New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 5: Egocentric Changeling Hive

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Ummmm, I should rephrase. So, is it some sort of big large jet engine that's mounted on the rear of the ship? (For science. You know.)
    I think it's more like...engines that provide power to propellers and other such devices. They might have some emergency experimental engine thing that's more like a jet engine, but for this tech level we're still looking at engine-powered propellers.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm imagining something akin to the engine rooms of the Titanic or some other old and monstrous steamship. A mess of gears, pistols, steam pipes, cogs, drive-shafts, turbines, and various other things that would love to chew a pony up and really ruin their day.

In other words, a horrible place to take Lucky.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    I'm imagining something akin to the engine rooms of the Titanic or some other old and monstrous steamship. A mess of gears, pistols, steam pipes, cogs, drive-shafts, turbines, and various other things that would love to chew a pony up and really ruin their day.

In other words, a horrible place to take Lucky.
    If Sandy and Lucky were ever both present in the engine room at the same time, the ship would either run at 3000% capacity or instantly explode.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

... *sends assassins that manages to get those two into that room*

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Speaking of. There's one more issue to take care of before we officially relaunch FWM after the time skip. The vamponies themselves.

How do you think the town should handle them, and as a side note, would anypony be interested in RP-ing them?
    Hmm... I might be able to play a sort of "harmless evil" vampire character. As for "how they're handled", do you mean the way their presence will be announced or ponies' reactions to them?
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of. There's one more issue to take care of before we officially relaunch FWM after the time skip. The vamponies themselves.

How do you think the town should handle them, and as a side note, would anypony be interested in RP-ing them?
    Moonlight will have extended the offer to take them to Canterlot, if that means anything. I doubt any of the civilians would have accepted, but the lot of them are still under Lunatic's protection, if unofficially. Perhaps something could be said for him and M pushing the idea that this does not mean a sentence of exile for any of them, to raise morale.

Taylor's gonna be pissed when he finds out Moonlight is pushing for the civilians to be house-trained and then released back into their lives, though.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Disgraced bastard daughter of a noblepony with a cowgirl aesthetic. Cold, ruthless and efficient. Beyond that, not really. I'm planning on writing a story about the last vampire and werewolf in the world, and i wanted to get some practice in on one of the characters. LS and HB are fun to write for, but they're also extremely easy to write for. Wanna push myself a bit.
    Aaaah. In that case you'd probably want to go with the Spectre group vampony thingamajig. Would you like a summary of events so far?

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Hmm... I might be able to play a sort of "harmless evil" vampire character. As for "how they're handled", do you mean the way their presence will be announced or ponies' reactions to them?
    Ponies reaction to them mostly, as well as how do you they'll be treated. Would they be re-accepted back, or treated with fear and suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    Moonlight will have extended the offer to take them to Canterlot, if that means anything. I doubt any of the civilians would have accepted, but the lot of them are still under Lunatic's protection, if unofficially. Perhaps something could be said for him and M pushing the idea that this does not mean a sentence of exile for any of them, to raise morale.

Taylor's gonna be pissed when he finds out Moonlight is pushing for the civilians to be house-trained and then released back into their lives, though.
    I see. Hm, I think a few might accept, actually. Not many, mind, but for quite a few, that would be tempting.
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-09-19 at 09:14 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Aaaah. In that case you'd probably want to go with the Spectre group vampony thingamajig. Would you like a summary of events so far?
    Yes please. Sorry to be a bother.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Ponies reaction to them mostly, as well as how do you they'll be treated. Would they be re-accepted back, or treated with fear and suspicion.
    It depends on how the Crew presents the case. If they're careful about it and get officials both on their side and in the know, they might be able to get the condition passed off as a magical curse created by a dark army terrorist. It's not like anyone aside from a conspiracy theorist would jump to 'vampire' right off the bat.

That said, if I were looking at a human population, you'd be getting a lot of 'othering' with the change in physical and possibly mental dynamics. But...ponies are naturally more kindhearted than humans are, so I'm willing to give the whole the benefit of the doubt. Most likely scenario: Those close to the afflicted will notice something off, but a vast majority will either ignore it because, hey their friends and family are back, or will simply accept the magic curse explanation. The worst of the worst might try and start a ruckus, but those individuals are likely to have been branded troublemakers in the first place.

So, yeah. My opinion. Not catastrophic, definitely strange, but absolutely manageable if the right cards are played. Which might actually include leaving Miss M out of the diplomatic affairs entirely. She doesn't seem to have the temperament that would make certain authority figures feel at ease. I do want these poor guys to get a happy ending both IC and OOC (Taylor, again, being the notable exception). However, we'll need a contingency argument against the Captain. At this point, his first (very reasonable) instinct may be to start conscripting these ludicrously strong, nigh-unkillable, night-hunting superbeings that used to be part of his citizenry.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes please. Sorry to be a bother.
    Benson, you're going to have to correct me if I get details wrong. It's been awhile, and I wasn't quite privy to all the details.

