New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [PTU, IC] The Invisible League 3: You actually exploded!

Drew
    "I'm sure they'd be more than willing Lea likes visitors and the machine is already paid for again assuming they still have it"

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kara recovered from her fit of coughing quickly enough but glared down at her ruined shorts. "Mukking poisons..." she growled then looked up at the koffing, raring to fight this guy head-on. She rushed at it, discarding the remains of her shorts in the process, and once she got close to it her shadow itself reared up near the thing and struck out of nowhere at the koffing.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Using Living Shadow to attack with faint attack after shifting close enough to do so
    No attack roll needed
    Damage Roll= (2d6+15)[21]
    Sadly I cannot access my sheet right now, so I do not remember what other damage adds to faint attack. Just her actual attack bonus. Can someone link it in the IC or the OOC so I have access to it for the rest of the time away from my computer please? I am pretty sure I linked it yesterday...if it is too much hassle then don't worry. But I can't access google docs otherwise without the link.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Assuming they've seen enough to actually believe it? Not as many as one might like," he said with a dry chuckle despite the boyish smile he flashed, "Besides, the whole point of that was to show our friend here just the kind of person you were; wouldn't have made sense to steal the spotlight away from the star during her big scene, that's just poor showmanship," Uriel continues in a lighter tone in an attempt to brush his prior statement to the wayside.

" As for taking ...advantage of you, well no one deserves to just get used like that. Any way I'm just trying to do right by me, and trying to avoid unnecessary regrets while I'm at it; nothing that special about it when you. 'Sides there's not much I can do for myself as is, so I might as well make the most out of what time I've got left; most everything else I've tried's come up as a dead end, so Wisp's my first real shot of making some progress on that front in a long time. I just figure that if I can't help myself, I might aswell help those I can while I still have time, " he comments with a shrug.

But, thanks. Always nice to know your doing something right, " he ends with a playful grin.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2014-07-12 at 06:45 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"Sounds good. You have any idea where I might be able to meet them? Word is they'd be out and about right around this time." This was going much better than he'd expected. Maybe not everything would go wrong on this vacation. He was still going to wring Sid's scrawny little neck though. And the thought made him smile.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ettin in the Playground

Kara
    The Koffing is hit but it still has plenty of fight in it especially coaxed on by that annoying music coming from the toy stuck to its body. It then swings around and tackles you from the side plowing through the darkness and pushing you off the walkway and into the channel of sewage.(you take 25 normal physical damage before reductions)

Drew
    "Well I believe they were hitting parks in a particular order today... jigglypuff park, smeagol park, mightyena park, tengula park, petilil park, kricketune park, lunch, wailord park, tentacool park, and bidoof park I believe was the pattern they were following today. though if we wanted to make this simple I could just give you their phone numbers."
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2014-07-12 at 06:33 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Well, I hope Wisp can help." Claire comments, "Considering that stupid infatuation thing from back at Opal's house, I guess you know the general thing that I asked her to look into it." Claire said, "I was hoping to keep it secret because I don't like when people brag about helping others. Sadly, that stupid infatuation ruined that. Do note its helping a friend, nothing special. I'm sure if Wisp told you that she could cure me if you did a simple job for her, you'd accept as well." Claire said looking over at Uriel for a moment before returning her eyes to the road.

Anyways its actually how I met Veil. I agreed to do some jobs for her, let her do some studying into my elementalism, move in with her, etc. and in exchange she said she'd start looking into your curse. I don't know details of how she plans to help, but I figure if she's as good as they say hopefully she can help." Claire comments, "And you said it yourself, she's your only lead." Clarie chuckles, "So, I guess if you're helping others cause you can't help yourself it falls to me to help you in your place." She teases.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kara flew back into the sewage and yiped, whining a bit as she was covered in disgusting muck. "Ohhh, ugh! I can't believe...you horrid...grrr!" The music was annoying to her too, and if it was keeping the koffing mad then removing it from him was a good plan in any book. Once again he shadow lunged from another angle at the koffing, swiping at it and the toy and aiming to pull it from the angered pokemon.

Show
    Her health is now at 46/66; trying to use Living Shadow to use thief and take the musical toy, if it counts as a held item for that purpose. Otherwise, just for damage.
    Attack Roll= (1d20)[4]
    Damage Roll= (1d8+21)[28]
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

Kara
    Good thing thats a military grade bag you stole from that guy or your precious picture of drew might have gotten ruined. Your own bag on the other hand...

