New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 53045464748495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 1875
  1. - Top - End - #1621
    Banned

Default Re: Simple Q&A for Pathfinder 3: Find With a Vengeance

Q873

Hello. I want to make melee Sorcerer/Dragon Disciple. But i don't know what weapon to select. So, there is ways for humal/elf/half-elf/half-orc to have permanent claws ? Or there is ways to have more round per day on claws from draconic bloodline ? Or what melee weapon you can advise me ?
    Last edited by boriss283; 2015-03-11 at 05:19 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1622
    Ogre in the Playground

Q874
    Abundant Ammunition reads as follows:
    When cast on a container such as a quiver or a pouch that contains nonmagical ammunition or shuriken (including masterwork ammunition or shuriken), at the start of each round this spell replaces any ammunition taken from the container the round before. The ammunition taken from the container the round before vanishes. If, after casting this spell, you cast a spell that enhances projectiles, such as align weapon or greater magic weapon, on the same container, all projectiles this spell conjures are affected by that spell.
    Is there anything stopping me from casting this spell on a container that has a single mundane arrow and a half dozen +5 Adamantine Arrows, then only using the strong magical arrows? Obviously RAI it doesn't work, but how about RAW.
    Last edited by Mithril Leaf; 2015-03-11 at 05:37 PM.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

3. - Top - End - #1623
    Spamalot in the Playground

A871 partial: Combat Patrol expands your threatened area - if an enemy leaves any of those squares (including leaving one by moving into another, then leaving that one to move into a third one) he will provoke multiple times, and so long as you are able to, you can take multiple AoOs as a result. Because it is your area that expands (rather than designating specific squares, the radius will move with you. I won't speak to the Warder portion however as I'm not that familiar with PoW yet.

A872a partial: Trollblood Elixir can be purchased much sooner than regenerate becomes available. I don't know of any spells though.

A872b: If you're not actually removing an extremity than that would just be considered normal damage/wounds.

A873: There are items, like Amulet of the Blooded and Robe of Arcane Heritage, that will let you treat your sorcerer level as higher than normal for the purposes of your bloodline powers - this will increase the time you can have your claws out. You can also boost your Charisma score. Finally, you can use spells (e.g. polymorph subschool) to gain claws as well. This should help you have claws all day if you need them. No matter how you gain claws, you would enhance them using items like an Amulet of Mighty Fists, a Body Wrap of Mighty Strikes, or a Greater Magic Fang spell.

This thread isn't really for build advice; however, I would advice against a weapon, since the vast majority of them are held in your hands and therefore will be mutually exclusive with your claws. Choose to focus either on claws or a weapon, not both. In addition, as a Dragon Disciple, forming your claws gives you a bite attack as well - this will also be enhanced by an Amulet of Mighty Fists.

EDIT:

A874: No, by RAW nothing is stopping you, but this is pretty obviously cheese. If you get it past your GM, go nuts.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-03-11 at 05:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #1624
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    A874: No, by RAW nothing is stopping you, but this is pretty obviously cheese. If you get it past your GM, go nuts.
    Quibble ensues: It specifies AFTER the spell in question is cast. Therefore, he would have to cast the spell, and then insert the ammunition.
    Last edited by Jurai; 2015-03-11 at 05:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

5. - Top - End - #1625
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Q875: Does Rage and Mutagen affect a fused Synthesist's stats?
    Last edited by AnonMD; 2015-03-11 at 06:19 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1626

A875: Yes - Synthesists start by replacing their physical stats with those of the eidolon, and then apply any bonuses. Rage, mutagen, bull's strength et al. are all bonuses. (Morale, alchemical, and enhancement respectively.)
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

7. - Top - End - #1627
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Q875a: If a Synthesist is affected by a Ragechemist's Mutagen, do they get the negative INT and Will saves when hit, or does the Eidolon?

8. - Top - End - #1628

A875a: You use your mental stats, so you would take the penalty. (A synthesist has no separate "eidolon" per se - if in fact the eidolon goes away while you're under the effect of a mutagen or any other bonus/penalty, those will generally transfer to your base form.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

9. - Top - End - #1629
    Banned

Q876
    Draconic bloodline and first claw power. Rounds per day is 3+charisma modifier? So sorcerers level is not effected on claws cuantity per day?

10. - Top - End - #1630
    Titan in the Playground

Q877 Other than the Hexcrafter Magus, are there any archetypes for a non-witch non-shaman that gain access to hexes?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

11. - Top - End - #1631

A876: Correct, your sorcerer level doesn't matter. (I think I made a mistake on answering this in another post.)

A877: I think it's just those three right now. Another class can deliver some hexes as poisons via Bottled Misfortune, but you still need a hex-using class to set it up.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #1632
    Banned

Q878

Can you say me low level spells to grow claws for sorcerrer ? Because 3+char modifiers round per day claws is not enought. Oo

13. - Top - End - #1633

A878: Alter Self at 2nd level can let you transform into various humanoids with claws, e.g. a Troglodyte.

At 1st-level, you can get claws from your face, e.g. being a Catfolk or Tiefing. Alternatively you can use Stone Fist to punch with if you run out of claw rounds for the day, and just retrain that spell later.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #1634
    Barbarian in the Playground

Q879

Does fast movement from a gestalt barbarian/martial artist monk stack? As well as the natural armor bonus from monk along with the savage barbarian archetype bonus? Can said gestalt rage and flurry together?

Sorry for so many questions, lumped them together since they're related.

