New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [PTU, IC] The Invisible League 3: You actually exploded!

"There's no rush to go right away," Opal replies, "I have a few ideas if you'd prefer to have a 'home spa' of sorts, I'd just need to talk to a few people first. After all, you need to be comfortable to relax, right?"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"That's fair," he admits with a nod, meeting the lass's smile with his own, "Well, I'm sad to say I'm one of the normal ones in the bunch...on paper anyway," he began with a slight chuckle, briefly mauling something over as if weighing a decision.

"As it is I'm a protrainer, but I'm...well, you could say I'm Cursed to live in interesting times," he finally explains with a more reserved smile, "It's actually why I'm in Castelia as part of the I.L.,"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew switches out the clean clothing for the still dirty clothing in the hamper. "That was... Yeah." He shakes his head, face still bright red. Checking the size tags in Gwen's clothes first, he searches through the boxes for an outfit that will fit Gwen, hopefully anyway.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Interesting times doesn't seem like too bad of a curse to me. You can make almost anything out in your favor if you try hard enough." Kara commented as her tail waved around idly. "But I don't have your situation, so I might be wrong in it not being too bad. But...I feel like I can't ask too much. Seeing as how I am cursed too. I ask about yours, you expect me to tell you about mine, it just becomes a mess. So...I won't poke my nose too deep into your business, if that's okay." She had a devious grin as she spoke, and not even the mention made her break that.

"But if we are both cursed then at least that means we have something in common in this whole crazy League. Almost like family." Kara gave a cute little chuckle, as if them being tied that way was so funny. It was mostly just interesting to her.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ettin in the Playground

Claire
    "S-stop it with your arceus damn mind games! how did you find all that out?... What did you do with the real claire!?"

Opal
    "*sigh* just set up whatever you want I'm not going to let myself become some sort of diva that needs specific conditions to unwind." Says chimney

Drew
    There is plenty here in her size and and in some pretty recent styles you could certainly let your creativity run wild assuming she agrees to wear what you offer to her.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Because I AM Claire." Claire says annoyed. "Look, if you don't wanna believe me whatever, I don't care. I just came to pick up my scythe and then figure out what the **** that damn relic thing did."

7. - Top - End - #1417

"Everyone has preferences, you're no exception to that, no one is," Opal says, looking more serious, "how you relax is one of them, not being able to relax in certain conditions is something everyone has to deal with, thinking not being able to makes you alike to a diva is saying you're alike to any living thing," she says, "while some trends come about within certain castes, everyone has a pattern, everyone has some things they enjoy, and some they don't. Everyone is individual, yet also the same. Because everyone follows patterns, saying you have no preferences is the same as saying you aren't someone, without preferences, you're nothing. And you're certainly not nothing, you have your preferences, I'm certain of that. If you can't relax in certain situations, that's nothing to be ashamed of, or to fear having, I have that problem, I'm sure Uriel has that problem, I'm sure everyone, human and pokemon alike, have that problem. And you know what? It's not a problem, it's being who you are. Don't be afraid of who you are, Mary," Opal says, using Chimney's real name for the first time since meeting her, "who you are isn't by others, not your parents, not your siblings, not your boss, not anyone else, it's defined by you, what you want, what you prefer, your likes and dislikes, your experiences. You need to learn to face who you are and who you want to be, and strive for it. It's harder to do that when your tense, and I'm asking you to relax in whatever way works for you, because that will be what helps you most in the long run. It will be what helps you to become who you want to be..."

Opal pauses for a time to let what she had said sink in, "...I want you to understand what I'm trying to do to help, but I can't do that unless you open up and stop trying to deny who you really are, in every facet. Do you understand?" she asks at the end of her slightly overzealous monologue.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew pulls together an outfit from the various boxes and grabs the clean outer layer of Gwen's clothes after pulling on his own stark white ensemble. "I really need to go get my clothes from the hotel." He heads back to the kitchen with the outfit and sets it off to the side. "Your clothes aren't all clean yet. But I pulled together an outfit for you."

