New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: GLoG 89

1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 89

[Goblin versus Junco]

Brinika plays a short tune on her flute in response. It sounds remarkably bird-like, mimicking the junco's call. It seems that some of the tiny goblin's divine spark ended up in the instrument after she's used it for a while.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary

I thought she might have looked for a clue as to where Natalie went, or found it accidentally whilst looking for something else.

"Sounds good to me." Natalie smiles and nods, standing up and wincing slightly.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Celica's Cabin]

Tensing up somewhat, the protective Khyli subconsciously bites her bottom lip. Just the thought of Nicole meeting Celica makes her feel ill at ease. She may have acted as though introducing Celica to Nicole wasn't such a big deal last night, but...

"Nicole will be dropping by later, I'm sure. Mother literally isn't herself, and all of my other siblings aren't exactly keen on the idea of visiting me since they're either too busy with their own things or I've battled and banished 'em from other realities I've lived in before. I'm cool with most of my brothers and sisters but Greed always tries to convince me to fund one of his imbecilic get-richer quick schemes, Sloth eats all of the junk food in my possession, and Envy..."

"I have a sneaking suspicion that Envy just wants to murder everyone! I can't stand her! She's so weird!"

"Anyway, just...be careful when Nicole visits. She'll probably try to test you somehow. Just remember that you don't have to play her games if you don't want to."

And then, Cheasadh enters! Or maybe Cheasadh entered the room during Khyli's "my kinfolk are nutters" dialogue and Khyli only now spotted her!

The demonic/angelic Khyli may be able to detect that Cheasadh is a crazy cultist kiddie, but she doesn't outwardly show any signs of noticing this.

Khyli, with the friendliest of smiles, merely quietly waves at Cheasadh as she waits for Celica to introduce her to her daughter and her daughter to her!

-------
    Celica nods understandingly.
    Morning Cheasadh! This is my girlfriend, Khyli. How did you sleep?
    She inquires, smiling amicably.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

[The Infirmary]

Choir gathered up the new set of clothing and examined them.

It had taken her some time to figure out how to get the simple article on, but these seemed even more complicated to her. She understood, in vague terms, what she was supposed to do with them, but little more than that. She gave those in the infirmary an uncertain look.

"I... think I require aid. I don't know what I need to do with these, or how to apply them."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"First, you remove the original garment. Then, garments are applied in order of size; some are placed over the others." Kestrel goes to pick up a piece underwear first. "This piece is placed over the lower body. The legs, which are the long extended pieces on which you stand, are placed through these holes, one at a time. The large opening encircles the body."
    Kestrel will go on, narrating the process of each garment and using its arms to place them in the correct orientation for Choir.

"Thank you, Reelshka. Choir intends to set out to find certain radioactive minerals that we believe will allow her to return to her preferred state. Are there any members possessed of a more widely-applicable locomotion system who might accompany her?" Kestrel rocks back and forth to indicate its wheels, in case Reelshka didn't know what it was talking about.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

Celica's Cabin

"Good morning Celica, Khyli. I slept quite well, thank you. Fluffy and Pookie scared off the nightmare-demons." Cheasadh doesn't take any notice of Khyli's familial musings; she has no idea what's happened to her brother and her parents are dead, so she usually phases out other people's family talk. She waves and smiles at Khyli.

She would also be quite adamant that Celica isn't her mother, if she was asked.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

[Goblin versus Junco]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Brinika plays a short tune on her flute in response. It sounds remarkably bird-like, mimicking the junco's call. It seems that some of the tiny goblin's divine spark ended up in the instrument after she's used it for a while.
    If one has not previously seen a junco in a bowler hat double-take, one has now.

Tom peers downwards. Tilts his head.

"Seep seep chirrup seepseep?"

("...say, guv'nor, 'ow you get that to sound that way?")

Infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    I thought she might have looked for a clue as to where Natalie went, or found it accidentally whilst looking for something else.

"Sounds good to me." Natalie smiles and nods, standing up and wincing slightly.
    It's possible.

"Let's go." Jamie smiles, holding out her hand to Natalie.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblin versus Junco]

"Are you trying to tell me something?" Brinika asks from behind her rock. "I don't speak Bird."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Pixie in the Playground

[Celica's Cabin]

Goodness gracious! Fate really isn't very fond of Cheasadh, is it?

Or maybe it is in a strange way. Her parents intended to raise her as a deranged cultist, after all.

After Khyli has jotted down a mental note to research that bear creature that is following Cheasadh around so that she can be sure that it won't maul anyone, Khyli steps out of the room for a second. She returns with a tray of hot food and cold drinks which she attempts to set atop a small wooden table she conjured up out of thin air.

"I cooked breakfast for you. I mean, I cooked breakfast for everyone, but this is your's if you're hungry."

Khyli tentatively mentions, not quite knowing what she ought to say to Cheasadh.

"If, uh, demons bother you at night sometimes, you might want to study warding magic?"

10. - Top - End - #220

Celica's Cabin

"Good morning Celica, Khyli. I slept quite well, thank you. Fluffy and Pookie scared off the nightmare-demons." Cheasadh doesn't take any notice of Khyli's familial musings; she has no idea what's happened to her brother and her parents are dead, so she usually phases out other people's family talk. She waves and smiles at Khyli.

She would also be quite adamant that Celica isn't her mother, if she was asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Celica's Cabin]

Goodness gracious! Fate really isn't very fond of Cheasadh, is it?

Or maybe it is in a strange way. Her parents intended to raise her as a deranged cultist, after all.

After Khyli has jotted down a mental note to research that bear creature that is following Cheasadh around so that she can be sure that it won't maul anyone, Khyli steps out of the room for a second. She returns with a tray of hot food and cold drinks which she attempts to set atop a small wooden table she conjured up out of thin air.

"I cooked breakfast for you. I mean, I cooked breakfast for everyone, but this is your's if you're hungry."

Khyli tentatively mentions, not quite knowing what she ought to say to Cheasadh.

"If, uh, demons bother you at night sometimes, you might want to study warding magic?"
    No, Khyli, that's not something to worry about. After all, life teaches us that bears of any type that doesn't wanna get you in your sleep are the only natural predator of nightmare demons.
    She replies, a goofy smile on her face.
    Celica often makes jokes like this, not at all worried that Cheasadh could grow up believing bears nom nightmare demons.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary

Natalie smiles and takes Jamie's hand, following wherever Jamie wishes to take her. Though at the moment if they get in trouble, Natalie can only help with her natural shapeshifting. Not that I expect Jamie to lead them into trouble deliberately, mind you.

Celica's Cabin

To be fair, I don't know what's happened to Arteitheo. Last I heard, he was a prisoner of HALO. And then I forgot about him.

"Fluffy's been protecting me from nightmares longer than Pookie. So it should be multi-headed wolves, not bears. And Pookie's not a bear, he's a Teddiursa. He's cuter." And mostly they are mundane nightmares, from when she hid in a closet from undead and a mutant beholder. Confidence that Pookie and Bane will protect her keep them away, mostly away anyway. And all Celica is really doing is reinforcing a belief instilled by her parents in this case, rather than introducing a new one.

Cheasadh accepts the breakfast with a smile. "Thank you, Khyli." The gnome-girl will start to eat, feeding some morsels to Pookie, but she has researched what he's supposed to eat and gives him plenty of natural food in addition to treats.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"I don't know if anyone is available," Reelshka says, uncertainly. "I'd have to ask around a bit. With Reinholdt gone, our membership isn't very exploration-oriented."

13. - Top - End - #223

[The Infirmary]

It took several false starts, but eventually Choir managed to get her new clothing on.

The whole process baffled her.

Were humans really so fragile that they had to wrap themselves with false skins? Were they really so poor at thermoregulation?

Choir couldn't imagine how a race like theirs had managed to survive for so long.

"Then... what am I to do while I wait?" Choir asked. Concern had begun creeping into her tone. While she had been assured that she wouldn't die here she couldn't find herself trusting this weak, frail, singular body. She couldn't imagine how these creatures functioned knowing that they could become extinct at any moment.

She idly glanced off in the direction of two others that had just come and gone.

What were they doing?

14. - Top - End - #224

Infirmary

Natalie smiles and takes Jamie's hand, following wherever Jamie wishes to take her. Though at the moment if they get in trouble, Natalie can only help with her natural shapeshifting. Not that I expect Jamie to lead them into trouble deliberately, mind you.

Celica's Cabin

To be fair, I don't know what's happened to Arteitheo. Last I heard, he was a prisoner of HALO. And then I forgot about him.

"Fluffy's been protecting me from nightmares longer than Pookie. So it should be multi-headed wolves, not bears. And Pookie's not a bear, he's a Teddiursa. He's cuter." And mostly they are mundane nightmares, from when she hid in a closet from undead and a mutant beholder. Confidence that Pookie and Bane will protect her keep them away, mostly away anyway. And all Celica is really doing is reinforcing a belief instilled by her parents in this case, rather than introducing a new one.