15. - Top - End - #1635

There are no gestalt rules for Pathfinder, so your GM will have to figure some things out for you. For example, assuming you're using the 3.5 gestalt rules, keep in mind this line:

Class features that two classes share (such as uncanny dodge) accrue at the rate of the faster class.
    With that, your questions:

A879a: If you multiclassed, the speed boost would stack, because the monk's is enhancement while the barbarian's is untyped. However, both class features are called "Fast Movement (Ex)" which by the 3.5 gestalt rules above would mean you only get the monk version. Talk with your GM about that one.

A879b: Yes, they'd stack - Monk doesn't get natural armor, their AC bonus is untyped, so there's no chance of overlap here at all. Or is there an archetype that gets natural armor you were wondering about, like Ironskin Monk?

A879c: Yes, you can combine rage and flurry, they are unrelated and both are free actions.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-03-12 at 01:53 PM. Reason: typo
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #1636

I'll clarify.

Naked Courage (Ex)

At 3rd level, the savage barbarian gains a +1 dodge bonus to AC and a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against fear when wearing no armor (shields are allowed). This bonus increases by +1 for every six levels after 3rd.

I was wondering if this barbarian archetype ability had any issues with the monk's ac bonus as it levels? I'd also assume, you only get the favored class bonus from one of the classes preferably the base one?

17. - Top - End - #1637
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfPirate

Q880

Is taking the Eldritch Heritage (Arcane) feat to get a familiar sufficient to qualify for the Evolved Familiar feat?

18. - Top - End - #1638

A880: Yes - unlike Improved Familiar, the benefits of Evolved Familiar don't depend on a CL you don't have, so you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowscale View Post
    I'll clarify.

Naked Courage (Ex)

At 3rd level, the savage barbarian gains a +1 dodge bonus to AC and a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against fear when wearing no armor (shields are allowed). This bonus increases by +1 for every six levels after 3rd.

I was wondering if this barbarian archetype ability had any issues with the monk's ac bonus as it levels? I'd also assume, you only get the favored class bonus from one of the classes preferably the base one?
    No issues - no other class (to my knowledge) has a "Naked Courage" ability, so you won't get gestalt overlap there, and dodge bonuses always stack, so you're fine there too. Ergo, the AC bonus will stack.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #1639

Q880 are there any ways for a pure orc to appear human by RAW at 1-3 level? I know half orc has the disguise kit, but I don't think it transfers.

20. - Top - End - #1640

A880: The easy way (aside from magic) is the Disguise skill. You'll want to get it as a class skill for the untyped bonus - a trait like Ugly Swine can help here. This is a racial trait (goblin), but you can pick that up via Adopted, netting you a +5 to disguise checks; just refluff it. Another one is Almost Human, a half-orc racial trait. This gives you +4 but unfortunately does not make it a class skill, however if you're having trouble refluffing US this is an option. A third option is Keeper of the Veil - it's a smaller bonus, and competence as opposed to trait, but this one will also make Disguise a class skill.

After you can afford a Hat of Disguise, just retrain all of it away.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-03-12 at 10:14 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

21. - Top - End - #1641
    Ogre in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Q881

I think I once saw a feat that lets you get a bonus attack when you successfully demoralize someone (or maybe it was a class feature). Can someone point me in the right direction?

22. - Top - End - #1642
    Titan in the Playground

A881 Hurtful.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

23. - Top - End - #1643
    Banned

Q882
    Hello. Can u help me find this guides https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...OAryq2qcE/edit last 3 links ? (Eidolon,spells,Build page)

24. - Top - End - #1644

A882: That guide looks like it is in progress - those links do not exist yet because Tark is not finished making it.

He posts here in the Playground sometimes - you may want to send him a private message.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #1645
    Firbolg in the Playground

Q883 In 3.5e there was a rule that said you can't bull-rush creatures if they are too large compared to you, was this rule removed in PF?
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

26. - Top - End - #1646
    Titan in the Playground

A883 Softened somewhat:

You can make a bull rush as a standard action or as part of a charge, in place of the melee attack. You can only bull rush an opponent who is no more than one size category larger than you.
    Source: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/c...html#bull-rush
    Last edited by Spore; 2015-03-14 at 08:51 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1647
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    C883 ugh... don't know why I wrote bull-rush. Damn my tired brain.

Q884 In 3.5e there was a rule that said you can't grapple creatures if they are too large compared to you, was this rule removed in PF?
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

28. - Top - End - #1648

A884: Grapple has no size limit in PF (other than the practical size limits of your physical stats and those of the target.) The Grab ability does have a size limit however, and this is generally the most practical way of initiating a grapple. Note that, unlike 3.5, you also do not share their space.

Grapple in PF is restraining your opponent - it isn't necessarily full-on wrasslin' the way it was fluffed in 3.5. Thing of it more as locking their appendages or extremities for smaller grappling larger.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #1649

Q885
    Can a full orc use all the half orc magical and mundane exclusives from the ARG due to them both being considered orcs due to orc blood?

30. - Top - End - #1650

A885: Generally it's a one-way street; traits, feats and favored class bonuses that specify "half-orc", for instance, would only be available to half-orcs, but any that say "orc" would be open to both races.

In general, if a rules element says "half-X" - only the half-X gets it. But if something says "X" - both X and Half-X get it. (Humans/Half-X with Racial Heritage meanwhile get nearly everything.)

What specifically are you after? There may be another way to obtain it.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy