New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1412
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Toy Story Mafia: [In Play]- NIGHT FIVE

ATTENTION PLAYERS

Game will resume sometime on Saturday, August 9th, which is tomorrow according to my calendar.

When the game resumes, we'll have a writeup, results of night actions, the beginning of a Day Phase, and the day phase will last longer than usual to give everyone enough advance warning that another Night Phase is approaching.

Thank you for your patience during my injury. Hopefully some of the other stalled games can restart soon HINT HINT WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE SAY NO MORE.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-08-08 at 01:19 AM.
    Fleeing Coward: "We're both agreed that Banjo and I should be the next 2 to die, why are you so desperate to lynch me over Banjo today?"
    Pizzaguy: "Because there is a void, an emptiness in my soul, from having killed poor Eldritch Knight. And I can fill that void with your corpse, and put my danged pizza back on my avatar."

Pizzaguy: "I'm gonna try and bane the folks you try to murder. It will be a fun game of cat and mouse."

Pizzaguy: "Mason, Baner, Seer, is not a coincidence."

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Visor
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: Toy Story Mafia: Back from hiatus 8/9

Well, I'm still here.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey-o. I'm here. And nobly resisting dropping a Judge Dredd joke set up by the previous comment

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm still around. And it's most fortunate that this news has come after I'm mostly recovered from injuring myself.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hmmm. Mmmm hmmm.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

6. - Top - End - #1386

Meow?
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

7. - Top - End - #1387

Aaaand back on hiatus, it seems....
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ettin in the Playground

I have no idea if this game ever plans to restart for reals. Just in case it does, I wanted to say...

I quit.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Yay only 8 days till 8/9.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait! Month 8 day 9, or month 9 day 8?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Game will resume sometime on Saturday, August 9th"

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    "Game will resume sometime on Saturday, August 9th"
    Thought I saw that. I PMed him because I saw he had been online. Please don't PM him more yet. We don't want to spam him.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

I saw that too but chose to ignore it. One can live in hope.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, since AtPG hasn't even been on the forum since posting that...a month ago...I have very little hope this is actually going to get started again. Which is too bad, it was fun...
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, looks like the game never got restarted. If it does I will need to be replaced, RL is kicking my butt right now. Sorry Pizza, maybe later on this year, after things settle down. As for everyone else, sorry also, I'm not one that usually backs out of a game I've signed up for, but it can't be helped this time. It was fun while it lasted, and it was nice meeting all of you new people. Until next time...
    Last edited by Diana Abnoba; 2014-09-09 at 12:37 PM.
    Sultry Mafia Babe
    Diana Abnoba- Goddess of the Hunt

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Toy Story Mafia: Closed

Yeah- the delay to bring the game back went on for too long and in the interim I lost people. I had already used up substitute players and the game would be imbalanced to continue onward with those roles lost. And real life continued to interfere with me coming back to host.

Anyone with access to the spoiler boards may spoil anyone who wants to be, anyone who wants to reveal their role PMs may do so- this game won't be returning, and I choose not to have substitute hosts finish what I cannot.

As such, and with the cancellation of my previous game as well, the writing is on the wall. One of the things that bugged me the most over the many years of playing mafia games were people who signed up and didn't play- or hosted games and then abandoned them. It's such a drag for everyone who signed up and put energy toward this wonderful thing, this game among friends who had once been strangers.

I can't be that guy. Now that I am, or real life has forced that upon me, the next step is clear. I had stepped down as the moderator of every section I moderated on every forum I had moderated on every website, and I had reduced my participation levels to the bare minimum, but my forum activity is too sporadic these days to allow for this type of activity.

I obviously cannot continue even at reduced levels of participation. I'm new to this forum but not to mafia, and it's been six years. As mentioned elsewhere, the one thing that had kept my interest was hanging out with all of you guys, new and old players alike. And you guys have been phenomenal. I won't be the guy that comes up with interesting game designs and can't follow through, and I won't be the guy who signs up for games and then can't play them. As such, that means I have to take a bow and exit the stage. It will make room for the actors who can make the proper commitments.

Thanks to everyone, old and new, for making the past several years memorable. I can't remember half the stuff I need to remember in real life, but when it comes to mafia, I never forget a user name, and I never forget the fun we shared, the games we played. It's been an honor to spend this time with you, however long or short.

Remember game hosts- it's not fun unless it's realistic that any team can win, including serial killers. Balance is important.

Remember townies- it's a guessing game. And a game of diplomacy. Working as a team is important even if you aren't sure they're on your team. You can't win it by yourself no matter how you try. Have fun, show up, and guess.

Remember mafiosi- you're just there to have fun and make life difficult for the townies. The game is a forced loss if the town guesses correctly. Never give up, never surrender, but don't ever blame yourself if you lose. Congratulate the winners who earned it, and enjoy every moment of your unspeakable evil atrocities.

Thanks everyone. Sorry for being unable to finish up.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ogre in the Playground

Awww...Pizza, it was a fun game! Don't worry about having to stop, life is always there to mess things up just when we think stuff is under control. If you decide to run again, or play again, the Playground will still be here.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a damn shame for those of us who weren't graced with your company for very long. I ardently hope the rest of life treats you better.

I'd love if anyone could link the spoiler here or pm me. The game was awesome while it lasted, and if it didn't finish, at least I can appreciate all the effort that went into the design, and possibly steal some ideas for a game later perhaps.

Farewel Pizza. You're always welcome to return, and either way, best wishes.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ogre in the Playground

Pizza! Why must you go? You added plenty of fun to the games here, and surely will be missed. But if it must be, goodbye.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ogre in the Playground

My role, which I was enjoying figuring out how to play out in thread:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy

Mister Potato Head

Player Name: EmeraldRose

One of Andy's Toys
    Antagonist Team

Role type: Godfather, Lover

• Immune to being broken.
    • Immune to being removed from play via Murder
    • Scry results against Mr. Potato Head are usually incapable of telling if he is an Antagonist or a threat. (Godfather)
    • You know that Mrs. Potato Head is a Protagonist
    • Mrs. Potato Head must never be Removed From Play (Lynched or Murdered) or you are also Removed From Play. (Modkilled) (Lover)
    • Mrs. Potato Head is Random_person

Biography:

Spoiler: Bio
    Show
    You're... Potato Head.
    -Actually, that's Mister Potato Head, to you!

As one of Andy's most beloved toys, and having once been Andy's favorite toy, you are known to all as being one of the good guys. But there's one small and very annoying problem, and it's been tearing you apart.... and his name is Woody.

Ever since Woody became Andy's new favorite toy, you've been forced to play the Antagonist. Always the bad guy, always the butt of every joke. Well, it's getting tiresome. The only thing that has kept you even a little bit sane is getting married to the love of your life, one Mrs. Potato Head. You love her more than anything.

So, you've concocted a little scheme to get rid of that pesky cowboy. You've decided to form an allegiance with some other devious types, to work towards a common goal.

For example, that insane dog next door, Scud, would certainly like to get his jaws on some chewable toys.

Lotso Huggin Bear would love to get rid of that tiresome cowboy as well, and reign supreme over the other toys.

His sidekick, the evil and all-seeing Monkey, would love to assist you in thwarting those upstart toys.

And let's not forget the chicken man.... Al McWhiggin, who intends to kidnap certain toys and add them to his permanent collection.

While you have no love for most of these villainous types, you know they can be useful. And if you're ever going to get your way, you've got to stop being a punching bag, always forced to roll over and play the defeated villain for that jerkish cowboy. It's time for Mister Potato Head to have his turn! It's time for Mr. Potato Head to get some respect!

You want your beloved wife to be safe from harm, and you'd like to see your buddy Hamm right there with you at the end. But ultimately, you cannot rest until you defeat that.... that.... cowboy. Once and for all.

Team Victory Conditions:

The Antagonist Team must achieve parity with the combined total of the remaining Protagonist Team members and any surviving Neutrals. In other words, if there are 3 Antagonists remaining, there can be a maximum of 3 Protagonists and Neutrals. If there are any Third Party members alive, they do not count for the purposes of parity, so there could be 3 Antagonists, 2 Protagonists, 1 Neutral, and 1 Third Party member, and you will have achieved Parity. (3 versus a total of 3, with 1 Third Party member not being counted for the purposes of Parity).

Neutrals may achieve victory with your team, and you do not have to eliminate them, but you would have to persuade them to vote against the Protagonists for them to stop being a threat to you.

Third Party members have their own victory condition which may or may not conflict with yours, but you do not have to eliminate them to achieve a full victory.

Special Powers:

Spoiler: Powers
    Show
    If that silly cowboy Woody were to take a good, hard look at you.... well, all he would be able to tell is that you're the same old Mister Potato Head that you always were. Even he can't tell what you're up to. Your Godfather powers prevent you from being caught by most kinds of investigations. However, if you were to get caught performing a murder, none of that would matter. So you may want to keep your gloved hands clean. It is also possible that a certain special investigation can penetrate your Godfather powers, so you are not 100% immune from investigation. Somewhere out there, is the Magic 8 Ball. This role cannot do anything special, except one thing: It has an investigatory power which only works on you.

You should also be aware that Mrs Potato Head means so very much to you, lover boy, that if she were to be permanently removed from play, you would lose all hope. And you would leave, immediately, to go look for her, thus removing yourself from play. That means it is vitally important that you do not harm Mrs. Potato Head, or allow your teammates to permanently remove her from play.

This can cause you problems down the line, especially since you cannot legally communicate with her outside of the game thread.

Other than your Godfather powers, you are an ordinary mafioso, and can perform the Murder if you so choose.

Secondary Goals:

Keeping Mrs. Potato Head alive also counts as fulfilling your secondary goal. If you die instead, and Mrs. Potato Head lives through the entire game, you can die a happy spud, since you fulfilled that goal.

But, you, lover boy, have two secondary goals. It is in fact possible for you to win the game if Hamm also survives the entire game.

If your team loses, but Mrs. Potato Head and Hamm both survive the game, you will achieve a victory comparable to what you would achieve if your team had won. These are your two closest companions, so if they both survive, that is the same as if the Antagonists had prevailed.

Keep in mind, if you were to betray your teammates in favor of these, your two closest companions, they could easily kill off either one in retaliation, causing you to easily lose. So unless you are in position to eliminate every single member of your own team, you are still in a position where you WILL lose the game if you betray your teammates in favor of Hamm and Mrs. Potato Head.

As a Lover, you can win the game if you and Mrs. Potato Head are the only two people left alive, which would be "scored" as fulfilling Three secondary goals, ranking you above all other players, bar none. This would accomplish your goal of causing an Antagonist Victory, but also achieve a Lovers victory between you and Mrs. Potato Head, which would allow her to win the game with you, despite being a Protagonist. You would still score better than her.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

22. - Top - End - #1402

And I really was a villager! *shakes fist*

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Ogre in the Playground

We know Sapo. I believed you the entire time. Well, except when I scryed you to confirm the bizarre double broken milque toast power.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

I usually like playing that role, ER. It's a little challenging, though (I think).

I was Bo Peep's Sheep (disconnected mason). I seem to have lost my PM. >.> Oops.
    My task was sorta to sit around and wait for Bo Peep to find me. Or the wolves.

I wonder if there was an Antagonist who could gather the sheep and use them or if the antagonists would just kill the sheep... (EDIT - Or something else entirely! Or nothing and I am just paranoid...)

It was nice playing with you AtPG. I hope life treats you well all the same.
    Despite its size, I quite enjoyed this one.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-09-29 at 02:02 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

It's a shame you have to go. You are a great player and an even better narrator. I learned a lot from your example and I hope life treats you better from now on so that one day we can see you back here.

26. - Top - End - #1406

Default Re: Toy Story Mafia: [In Play]- Game begins post 260

I was Bo Peep and tasked with finding all the sheep. Town role. I even tried to find my sheep brothers by putting sheep in my first post:

Quote Originally Posted by TFT View Post
    Saph is sounding entirely too reasonable. Lynch him!

His plan sounds reasonable, and I hope everyone realizes that. If this gets too big for someone to handle, better they have a partially informed opinion then uninformed one.

Err, my good friend Murska, you know my the fire on the tower set is just for show, right? I would never do such a thing.

It's early in day one, so I'll just put my vote on Aventine to start out with. No particularly strong reason.

Pretty much it for me for now, enjoy the game!

EDIT: I don't know how to make votes in red, apparently.

EDIT THE SECOND: I do know how to strike them out, though. Out of habit.
    Though it's definitely something that could have been missed with how the game went. Who else was a sheep?

Also, I'm sorry to hear you have to leave the mafia forums for now, ATPG.
    Last edited by TFT; 2014-09-29 at 03:12 AM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahh! I did not see that; I was so focused on other things.

I suppose my obsession with role playing zombies was not exactly helping either.

EDIT - Derp
    EDIT - Zombie sheep. ^^
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-09-29 at 03:20 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Role
    Show

RC

Player Name: Mangosta71

One of Andy's Toys
    Protagonist Team

Role type: Tracker

• You can follow someone at night and see where they go.

Biography:

Show
    Rex: "Hey, everyone, RC's trying to say something! What is it, boy?" (RC makes whirring motor sounds)
    Mr. Potato Head
    : "He's saying that this was no accident. I mean Humpty-Dumpty was pushed...by Woody!"

RC played a big part in the first Toy Story.

In the beginning of Toy Story, Andy was shown to love taking Woody for a spin on RC. Later, when Buzz Lightyear came along, Andy was given a choice to bring one toy to Pizza Planet. Knowing Andy's choice would obviously be Buzz, Woody wanted a way to ensure he would be Andy's choice instead. Inspired by the Magic 8-Ball that he accidentally hid behind the desk, Woody tried to do the same to Buzz by bumping him with RC. Seeing RC though, Buzz dodged him, bringing about a chain reaction that got him knocked out of the window instead. Mr. Potato Head later picked up RC's claims that Woody did this, and all the toys began to ambush Woody (RC prevents him from backing up), although they were forced to retreat once Andy came back.

At the end of the film, when Andy's family was moving, Woody and a reformed Buzz were trying to get onto the moving truck. Although Buzz made it on alright, Sid's dog Scud came running up and tried to pull Woody off. Buzz helped Woody by fighting Scud off, but now he was left behind. Looking for Andy's fastest toy in the boxes of toys in the moving truck, Woody quickly found RC. Dropping him off the truck to retrieve Buzz, the onlooking toys, especially Mr. Potato Head, thought he was trying to dispose another toy. Woody drove RC to Buzz, who was hiding under a car from Scud, and began to drive him back. He probably went back to being friends with Woody when he saw Buzz. Mr. Potato Head rallied a mob to lynch Woody by spinning him (which made RC spin as well), and Hamm jumping on him (which made RC jump, nearly losing Buzz). After Buzz lost Scud after a car accident blocked him off, the toys finally threw Woody from the truck, not believing he was saving Buzz. Woody was quickly picked up by RC, and Woody and Buzz began to catch up to the truck, putting RC on Turbo. While Mr. Potato Head and his friends celebrated, Lenny caught sight of Woody riding on RC with Buzz. Bo Peep used Lenny for clarification, and found out that "Woody was telling the truth", and the repentant toys tried to assist. After Rocky Gibraltar lowered the truck's ramp, Slinky tried to pull them aboard. Due to RC's depleting batteries, Slinky became stretched to his limit, no longer able to hold onto Woody, which causes him to rebound back into the truck. RC later came to a complete stop, and Buzz reminded Woody about the rocket attached to Buzz by Sid. After Woody lit the rocket, Buzz held onto Woody, who held onto RC, keeping them down to Earth thanks to RC's aerodynamics, as they went flying through traffic. Once they approached the truck, Woody managed to throw RC back inside, and into Mr. Potato Head as he and Buzz took off into the air, finally catching up with Andy inside his family minivan.

Team Victory Conditions:

At least one member of the Protagonist Team must outlive the Antagonist Team, and any other threats to the Protagonist team. Put another way, the Protagonists win when the Antagonists have been completely destroyed, as well as any Anti-Protagonists remaining thereafter.

Special Powers:

Tracker: Each night you can target a player and attempt to determine where they go at night. You might be able to catch someone in the act of.... murder.

Secondary Goals:

Follow Woody

Track Woody and see where he goes. You don't think he ever tried to hurt Buzz, but it doesn't hurt to check up on him and be sure.

and/or

Follow Buzz

Track Buzz Lightyear and see where he goes. Find out what it's like to be a Space Ranger by tracking one!

Do both of these goals, and you win regardless.

So, that's why I was RPing as a remote control toy. My tracker power gave me a very limited amount of information, but I couldn't very well share it given that this was a no-PM game. I did follow the various people that claimed to be Buzz, but I had no idea who Woody was yet.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Spoiler: Role
    Show

Special Powers:

Tracker: Each night you can target a player and attempt to determine where they go at night. You might be able to catch someone in the act of.... murder.

Secondary Goals:

Follow Woody

Track Woody and see where he goes. You don't think he ever tried to hurt Buzz, but it doesn't hurt to check up on him and be sure.

and/or

Follow Buzz

Track Buzz Lightyear and see where he goes. Find out what it's like to be a Space Ranger by tracking one!

Do both of these goals, and you win regardless.

So, that's why I was RPing as a remote control toy. My tracker power gave me a very limited amount of information, but I couldn't very well share it given that this was a no-PM game. I did follow the various people that claimed to be Buzz, but I had no idea who Woody was yet.
    Good stuff! Means i fulfilled BOTH my secondary goasl on the second day lol!

Spoiler: Lenny
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy

Lenny

Player Name: Sprig

One of Andy's Toys
    Protagonist Team

Role type: Watcher

• You can choose a target at night and see if anyone visits them. This ability doesn't fail unless you are roleblocked, because there is no one who is immune to being Watched in this game.

Biography:

Show
    Lenny is a pair of small, bright blue binoculars with orange feet. He is used as binoculars by the other toys in various situations and is talkative when he warns and reports the toys what he sees on his watch. Since Lenny doesn’t have a mouth, it is always assumed that he cannot talk. However, when a scene focuses on him, you can indeed hear his voice. Lenny also appears to walk very slowly since he is such a small toy. Although, Lenny is not a major character, he is probably one of the most notable supporting characters, as he is usually seen alongside many of the main toys, such as Woody, Bo Peep, Buzz, etc. It is shown in the first film that Lenny lives on Andy's bookshelf in behind some of his books.

One of the most important supporting characters, Lenny acts as the watchman for the Protagonist Team.

Team Victory Conditions:

At least one member of the Protagonist Team must outlive the Antagonist Team, and any other threats to the Protagonist team. Put another way, the Protagonists win when the Antagonists have been completely destroyed, as well as any Anti-Protagonists remaining thereafter.

Special Powers:

Each night, you choose a target to Watch. You will receive a true report detailing every visitor who visited the target, for whatever reason. You won't know the reason.

Secondary Goals:

Catch someone in the act!

If you catch an Antagonist murdering someone, this counts as a secondary goal! Even if the Protagonist team fails, you will succeed fairly well in doing this.

and/or:

"Woody's riding RC, and Buzz is with him!"

Successfully Watch any two of Woody, RC, or Buzz Lightyear.

(meaning, Watch someone, and catch Woody, RC, or Buzz Lightyear performing an action- NOT target Woody, RC, or Buzz)

You will not be informed if your goal has been achieved until after the game for meta-information reasons.
    Last edited by Sprig; 2014-09-29 at 10:36 PM.