New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: GLoG 89

1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 89

Sapling Cabin

Another baby is sleeping in a crib. It's Alexis! Who is actually a baby cuz I retconned cuz too fast growing and stuffs.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [<Redacted> Cabin]

Justin backs up and looks at the bawling girl. Who has Alyca so scared? Is she conflating her accident with some ambiguous force or has someone actually threatened her? Were her legs being destroyed not an accident? "Who?" he asks seriously. "Who are 'They,' Alyca? Are you talking about that organization you work for?"

He moves forward to the bedside and puts his hands on the bed. "Did somebody threaten you? Did somebody threaten you with me and your sister?" He attempts a calm tone, but it almost sounds as though he's gritting his teeth, biting back his anger. He can't let it through though. He isn't angry at Alyca and he can't allow her to think that.

"Alyca," he says, trying to lower his tone, "if they're threatening you, you don't have to stay with them. We can tell people that will help. WATCH and GLoG would protect you and your sister."
    [<Redacted> Cabin]

Alyca tries to tell Justin something, but her words are made incomprehensible by her weeping. Weeping Alyca (whatever you do, Justin, don't blink ) attempts to cling to Justin as if at any moment he will be torn away from her. She feebly point at a report that lies upon a table nearby entitled, Bio Organic Weapons of the Umbrella Corporation - T-Virus Variants - Biological and Biochemical Analysis.

The Illuminati wouldn't hit one of their own agents! They're more Machiavelli than Corleone these days!

Meanwhile, a medium-sized disc-shaped robot hovers over to Alyca's side! Beep, boop!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Celica's Cabin Oops.

Cheasadh won't stop crying; she's refusing to listen to Celica's soothing and at the moment just wants to be left alone, so she can calm down on her own. Pookiee also cries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Celica's Cabin (FINALLY!)

Everything's fine, don't worry. I invited my girlfriend over to meet cheasadh, cheasadh and I had an argument, and she tried to help stop it. She isn't very good with young kids, is all.
    Celica replies, trying to calm cheasadh down still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Maple Cabin]

"Really, now," Sophie says. "Can I come in? I'd like to see it all for myself."

[Celica's Room]

Wow! What a meanie, Khyli thinks! Already, Khyli dislikes Sophie (even though she has not yet seen so much as a hair of her). Khyli knows not whether Sophie meant to be skeptical or judgmental with that line, but Khyli knows that she'll have none of it! Nobody may speak to her girlfriend like that!

Her feathers ruffled, Khyli ferociously (RAWR!) returns fire!

"I dunno. Can you?"

Well, that's a smidge rude (I guess), but it's not at all cutting or insulting. It's not very ferocious either. If anything, ya sound like a snooty pedant, Khyli.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Maple Cabin

"Miss Celica left for the day as usual, and returned this morning with her acquaintance. During that time, said acquaintance remarked about Miss Cheasadh's upbringing due to comments she made with prejudiced tones, attempted to bribe her, told her that her biological parents were deceased, implied that it was for good reason, and asserted that Miss Celica protected her from meeting a similar fate at the hands of HALO's operatives, which This One believes is born from bias rather than fact." pipes in Mark from the other room, who being a robot doesn't actually need sleep, and kinda just sits there most of the time when he isn't accompanying Timmy on DeadTime Adventures.
    When you sit in a room next to another room which has its door open, you tend to hear things.
    ((feel free to skip him after this unless addressed, I just thought that he'd definitely be here, since he lives here, and it'd be good for CONFLICT!))
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #394
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [<Redacted> Cabin]

Alyca tries to tell Justin something, but her words are made incomprehensible by her weeping. Weeping Alyca (whatever you do, Justin, don't blink ) attempts to cling to Justin as if at any moment he will be torn away from her. She feebly point at a report that lies upon a table nearby entitled, Bio Organic Weapons of the Umbrella Corporation - T-Virus Variants - Biological and Biochemical Analysis.

The Illuminati wouldn't hit one of their own agents! They're more Machiavelli than Corleone these days!

Meanwhile, a medium-sized disc-shaped robot hovers over to Alyca's side! Beep, boop!
    [<Redacted> Cabin]

Justin will put his arms around her in response, and let her hold on as long as she needs too. He sees the report, but merely keeps it in sight. He'll give it the proper Science: 100 treatment later when Alyca isn't in crisis mode.