Your manipulation of shadows is off and you miss the koffing and instead grab... eeeeeew... lets just not talk about...

The koffing tries to spit sludge at you again but the toxic loogie falls well short.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"Oh, uh yeah. That'd probably be the easier way to do things, wouldn't it?" Drew has to resist the distinct urge to slap himself in the forehead. "I owe yah big time man. Could you just text me their numbers?"

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Drew
    "Heh of course [background noise] oh gotta go...*click*" soon after you receive the phone numbers to Lea and Ema

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew looks at his phone. "That boy gets into a lot of trouble." He puts the numbers into his phone before dialing the number for Lea. Assuming it picks up, he says. "Hello? Is this Lea I'm speaking to? This is a friend of Moa's."

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

Drew
    "Hello a friend of Moa this is Lea what can I do for you?" says a very sunny and bubbly voice

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"I'm on the hunt for a fossil reanimation machine. Word on the streets is that you at least had one at one point. Any chance that you still do?" Drew had to say he liked her already.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

Drew
    "hmm... just a sec... Hey Ema do we still have that machine we used to make rosemary's egg?... That thing under the sheet in the breeding room? Are you sure? I thought that was an old vending machine... You don't remember do you?... are you blushing?... *giggle*made you look... oh don't make that face it was just a little joke... Well we might still have it we'll be breaking for lunch in a few hours you're free to stop by our place for some and look around if you like. Its the garden on top of the grocery store in east midtown so it should be easy to find." she answers

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"That'd be great. Thanks! See you then."Drew says and heads back inside. "Ok, I've found a reanimation machine. It'll just be a couple hours."

16. - Top - End - #406
    Firbolg in the Playground

"That's great!" Opal says cheerily, "would you like to come along Chimney, Steven?" she asks the two.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

Drew and Opal
    "Eh sure we don't have much else to do now that terra has steven thinking my eyes will rattle out of their sockets if I do anything "to intensive"""More like you'd probably break the glasses those are a loaner pair afterall"

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kara growled again as her attack failed, though now it was more a sound of desperation. She quietly cursed and thought, This isn't going well...I can't let this bag and its contents get ruined, not after all I went through to get it and get to safety. Her own bag could be worried about later at this point, considering it was pretty much doomed. And I still don't know if that guy and his pokemon are looking for me...so I have to just deal with this. No messing around, just smash the koffing. With that in mind now, Kara jumped up out of the sludge onto the walkway again, and turned to the koffing as her shadow again attacked, this time from the koffings left rather than its right.

Show
    Kara is shifting out of that sludge by jumping; not sure if it requires an acrobat check but I'll roll anyway. And her shadow is using faint attack.
    Acrobatics= (4d6+3)[14]
    Damage Roll= (2d6+23)[30]
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ettin in the Playground

Kara
    You stick the landing and look good doing it the flair of droplets of sewage scattered into the air was a nice touch.

Its hit but it isn't even injured yet. The koffing then tries to bump you back(assurance) but it misses in the darkness and strikes a discarded manquin instead.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"I did say we'd have to wait a couple hours. So it's not exactly a pressing matter." Drew says, shrugging slightly.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Geez, is it even feeling what I am doing to it?? At this rate I may just have to run for it completely..or hope Poochie can take it, but in these quarters he would probably just fall into the sewage. Gotta try again to get that toy that is annoying it and me off of it... As the koffing strikes the mannequin she sees her chance to go for another quick grab, her shadow lashing out behind the agitated pokemon. She'd do it herself but she can't let go of that bag and risk it being knocked into the muck below.

Show
    Another thief attempt! Please let it do better this time.
    Attack Roll= (1d20)[8]
    Damage Roll] (1d8+21)[27]
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground

Kara
    You got it! You got the blasted toy! You left a not quite ignorable scratch but who cares!(1 injury)... Oh gods it's still making noise! The Koffing sees you have it and that its still going and spits sludge in an attempt to silence it! He's accurate this time and strikes the arm hold the toy with the potent corrosive goo but a toy like this doesn't last as long as it has by being vulnerable to goo now does is? yup its still pumping out the annoying music...(you take 44 special poison damage before reductions)
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2014-07-13 at 11:55 AM.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

As the poisonous goo hit her arm she nearly screamed from the pain, it coming out more as a loud whine and yelp. That definitely was leaving a mark. In her pain, her panic, and he wanting to just get rid of that useless thing, she threw the toy as far as she could down the path she had been following, then bolted the opposite direction from the koffing. Maybe it would go for the toy, and she could have a moment?

Show
    HP is now at 10/66!
    Throwing range is 8, overland speed is still 8. No clue if anything needs to be rolled here. She definitely has some sort of injury though I think.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

Kara
    It goes after the toy and tries belching smog at it to no effect on its ability to play music.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kara touched her injured arm and yelped again from the pain, then glared at the koffing. That thing could have burned through my skin...that does it. I am dealing with this now. She carefully moved over towards the koffing, where it was attacking the toy, snarling a little at it with her ears lowered to her head. As she approached it, she took one of her great balls from her belt pouch and held it up in her uninjured hand. Once she was about as close as she was when her shadow was attacking it, she quickly threw the pokeball its way!

Show
    Pretty obvious, shift to move closer, standard to throw pokeball.
    Attack Roll= (1d20)[18]
    Capture= (1d100-10)[26]
    -10 from the great ball
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

Kara
    "Ding!" Its caught! (lvl23 koffing, female, quick cloak as its advanced ability)

Kara gains TXP! 1 TXP for escaping and fighting the koffing, 1 TXP for catching the koffing(duh), and 1 TXP for bucking the trend of people finding hot elementalists in the middle of exploded out craters in the middle of the sewers!

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

After taking a quick breath of relief, Kara sauntered over to the pokeball and picked it up. She smiled a bit at it, ears back up again. "Well there...see? We'll be best friends in no time. I hope at least. Well, something like that." Then she frowned and looked around her. "Geez, what am I doing talking to myself in the sewers like this? Arf! I need to find another manhole and get out of all this." Kara walked a few steps forward, trying to get the other arm from moving too much, though it would probably be fine with some rest and care.

Then as she looked down at herself she whined again and groaned, hands on her head. "Oh what the-?! I'm covered in slime and...and other things I don't want to imagine, and my shorts are utterly gone!" She shuddered a bit and thinking of all this disgusting stuff all over her, and how long she would have to take to clean it all. "I suppose I really need to get to that house now...hopefully they can help. Now, do I even have any more good shorts or anything? I might have a pair...if...oh no." She knelled down and grabbed her normal traveling bag, looking through it hastily, hoping that any shorts she had (of which she didn't really tend to carry many pairs anyway) were either not too slimy to wear or not corroded by that poison cloud she got doused in. If they were gone then that was gonna make getting through the city a lot more interesting.

Show
    Yay a catch! Alright 3 TXP. Can't write all the stuff in at the moment, this computer will still not let me log into google docs myself. -_- Maybe see if I can log on later on a friend's phone or tablet or vita...something. Will write these important details when I can. Do I need to roll anything to find a way out of here? I also pretty much assume her clothes are beyond saving, but she may as well look.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

Kara
    It appears that the only spare pair you currently have has met the same fate. Its kinda your own fault considering you stole the two completely identical shorts right off the backsides of those fashionista twins in pyrite...

29. - Top - End - #419
    Firbolg in the Playground

Opal nods, "I wanted to check the contest hall anyway, I want to get Olivine used to the setting and get her ready for when we do start doing contests," it was more of a casual interest in contests than anything else, and a method for Olivine to gain some confidence.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

She smiled to herself as she thought of the circumstances in which she got those shorts. Oh right...heh wasn't that a fun one. Though it might have been a little more enjoyable if I could have coaxed them off instead of swiped them... Then Kara shook her head and growled a bit. "What am I doing daydreaming at a time like this? This is terrible! Crap, what am I gonna do out there? I can't be seen without any covering..." She looked down at herself, once again ruing the exact way that her fur grew over her, while being happy to have any covering at all. "Being covered in all of this is one horrid thing, but also having no pants? Well...I guess I could try to discreetly make my way to the surface...stick to the back alleys...swipe a pair in a clothing store if I come across one. Seems that is the best I can do." She stood and replaced her back on her back, holding onto the military grade one.

Kara took a moment to look into the bag. "So much stuff...what is with this box? Well, I guess I can check it out when I am somewhere safer. This thing still freaks me out." After another little cringe she shook herself off some. Wouldn't get rid of the sludge and muck smell but at least she would be a little dryer. A little smirk crossed her face as she looked over the pictures in there. "I have no clue who these other people were that he was following, but wow Drew Williams...I can't believe I actually got a picture of him, arf arf!" It only took another moment to collect herself, a little chastisement for again sounding like some little puppy, and zipped up the bag. "I'll have more time to enjoy this stuff when I get out of here." she spoke quietly to herself and continued on her previous path away from here.
    Show