New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLVIII

Jace smiles and pulls a card from his bag, offering it to Trick. "Sure. Call me sometime if something comes up. If nothing else I'm good at blowing things up." he says. Zebes snickers at that. "Make that both of us."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sure thing," Trick says, and she'll produce her own business card while taking Jace's, "Wanna stay and chat a bit more? You're pretty interesting." Her tail flicks idly under the table. She's thinking thoughts. But what thoughts remains to be seen.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    If it's my drink choice you're disappointed about, I've not lived long enough to meet the legal drinking age here.
    Sophia comments, noting his disappointment.
    Anyways, the payment is [I think a large amount of reward money] and a small percent of the income produced by the mines.
    "Bah. Humans. The payment seems fine...yes, yes, consider me in." He was actually more interested to the fight itself than to the reward, but a substantial one never hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    Please allow me to offer my services His lips grow into an excited grin
    Allow me to hunt with you!
    Then Other person Sophia, afterrereadibg the contract, turns to him.
    Sorry, I'm afraid we have enough people. After reevaluating the prowess in combat, I've found that our current group is large enough for this quest.
    Wraal does so too. "Yes, human. Everyone knows a Krogan is worth ten of any other race's soldiers." He grunts again, but this time it seems a grunt of satisfaction...well, probably. Krogans aren't certainly the most expressive of creatures. He then proceeds to drink in one go the supposedly 'strongest thing this tavern has', grumbling something about humans' lack of redundand organs.
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2014-06-05 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Forgot a quote
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace takes the card. "Of course. I couldn't really say no, after I said moments ago that I never have anything scheduled." he says with a small smile.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

((I'm not the only one to have trouble with names.))

Bramble is drinking hot chocolate, and listening. "If you don't like it, let me know. I can take them off with my key." Oh, so he does have something to add.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Trick nods, "So, if you don't mind my asking, could you tell me a bit about the world you come from? History, in particular different mystical traditions, have always fascinated me."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, I'm afraid we have enough people. After reevaluating the prowess in combat, I've found that our current group is large enough for this quest.
    There was a hesitant pause, then a forced smile creeps across his face. very well than he replies with a nod hurrying his way to the bar. These pleasantries, ways and rules of politeness were far beyond normal to him and were a taxing act to uphold, but none the less he did and to an extent very well.

After throwing down a drink he then throws more gold pieces at Nina than she knows what to do with.
    Pointing to Trick and Jace he says,
    that should cover everything they order, keep it the finest then his arm swings across the room until his finger is left pointing at Sophia, he leans in a whispers to the tiefling,
    and that one, well let's make her next drink a real special one, his cold cruel tone, malicious glare and evil smile, directed only to Tina, made his intent clear.

As the barmaid left not even a split second later his face and demeanour returned to that of a kind, proud, righteous soldier.
    He makes his way back to his original table and begins to pack up.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2014-06-05 at 09:45 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    There was a hesitant pause, then a forced smile creeps across his face. very well than he replies with a nod hurrying his way to the bar. These pleasantries, ways and rules of politeness were far beyond normal to him and were a taxing act to uphold, but none the less he did and to an extent very well.

After throwing down a drink he then throws more gold pieces at Nina than she knows what to do with.
    Pointing to Trick and Jace he says,
    that should cover everything they order, keep it the finest then his arm swings across the room until his finger is left pointing at Sophia, he leans in a whispers to the tiefling,
    and that one, well let's make her next drink a real special one, his cold cruel tone, malicious glare and evil smile, directed only to Tina, made his intent clear.

As the barmaid left not even a split second later his face and demeanour returned to that of a kind, proud, righteous soldier.
    He makes his way back to his original table and begins to pack up.
    Darsy eyes the man as he approaches the bar. She herself already has a couple of empty glasses in front of her. He seems a bit odd to her, but that's just fine.

When he goes back to the table, Darsy decides to stroll over to him.

Hey buddy. What ya up to?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

9. - Top - End - #279

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbolic sine View Post
    "Bah. Humans. The payment seems fine...yes, yes, consider me in." He was actually more interested to the fight itself than to the reward, but a substantial one never hurts.

Wraal does so too. "Yes, human. Everyone knows a Krogan is worth ten of any other race's soldiers." He grunts again, but this time it seems a grunt of satisfaction...well, probably. Krogans aren't certainly the most expressive of creatures. He then proceeds to drink in one go the supposedly 'strongest thing this tavern has', grumbling something about humans' lack of redundand organs.
    Sophia grins.
    And, as I said before, this should earn you a reputation deserving enough more than twice over to be a MERC member, and only the toughest jobs are for them.
    Sophia says, before ordering a glass of soda.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Darsy eyes the man as he approaches the bar. She herself already has a couple of empty glasses in front of her. He seems a bit odd to her, but that's just fine.

When he goes back to the table, Darsy decides to stroll over to him.

Hey buddy. What ya up to?
    For a second his eyes show a form of shock as he is unexpectedly greeted by Darsy, just as he slips his gold pouch away. He replies with a warm smile and semi bow
    why hello there, I'm just passing through, actually looking for a young Aasimar boy. I don't know much more about him other than he recently lost his parents and should have a knack for magic.
    As he speaks he sighs and concern furrows his brow.

it's a bit of a lost cause but I must try... I find drinking along the way helps he adds to the end with a soft chuckle in attempts to cheer the mood.

so young lady what brings you here? What is your story? he asks as his eyes subtly follow Sophia to the bar.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2014-06-05 at 11:20 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281

Darsy gives a small shrug. I like stopping by here to drink. And, sometimes, picking fights. I always go outside for the fight, though. Don't wanna bust up this place. That'd be mean. She gives a big grin.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

With a soft chuckle he looks over the girl,
    and how do you hold yourself in a fight?he asks in a friendly mocking tone.
    I don't see many children around for you to pick on
    Amongst his smile and playful eyes there is a slither of serious insult hidden by the friendly banter

13. - Top - End - #283

Darsy responds with a wide, toothy grin, as well as a certain light in her eyes.

How bout we step outside and I can show you, little man?

If he can sense such things, energy is starting to build around her now.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Pausing and contemplating for a moment he decides on the correct answer.

Ha, I'm sorry but I don't have time for your games but you are a brave girl, I would hate to hurt you, just how old are you?

15. - Top - End - #285

Darsy raises an eyebrow.

Old enough to beat a pansy like you into a pulp.

What happened? You wanna see how I fight, right? Best way is to get right into it. Come on. Let's go. I won't hurt you too bad.

She gives a wide grin. Confident little thing, isn't she?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

This optimistic attitude dug into a nerve, reminding him of stories of the boy he was looking for.
    He could imagine the two getting along and brawling but it wasn't his style to fight for fun. It also wasn't his style to turn down an insult. However he knew badly injuring this girl would grant him no favours.

alright, the tree line behind the tavern. Give me a moment to stretch these tired bones, and uh, relieve myself of this ale, then we can play your little games.

17. - Top - End - #287

Drasy grins wide and pats him on the shoulder.

Alright! Sounds like fun!

Then her expression goes serious for a moment.

No killing each other, got it? Just for fun, man.

Then her grin returns and she goes to slap him on the back.

I'll meet ya out there, man!

And at that, she'll rush out the door.

((Outside thread? I'll post first.))

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Sophia grins.
    And, as I said before, this should earn you a reputation deserving enough more than twice over to be a MERC member, and only the toughest jobs are for them.
    Sophia says, before ordering a glass of soda.
    Wraal nods, grunting approvingly at the 'toughest jobs' part. "So, since the team is complete...when do we start? Do you still intend to wait the end of the week?" He then orders another tankard of the 'strongest thing'.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

19. - Top - End - #289

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    ((Yeah, I noticed that. Small freaking world, even in the Nexus, huh? For continuity's sake, let's assume that his scene takes place either before or after Leo and Mr. C are there, shall we?))

"We'll just play it by ear. One way or another, we'll get going to find your friend." Leo soon notices the pair of tires waiting for him and approaches them. "Sorry to keep you waiting," he apologizes. "Time to get going, but I've got a request first...I'm guessing we could hit some high speeds, and I don't want my friend here getting blown away. Is there any chance you could build your, er..."body" to provide him some comfort along the way?"

Responding to their new owner's cue, the shadow wheels arranged themselves and materialized the body of their true form. The illustrated difference was a small cage-like contraption near its head, just behind the steering column. A small gate, which could be opened or secured from either side, allowed entrance into the tiny roll cage, which was just big enough to comfortably fit a certain stuffed animal-sized passenger. "Hmmm...I like it," Leo comments. "It's simple enough, and it should be close enough to the frame that the aerodynamics should keep the wind from whipping you in the face too much. Maybe we could put some glass or something over the front later...What do you think, Mr. C? Will this suffice for now?"
    "Well, I didn't imagine that. I was thinking of something else, but I can give it a try. Even tought I fear it won't be very pleasent." Mr c replies.
    Well having a small cage might protect him, but still he will get thrown around when the bike get's through the curvs, right?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, sure. Would you mind being a bit more specific, though? A world's history of magic is a rather broad topic." says Jace with a laugh.

---

Krayger nods to the two humans. "Thank you both. It was nice meeting you; I'll keep in touch." Krayger says, getting up. He should get some sleep; he has a job to do tomorrow. If there aren't any objections he'll take his leave.

21. - Top - End - #291

[=> Mirror-themed Dungeon]

Harley sits up. She remembered something.

She reaches into her pocket...yes. It's there. It's still there. A map she was given by that creepy woman. There's always interesting stuff at the end of maps, and this one looks like it goes to a mansion. Probably an abandoned one, if the age of the map gives any indication. Could have something useful there. Maybe even a sword.