He also attempts to shoo away the robot. Shoo! This is human time. It's for people with complex brain function and nerve endings. It's also an Illuminati robot which means he wants as much space between it and Alyca as possible. It's probably just made for medical alerts, but it's a spy organization's robot. That they are being spied on is less a possibility and more a certainty.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #395
    Pixie in the Playground

[<Redacted> Cabin]

HoverBot(TM) will not be shooed. HoverBot only the shooer; HoverBot is never the shooee.

HoverBot sees all. HoverBot sees that the infected one is leaking onto the healthy one. HoverBot knows her systems are malfunctioning. HoverBot knows what is best for these two meatbags.

HoverBot knows all.

Perhaps the infected one is "comforted" by the other's embrace. Irrelevant. This "comfort" did not terminate all meatbags the infected one...'s malfunctioning.

Inefficient. Insufficient.

The other meatbag is incapable of repairing her. HoverBot must repair her.

A shiny needle springs out of HoverBot(TM)'s cold, metallic underside. This shiny needle will be jammed into Alyca if Justin does not interfere. HoverBot(TM) knows that the other meatbag interfering is a very real possibility. It has access to the organization's psychological profile of Justin Mine - Codename: Agent Magpie. HoverBot(TM) would not be surprised if Justin attempts to steal its shiny needle. HoverBot(TM) cannot be surprised. HoverBot(TM) is a robot.

Beep, boop, son!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-08-13 at 10:45 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396

[<Redacted> Cabin - Nicknames always hurt most when they're true]

From this position Justin has a much more limited number of options than normal. Being hugged by Alyca means that reaching his weapons would be awkward at best, not that a knife would be of any use, and using a gun in his girlfriends room would be difficult to explain to her sister. He settles for very seriously glaring at the machine, twisting himself in the way while pulling Alyca closer to him and most importantly, grabbing the disc-shaped robot by it's edge and pushing it the hell away from Aly. It's somewhat based on the idea that a robot that hovers would be light by design, since Justin is still lacking in arm strength.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Maple Cabin

"Miss Celica left for the day as usual, and returned this morning with her acquaintance. During that time, said acquaintance remarked about Miss Cheasadh's upbringing due to comments she made with prejudiced tones, attempted to bribe her, told her that her biological parents were deceased, implied that it was for good reason, and asserted that Miss Celica protected her from meeting a similar fate at the hands of HALO's operatives, which This One believes is born from bias rather than fact." pipes in Mark from the other room, who being a robot doesn't actually need sleep, and kinda just sits there most of the time when he isn't accompanying Timmy on DeadTime Adventures.
    When you sit in a room next to another room which has its door open, you tend to hear things.
    ((feel free to skip him after this unless addressed, I just thought that he'd definitely be here, since he lives here, and it'd be good for CONFLICT!))
    [Maple Cabin]

For whatever it's worth Timmy is also home, ((but his writer has been waiting for something to be broken or explode for the sake of DRAMA)) and he's been trying to keep his head down and in a book about Polynesian birds. He was hoping he could go without meeting his new cabin-mates for a while, but now he looks up from his book, waiting for what's next, about as scared as usual. Unlike his roommate and guardian, he doesn't pipe up. (Also entirely skippable unless necessary.)
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2014-08-13 at 11:43 PM.

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

[Campgrounds]

Her meeting with Alexis having been retconned away, Brinika is once again skulking among the cabins, practising her sneakiness.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Orc in the Playground

Maple/Celica's Cabin

Cheasadh continues crying, as I don't know what methods Celica is using to calm the gnome-girl, especially since Celica is distracted by talking to Sophie.

She's crying for longer than she would had Celica just let her calm down on her own, as Celica is the source of her distress and her presence is therefore not helping.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Sophie listens to Mark's recount with growing dismay. This is a child-raising disaster in the making. She has no idea how to make it all work, but for now she attempts to open the door, but she won't step inside yet, instead staying in the doorway.

"Is that what happened?" she asks the assembled people. She has no reason not to believe Mark, who she's not sure is even capable of lying. But she wants to hear what they have to say nonetheless.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Campgrounds]

Her meeting with Alexis having been retconned away, Brinika is once again skulking among the cabins, practising her sneakiness.
    Campgrounds

She might get the chance to, as Carth the griffin cub is snoozing on a patch of warm grass today. Maybe if she's sneaky enough she can bop him on the nose without waking him up? He's usually a fairly light sleeper.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

[Campgrounds]

Brinika creeps up to Carth to try and to just that. Despite her natural talents, she hasn't had much experience sneaking yet. However, her feet make a lot less noise touching the ground than they should.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Campgrounds

Halfway to the cub, he rolls over onto his side, paws waving a bit. False alarm, it seems. As long as Brinika remains as good as she is doing she should be able to get to him.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

[Campgrounds]

In that case, Brinika sneaks up to Carth and tries to bop him on the nose, grinning toothily.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Campgrounds

Carth gives a small squawk and flails a bit when so violently awoken, which does pretty much nothing besides being cute. He opens a sleepy eye towards her. "Mornin' Brin. What can I do for ya?" he asks, half-awake.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

[Campgrounds]

"Hi Carth!" Brinika squeaks. "I'm training sneakiness. I managed to get close without waking you up, so that means I'm doing well, right?"

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Campgrounds

"Yeah, probably. Try catching rabbits. Rabbits are so skittish. They also have eyes on the sides so they can see around their heads. Might be hard since you don't have wings. Hrm. Maybe squirrels then." says the Griffin as he flops over back onto his feet.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

[Campgrounds]

"I don't know if I can sneak up on rabbits and squirrels yet," Brinika says. "Keo can do that. She's really good at being sneaky and taught me about it."

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Campgrounds

"It's really not that hard. I do sometimes, even if I don't eat them 'cause the grown-ups told me I shouldn't eat the things wandering around if I can help it. Was Keo a good teacher?" asks the griffin conversationally, finally fully awake.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

[Campgrounds]

"Yeah," Brinika says with a nod. "She's really sneaky and she's really patient, too," she adds. It's kind of scary how patient Keo can be sometimes.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Pixie in the Playground

[<Redacted> Cabin - Resistance Is Futile!]

HoverBot(TM) is effortlessly shunted away from Alyca. HoverBot(TM) is not pleased by this turn of events. HoverBot(TM) is, in fact, most displeased by the other obviously malfunctioning meatbag's totally irrational behavior. HoverBot(TM) cannot complete the duties HoverBot(TM) has been assigned with that one obstructing HoverBot(TM).

HoverBot(TM) can't let you do that, Justin.

HoverBot(TM) attempts to disappear into the darkness of this chamber only to whirl around Justin and attempt to inject a sedative directly into his posterior.

It's for his own good.

-------
    [Maple Cabin - Celica's Room - And she would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that meddling robot!]

Grr! Blasted robotic voice! Gods, these walls must be thin! That or the Gyromite/Stack-Up fanatic must be a nosy parker! People like that just make Khyli so-

Gracefully, Khyli stands up, as if to introduce herself to Sophie. With a courtly air and the poise of a lady well-bred, she moves over to a wall, and BANG! A fist-sized hole may have appeared in the section of Timmy and Mark's wall that constitutes a border between their room and Celica's. In this hole is, as should be expected, the fist of a slightly (only slightly) miffed daughter of the dreaded Clarissa (the friendliest and most even-tempered of Clarissa's children, no less).

"Nearly. Ears omitted the littlest of details here and there, like how the child was referring to tall people as sacrifices, claiming that they weren't real people, and exhibits a taint that marks her as one who has been consorting with infernal, abyssal, or just plain evil entities."

Khyli remarks, smiling at Sophie as if she had not just punched through a wall and "accidentally" hurt Cheasadh's feelings.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Campgrounds

Carth nods. "Yeah, that sounds like a good person to teach sneakiness. Good luck Brin!" chirps the griffin cheerily. He thinks that he's too young to ever really teach someone decently.

Maple Cabin

Mark does not react in the slightest to the hole in the wall. He doesn't even flinch.
    "This One believes that this is a suitable demonstration of Miss' ability to handle children." deadpans the robot.
    It's amazing how much snark you can get in while monotone, isn't it?

22. - Top - End - #412

Exclamation Re: GLoG 89

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [<Redacted> Cabin - Resistance Is Futile!]

HoverBot(TM) is effortlessly shunted away from Alyca. HoverBot(TM) is not pleased by this turn of events. HoverBot(TM) is, in fact, most displeased by the other obviously malfunctioning meatbag's totally irrational behavior. HoverBot(TM) cannot complete the duties HoverBot(TM) has been assigned with that one obstructing HoverBot(TM).

HoverBot(TM) can't let you do that, Justin.

HoverBot(TM) attempts to disappear into the darkness of this chamber only to whirl around Justin and attempt to inject a sedative directly into his posterior.

It's for his own good.
    Redacted Cabin:

Yes Hoverbot(TM), attempt to sneak into the darkness... to sneak up on the thief... with good night vision... and a pipboy... and who SAW YOU float into the darkness. This is a good plan. It certainly won't end with it kissing a size eleven boot. Robots are so smart.