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Oh that's usually the idea, but some days you turn and embarrassing meeting into a strong friendship you can count on. Other days you can't go out to buy a burger without nearly being run over or gored by a sudden stampede of enraged tauri. It's a bit of a roller coaster," Uriel commented, giving Kara an understanding nod at her desire for discretion even as he noted her comment about being cursed; figuring it would likely be safe to bet on it being the cause of her present state given the manner she had reacted. Had he been by himself, he would have given it more thought; but he doubted no was the time or place for such ruminations.

"Well, there's worst things to have in common with someone; and nothing brings people together quite like misfortune after all" he commented airily, "Though I gotta say, first time I've ever heard someone say that," he added, bemused someone could consider a curse of all things as a boon for something; a thought that uneasily dredged up his earlier musings on the subject.

"So, what do you do for fun?" he inquired with polite curiosity, giving Kara a chance to change the topic if she wanted to.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2014-09-15 at 04:04 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ettin in the Playground

Luna Claire
    "If you're really claire who's just arbitrarily decided to reinvent herself and not admit to it and hope everyone rolls with it then do something only the really real claire could that some witchhunter in makeup couldn't with your ghosty elementalism powers"

Opal
    "What do you mean by that?" She says figuratively bristling "What are these facets you think I'm denying? That I have a talent for being a manipulator? That I should be "embracing" these artistic gifts that would be going to waste "without the backing of mommies resources"? And where do you get off thinking you can call me by that stupid name ripped out of the kids movies my moms company sells?" You might have struck a nerve... "What I want to relax is I just don't want to have to think about it! no fussing no planning no details no worrying I just want to do something anything on a whim without a care but we all know that ain't happening..."

Drew
    Gwens huddled in a corner with a very worried and panicked look "g-get back! I don't know why I- I mean I might be dangerous!" she says pointing a spoon at you as if it was a pointy object ment toward you away... clearly she is not a master of warfare or anything like that...

Uriel and Kara
    When uriel mentions almost being run over by tauros Lea, Ema, and Moa all avoid eye contact and Lea and Moa whistle to themselves innocently

11. - Top - End - #1421

Opal shakes her head, "I'm not saying any of that, I can tell those aren't you, you're not a manipulator, you're not someone that wants to be handed anything on a silver platter, you're strong willed as well as physically strong. But you're also cynical, paranoid, stubborn, and impulsive at times," even more serious than before, this side of her was one Chimney had yet to see, no one had. There was no ready smile, no gentle glint in her eyes, what was there, was a spark of intelligence and a soft kindness to her voice despite what she was saying.

"You don't need to 'embrace' anything, you can very simply leave it as it is, as long as you don't try to ignore it or forget it. It's as much a part of you as your ability as a fighter," Opal says, "and I can call you by that name because it's as much a part of you as Chimney Sweeps. Before you were Chimney, you were Mary Poffins, yes, you don't want to be that person anymore, but that doesn't mean you can deny that Mary Poffins is still a part of Chimney Sweeps. And that's what I mean about denying who you are. I can't say exactly what you're denying, I'm not in your head, and if I was you'd never trust me."

Then Opal sighs, the shine seems to return to her as she seems to relax, "that artistic side of you is still there, the skill as a coordinator is still there, the perfectionist streak you displayed while helping me is still there. Yet they're all things from Mary Poffins, who you're trying to forget and get rid of. I assume, aside from using it to keep away from your mother, it was to try and forget Mary for good. What I'm saying is to not let yourself forget, you don't need to embrace it, you don't need to use it, as long as you don't try to suppress it," she looks sad as she speaks next, "You've already seen a part of myself I don't like, I never deny it's there, I know it is and I use it when I have to, but I try not to let it rule who I am. That's what I'm asking you to do. I can't force it, regardless what I may tell you, if you don't want to do it, I cannot force you."

"I'm trying to help, but if all you see is what you've seen since running away, it won't work. So think about what I've said," Opal says, "take your time with it, there's no real rush. I need to do some things before Drew gets here, and you'll probably want to be alone when thinking about this, or at least be away from me for a bit, I'm sure some things I've said won't go over well initially, or on a second thought," Opal stands up, "I'll see if there's any tea left, tea from a botanist and a grass elementalist is good and great for relieving stress," and with that, Opal walks back into the house, unless Chimney decides to say something, or otherwise stop her.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"**** it, sure, why not?" She says as she tries to focus on her shadow and wills it to slam the door. Her goal was to show it was her and to make a point at the same time by hopefully damaging the door.

Spoiler
    Show

Shadow Sneak- vs door
    (1d20)[12] vs 2
    (1d8+24)[29]

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

She smiled through his little talk, just nodding a bit. There were a lot of ways to look at a curse, but what it was more than anything else was a curse, and usually for a reason. This came even more to mind as she scratched her ear absentmindedly and addressed his other question. "That's a bit of a complicated question mister. Usually what I do at all is just fun. Even my important business is generally something I see as fun. Fun is a very important thing to have with life." Kara chuckled a little; to herself she almost sounded philosophic or wise.

"But I would guess you meant something more direct than that. Well I like walking and running. Anywhere really; down the street, through the grass, up a wall, across a roof." she added that list with a casual shrug. "Sometimes I also enjoy battling with Poochie: that's my Mightyena. On his own or beside him, compe...um, oh right, competetive fighting is fun too. And sometimes I find it funny to surprise or confuse people. Ema and Lea know what I mean there." She turned to grin at them as those 2 whistled innocently. Sounded like another story to learn sometime.
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew deadpans at the sight, almost rolling his eyes. He sighs and grabs a different spoon from the counter. "If that's the way you feel, than a duel to the death! If I win, you shall put the outfit on! If I lose..." He stops for a moment. "Ah... well, what do you want if I lose?"

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ettin in the Playground

Opal
    Chimney doesn't stop you and instead engages her eevelution companion in conversation while you leave for the moment.

Luna Claire
    didn't even scratch the paint that must be one hell of a door. Z lets you in a few moments after that. "heh heh sorry about that. I guess active and creative imaginations have a few down sides..." she says rubbing the back of her head.

Drew
    Gwen is surprised and she stops for a moment speechless as she has trouble processing how she can put on an outfit if she is dead before she remembers that in her mind you are an idiot at which point she busts out laughing. "*catch breath* very well enguard! and if I win..." she thinks for a moment before saying something strikingly heartfelt "... I want you to never stop not being scared of me." the towel clad maiden then puts her game face back on as she crosses spoons with you.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"You think?" Claire asked as she stepped inside. "Is the scythe done?" She asked.

17. - Top - End - #1427

Opal slips inside and goes over to Ema and Lea, "Drew should be here soon, would you mind if I had a look at the reanimation machine before he arrives?" she'd talk to Uriel and Edgar after she got Drew's fossil reanimated.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Oh?" he began with a rather bemused smile, though it was clear that he wouldn't be getting any more info on that little quip.

The young man was about to shift the conversation over to the young maiden's companion before his eyes spotted Opal slipping into the room, taking a chance to talk to the newly-realized lovers, and was reminding of one of the reasons why he had sought to speak with the scholar in the first place. "Oh Opal, that reminds me. I got my hands on a weird stone earlier today like the one Drew showed ya the other day. Mind giving it a look?" he inquired politely, ready to produce the stone if allowed, before briefly addressing Ema and Lea with his surprise.

"So you girls have an exotic garden, a fully decked out kitchen, and a fossil reanimation machine of all things up? Are there any other neat little tricks you ladies have hidden away in here?" he asked from both surprise and amusement.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ettin in the Playground

Luna Claire
    A smirk appears on Z's face and she snaps her fingers. Various well placed light in the warehouse come alive illuminating a bright shining vibrant and familiar red shape as it is slowly lowered unfolding from holsted to deployed mode as it does so. "Yeah I think so." she says confidently "As you requested she is weighed reinforced and balanced to the blueprints exact original specifications reusing as many of the original parts as possible"

Opal and Uriel
    "Yeah we are kinda awesome" Says Lea shamelessly "*sigh* its not as amazing as it sounds the kitchen is fairly modest compared to what I grew up with and we only came across a reanimation machine because Lea's parents are researchers, and she acted without thinking. It was a rather unnecessary response for acquiring a single fossil especially since neither of us know how to use it, but assuming we didn't get rid of the machine while cleaning since then then it would be in the breeding room directly below us you're free to look around for it if you wish" Says Ema deflating the hype.