She goes off to one of the corners and does her best to look like a quest-giver. One of those mysterious ones. If people assume she's a mysterious old man or something like that, they won't look too closely at her face to recognize it.

"Hey, everyone," she says, "I found a map to a dungeon, and it's really cool. You all should come, because the world needs people like you, and...stuff." Shoot. That's a poor imitation of an NPC.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #292

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbolic sine View Post
    Wraal nods, grunting approvingly at the 'toughest jobs' part. "So, since the team is complete...when do we start? Do you still intend to wait the end of the week?" He then orders another tankard of the 'strongest thing'.
    "Tomorrow"
    sophiareplies, sipping her drink.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

23. - Top - End - #293

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    [=> Mirror-themed Dungeon]

Harley sits up. She remembered something.

She reaches into her pocket...yes. It's there. It's still there. A map she was given by that creepy woman. There's always interesting stuff at the end of maps, and this one looks like it goes to a mansion. Probably an abandoned one, if the age of the map gives any indication. Could have something useful there. Maybe even a sword.

She goes off to one of the corners and does her best to look like a quest-giver. One of those mysterious ones. If people assume she's a mysterious old man or something like that, they won't look too closely at her face to recognize it.

"Hey, everyone," she says, "I found a map to a dungeon, and it's really cool. You all should come, because the world needs people like you, and...stuff." Shoot. That's a poor imitation of an NPC.
    Through the amazing miracle of plot cloning, Darsy is still seated at the bar when Harley makes her proclamation. Darsy grins, downs a shot, and walks over to her.

Ya know what might work better? Telling people they get to punch monsters in the face. That'd get me to go. She gives Harley a grin.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Having shown no real interest in following Darsy out when she left, he also fails to notice her clone. He stands tall with his black helm under one arm and yawns loudly as he walks back to the bar,

Instead of asking he tells them he will be taking a room and puts in an order for a supply of booze to be brought up and some soap.

Watching as Sophia takes a sip of her drink as much as he would like to hang around and watch, he decides it would be best to move on and heads up stairs wondering just how devilish that tiefling barmaid may be.
    As he reaches his room thinking of tieflings he grows concerned about the one with an imp, the investigator, he didn't like nosey people, she could ruin things for him.

Problem for another day.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Master Narrator
    Guest in the Playground

A glowing circle appears in an empty corner. It's packed full of runes that seem to move of their own accord. It spins, faster and faster, until there's a bang, a flash of blackness, and a man appears where the circle used to be.

Standing up slowly, he surveys the room. He's tall, at least six foot five, and muscular, with deeply tanned skin. Pointed ears adorn his bald head, and black eyes with red slit pupils stare out from behind a pair of circular glasses that are positively drowning in runes. A well-kept black goatee furnishes his chin, and as he walks towards the bar with a black, high-necked longcoat fluttering behind him, combat boots thud against the floor with surprising heaviness for even someone his size. Black-gloved hands rest on the bar as he asks in a thunderously deep voice "Where am I? This is not the destination I intended."

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

An androgynous figure at the bar leans back and gives the newcomer a once over. "You know, no matter how many times I hear someone say that, it never gets old." They take a long drag off their e-cigarette and grin.

My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #297
    Master Narrator
    Guest in the Playground

He snorts. "Oh, excellent. A Drifter's Pocket. I hate those. What's this one called, then, and where can I go that will appreciate the talents of a Sigiller?

A glance around the room elicits an expression of mild distaste. As his head turns, gold earrings catch the light and reflect it at strange angles, a property of the Sigil-Strings imbued into them, workings of enhancement, translation and protection, made to improve hearing and stymie sonic attacks and vocal spell effects.

They also seem to have splinters of blood-flecked bone dangling from them.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

"Welcome to the Nexus. Sounds like you'll have a miserable stay," Jean says with a smirk. "I'm Jean, and since I have no idea what a Sigiller is, I'm afraid I can't help you."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #299
    Master Narrator
    Guest in the Playground

The man lets out a sigh. "For Father's sake... this is worse than last time."

He raises a finger in the air, and a rune forms in blood-red light, painful to look at. A moment later, a long flame is dancing in the same colour. Even at that small size, it exudes an oppressive heat and gives off an unsettling feeling. Those experienced in such things may recognise it as Hellfire, a cursed, soul-searing flame.

"A Sigiller is someone who uses Sigils. I believe their lesser forms are more widely known... runes, I think they're called?"

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

Jean happens to be very very versed in Hellfire, and not at all negatively affected. In fact, Jean is a shapeshifted devil, which explains a bit about why they're being such a jerk.

"Runes? Like alphabets?"
    Jean says. Jean is also not terribly well educated.

"Turn that thing off!" the gnome bartender says, visibly flinching from the sigil. "Do you want to burn the place down?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs