolves on day 1 by picking apart people's statements.
    Gah! But we were making progress....

We'll pick up again tomorrow, I got tons more free time than usual the next couple days.

I'm not giving up on you Ramsus, like it or not I have you down as villager, and we'll see if we can agree on the color of poop before the day ends.

I will give it a valiant effort!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the acronym has come to stand in for any retaliation vote, not just ones made in outrage.
    Indeed, the outrage is actually way, way beyond the norm at this point that it's just a standard practice.

OMGUS stands for any and all voting for the person who voted you first.

It kind of became a meme and took on a life of its own. It only vaguely resembles its original meaning now.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Gah! But we were making progress....

We'll pick up again tomorrow, I got tons more free time than usual the next couple days.

I'm not giving up on you Ramsus, like it or not I have you down as villager, and we'll see if we can agree on the color of poop before the day ends.

I will give it a valiant effort!!!!
    I'd just like to state for the record my amusement at your choice of metaphor, given the variety of shades available to poop.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I wasn't going to say anything, because I didn't want to affect the game, but I'm seeing some very antagonistic speech here, and I think I need to step in to make some comments and requests. It will take me a little while to formulate responses. You guy have written a lot and I'm not a very fast reader or writer.

A few simple things to start:

Acronym. (Ninja'd twice. See what I mean?)

@Saposhiente: As a non-player, you shouldn't be doing anything that could affect the game. Pointless RP or comments on the narration is fine, but commenting on the gameplay or making points isn't, even in jest. Sorry. I know you were trying to be funny and I appreciate that, but I'm asking you this to keep the game fair.
    Last edited by Disc Lorde; 2014-05-22 at 04:18 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

@Pizza:'m not really sure we're in as much disagreement as you seem to think. Which only makes it funnier to disagree about I suppose. Thank you for understanding I need to sleep. And uh... how would I not like you thinking I'm a villager when I clearly don't want to get lynched? It doesn't matter how you draw that conclusion for me right now as it means I'm less likely to wake up to having been lynched (or steamrolled so hard I'll be lynched even if I claimed seer-baner-deity of your choice).

@Murska: I hope you appreciate me refusing to vote for you day 1 even if it means I get lynched because I didn't. After seeing FC declare (pretty much correctly) that he needs to leave for a while just so being killed early repeatedly stops happening to him, I feel we should be doing something about such stuff as it seems to happen to us as well. And I guess right now this is what I got.

Edit: To be clear. Going to sleep now. In case people were confused by me saying I was going to sleep earlier and still posting. This all happened very fast.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-05-22 at 04:24 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Guh. I'm going to have to leave this for now and come back in the morning because I also need to go to bed and my brain is just too tired to formulate a response at the moment. Good night.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, you wanted my thoughts. Let's see what we have..
    I kind of got moderately-completely derailed by interacting with Ramsus. Now that I have a free moment, let me pick your brains more.

Spoiler so other people can just scroll past us.

I'm also going to not quote every word, and just address the most relevant stuff. If I missed something you want a response to just say so.

Spoiler: My reaction to Random Person's reaction to me
    Show
    I'm not seeing what's weird, here. I'm pretty sure Lex would do this as a villager anyway, or at least might, based on what I've seen of your interactions in the few games I've observed of late. As a wolf, of course, Lex wants you dead, and this is perfect cover for it - but as a wolf, you can always die N1.
    Not if I am baned, which I tend to be.

Also, if I get put into a lynch situation and am forced to claim my role (if any) that helps a wolf know how to deal with me. While I am not known to be a villager and ambiguous in role, I have less credibility, but the wolves don't know exactly what they need to do to counter me.

Given how I tend to occupy their thoughts (even on new forums, it seems) I do believe if Lex is wolfing here, she's got pizza on the brain. Which could provoke such a D1 vote.

Plus, if she is employing a vote-pizza policy across games, why is she not voting me in another game that I have been alive longer in? /rhetorical question

Something is different about this game and I want to know what.

I'd conclude that Lex not voting for you on no information is probably more suspicious, and in either case the read is close enough to null.
    Nyope, I don't concur.

Lex is acting differently here. I'm going to figure out why.

Maybe I have Lex on the brain from having to keep up my guess her actual alignment correctly perfect streak. Maybe I'm just that obsessed about being correct again.