Cheasadh accepts the breakfast with a smile. "Thank you, Khyli." The gnome-girl will start to eat, feeding some morsels to Pookie, but she has researched what he's supposed to eat and gives him plenty of natural food in addition to treats.
    Fair point. Maybe it's fur that does the trick!
    Celica suggests, a goofy grin on her face.
    There's nothing more Celica enjoys than being silly and goofing around besides Khyli.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"In that case, that no one is available, I will begin arranging a body that will be suitable for the task. I remind you that the pieces I constrct myself from are much larger than your bodies, Choir, that this will take some time. I suggest you use the time period in order to experience the world from a singular perspective and learn about the nexus."

Maybe Reelshka, as a macro-scale biological being, can make them better understood to the newcomer. Or someone else. Kestrel turns and goes to roll out of the building and away; it doesn't keep its spare limbs and cables anywhere on the GLoG grounds, much less right here in the infirmary.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Looks like you have some time, then," Reelshka says. "If you have more questions and concerns, I'll be glad to help."

17. - Top - End - #227

[The Infirmary]

Choir nodded slightly.

She had to grow accustomed to have a singular body, at least for a time. It made her uncomfortable, but it was something that had to be done. She opened her mouth to speak to the others, but a strange gurgling sound accompanied by a fluttering feeling came from her abdomen. She turned her attention to it quickly, a look of vague horror creeping across her face. This was it, she was sure. She could already feel an awful twisting sensation inside her. It couldn't possibly be something good.

"What was that? Is my body supposed to make sounds like that?"

Was she sick?

Was she dying?

She certainly hoped not, not when she had learned there might be a way to make her whole again.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

[The Infirmary]

Reelshka raises an eyebrow and her right ear perks up.

"Sounds like you're hungry," she says. "It's something people with bodies like ours need to worry about."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Pixie in the Playground

[Celica's Cabin]

"Um..."

What to do; what to do?

Khyli disagrees with Celica's parenting methods, and Celica appears to be blissfully unaware of her daughter's taint. It would be rude to review Celica's parenting technique in front of her, but...

Frankly, this is mildly frustrating for her to watch.

"Erm..."

On one hand, she might upset Celica if she recommends that Celica's nightmares are, as a matter of fact, something to worry about because Cheasadh is consorting with something evil, but, on the other hand, if she says nothing, the child could fall prey to whatever unholy creature she is somehow interacting with...

No, this...this matter is not suitable for discussion during breakfast.

That said...

"So, have you made any interesting friends here at this camp, Cheasadh? Are there any improvements to your quarters which either of you would like?"

She can inconspicuously investigate with a battery of innocent questions.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

Celica's Cabin

"I've met Salix, a dryad. She's nice. Everyone else seems too tall to be a real person, though." She was raised in the belief that humans and other tall races couldn't get enough oxygen to their brains because they held their noses too far off the ground, which made them naturally stupid and inferior to gnomes, halflings and other short-folk. "I'd like more pink in my room, but that's about it really." Cheasadh would have asked for everything she could get away with being pink, or lavender. Some are purple, but it's mostly pink.

21. - Top - End - #231

Celica's Cabin

"I've met Salix, a dryad. She's nice. Everyone else seems too tall to be a real person, though." She was raised in the belief that humans and other tall races couldn't get enough oxygen to their brains because they held their noses too far off the ground, which made them naturally stupid and inferior to gnomes, halflings and other short-folk. "I'd like more pink in my room, but that's about it really." Cheasadh would have asked for everything she could get away with being pink, or lavender. Some are purple, but it's mostly pink.
    Celica has actually never heard this belief of Cheasadh's.
    So she looks understandably appalled at that.
    Cheasadh, who taught you that?!
    She demands, worried her child is hanging out with the wrong kinds of people.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Pixie in the Playground

[Celica's Cabin]

Woah! Khyli did not expect to strike paydirt so quickly!

How fortuitous (and slightly alarming)! If the child so readily expresses such radical notions in front of complete strangers, it's likely that she trusts the entity that has tainted her very aura to such an extent that she does not even question the veracity of its heightist gospel.

"Something or someone has corrupted her, Celica. I sensed it when she entered the room."

Khyli peacefully articulates. There is no judgment in her tone. She is not about to chastise Cheasadh or anything of the sort. If anything, Khyli seems to sympathize with Cheasadh.

The first step is to evaluate the situation. She must know the enemy if she is to break the hold it has on this child.

"But that is no fault of her's. She is merely a child. Do not be too stern with her."

Only now does Khyli speak to Cheasadh directly. Her tone is almost motherly. Almost.

"If you answer your mother's questions and a few of my own, I shall paint your room pink if it is not already pink and we will drive you to a toy store to buy any toy you want later today."
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-07-14 at 04:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

Celica's Cabin

"My parents did, of course. Dad was especially clear about it." Cheasadh nods, only to frown at Khyli.
    "I am not corrupt! And Celica's not my mother- my mother's dead! Celica's just the stupid human who decided to look after me in a pub! She doesn't know me! She just happened to be around when the scaly chap and the sacrifice wanted to get rid of me!" Bane is not known for His hightist gospel. That's just a belief of her father's side of the family, one her mother happened to agree with.

Cheasadh will try to storm off to her room, taking Pookie and Fluffy with her. Her legs are short, however, and it's entirely possible that somebody will stop her.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

[Goblin versus Junco]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Are you trying to tell me something?" Brinika asks from behind her rock. "I don't speak Bird."
    "Seep tseep chirrup seep. Seeeeeep."
    Tom looks dissapointed.
    As he flits closer.
    And peeeers!
    Before grabbing a berry off a bush and devouring it.
    ...for a little puffball of feathers, he looks quite fierce.

* "You don't speak avian. Heathen."

Infirmary

Trouble tends to find them wherever they go.
    And, finally, Jamie leads them out, perhaps towards Inside!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblin versus Junco]

Brinika ponders things. This little bird seems to understand her, but she can't understand him. She plays her flute once more, this time mimicking almost exactly what Tom just said.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary- To Ice Cream!

I've always thought of Inside as being closer to GLoG, so that sounds good!

Since Jamie is paying, and therefore likely knows the ice cream parlour, Natalie will willingly follow the older girl.

27. - Top - End - #237

Celica's Cabin

"My parents did, of course. Dad was especially clear about it." Cheasadh nods, only to frown at Khyli.
    "I am not corrupt! And Celica's not my mother- my mother's dead! Celica's just the stupid human who decided to look after me in a pub! She doesn't know me! She just happened to be around when the scaly chap and the sacrifice wanted to get rid of me!" Bane is not known for His hightist gospel. That's just a belief of her father's side of the family, one her mother happened to agree with.

Cheasadh will try to storm off to her room, taking Pookie and Fluffy with her. Her legs are short, however, and it's entirely possible that somebody will stop her.
    Cheasadh!
    Celica darts after her adopted daughter, attempting to stop her.
    Cheasadh, I may not be your mother, but I am your parental guardian and adoptive mother, and I may not know you as well as your mother did, but I am trying to, and I have a responsibility to care for you as well as I can!
    She replies, attempting to after stopping her kneel down in front of her and place her hands on Cheasadh's shoulders, looking her in the eye as she speaks with honesty and care for her.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Pixie in the Playground

[Celica's Cabin]

Welp, the good cop routine is gettin' her nowhere fast! Time to switch up the roles, people! Now, she's the bad cop.

"You should be more appreciative of Celica's timely intervention, kiddo. Though her benevolence, you were spared from the punishment all but a handful of cultists so richly deserve."

Khyli darkly chuckles as the door leading out of the bedroom probably slams shut before Cheasadh can reach it. She then reclines upon the bed with the smug satisfaction of a kitten that has cornered a terrified mouse. Her nearly spiked tail dangles lazily over the side of the bed.

"Your genetic parents are dead. Have you ever asked yourself why that might be?"

-------
    [Alyca and Miriah's Cabin]

It's still standing! Hooray!

Sadly, the same can't be said for Alyca. She isn't allowed to stand yet - doctor's orders.

She survived falling out of the sky in a tank and then being ambushed by an extremely well-trained and well-funded band of mercs. Her legs were not so lucky. They had to be replaced.

On the bright side, the replacement legs look and feel natural. She can still sense when something is touching one or both of them. She can sprint endlessly and perform all manner of neat tricks with them!

On the downside, she's more machine than woman now...

At least she had the foresight to fill the freezer with ice cream before she "tripped and fell down a flight of stairs".
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-07-22 at 03:03 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Celica's Cabin

Cheasadh can be stopped, and listens to what is said with an ugly frown upon her face, though what Khyli said? Little bit too far; it makes Cheasadh cry.

Pookiee the Teddiursa cries too, joining in after his trainer begins to bawl.

30. - Top - End - #240

Celica's Cabin

Cheasadh can be stopped, and listens to what is said with an ugly frown upon her face, though what Khyli said? Little bit too far; it makes Cheasadh cry.

Pookiee the Teddiursa cries too, joining in after his trainer begins to bawl.
    Celica facepalms at Khyli's actions.
    Khyli, I'm pretty sure that for parenting, The Good Cop Bad Cop Routine is not an appropriate route. Cheasadh, please don't cry, calm down.
    Celica says as she tries her best to comfort Cheasadh.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-07-22 at 05:41 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show