New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside 58

1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 58

[SHEOL, Inc.]

A vixen comes in, dressed casually, and looks around. She spots Certain talking to the imp receptionist, and politely waits her turn.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-06-07 at 05:55 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

[SHEOL Inc. Inside HQ]

"Not sure. You will have to ask our procurement director of the details. His office is at the third door to the left." The imp points into the corridor next to his desk.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

[SHEOL Inc. Inside HQ]

Certain nods and says, "Thank you," before heading down the corridor, up to the third floor, and, after taking a moment to find the director's office, knocking and waiting to be invited in.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

[SHEOL, inc]

Seeing the other person leave, the vixen steps up to the desk and greets the imp cheerfully.

Hi! I read you were looking for people to pose for a calendar.

5. - Top - End - #125

[SHEOL, inc]

"We are." The imp replies. "I've been told to direct everyone wanting to pose to the communication director. She will give you further instructions." He gestures at the corridor to his side. "Fourth door to the left."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

[SHEOL Inc. Inside HQ]

"Come in." A voice replies. When she opens the door, she'll be greeted to the man it belongs to. He is a tiefling wearing an expensive suit and seated behind a large desk. "How can I help you today?" He asks as he gestures toward the chair opposite him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Yeah, if we didn't know anything about Pokemon, we wouldn't exactly deserve to be trainers now, would we?
    Agatha points out
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Pokémon Park]

"OK, I'm sorry. I just started my jorney and my father keeps saying, be friendly and helpful." Vis replies to Becca.
    "And your right," he says to Agatha "but it's quiet possible trainer don't know everythign about every Pokemon."
    [Pokémon Park]

"Pfft, I know everything I need to know." Becca replies, brimming with confidence. Who's this guy to tell her she doesn't know stuff anyway?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [SHEOL Inc. Inside HQ]

"Come in." A voice replies. When she opens the door, she'll be greeted to the man it belongs to. He is a tiefling wearing an expensive suit and seated behind a large desk. "How can I help you today?" He asks as he gestures toward the chair opposite him.
    [SHEOL Inc. Inside HQ-3rd Floor]

Certain sits and says, "The imp at the front desk told me that you were the person to talk to about employment opportunities?"

8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground

[SHEOL, Inc.: Calendar Model Application]

The vixen nods

Thanks!

and she heads to the indicated door and knocks politely.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Firbolg in the Playground

[SHEOL Inc.]

A new visitor approaches the office. She's dressed all in crimson red, robes and a hood, but otherwise seems to be a pale-skinned human with black eyes.

She approaches the receptionist, and says, in a quavering voice, "I'm here about the calendar...?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [SHEOL Inc. Inside HQ]

[Pokémon Park]

"Pfft, I know everything I need to know." Becca replies, brimming with confidence. Who's this guy to tell her she doesn't know stuff anyway?
    Agatha once again is silent, watching the two interact!

Sheol Inc. inside HQ

A narwhal with a monacle in a tuxedo top with copious amounts of paper money speared on his horn and a gold necklace round his neck, a pocketwatch in his pocket, enters.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

11. - Top - End - #131

[Pokémon Park]

Well, he doesn't tell her she doesn't know. It's more like she might not know since they already end up in an explosion. And to be true 719 Pokemon to know is hard right?
    Well, Vis just can't understand why that made the woman so mad, but he thinks it's best to leave that.

"As said I'm sorry. My name is Vis." he introduces himself.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #132

[SHEOL Inc.]

The imp looks up from the tome it placed on the desk. "Of course. But our directors are busy at the moment, why don't you answer this survey while you wait here?" The imp then hands over a pamphlet with a few questions regarding the photoshot. "The same goes for you, please answer these questions and they will be with you in a bit." The imp states as he holds out the pamphlet for the narwhal to take. This is of course if the narwhal is here for a photoshot.

1. I percive myself as...
    2. The theme I would prefer for this photoshot is...
    3. I would make a good model since...
    4. I'm doing this since I...
    [SHEOL Communication Office]

"Come on in." A female voice invites the Vixen inside. If she opens the door she will find a tall horned black skinned woman in a business suit. "Hello there miss, I assume you're here for the photoshoot?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-06-08 at 04:58 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [SHEOL Inc. Inside HQ-3rd Floor]

Certain sits and says, "The imp at the front desk told me that you were the person to talk to about employment opportunities?"
    [SHEOL Inc. Inside HQ]

((Third door, not third floor. ))

"Ah, I see. One moment." The tiefling takes a look at his computer. "My name is Darrian, by the way. So I have the information you gave at the front desk. Researcher, scholar, and powerful mage is it?" He's doubtful about the third point, if only because it's a descriptor she applied to herself. "As you can guess, I take care of the acquisition of goods and related tasks. I may have a job that you can do for us. One moment."

Darrian wheels his chair over to a filing cabinet and and sorts through it. He comes back a moment later with a paper in hand. He skims over it briefly before speaking up again. "Yes, one of our clients has requested we get them a copy of the Necronomicon. I'd advice starting your search at Abrajin's Library."

[Pokémon Park]

Becca sighs. Ugh, why do people keep bothering her when she's trying to catch a Heracross?! "Becca. We're kind of busy." She says, not any more friendly than before.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2014-06-08 at 09:00 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

[SHEOL Inc. Inside HQ]

Certain smirks at the man's incredulity, but at the request for the Necronimocon, she nods and says, "Hmm...Would an Arabic copy be okay? Or does he want Latin, Greek, or the Dee version?"
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-06-08 at 08:40 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

[SHEOL Inc. - Darrian's Office]

"She wasn't specific, so I would assume any of the above. Get it back here with your sanity intact and your payment will be waiting for you." Darrian pulls a form from his desk and slides it over to her with a pen. "Sign this, please. It's just a standard contract. And you should keep this on you." He produces another sheet of paper. "This simply confirms that your work is MERC approved through SHEOL Inc., if it comes up."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2014-06-08 at 08:48 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

[SHEOL Inc. - Darrian's Office]

Certain nods, and says, "Hmm...I know the place. And I'm not giving up my copy. I will be back in a bit." And, with that, Certain snaps her fingers and disappears with a *pop*

[Abrajin's Library]

And then she reappears as close as she can to the entryway of Abrajin's library,

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Quarantine]

"We'll start as soon as Varienne is certain you're fit for action," says the Executive. He takes the bottle of what-have-you and holds it up. The strange man would be eyeing it if he had any eyes. "In the mean time, you should continue to take whatever medicine this young lady provides for you." He tosses the bottle at Garrett, a short, graceful underhand. "From Io, I believe it was, Miss Varienne." Oh.

Varienne tries to smother her embarrassment. "Yes, sir. Thank you sir." This is not helping the hardass image she was trying to build up for Garrett.

A hint of amusement dilutes the crisp monotone the Executive has used so far. "Keep an eye on her for me, Garrett." With that, he takes one step backwards, the door opening even as he moves, and an instant later he is gone.
    Medicine? Or was he making a joke at the booze's expense? Garrett barely noticed Varienne's embarassment, so used to using empathy to read people that his ability to notice them via other senses is greatly diminished. That, and he's got more important things on his mind, like his new employer creeping the everliving crap out of him.

"Is he normally like that?'
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"Come on in." A female voice invites the Vixen inside. If she opens the door she will find a tall horned black skinned woman in a business suit. "Hello there miss, I assume you're here for the photoshoot?"
    The Vixen nods

That's right! One of my friends saw the advertisement on the Wall.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-06-08 at 12:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139

"That's the right attitude! First step towards greatness is confidence and assertiveness. Just gonna ask a couple of questions before we can start taking photos. Just a bit about yourself which might just get into the calendar with your permission, is that alright?" The woman asks. "I'm Dys by the way." She stands up and offers her hand.

[SHEOL Inc. Inside HQ]

The imp coughs and looks at the crimson red woman. "Looks like you can enter now. It's the third door to the left, at the procurement directors office."

20. - Top - End - #140

[SHEOL Inc. Inside HQ]

The imp coughs and looks at the crimson red woman. "Looks like you can enter now. It's the third door to the left, at the procurement directors office."
    The woman nods, still looking at the few questions on the pamphlet, and heads down the hall, heading straight through the door if it's open, trying to open it if not, and knocking if it does not open.
    "Hello. Here about the photoshoot." She gives a quick smile to whoever the procurement director probably is.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

[SHEOL Inc. Inside HQ]

And the director is, of course, Darian the tiefling. "Ah yes, I was told I'd be meeting with some of you today. Come in, take a seat." He gestures to the chair across from him. "So you want to model in our calendar, hm?"

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

SHEOL, Inc- Calenders

A drider arrives outside, with a red, chitinous spider body below the dark red, almost black, skin of her drow torso. Her hair is pale blonde, and her eyes are black with no visible iris or sclera.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

23. - Top - End - #143

[SHEOL Inc. Inside HQ]

Who else would it be?
    "Yes. I thought I might fit the theme acceptably."
    She takes a seat in the offered chair and lifts her right hand, where a small flame is burning in her palm.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

[SHEOL Inc. Inside HQ]

Darrian chuckles. "Well then, I think you just might." He gives her a wink. "I take it you've seen the pamphlet, though. That makes my job easier. Why don't you answer those questions for me?"

25. - Top - End - #145

[SHEOL Inc.]

A nod, and a tight-lipped smile at the wink. The woman, who I'm just going to refer to by name, Skye, closes her hand and puts the flame out.
    "Okay. I perceive myself as, literally, I'm a wolf, but some other adjectives include Sith, woman, scientist. What are you looking for exactly?
    The theme I would prefer for this photoshot is...something I would expect the photographer to decide, but I like the first month of summer, and if it could reflect simplicity somehow, would be well.
    I would make a good model since I'm here applying, and there are a lot of people here who aren't as human as they look at first.
    I'm doing this since I can, and think how people interact with photographs is, ah, interesting."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #146
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Abrajin's Library]

And then she reappears as close as she can to the entryway of Abrajin's library,
    Obviously teleporting into the library proper won't fly.

People have tried it before, teleporting in without a library card.

Abrajin responded by moving the library and leaving the trespasser behind.

But teleporting to the quaint little front in the Nexus is certainly easy enough! Just as easy as walking inside.

Getting a book though?

Actually getting a book from the library is pretty easy, too. Provided you don't mind what the book is about. Getting a specific book from the library is something of an epic quest all on its own.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

"That's the right attitude! First step towards greatness is confidence and assertiveness. Just gonna ask a couple of questions before we can start taking photos. Just a bit about yourself which might just get into the calendar with your permission, is that alright?" The woman asks. "I'm Dys by the way." She stands up and offers her hand.
    [/COLOR]
    The vixen grins broadly and takes the offered hand before shaking it warmly

My name is Katrina: and of course! I wouldn't expect anything less.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

[SHEOL Inc. - With Darrian]

"Okay, that's great, thank you. We just use this information to figure out the set for the shot and to get a sense of your character." Darrian writes that all down. "Now I don't suppose you'd happen to have any shots of previous modelling? Preferably fitting our swimsuit theme."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2014-06-08 at 06:22 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149

The Contractor
    [Arkham Street]

Reality neatly cuts itself in the middle of the street, opening in a diamond-shaped gateway, revealing the stars and galaxies far away. from this rift, a man, or rather a shape of a man steps forth onto the street. The surrouning inhabitants flee or freeze in absolute terror from this otherworldly phenomenon taking place in front of their eyes. The man-shaped thing calmly walked onto the street, the planar rift closing and sealing itself as neatly as it had first opened. The creature standing in the street, took a look at its surroundings, seemingly observing the minute details of the architecture of the district with its non-existent face. The creature took a moment to tighten his tie and dust off his business suit before heading down the street.
    Spoiler
    Show

As the creature walked, it brought its hand close to his non-face and an arcane display of lights, symbols and colors appeared. It continued walking along the street, people avoiding the thing. After some time, the creature nodded and the display dispersed itself, the arcane dust floating off into the air and disappearing.
    Avatar by Ceika, she's awesome, she deserves your cookies.
    old avatar
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150

[Arkham Street]

To be fair, the folk of Arkham Street are rather accustomed to... unusual visitors. Or unusual inhabitants. Or just unusual things in general that may or may not turn the ration mind of any mere mortal into a soupy slurry given excessive scrutinization. And as a result of all this they have rather wisely learned to keep their distance.

Which they are.

Mostly.

One isn't.

Though the one in question is a bit out of the norm. Anyone who happens to be able to notice things perpendicular to reality would find that this one stands our rather glaringly from all the other Flatlanders scurrying about whilst dutifully ignoring the horrifying gulfs of reality that extends in unseen directions beyond their senses. But to the unenlightened observer? Why, he's nothing but another human with a skin tone several shades darker than the genteel New England norm of the Street. Also dressed a bit out of place. Certainly not in the correct period garb. But that fact isn't terribly unusual for Inside. People intermingle between streets all the time and a fellow in modern jacket and jeans amongst all the 1920s style ensembles isn't that weird.

That one, as it happens, is Divaonar. And totally-normal-you-suspect-nothing twenty something is trailing the man-shaped being in a not altogether successful attempt to be stealthy. He could probably learn a thing or two from his sister.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.