Certainly not wolf-hunting, but as literally the first active post wolf-hunting is kind of hard to do - might as well get in your laughs and pokes before you need to start paying attention.
    Mmm.

I will grudgingly concur that you've got a point about.... her point.

Very well! I will take your opinion under advisement. There's stuff I don't know and that sort of stuff is generally contained in other people's brains.

Therefore it would be a fruitless exercise to pick your brain and walk away with absolutely nothing in my bucket that I wished to keep.

...that paragraph kind of got away from me, but my point is that your hunch confuses me, and I'd like to hear more about it.
    Careful what you wish for, I'll cogitate and speculate and post walls of stuff if you want to hear more.

Almost no one does, so be mindful.

Hmm. Elemental delays pointing... to point at someone who at the time has essentially no distinguishing features, besides pointing at LFMoG. If I had to guess, I'd say this reads informed, which is to say, either mason or wolf, but a) what the hell do I know, b) that's a pretty weak read, and c) even if I'm right, there's no indication on which. The fact that you don't mention this, pizza, strikes me as odd - care to explain why?
    Okay now this is jarring.

Why put mason and wolf in purple?

Please don't get me started with the conspiracy theories already. I just got pwned while speculating endlessly about Chessgeek being secretly both a Devil and a wolf and being wrong about both, and I included all kinds of fancy colors to articulate my wrong points.

If you're going to just leap out at me with bold and purple, you'd better not be just pulling stuff out of your butt to talk about.

I want to believe you're not claiming mason with Elemental, because there's just no reason to do so on day one. Not even for crazier than pizzaguy reasons.

So I'm going to ask you how in the world you're thinking Elemental being hesitant to vote (by only the strictest meaning of the word hesitant anyway) means he's a mason. If anything, he knows more about what's going on than your average villager, and would have fewer reasons to be hesitant.

Were you just spitballing?

You know, I shouldn't even ask. If there's villager stuff going on here, I don't need to poke at it.

If there isn't, someone will scry you and figure it out for me.

Pretty much, but that lean is about as weak as it gets. I think a better way to put it is that Murska is someone we want alive just now, to make things happen, because even if he's a wolf he's giving us analysis fodder, unlike everyone else.
    Better articulated than the way I said it.

Brevity is not a thing I learned.

Was this the game I was supposed to meat shield in? Did I seriously already forget I was going to meat shield?

So much for that plan.

Piles on the Duck wagon, which helps to kill things - but prefers to cement a wagon rather than start another. We won't have another wagon for a good few posts. I'm inclined to say I feel a little bad about this, intuitively - it is wagoning, so smuchmuch can claim to be helping to kill wolves, but it's not giving us much in the way of data. Not sure if that's a wolf read or just playstyle or just me being naive, though, so I'll just let it sit as iffy for the time being.
    Nah. I prefer people take a stand on things. He's out in front pushing wolf suspects and that leads to things like, dead wolves. Or looking bad for lynching villagers.

If you think he's weird I think you scry him at best. I feel more comfortable with smuch than you do, methinks. Smuch more comfortable.

Also, I'm going to make a humorous reference to his name until I get tired of it which may be never.

Mmm. Post 92 doesn't feel great, I agree - and this is yet another new lynch contender, which kind of compounds that. I'll agree with this.
    Okay. Then maybe I'm not nuts for thinking Fullbladder is full of...

All right, I think I've gotten over his handle now. Will drop the Fullbladder related jokes and just try to find another thing to have fun with.

I kind of liked his mermaid avatar, and this disturbs me greatly.

Bolded, italics, and underlined for emphasis.

Huzzah, our second bandwagon! I agree, this is probably the villageriest post so far, because now there are two wagons, which means more data than 'on the wagon or not' for analysis. Carry on, Chessgeek!
    Yep.

And a third wagon, with actual reasoning behind the second post! We are on fire, my friends, and our record for best villager post has been shattered before it had cooled.
    Zar does feel good, on the whole.

Now I am referencing Goldmember. My god, what's WRONG with me?

This enough for you?
    Delightful.

Now, if you're wolfing, I have been thoroughly entertained. But I do like that you're both challenging me, and making sense, and coming to some of the same conclusions I did.

Both? Three things? Four things? Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. I'll come in again...

And finally, a return to the pizzaguy analysis. My gut agrees with all his reads save the Ramsus lean - I'd call Ramsus overall neutral, and a shady kind of neutral that we could probably pretend were a wolf for the sake of argument if hard-pressed. But I think that's just a matter of stylistic and personality differences - I can see where his read comes from, and his other reads seem overall reasonably solid, if maybe a bit overstated.
    Okay, I'll take Ramsus as not villagery under advisement. Most of my D1 reads have been pretty decent so far, but I have pulled a couple boners.

Which is to say, no read on pizzaguy yet. Carry on, folks.
    You'll get a read on me at some point.

If I can't hard clear myself within a few rounds like I inexplicably managed to do the past couple villager games, then everyone and their mother will think I'm a wolf.

Unless I have evidence in my favor, all my talking leads to mistakes, and mistakes leads to votes. Then kaput. Not even you fine folks are immune to that. It's the curse of the Pizzaguy. Prove me wrong.

While I'm here, I may as well switch my vote to a wolf-killin' vote on Ramsus, to push a second wagon to three, and see what comes of that.

...so how'd I do?
    Just fine, until that Ramsus vote.

He's reacting, he's wiggling. It's too soon to whack him over the head with the oar. Let him flop around on the deck of the ship first. Maybe he's a dolphin and we throw him back. This metaphor just gets worse and worse, and I regret it already. Okay one more: He doesn't smell fishy to me.

Nope, still terrible.

*crumples up paper, throws it away*

OMG even the title of the spoiler is starting to eat itself. If we do this back and forth stuff again, I may need to just say "10: R's response to A's response to [goto 10]"

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

My responses in bold, because I'm sick of picking apart quotes.
    Spoiler: Reactionception
    Show
    I kind of got moderately-completely derailed by interacting with Ramsus. Now that I have a free moment, let me pick your brains more.

Spoiler so other people can just scroll past us.

I'm also going to not quote every word, and just address the most relevant stuff. If I missed something you want a response to just say so.

Spoiler: My reaction to Random Person's reaction to me
    Show

Not if I am baned, which I tend to be.

Also, if I get put into a lynch situation and am forced to claim my role (if any) that helps a wolf know how to deal with me. While I am not known to be a villager and ambiguous in role, I have less credibility, but the wolves don't know exactly what they need to do to counter me.

Given how I tend to occupy their thoughts (even on new forums, it seems) I do believe if Lex is wolfing here, she's got pizza on the brain. Which could provoke such a D1 vote.

Plus, if she is employing a vote-pizza policy across games, why is she not voting me in another game that I have been alive longer in? /rhetorical question

Something is different about this game and I want to know what.

Nyope, I don't concur.

Lex is acting differently here. I'm going to figure out why.

Maybe I have Lex on the brain from having to keep up my guess her actual alignment correctly perfect streak. Maybe I'm just that obsessed about being correct again.

Mmm.

I will grudgingly concur that you've got a point about.... her point.

Very well! I will take your opinion under advisement. There's stuff I don't know and that sort of stuff is generally contained in other people's brains.

Therefore it would be a fruitless exercise to pick your brain and walk away with absolutely nothing in my bucket that I wished to keep.

Careful what you wish for, I'll cogitate and speculate and post walls of stuff if you want to hear more.

Almost no one does, so be mindful.

Cogitation? Walls of stuff? Bring it on.

I kind of see what you're on about, but the timing here is just such that I can't call this grounds for a lean myself.

Okay now this is jarring.

Why put mason and wolf in purple?

Please don't get me started with the conspiracy theories already. I just got pwned while speculating endlessly about Chessgeek being secretly both a Devil and a wolf and being wrong about both, and I included all kinds of fancy colors to articulate my wrong points.

If you're going to just leap out at me with bold and purple, you'd better not be just pulling stuff out of your butt to talk about.

I want to believe you're not claiming mason with Elemental, because there's just no reason to do so on day one. Not even for crazier than pizzaguy reasons.

So I'm going to ask you how in the world you're thinking Elemental being hesitant to vote (by only the strictest meaning of the word hesitant anyway) means he's a mason. If anything, he knows more about what's going on than your average villager, and would have fewer reasons to be hesitant.

Were you just spitballing?

You know, I shouldn't even ask. If there's villager stuff going on here, I don't need to poke at it.

If there isn't, someone will scry you and figure it out for me.

Okay, so, my reasoning was thusly:

Elemental held back his vote. Why? Because he wanted further information, perhaps. What further information did he get? A couple of votes. What distinguishing feature has his eventual vote? A point at Lord Fullbladder. So...

...yeah, no, the logic breaks down there, doesn't it? Pointing at someone pointing at your buddy does almost nothing. I suppose it sets up for a possible wagon if your buddy turns around with an OMGUS, but that's a risky move right there - better to just start an unrelated wagon. Disregard me - my newness to the game is showing in that read.

Better articulated than the way I said it.

Brevity is not a thing I learned.

Was this the game I was supposed to meat shield in? Did I seriously already forget I was going to meat shield?

So much for that plan.

Nah. I prefer people take a stand on things. He's out in front pushing wolf suspects and that leads to things like, dead wolves. Or looking bad for lynching villagers.

If you think he's weird I think you scry him at best. I feel more comfortable with smuch than you do, methinks. Smuch more comfortable.

Also, I'm going to make a humorous reference to his name until I get tired of it which may be never.

Okay. Then maybe I'm not nuts for thinking Fullbladder is full of...

All right, I think I've gotten over his handle now. Will drop the Fullbladder related jokes and just try to find another thing to have fun with.

I kind of liked his mermaid avatar, and this disturbs me greatly.

Bolded, italics, and underlined for emphasis.

Yep.

Zar does feel good, on the whole.

Now I am referencing Goldmember. My god, what's WRONG with me?

Delightful.

Now, if you're wolfing, I have been thoroughly entertained. But I do like that you're both challenging me, and making sense, and coming to some of the same conclusions I did.

Both? Three things? Four things? Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. I'll come in again...

Okay, I'll take Ramsus as not villagery under advisement. Most of my D1 reads have been pretty decent so far, but I have pulled a couple boners.

You'll get a read on me at some point.

If I can't hard clear myself within a few rounds like I inexplicably managed to do the past couple villager games, then everyone and their mother will think I'm a wolf.

Unless I have evidence in my favor, all my talking leads to mistakes, and mistakes leads to votes. Then kaput. Not even you fine folks are immune to that. It's the curse of the Pizzaguy. Prove me wrong.

Just fine, until that Ramsus vote.

He's reacting, he's wiggling. It's too soon to whack him over the head with the oar. Let him flop around on the deck of the ship first. Maybe he's a dolphin and we throw him back. This metaphor just gets worse and worse, and I regret it already. Okay one more: He doesn't smell fishy to me.

Nope, still terrible.

*crumples up paper, throws it away*

Noted, and I'm switching off him. The lean is small enough, and the reaction feels honest enough, and above all I'm just not cold-hearted enough...

OMG even the title of the spoiler is starting to eat itself. If we do this back and forth stuff again, I may need to just say "10: R's response to A's response to [goto 10]"

Switching my vote to Emerald Rose. Same reasoning as Ramsus, essentially.
    Last edited by Fortuna; 2014-05-22 at 05:24 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

I believe the "Inception" reference has won the thread, actually.

Everyone pack it up and go home. I'm afraid Random_person already won, and there's nothing left to see here except some wolves killing villagers and vice-versa. Frankly, I'm just here for the jokes.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, I botched it.

1. I should have held it back for after 'Rerereaction'.
    2. I should have spelled it 'Reactinception'.

EDIT: Hmm. Reading back over analysis, I note that Lord Fullbladder - who we both have down as dodgy already - cast his arbitrary new-nomination vote at one of the two people who, at that point in the game, had voted on a wagon. Just another datum.
    Last edited by Fortuna; 2014-05-22 at 06:09 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Duck. Who are you, and why?
    I'm a magical pony, flying through the sky......
    To equestria and beyond!
    Murska-I am your pony.
    Uhhh, wrong line? ...Oh.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    ((Unimpressed by both Chessgeek's and Aric Kale's votes. Aric's is a cheap shot at Murska, a too easy throwaway first day point to make. Chessgeek's is supposedly random, with no RP or attempt to rationalise it.
    Eh, I was throwing a second vote on someone. Beyond that there wasn't much, but D1 I don't think that's a bad reason to vote for someone.

I agree with the sentiments that multiple people have expresses that Ramsus - Zar is villager vs villager. Ramsus's reaction seems to be truthful, and I doubt Zar would allow himself to be antagonized so as a wolf on D1.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chessgeek View Post
    and I doubt Zar would allow himself to be antagonized so as a wolf on D1.
    I don't follow.

In what way would he be able to stop himself from being antagonized, if he's a wolf?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

Well I'm just saying that saying something about how role playing isn't a defense gets more attention than necessary for a wolf D1. If he were a wolf I would expect that he would probably not respond to Ramsus so as to draw less attention.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't believe every werewolf cowers in fear at the thought of getting attention.

I got the same conclusion you did, I just used a different and IMO more plausible route to get there than you did.

I think the way Ramsus was responding to him, Zar is almost forced to respond. Ignoring him would be worse.

But that's the way my odd brain thinks.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

My responses in bold, because I'm sick of picking apart quotes.

Switching my vote to Emerald Rose. Same reasoning as Ramsus, essentially.
    ((Which was what exactly? Your reasoning was the same as that of Ramsus or your reason for pointing at me is the same as your reason for pointing at Ramsus? I will admit to scrolling thru most of the midnight ramblings, but I would prefer not to die day 1. Day 1 points are a mess. It's part of the game as we start to feel out where people are going. Bandwagonning on Day 1 is useless except as a means to actually get thru Day 1. Now I am forced to change my Day 1 joke point in an effort to stick around one more day. Fine. Since clearly leaving a joke point will just get me killed, I will switch to Duck. ))

The Pony in Green seems momentarily vexed at being out in the open as opposed to inside somewhere (a shop seems to be missing), but quickly takes it in stride and trots out to meet the other ponies.

((Oh yes...you are in for it. I am going to put as many puns in this game as possible. Oh man...I need more coffee quick to make up pony puns!))

Greetings My Small Horse friends! I have just arrived in your greener pastures, because frankly the ones near my home field were getting too dry. Will you be my new neigh-bors?

((EDIT- please excuse the excessive OOC stuff, I really have not had enough coffee to be coherent yet. My irritation levels are generally inversely proportionate to my caffeine levels. I will simply have to stable further posting until after the coffee.))
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2014-05-22 at 03:57 PM.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

It sort of depends on the player. If you (or someone else who had a very active play style) didn't respond to a post addressed to you/them, it would raise eyebrows. For Zar, I doubt anyone would pay any mind to it, he just isn't that active generally.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm working... that's a whole lot of text and I didn't read all yet.

Just for clarification: I did not, not even in the slightest, point at Ramsus because of roleplaying. I pointed at him because he retaliated a point and that was the only thing remarkable in the first posts for me. His reaction on my point was something I don't understand and don't support. I don't spare people because of roleplaying.

I concur with Pizza that Ramsus doesn't seem very wolfy to me but I don't have a better target (maybe there is one in the wall of text above me but I haven't had time to read yet and won't have some in the next 3 hours) so my point still stands.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Final response to Ramsus
    Show
    Aside from the heavy handed sarcasm/mockery (sorry if I read this wrong)
    Guilty as charged.
    I'm not saying that I'm doing this for the benefit of town, just humorously finding ways that Town could find a use for me. Giving Pizza a reason not to rat me out before the real fun starts.
    And most importantly, I'm not here to watch the world burn. I'm here because I find your attitude on roleplaying unjust, regardless of alignment, and I want to fight it for the sake of games everywhere.

And at the request of Disc Lorde, this will be my final post until I replace in. If you want to continue the conversation, send me a PM.
    And finally, if you were wondering where my roleplaying is, I already did the roleplaying. ;)
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2014-05-22 at 11:15 AM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Edit 3: In fact, can we not lynch Murska or me? How about we go for someone who doesn't get lynched early all the time for a change of pace?
    ((GUYS! WE CAN COMPROMISE AND KILL THEM BOTH!

Kidding, of course, in case someone missed the all caps sarcasm. Ramsus and Murska are excellent players, and if either (or both) of them is village we would benefit greatly from having them stick around for a while, and it's pretty unlikely that they would both be wolves.

As I'm not on the line, I will point at Haruki so that ER's joke point can stand.))

On this auspicious day, The Dread Pony Roberts dons his finest, largest, most magnificent hat. So large, in fact, that it doesn't fit through the doorway of his house. He raises his voice to address those outside. "Loyal ponies of Equestria, your captain requires your aid! We must build a bigger door for my house so that I can exit without removing my hat! Will you assist me in this glorious endeavor?"
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.