20. - Top - End - #1430

Opal nods to the two, smiling, "I'll do that," she then addresses Uriel, "I'll look at it if you like. Though if it's a fossil as well it might be a good idea to come along with me. I have something to ask you in private anyway," she continues simply.

"Edgar," Opal calls to the trubbish, "I may need your help as well, if you wouldn't mind," she could also ask if he'd found anything out while they were there.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kara watched while they spoke with the appearance of politeness. However it didn't take long for her to get bored and want to think of something to do. Hey there's that other girl in the other room. She was pretty damn hot. And I haven't had a chance to get to know her yet... she thought mischievously subtly as she could moved to the room where she last was with Opal.

Walking slowly behind the girl a few steps, Kara cleared her throat to work her "innocent" voice, then spoke out to her. "Hey there! What'cha up to?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ettin in the Playground

Opal
    Edgar nods, sets down the photo's, and waves a goodbye to moa before following you

Kara
    You find the blonde girl sitting on a bench in the garden waving her hands and twisting her fingers in the general direction of the pink pokemon she travels with who is doing similar things with his ribbons for some reason. Whatever they are doing you recall seeing them doing it before in sinnoh. "Just talking with my friend.*adjusts glasses* Do you need something?"

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Claire reaches out to take the scythe and gives it a look over for anything different. She gives it a twirl and makes a few swings to check the balance and feel of the weapon.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kara shrugged and smiled, hands held behind her back. "Nah not anything in particular, but I got to meet and greet with the others, so I felt like it would be nice to meet you too. By the way, my name is Nelsa." She walked over to look down at where the two were sitting. "So that was you two talking? How does it work?"
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ettin in the Playground

Luna Claire
    Well its cleaner than the last time you saw it... and polished... and the paint's been freshened up...

I doesn't feel any different in terms of weight or balance.

Kara
    She raises an eyebrow at you "They just call me Chimney Sweep" She says clearly giving you an alias "And this is Steven" She adds gesturing to the pink pokemon "We were talking in sign language basically every pose and gesture with you hands mean a different word" She then explains making a few signs to demonstrate "Its an increasingly common thing to see I find it hard to believe there are people who haven't heard of it so did you grow up under a rock or are you playing dumb to try and make conversation?" She then adds in a mildly blunt fashion as steven curiously sniffs you prompting him to raise an eyebrow and tilt his head as if in confusion.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kara chuckled and shrugged. "Well neither. I just didn't take very much schooling. I might have seen people doing that before but this is the first time I've asked." She tried to imitate the signs Chimney did, probably just failing or accidentally insulting her, then gave up on it. "But I guess I am trying to make conversation. I just decided to ask about something I was honestly curious about, rather than ask about something I have no interest in. When both people actually have some sort of interest in a topic, doesn't that make the talking so much more fun?" She sat down on the bench and moved her tail back behind her by hand, keeping it out of the way.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Ettin in the Playground

Kara
    "Fair enough point." She comments before turning back to steven to resume communicating in sign language. "Was there more you wanted to know or did that satisfy your curiosity?"

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Oh? Sure thing Opal," he acquiesces in reply, pulling out the strange stone, "Still, might not be as good as it could be; but this place is still league's better than most spots I've been too, and unnecessary or not it's still a neat thin to have," he replies to Emma before excusing himself.

"So what do you make of it?" he inquieres curiously as he follows the pale-haired scholar.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Thanks, this will give me something to help protect myself while I try to figure out how to get the rest of my stuff." Claire says as she sheathes it and places it on her back.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kara shook her head, not having anything in particular to talk about. As things went to silence she regretted never being all that good at talking to people. Lying and tricking was easier than chatting. She leaned back on the bench and debated what else to do now, then whistled for Poochie to join her. Once there she casually patted his side while trying to think what might be interesting to do here.
    Show