New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: The 8 Guilds of Xil

"Well as for me, I've told you of my abilities and the places I've traveled. For the rest, I enjoy simple pleasures -- quality tea, a good conversation or exciting tale, a vigorous spar, quiet time outdoors, and a close game of cyvasse or go."
    Last edited by Caligstro Smith; 2014-05-22 at 04:29 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Torma, Ioriston
    Show
    A flash of excitement lights Qailee's eyes as she challenges Torma.
    "I'll beat you in Go anytime." Her voice comes out confident, very different from her usual demeanor.

Harnor looks at Torma
    "Watch out, she's really good..."
    (Currently afk halfway across the country.)

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Spoiler: Arrow
    Show
    "Tonight, returned to you at your room. Tomorrow morning, you return here and we give you your symbol and blade."
    Arrow nods, then pauses. "I ... er, I don' stay indoors. Don' feel right. Set up over yonder. Holler when y' come; I kin' be jumpy a'times." His rough voice is apologetic.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Arrow
    Show

The elf looks mildly annoyed at Arrow. He hands him back his ticket.
    "We take you, I just return ticket now. Meet us back here tomorrow if you choose us over other guilds that return ticket."

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Arrow awkwardly takes the paper. "Oh ... erm, yeh. Arright then." Arrow gives a deeper nod, pulls up his hood, and shuffles off with his quiet, sideways lope.

6. - Top - End - #156

GnomeWizardGuy

"The truest enjoyment in go is in the challenge of other great minds," he replied to Harnor before turning back to Qailee, "I certainly look forward to meeting you at the board! Perhaps this evening, after I've made my other rounds of the guilds?"

*Torma pauses for her reply; below assumes consent*

"And speaking of the other guilds, I fear I must take my leave now if I am to still visit the rest before the day is over. Thank you again for this excellent tea! I will return after dinner for our game," Torma said with a small bow before rising to his feet and taking up his staff and pack.

*Assuming they say goodbye or other such, Torma pauses as they offer these and acknowledges them*

"Until then!" he said with yet another of his wide grins.

Torma made his way out of the shop before heading off towards Klanen.

The innkeeper seemed to think this next stop was one best avoided, but I will see Klanen myself.

7. - Top - End - #157

BardGuy

Spoiler: Fife, Serephina, Arrow
    Show
    "Boy, in the wilds, your god doesn't hear you. In the wilds, if you're caught by slavers, you'll die, not by your god, but by years of labor and torture in Chi. Screams won't even reach your god. She will not look down on you and ease your pain or smite you as you want."
    "Ah, but that is where you are wrong my friend! While I am not strong enough to be noticed now, I have full faith that when I become strong enough, one day my god will murder me! The reason that I want to be apart of your glorious organization, is that you are the best of the best. The military! The greatest service to the nation! What better way to make a difference and still achieve my goals?"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Ioriston pauses until Torma finishes, then begins. "I've told you what it is I do already, and I presume I don't have to explain what clairsentience is or its utility. Perhaps I should tell you my motivations for wanting to join Cherry Home, then?" Ioriston takes another sip from his tea. "I am not exactly what anyone would call...strong. The armor I wear might look nice, to someone who doesn't know why I wear it, or someone who doesn't notice that it isn't paired with a weapon. It's fine elven mithral, yes. But that's really all I can wear. I...can't carry much more. I don't wear mithral as a status symbol or anything so much as out of necessity. Throughout my whole life, I've been weak. And I've been treated as such. I had some psionic ability, so I honed it. It was really all I had, and I wanted to become more powerful using it." The elf puts down his teacup, as his psicrystal crawls out of his backpack. "So that leads me to my choice of guilds. There were two guilds in particular I felt that might suit me well: Millennium Sphinx and Cherry Home. The former, I wanted to join because they seemed powerful. Joining them would make a statement about myself - that I am not weak, that I am capable of being powerful, that I can make a name for myself. Cherry Home, on the other hand... it is percieved as weak, and I wish to join it to see why that perception exists, and to challenge that perception. I wish to know what true strength and power are."

Ioriston finishes his speech calmly, then takes a sip of his tea again, awaiting the reaction of the guild members.
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

Thanks to Madcrafter for the avatar!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Ashelyn looks a bit confused at Serephina
    "Sorry, it's just you asked about the usefulness of a rogue in our guild, I assumed you were one. Yes, actually, you understand that Minka has the highest mortality rate of any guild?"
    "Yes sorry my mistake, I didn't mean to get anything confused, Its easier to say a rogue because not many people understand what a Ninja is to a Rogue. We share the same talent's, just use them in different ways. As a Rogue would stealth using skill, and Ninja would combine skill with Ki energy, kind of like a wizard using magic per-say, and use the "Invisibility" spell just through our Ki energy. And other stuff we do the same like picking locks, scouting, etc." Serephina Looks up to Ashelyn like she could keep on talking about how different a Ninja is to a Rogue but cuts herself short of words and gets back to the task at hand. "I was not informed of that In-fact. May I be so bold as to ask why there is a high mortality rate in Minka compared to other guild's?"
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Torma, Chistara
    Show
    (Chistara see previous page)
    Before Torma leaves.
    "It will be a pleasure, it was nice meeting you."
    "Take care."
    "Good luck with the guild search!."

