New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1875
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Simple Q&A for Pathfinder 3: Find With a Vengeance

Q804 How does the semiautomatic rule from technology guide interact (or fail to interact) with Two-weapon fighting? May semiautomatic weapons not be used as such (making standard iterative attacks)?
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by boriss283 View Post
    Q803

Can u help me with Purple worm poison ?
    DC is 24. Frequency is 1/rd. for 6 rds. and cure is 2 Saver. So... for example i made succesfull attack with poisoned weapon and my enemy must make For save. If hes save is succesfull he takes str dmg ? and he must make second succesfull for save to cure poison totaly ? oO
    A803: Any save means that he doesn't take damage or ability damage from the poison. So, a save negates the ability damage. The cure just means that the poison is completely removed from his system prematurely.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Spamalot in the Playground

A801: Nothing to really do but eyeball it. Personally, rather than set a DC and say "You either succeed or fail to paint something" - I would instead use the Downtime rules and have the value of your check determine what the finished product is worth.

A802 clarification: What do you mean by "to discretion?"

A804: Sure they can, and it would work just like TWF + Rapid Shot works now.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-02-09 at 04:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    A802 clarification: What do you mean by "to discretion?"
    Oops, I did a very bad translaion... I meant "stealth".

Decreasing your size category by 1 augment your stealh by 4. So does using disguise to change your size category allow to benefit from this +4 bonus ?

5. - Top - End - #1505
    Banned

Q805
    About partys APL. There is 4 people in party 4 lvl. So their APL is 4. But i want to know, there is bonus APL for hight stats or something like this ? If players have stats on 38 or more points in Point buy sistem ?
    Q806
    About perception. For example there is 2 heroes and one rogue in stealth. the battle began. And one hero,after perception check, can see the Rogue, but second cant. Can First hero say to second hero about rogue ? What action is needed for this ? Second hero need to make another perception check and what bonuses to perception he will gane ? What action you need to talk in fight ?
    Q807
    can i make arrows from Crystalline ? How many it will cost ?
    Last edited by boriss283; 2015-02-10 at 08:58 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1506

A805: Your best bet is probably to treat the higher point buy as though the party was playing custom races with high racial stat bonuses. Mathematically this works out the same, and then you can use the guidelines in ARG 219 where the party's APL is higher at early levels then slowly comes down to normal as they climb to the 16-20 range where high stats make less of a difference.

A806: During combat (and assuming there are no illusions involved), this would likely require the Aid Another action from Warrior 1 and an active perception check (i.e. move action) from Warrior 2. Note that if the rogue is attacking them, the check should be very easy unless said rogue is invisible or otherwise magically obscured.

A807: This appears to be third party so you may have to make a ruling yourself or ask the author. As written, it seems each arrow would be 2.5gp (1gp = 10s for 20 arrows = 0.5 silver each * 50 = 25s = 2.5g).

Quote Originally Posted by Timy View Post
    Oops, I did a very bad translaion... I meant "stealth".

Decreasing your size category by 1 augment your stealh by 4. So does using disguise to change your size category allow to benefit from this +4 bonus ?
    No - it's just a disguise, your real size doesn't change, so you don't get any of the real benefits. (Your disguise would not, for instance, let you squeeze into a smaller opening than your minimum.)
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

7. - Top - End - #1507
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Roll some dice, make some stuff up!
    Current campaign: City of Progress Campaign Journal
    This guide!

A reading of notable information in The City of Progress, here.

8. - Top - End - #1508

A808: The creature they are inhabiting would indeed be treated as a zombie and take full damage. The swarm itself however is another matter and would require a DM ruling, because it is a living creature.

I would personally rule that the zombie takes full damage, and then you roll damage for the swarm separately (as a living creature) then it takes half of that.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

9. - Top - End - #1509
    Banned

Q809
    Question abot smoke arrows. For example enemy dont see me, because i am in steals and he failed perception check. I am attacking him with smoke arrow and after attack i am doing steal with -20 penalty as part of standart action. Can he make perception check in this moment, or he cant because he is in smoke ? If he cant, then he must go out from smoke and only after this make perception check (free perception check or using move action )?
    Q810
    I am archer or wizard, can i shut with my bow or use magic on enemy through square with my medium or large allie ?
    Q811
    Can i shut or see through 5 feet smoke square ?
    Q812
    I am using detect magic. Can i feel magic from magic items or pitions ?
    Q813
    I have potion. What check should i do to identify what potion doing ?
    Last edited by boriss283; 2015-02-11 at 09:40 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1510
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 814: if a character tries to cast command in a language target doesn't understand, would the target percieve it as a hostile action and/or be aware of being affected by magic?
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

11. - Top - End - #1511
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q815
    About spell materials. What means manipulate with material. Do I need spend action to take material into my hand? Can i manipulate with materials without hands ? I need 1 free hand for somatic spell component, can i manipulate with materials with this hand?
    Last edited by MizuDevil; 2015-02-12 at 03:08 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1512

Q809
    Question abot smoke arrows. For example enemy dont see me, because i am in steals and he failed perception check. I am attacking him with smoke arrow and after attack i am doing steal with -20 penalty as part of standart action. Can he make perception check in this moment, or he cant because he is in smoke ? If he cant, then he must go out from smoke and only after this make perception check (free perception check or using move action )?
    Q810
    I am archer or wizard, can i shut with my bow or use magic on enemy through square with my medium or large allie ?
    Q811
    Can i shut or see through 5 feet smoke square ?
    Q812
    I am using detect magic. Can i feel magic from magic items or pitions ?
    Q813
    I have potion. What check should i do to identify what potion doing ?
    A809a clarification: Stealthing immediately after your ranged attack requires the Snipe action under the Stealth skill, which is a move action. You cannot restealth "as part of your standard action."

A809b: Yes, he gets to make a Perception check when you attack him unless you somehow did so perfectly silently as well. Remember, Perception uses all 5 senses, not just sight, and the -20 to stealth when you attack even applies when you are invisible, so the fact that he can't see you because of the smoke does not mean he doesn't get a check. If he succeeds, he still won't be able to see you, but he will know what square the attack came from, or at a minimum he will know the direction the attack came from.

A809c: He gets a free perception check when you attack. On his turn, he can actively search for you using a move action while still inside the smoke, or he can step outside it. If you have no other source of cover or concealment, he will see you without needing a check. If you do, he will need to spend another move action actively searching for you in order to spot you once outside the smoke.

A810a: Yes, you can shoot past allies, though doing so will generally cause your enemies to benefit from soft cover (i.e. be harder to hit.) In addition, if the enemy is engaged in melee with your ally, you will take an additional -4 to hit unless you have Precise Shot.
    A810b: Yes, you can cast spells past allies. If the spell requires an attack roll (normal or touch), the same cover rules will apply as above.

A811: Yes, but your target will benefit from concealment. Anything more than 5ft. will grant total concealment and you won't be able to see or target your enemy.

A812: Yes, magic items (including potions) have a magic aura and caster level that you will be able to see as a glow. You do not "feel" the magic however (unless the item says otherwise) - you must be aiming your cone of vision at the item in question to see it. The longer you concentrate while looking at the item, the more information the spell will attempt to give you.

A813: Identifying any magic item (including potions) requires spellcraft. The DC is 15 + the level of the spell inside the bottle. In addition, for potions specifically you can attempt to taste it and determine its properties that way - this uses Perception rather than Spellcraft.

A814: For language-dependent spells, the saving throw comes before your attempt to give orders ("...even if the target fails its saving throw.") Thus, if they succeed at their save, they will feel the "hostile force or tingle" and know someone tried to do something to them. If they fail their save however, it's a DM call - this is one of the grey areas of the rules. I would say they don't notice the spell if they failed their save, but when you attempt to give orders and they hear gibberish, maybe they get a Spellcraft or Sense Motive at that point. Still, it's definitely not clear.

A815: No - the same free hand you need for the somatic component is also used to manipulate the materials. Retrieving components from the pouch takes no action at all, not even a free action, so it can be done in the middle of casting the spell no matter how fast the spell itself is.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

13. - Top - End - #1513
    Banned

Q816
    Preparing spell materials when i am grappled also requires no action ?
    Q817
    Calculating Clerics CR.
    For example there is 10 lvl cleric with NPC gold. That means he is 10 CR. But he has 10 skeletons with 10 lvl. Will this encrease encounters CR ?
    Monsters from summon monster spell also encrease encounters CR ? Summoners eidolon or wizards familiar also ?
    Q818
    There is table with actions. An there Prepare spell components to cast a spell requires free action. Ready action is standart action. That means i can walk as move action. After this prepare my spell components and as standart action "Ready" my spell ?

14. - Top - End - #1514

A816: You must already have the material component in hand in order to cast while grappled. It takes no action to use it if you do, but you must still have physically retrieved it. So when you're about to be grappled, it might be a good idea to retrieve the component you need.

A817: Generally summons do not increase CR, but that assumes the spellcaster used his actions during the fight to bring them out. If he has them out ahead of time, these are at a minimum favorable conditions for the spellcaster and so his CR will increase. For "permanent" creatures like animated undead that can't be quickly dispelled or banished, this even more important.

A818: Yes, you can use the Ready action to ready a spell (that takes no more than a standard action to cast.) You must specify the spell you plan to cast ahead of time, and the condition that will trigger you to cast it.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-02-12 at 09:51 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

15. - Top - End - #1515
    Banned

Q819
    If Clerics undeads or Summoners eidolon increse CR, then this increse players APL ? (and wizards familiar also will increase APL ?)

16. - Top - End - #1516

Q819
    If Clerics undeads or Summoners eidolon increse CR, then this increse players APL ? (and wizards familiar also will increase APL ?)
    A819: No, that only applies to Challenge Rating (i.e. to NPCs and monsters.) It does not apply to APL.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #1517
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    A819: No, that only applies to Challenge Rating (i.e. to NPCs and monsters.) It does not apply to APL.
    Q820
    But this looks pretty unfair. For example players cleric 10 lvl with 10 skeletons is APL 9. And he must fight with another 10 lvl cleric with 8 skeletons. And NPC cleric is 15 CR. If APL+3 is Epic encounter. Then this is Ultra epic encounter. But for players Cleric this will be pretty easy.
    Last edited by boriss283; 2015-02-12 at 10:40 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1518

Q820
    But this looks pretty unfair. For example players cleric 10 lvl with 10 skeletons is APL 9. And he must fight with another 10 lvl cleric with 8 skeletons. And NPC cleric is 15 CR. If APL+3 is Epic encounter. Then this is Ultra epic encounter. But for players Cleric this will be pretty easy.
    In your previous post you asked if an eidolon or familiar increases APL. They do not, because they are built-in class features. But animating a bunch of undead, or planar binding an outsider, or hiring a cohort, or something else that is not a class feature will affect the party's APL if it is strong or numerous enough.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #1519
    Banned

Q821
    If monster was prepared before encounter, then this increase CR. For example summoner, before fight, summoned 5 creatures. After this fight started, encounter started, then this will increase his CR? Because Animate dead, used before encounter, increase encounters CR.
    Last edited by boriss283; 2015-02-12 at 10:59 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1520

If an enemy starts a fight with a bunch of summons already on the field then yes, his CR will go up. It's really that simple.

We may have to make a separate thread to debate this if you like.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

21. - Top - End - #1521
    Banned

Q822
    For example i have 3 or 4 hands. Can i use two weapon fighting with 2 bows ? And what penalties i will have ?
    Q823
    There is way to cast animate dead faster or better ? (more dead at 1 cast).
    Q824
    If at encounters time one guy will release zombies or will call for help, this will increase CR or not ?
    Q825
    if someone activates a trap, will party take Xp for this ?
    Last edited by boriss283; 2015-02-12 at 03:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1522
    Troll in the Playground

Q 826

Are there rules for doing mathematical calculations (and how quickly they can be done) in PF?

23. - Top - End - #1523

A822: There is a Kasatha (1st-party 4-armed humanoid race) archetype that can do this called Bow Nomad. As for other four-armed beings, I'm not certain.

A823: Desecrate and similar effects give you more dead per casting, as does increasing your caster level.

A824: Generally, summoning during the encounter using a class ability (like a magic spell) will not impact the CR. If the monsters are just in the next room though then they would.

The reason is that if he uses a spell, he is still using his own resources (spell slots and actions) to bring in backup. Those are resources he could have used on something else, like a fireball or blasphemy. Thus they are already factored into his CR. Just remember that CR is not a perfect number (e.g. it does not account for the difference in power between different classes) but rather it's a starting point.

A825: That's up to the DM. I would say intentionally setting off a trap, and relying on your defenses to take the brunt of the effect so the party can get by, would be worthy of XP. Using a summon or projectile to set it off at a distance also would be. Setting it off accidentally though, probably not.

A826: None that I know of, this would probably be a GM consideration.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

24. - Top - End - #1524
    Orc in the Playground

Q827

If you have a fly speed of 5', does that mean by attempting to turn (spending 5' of movement) you can hover?

25. - Top - End - #1525

A827: No - it means you spend 5' of move to turn, you don't move because you have no movement left, and then you fail to maintain minimum forward speed and fall. You will either need to make the Fly check, or hover via another means (e.g. Perfect flight or levitation.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #1526
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q828
    About throwing objects. What damage i can do with small object or medium? Medium blade is medium object? If i want to try throw any one what check should i do? What damage will take throwed enemy ? If i throw one enermy in another enemy what damage they will take ? What objects can i throw?

27. - Top - End - #1527

A828: Throwing objects at people would use the Improvised Thrown Weapon rules. The range increment will generally be 10ft., and for the damage, you basically have to find a weapon on the table that is close to the thing you're throwing and use that. For instance, if I was throwing a chunk of sharp glass from a broken window at someone, or a jagged shard of rock, those would be similar to a dagger and probably do 1d4 slashing and piercing damage.

There are some abilities that make you better at throwing non-weapon objects like these, such as getting a giant's Rock Throwing ability.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #1528
    Ettin in the Playground

Q829
    Is there a formula or a table for how much XP is a monster with class levels worth?
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

29. - Top - End - #1529

A829: Yes - though keep in mind that monster advancement (which is basically a subset of monster design) is as much art as science, so these are guidelines rather than rigid laws. You can find them in Bestiary 1 starting on pg. 296, or read them here on the PRD. The tables are included as well.

Once you've figured out how to advance the monster with class levels and what the final CR should be, simply refer to the "XP and GP values by CR" table.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

30. - Top - End - #1530
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q830:
    Somewhere described stats for Gnoll and Lizardfolk characters, except Advanced Race guide?
    Is stats for Gnoll and Lizardfolk from Advanced Race guide usable for characters?

Q831:
    Do I apply 1.5 Str for Double Weapon damage? If no, what the reason to take it?