Oh wait!

Justin, quite fed up with this robot turms and kicks out at the Hoverbot(TM). if he succeed step to is to pick up Alyca (he supresses his straining grunt, it's very manly). This robot is officially the enemy. Alyca is no longer safe with it.
    -------
    [Maple Cabin - Celica's Room - And she would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that meddling robot!]

Grr! Blasted robotic voice! Gods, these walls must be thin! That or the Gyromite/Stack-Up fanatic must be a nosy parker! People like that just make Khyli so-

Gracefully, Khyli stands up, as if to introduce herself to Sophie. With a courtly air and the poise of a lady well-bred, she moves over to a wall, and BANG! A fist-sized hole may have appeared in the section of Timmy and Mark's wall that constitutes a border between their room and Celica's. In this hole is, as should be expected, the fist of a slightly (only slightly) miffed daughter of the dreaded Clarissa (the friendliest and most even-tempered of Clarissa's children, no less).

"Nearly. Ears omitted the littlest of details here and there, like how the child was referring to tall people as sacrifices, claiming that they weren't real people, and exhibits a taint that marks her as one who has been consorting with infernal, abyssal, or just plain evil entities."

Khyli remarks, smiling at Sophie as if she had not just punched through a wall and "accidentally" hurt Cheasadh's feelings.
    Maple Cabin

Mark does not react in the slightest to the hole in the wall. He doesn't even flinch.
    "This One believes that this is a suitable demonstration of Miss' ability to handle children." deadpans the robot.
    It's amazing how much snark you can get in while monotone, isn't it?
    Maple Cabin:

"Hey!" cries a twelve year old's voice. "Why would you do that?" Timmy asks, sounding distraught. He has been actively focusing hard NOT to put holes in the cabin walls. Why would anyone punch through a wall on purpose. That's expensive and dangerous and darn it it isn't even his fault this time why is he so upset?

He turns away from Mark and the hole in the wall to wipe his face with his sleeve.

My Characters

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Campgrounds

Carth nods. "Yeah, that sounds like a good person to teach sneakiness. Good luck Brin!" chirps the griffin cheerily. He thinks that he's too young to ever really teach someone decently.
    Brinika plops down on the ground.

"My dad says goblins are naturally sneaky. I guess it must be true because it's easier than I thought. Or maybe Mother Eve is helping me. But I'm not sure if she'd help me with sneaking."

[Maple Cabin]

"He omitted that because we already know about it," Sophie says, her tone icy. She steps away from the door and points outside. "Get out of this cabin. If you apologize and pay for the damage, I won't kick you out of the entire camp for good."

24. - Top - End - #414

A gleaming black sedan drives into camp and pulls up to the medical lab. The chauffeur steps out and opens the door for Toby Druid to step out. Toby turns and helps a redheaded woman who looks quite a bit like him out of the car. She is extremely pregnant. They look around, then slowly walk towards the lab's front door.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Campgrounds

Carth nods. "Well, griffins are good at being sneaky. We're made of critters that are all pre...pred...ah...tors. So we're supposed to sneak on things. Goblins might too, I think. I don't know about an Eve." he says simply.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

[Campgrounds]

"Mother Eve is a goddess that blessed me and Salix," Brinika explains. "It's what lets me shape and move rocks with my music. I don't know what else it might let me do."

27. - Top - End - #417
    Bugbear in the Playground

Maple Cabin

Celica is temporarily incapacitated by shock from all of this, so... she doesn't really do much but look surprised and panicked and startled.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Campgrounds

Carth tilts his head in a very avian manner.
    "If Eve's a goddess, why're you sayin' 'it?' I thought you're supposed to use He or Her with peoples." he says. He was told that it's rude to call a person an it!
    She's probably referring to the blessing, but his grammatical skills are about what you'd expect.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

[Medlab]

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    A gleaming black sedan drives into camp and pulls up to the medical lab. The chauffeur steps out and opens the door for Toby Druid to step out. Toby turns and helps a redheaded woman who looks quite a bit like him out of the car. She is extremely pregnant. They look around, then slowly walk towards the lab's front door.
    As it happens, Quinn is here! Doing...Quinn-ish things. And she looks up as the two enter the Lab, blinking in surprise.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

[Campgrounds]

"Um, I meant the blessing," Brinika says, her ears twitching. "A lady called Vasilisa told us that we have a spark in us now. And I guess it gives us all sorts of stuff. And each of us got a doll that helps us if we give her some food."