(FFwding travel to save time)
    Torma easily finds Klanen, as it would be impossible to miss the fireballs being shot into the air and the sound of very loud music. As Torma got close he could hear singing growing louder and finally he entered a crowded plaza. It seemed like every building in that plaza was a tavern and a banner was strung across the plaza that read. The area was fairly crowded, with dozens of individuals with the Klanen guild symbol as well as non-members. Everyone was dancing, singing, or drinking.

"Every tavern ever is happy to party hard with Klanen!"

The banner was clearly singed.

Several barrels of ale had been carried outside, and the singing could be heard more clearly.
    When you're feelin' sad and blue
    and you don't know what to do
    When it's just too much to take
    and your bills and rent are late
    No matter how bad things are
    you know that hope is never far
    There's a friend you can run to
    who'll be there to see you though!

It's BEER!
    Thought the question isn't clear
    THE ANSWER IS BEER!

Nearly immediately a dwarf carrying two ales bumps into Torma. He has a ruddy complexion, a majestic brown beard, but no hair on his head to match.
    "Bah, yer not a dwarf! Isk though, have a drink on ole Browter and come an celebrate wit us."
    He places an ale in Torma's hand.

Spoiler: Fife, Serephina
    Show
    The dwarf looks kinda angrily at Fife
    "And I suppose you want to give me your ticket boy?"

Ashelyn looks on knowingly as Serephina describes the difference between ninja's and rogues, as if it wasn't particularly new information to her. She doesn't speak until Serephina asks about the mortality rate.
    "Well, mostly it's because the area we're dealing with is a lot more dangerous. The wilds between us and Chi are just that, wild. And Chi is essentially next door, and any of their military members kill us on sight. Millennium Sphinx takes on as dangerous missions, but they tend to get more powerful members than us."

Spoiler: Ioriston
    Show
    Trinida looks back at Ioriston, her tone comes a bit angry. As she does so Qailee tenses up.
    "I apologize, all I asked was to know a little bit more about you, though I seemed to have offended you. I actually am not fully aware of what clairsentience is, nor have to told me you specialized in it until now."
    Harnor interrupts her, he's significantly more calm.
    "He told me outside, I know what it is. It would be exciting to have you, we've never had any psionic, let alone a seer, in Cherry Home before. There is more to power than how strong you are, and you seem like you're on the right track thinking about it. Power is also not the only important thing in life, it doesn't mean much if you don't have anything to have it for. I would gladly help you challenge the perception of Cherry Home being weak. I think you'll find yourself becoming very powerful in a short time, you certainly seem the sort, and I most certainly will help you with that." Harnor takes a bite out of his cherry pie.
    Sense Motive 18: Ioriston can tell that Trinida is not completely happy with what Harnor has just said, but she does put on a calmer demeanor.

"Qailee, bake me an apple pie when we get home, my bone marrow is going to become cherries at this rate."
    A much more relaxed Qailee replies.
    "You'll have to get the apples."
    "No problem."

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

11. - Top - End - #161

GnomeWizardGuy

Well, I was right. This certainly seems like the most fun guild... All that remains is to see if there's any substance behind this... this... convivial exterior. He grinned at the sight of so much revelry.

Torma accepts the mug with a nod, "No, I'm not, sorry to say... I just prefer this form to my own. What's the occasion? Just the festival?" He follows Browter off into the crowd.
    Last edited by Caligstro Smith; 2014-05-23 at 01:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Torma
    Show
    "O course my friend! Nothin is cause for celebration like new comrades and friends!"

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

13. - Top - End - #163

GnomeWizardGuy

"That is so! This new friend is Torma, a wandering bender and herbalist! And what can you tell me of Klanen and its members whom I might be joining on the morrow?"

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Klanen is da guild da most follows the founding qualities of Xil, though it na be filled with religious folk. We believe in freedom and havin a good time, it don matter how the job get done as long as its done. We're a bit rowdy now, so it would be hard ta intraduce ya ta everyone, but we can try if ya want. We do tend ta get in trouble with da major guilds and da government a wee bit, but is nat that big o' a deal."

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

"Clairsentience is to psionics what divination is to magic, more or less. It is the discipline in which I am focused. And I am not at all offended by your question, I merely...got somewhat long-winded in my explanation for my reasons for wanting to join Cherry Home. My apologies for not informing everyone at the table of my specialties first." Ioriston begins eating the pie that was in front of him. "Of course, pure power on its own is...quite useless. Why you have it and what you use it for are just as important, aren't they?"

Ioriston stares into his pie for a bit, taking a couple more bites, awaiting a response.
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    "I believe what you do with what you have, including power, is more important than the amount of power you have, so I'd say you're correct. Anyway, I must be going, I have something I have to do."
    Harnor gets up and begins to head out.
    "It was a pleasure to meet you, we are pretty lacking on any sort of divination in our guild."

"He's odd sometimes..."

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

[QUOTE=Oko and Qailee;17508871]
    Spoiler: Chistara
    Show
    "Well, apparently you already knew them! I'm sauce."
    "Mischief at your service!"
    You find yourself with another ale in your hand. Yet both of the two talking to you have new drinks as well. The they each put an arm around you and walk you into the crowd of singers and dancers. Another halfling woman joins you, also with the guild symbol, her blonde curly hair was as wild as it was long and reached down almost to the ground.
    "You've only got our guest one drink!"
    They reply in unison!
    "We've got her two!"
    "We've got her two!"

"Still two too few! Whats the name babe? Sing with us!"
    "So kiss me, I'm ****faced
    I'm soaked, I'm soiled and brown
    in the trousers, she kissed me
    And I only bought her one round"

(Perform check to join)

Chistara laughingly replies, "Sorry, dears, but my voice is nothing you'll be wanting to hear.I carry a tune about as well as a leaky bucket." She takes a swig of her ale appreciatively. "You all are certainly a friendly bunch! Tell me loves," Putting her arms around the two on either side of her she gives them a friendly squeeze. "Do you brawl and fight as hard as you party?"

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Chistara
    Show
    We brawl and fight harder than we party! They're practically one and the same! We could have a friendly brawl now you and I, in fact I insist! But it's up to you."
    "I myself am more of a lover than a fighterrrrr"
    Last edited by Oko and Qailee; 2014-05-24 at 12:02 AM.

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

19. - Top - End - #169

GnomeWizardGuy

"I've lived most my life on the road, going from town to town, mostly just to see what I could of the world; personal freedom is important to me as well. I've come looking to join a guild now because I'm looking for a bit more excitement and a change in my life that still gives the opportunity to see new things. If this," Torma gestures about him with the mug he'd been handed, "is any indication, I definitely think Klanen could offer that excitement!

It's okay if we don't try to make the rounds to meet everyone in this chaos, but maybe you could tell me who leads Klanen? And what sort of trouble do you tend to get into? My innkeeper tried warning me off you guys, but her complaints, while loud, were mostly about harmless stuff. Although she did say you'd hurt the owner of your lodgings?
    "

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    "Aye, we led by Avesti and Rasha, the two finest leaders any dwarf could have! Eh, ya, the bloke hurt himself playing chug and run! He okay now, nothing a small spellery coul'n fix. Meh, the Majer guilds be all whiney about minor property damage and tha like, but if'n none get seriously hurt, whassa problem?"

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

21. - Top - End - #171

GnomeWizardGuy

"If the damage is paid for and people get healed that's probably all okay then..." Torma looks around at the partying and mayhem, but of course can't see much, being so much shorter than the sea of legs around him.

"So, what do should I do if I'd like to apply for Klanen?"
    Last edited by Caligstro Smith; 2014-05-24 at 03:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172

BardGuy

Spoiler: Fife, Serephina
    Show
    The dwarf looks kinda angrily at Fife
    "And I suppose you want to give me your ticket boy?"
    "That would be my wish." Fife gives him the ticket. "Well, I'll be off now sir. Have a death free day!" Fife begins to walk off in search of his hotel room before he goes back to Cherry Home for more of a hang out.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    A voice comes from behind Torma.
    "Have a good time silly; Tell us a bit about yourself; Maybe some chug and run or start a fight with someone randomly to show off!"
    Behind him stood a short female gnome. Her face was wrinkly, her hair curly, and her eyes sparkly.
    "Niwa! At your service!"
    She holds two ales, one of which she holds up as if offering the Torma, the other she beings drinking.

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

24. - Top - End - #174

GnomeWizardGuy

"A fight, you say? It's been a while since I've had a good match! I'll fight you right here if you like, and tell a bit more about myself while we're at it!" Torma glances briefly at the gnome who's just arrived, "Ah, and nice to meet you Niwa!"

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Sense Motive - Assess Opponent: (1d20+5)[9]
    Initiative if he just accepts on the spot and starts the brawl: [roll]1d20+[/roll]

25. - Top - End - #175

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: Let's try that Initiative Roll again
    Show
    (1d20+3)[20]

Also: Can you edit a post to fix a roll w/o messing up rolls you've made in it?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    (you won initiative)
    "Aye, less go!"

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

27. - Top - End - #177

GnomeWizardGuy

Torma takes a 5-foot step back away from Bowter, twirling his staff around in a complicated form before swinging it straight up in front of him, and a huge column of wind rushes up from his square, launching him 30' into the air. He continues to twirl his staff, though this time in another pattern, and more air swirls rapidly around his body, stabilizing him, before the funnel of air dissipates. Torma remains hanging in the air supported by the strong winds that surround him.

Spoiler: The Breakdown of ^That
    Show
    5-Foot Step: Self-explanatory.
    Purpose: Need to be out of melee threatened range to use my next action and still be able to take 10 on my bending check for it. It has a meditation component to its use, which means that if I'm threatened in melee I can't take 10 on bending checks to use it.

Standard Action: Form 'Funnel' - a Basic Seed Form, DC 20. I choose to use 5 points of my potential augment pool to raise the length of the funnel to 30' from 20'. Because I am not threatened I may take 10 on my bending check, which gives me a Bending Check (BC) of 29. Augment pool = 9, 5 of which is spent on increasing range; rest unspent.

Free Action: I choose to have the funnel fire at low pressure, eliminating the damage and bull rush components and simply pushing me (a willing target) to the end of its length (30' straight up).

Note: I'd explain what funnel normally does, but I'm going to use it the normal way next round anyway, so I'll just explain then.

Move Action: Form 'Levitation' - a Basic Seed Form, DC 15. I choose to use 10 points from my potential augment pool to quicken the formation of this seed from a Standard Action to a Move Action. I take 10 on my BC for a 29 again, Augment Pool = 14, 10 of which is spent quickening its formation by 1 step; rest unspent.

Note: Levitation gives me a fly speed of 0' (Perfect), allowing me to move 5' as a full round action. I may use points from my augment pool to increase my fly speed by 5' for every 3 points I spend from my Augment Pool. I may maintain it as a free action, which just means that at the start of my next turn I can keep the effect going as a free action instead of forming it again each round. I must make another bending check to maintain it, but I may spend points from my Augment Pool differently with this new check.

Free Action: Funnel would normally last until the start of my next action, and I could also choose to maintain it when that time came, but I simply allow it to be dismissed instead at the end of my turn.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

"I like him, though." Ioriston takes a few more bites of his pie, smiling. "And if everyone in your guild is as welcoming as you three have been, I'm certainly interested in joining."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Torma, Chistara
    Show

(Chistara see previous post about you)
    Chistara see's Torma once again, he is now in the air under a column of wind, she also sees a harpoon thrown at Torma.

"Aye ya tosser cowardly blasted hobbit, come down here and be a man!"
    He chugs his ale and draws a harpoon from his back as he steps towards Torma, he throws the harpoon at Torma. Unfortunately, he wasn't in his best state of mind, and the harpoon veers short of Torma. It goes past Torma and clonks another person on the head, but no harm was done.

Show
    "I would say so, some of us are a bit more or less eccentric, others a bit shyer than others, and in Harnors case, a bit more secretive. How much can you do divin- er, I mean clairsentience wise? I know that there are different kinds of divinations, revealing different information and different degrees of specificity, I assume it's similar with clairsentience."

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

30. - Top - End - #180

GnomeWizardGuy

"I'll be down again in just a moment!" Torma shouts back. He twirls his staff again, creating a new funnel, this time 10' directly above Browter, and directed straight down.

Spoiler: Effects of Funnel
    Show
    Browter must make a Reflex save DC 17. If he fails, he is subject to the below effect. If he succeeds, he moves 5' to an adjacent square not affected by the Funnel (so since it's straight down, any unoccupied adjacent square not directly above or below him). If there are no unoccupied spaces, his movement speed is 0', or the adjacent space is considered difficult terrain, he is prone in that space.

Spoiler: If He Fails the Reflex Save
    Show
    Bowter is subject to a bull rush. The effect is considered to be a creature of Medium size with a strengh modifier equal to my bender level (5):
    (1d20+5)[17]
    If he fails he is considered checked against movement in all directions because he is being pushed toward a solid surface by the funnel.

He also is subject to 6D6 nonlethal bludgeoning damage (base DC 20 deals 4d6, with 4 points of potential Augment Pool for an extra 1d6, spent twice. Taking 10 on BC gives 29, Augment Pool = 9, 8 spent for 2d6 damage augment, rest unspent)
    Damage: (6D6)[21]

Torma then flies/hovers 20' downward toward the ground (he is now 10' above the ground).

Note: I maintain my Levitation form by taking 10 on my BC for 29. Base DC 15, Augment Pool 14, 9 spent (3 points to increase my 0' base fly speed by 5', and do this 4 times); rest unspent. Maintaining this form is a free action.