Essentially, there's this group of vamponies led by this BBEG, called Spectre. He was starting to kidnap the townsfolk to induct into his group. There was also a few other vamponies, not affliated with him, Miss M and Meadow(?), doing their stuff in the town, whom the Cirrus recruited to fight against this mysterious vampony group. (I think Miss M was once Spectre's master? Or Spectre killed their master? But anyway.)
    After a good old-fashioned adventure down to the crypts, they fought and killed Spectre, and freed everyone in his cabal from his direct control. But now the Cirrus has to deal with the refugees, and the civilians who were unwillingly converted.

And here we are.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

That might be a problem, because Sandy would be pushing for the same thing.

It depends on how the Crew presents the case. If they're careful about it and get officials both on their side and in the know, they might be able to get the condition passed off as a magical curse created by a dark army terrorist. It's not like anyone aside from a conspiracy theorist would jump to 'vampire' right off the bat.

That said, if I were looking at a human population, you'd be getting a lot of 'othering' with the change in physical and possibly mental dynamics. But...ponies are naturally more kindhearted than humans are, so I'm willing to give the whole the benefit of the doubt. Most likely scenario: Those close to the afflicted will notice something off, but a vast majority will either ignore it because, hey their friends and family are back, or will simply accept the magic curse explanation. The worst of the worst might try and start a ruckus, but those individuals are likely to have been branded troublemakers in the first place.

So, yeah. My opinion. Not catastrophic, definitely strange, but absolutely manageable if the right cards are played. Which might actually include leaving Miss M out of the diplomatic affairs entirely. She doesn't seem to have the temperament that would make certain authority figures feel at ease. I do want these poor guys to get a happy ending both IC and OOC (Taylor, again, being the notable exception). However, we'll need a contingency argument against the Captain. At this point, his first (very reasonable) instinct may be to start conscripting these ludicrously strong, nigh-unkillable, night-hunting superbeings that used to be part of his citizenry.
    Here's a thing to remember; we live in a world where magic is real, hydras and manticores and all manner of monsters are real, and friendship is literally a force capable of blasting villains into the moon. Plus, the Captain already knows about the vamponies' existence and their location.

I'm too tired at the moment to fully address this, will give more thoughts later. Something here doesn't sit right with me - and I wager it's a core assumption rather than any one detail - but I can't put my finger on it just yet. Gonna sleep on it.

EDIT: @Grif: The name you're looking for is Zephyr. Meadow was the vampony currently chilling with/feeding on Grills.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2014-09-19 at 11:39 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    That might be a problem, because Sandy would be pushing for the same thing.

Here's a thing to remember; we live in a world where magic is real, hydras and manticores and all manner of monsters are real, and friendship is literally a force capable of blasting villains into the moon. Plus, the Captain already knows about the vamponies' existence and their location.

I'm too tired at the moment to fully address this, will give more thoughts later. Something here doesn't sit right with me - and I wager it's a core assumption rather than any one detail - but I can't put my finger on it just yet. Gonna sleep on it.

EDIT: @Grif: The name you're looking for is Zephyr. Meadow was the vampony currently chilling with/feeding on Grills.
    1) The PONIES live in that world
    2) This world turned grimdark down the line, remember. At least darker than the canon MLP universe.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

1) The PONIES live in that world
    2) This world turned grimdark down the line, remember. At least darker than the canon MLP universe.
    Turned grimdark at the start of the Nightmare Moon debacle, actually.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Benson, you're going to have to correct me if I get details wrong. It's been awhile, and I wasn't quite privy to all the details.

Essentially, there's this group of vamponies led by this BBEG, called Spectre. He was starting to kidnap the townsfolk to induct into his group. There was also a few other vamponies, not affliated with him, Miss M and Meadow(?), doing their stuff in the town, whom the Cirrus recruited to fight against this mysterious vampony group. (I think Miss M was once Spectre's master? Or Spectre killed their master? But anyway.)
    After a good old-fashioned adventure down to the crypts, they fought and killed Spectre, and freed everyone in his cabal from his direct control. But now the Cirrus has to deal with the refugees, and the civilians who were unwillingly converted.

And here we are.
    Yes and no.

Spectre was the main guy for this scenario, he led his gang of unnaturally loyal brood to Bridle Shores to increase his numbers via kidnapped, killed, and then brought back as vamponies, unnaturally loyal to Spectre.

Spectre and Miss M are unrelated, different masters who sired them. Miss M and Zephyr were a pair, she sired him, brought him back from the dead, however you want to pull it. But yea, basically underground crypt romp. Spectre was killed, Zephyr died and Zippity Do (or something...I actually forgot her name, that is just what I think it is), another elite-ish vampony took her small brood and booked it. She had a partnership with Spectre, they were actually sired by the same vampony. However she saw his plan was going to fail so she was all like "Ciao, see ya loser" more or less.

aaaand yea.

Anyways, I actually have a fairly comprehensive list for the Bridle Shores residents turned vamponies, they are actually going to be off limits. However, the vamponies brought in by Spectre, his original brood are not all accounted for, so they up for grabs to play and make up their own history and personality.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Yes and no.

Spectre was the main guy for this scenario, he led his gang of unnaturally loyal brood to Bridle Shores to increase his numbers via kidnapped, killed, and then brought back as vamponies, unnaturally loyal to Spectre.

Spectre and Miss M are unrelated, different masters who sired them. Miss M and Zephyr were a pair, she sired him, brought him back from the dead, however you want to pull it. But yea, basically underground crypt romp. Spectre was killed, Zephyr died and Zippity Do (or something...I actually forgot her name, that is just what I think it is), another elite-ish vampony took her small brood and booked it. She had a partnership with Spectre, they were actually sired by the same vampony. However she saw his plan was going to fail so she was all like "Ciao, see ya loser" more or less.

aaaand yea.

Anyways, I actually have a fairly comprehensive list for the Bridle Shores residents turned vamponies, they are actually going to be off limits. However, the vamponies brought in by Spectre, his original brood are not all accounted for, so they up for grabs to play and make up their own history and personality.
    Good to know. Thanks for the clarification.

(Yes, I think it was Zippity Do as well. I assume she has no more part to do with the story?)

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Ohey Purity, should we wrap up our tavern scene in Cut? I think everyone said that needs to be said.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ohey Purity, should we wrap up our tavern scene in Cut? I think everyone said that needs to be said.
    Yeah, I suppose so. Things seem to be coming to a close there, and the players not involved in the conversation may be getting eager for action.

And while I'm here, might I ask how exactly the members of the infiltration mission were informed of their task? Did they have messengers tell them, or get notes, or something else?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I suppose so. Things seem to be coming to a close there, and the players not involved in the conversation may be getting eager for action.

And while I'm here, might I ask how exactly the members of the infiltration mission were informed of their task? Did they have messengers tell them, or get notes, or something else?
    Alrighty. We'll just close that one then.

As for the mission? Probably summoned to the captain's office. We can either do the actual briefing in the RP, or skip ahead to the mission (depending on whether or not Amish wants to play Capt'n.)

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alrighty. We'll just close that one then.

As for the mission? Probably summoned to the captain's office. We can either do the actual briefing in the RP, or skip ahead to the mission (depending on whether or not Amish wants to play Capt'n.)
    Yes, but summoned how exactly? I want to know what to write for when Night Jewel gets the message.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, but summoned how exactly? I want to know what to write for when Night Jewel gets the message.
    Messenger. Sorry.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

My supremely long-plot post was going to start en route to Rusty Falls. Should I break up the pieces between characters, or just wait?

Also, remember this?

"Then there are these." Moonlight sets a bag on the table. "To spread to the troops. If you want, I can go down the list of their properties."
    I intend to use that Chekov's gun for everything it's got.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

If you think that there's something to be said/discussed as the terms for the mission are being drawn up, then sure, a messenger's going to come for her. Otherwise, we could get away with just skipping to them on the road.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you think that there's something to be said/discussed as the terms for the mission are being drawn up, then sure, a messenger's going to come for her. Otherwise, we could get away with just skipping to them on the road.
    What I had in mind was just a little flavour scene beforehoof. Given her background, it's only natural that she'd be a little wary of the guards wanting to see her. After that, we can either skip to the mission or not depending on what other people want.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Firbolg in the Playground

What I had in mind was just a little flavour scene beforehoof. Given her background, it's only natural that she'd be a little wary of the guards wanting to see her. After that, we can either skip to the mission or not depending on what other people want.
    Would Staccata being a middle-mare help in this regard? Or would that just lead to even more questions about the situation?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Would Staccata being a middle-mare help in this regard? Or would that just lead to even more questions about the situation?
    Probably. She'd be better than most alternatives, at any rate.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Probably. She'd be better than most alternatives, at any rate.
    That sounds good. We can open up with that?

For Staccata, all she'd be told is that she'd need to fetch a certain Night Jewel and bring her to the Captain's office for an important mission.

EDIT: @Lycan

Lucky.
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-09-21 at 11:56 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Lucky.
    He didn't get that name for nothing.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lucky.
    Psh, you should have seen the stuff he survived in the Fallout: Equestria RP. This is a (painful) stroll in the park for him.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

He didn't get that name for nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Psh, you should have seen the stuff he survived in the Fallout: Equestria RP. This is a (painful) stroll in the park for him.
    I am somewhat both horrified and morbidly curious at the same time.

Also, Lycan, poke for Prose in Cut! as well, if you want him to interact with Tyrol or something. (Or someone else for that matter.)

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

On that note, poke at Purity or MCerberus for Game of Ponies.