New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [RailITP] Academy City FFRP IC I

Academy City. Home to over two point three million people, eighty percent of which make up the student population that attends the city's many schools, academies, institutions and colleges. A state of the art city over thirty years ahead of it's time, almost entirely devoted to the study of psychic phenomena that has been discovered. The entire city is filled with tall windmills, used to power the city at all times, small trash can-like maintenance security robots traveling about the city in order to keep it as orderly and clean as they can manage.

Dangerous gangs of delinquents known as Skill Outs prowl where they can find easy prey, hot-headed espers challenge one another to bouts in bids to determine who is the strongest among them, and to top it all off...it was the middle of winter. The air is crisp and chill enough that one can see their own breath billowing in front of them, with the occasional snow flurry to give a bout of childish wonder at the sight of this bizarre city with a snowy mantle briefly thrown over it.

Today is a day like any other, the chimes ringing all across the city as classes let out for the day, the sudden rush of students flooding the streets from myriad different buildings out unto the chilly streets. Now was the time for the thousands of students within Academy City to seek their own fortunes and distractions....
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-04-01 at 10:41 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [RailITP] Academy City FFRP IC I

Near Tokiwadai Middle School

A slightly attractive, slender girl about 15 years old with black hair falling down to the small of her back, fair skin, and an inquisitive brown eye (her right eye, or at least where it would reside, is covered by a white eye patch) leans on a tree, reading a book titled I, Robot, which appears to be in French.
    She wears the Tokiwadai winter uniform, accessorized with a beret, black boots, glasses, and black gloves.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Mop

From behind the tall tree that the well-dressed student leans against emerges another young woman, slightly older, and far less elegant as she steps just into the former's point of view. She leans down, tilting her head so her mess of red hair can be seen hanging down at the ground, barely held up by a ragged bandana, while her catching eyes peer at the student in the space between her torso and the book. "Heya." She greets with an easy smile, and gives a wave with her gloved hand. "I'm here to clean the tree." She gives a demonstrative waggle of her gardening gloves. "Just thought I'd tell you. You can keep reading, but I can't promise I won't fall on you." Her smile widens a little, just in case the joke isn't clear enough.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2014-04-03 at 04:45 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

cool Re: [RailITP] Academy City FFRP IC I

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Mop

From behind the tall tree that the well-dressed student leans against emerges another young woman, slightly older, and far less elegant as she steps just into the former's point of view. She leans down, tilting her head so her mess of red hair can be seen hanging down at the ground, barely held up by a ragged bandana, while her catching eyes peer at the student in the space between her torso and the book. "Heya." She greets with an easy smile, and gives a wave with her gloved hand. "I'm here to clean the tree." She gives a demonstrative waggle of her gardening gloves. "Just thought I'd tell you. You can keep reading, but I can't promise I won't fall on you." Her smile widens a little, just in case the joke isn't clear enough.
    Shanelle, surprised, jumps. Figuratively. The girl turns to face her, her eyepatch noticeable.
    Oh, um, hello.
    She replies shyly. She has French accent.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

5. - Top - End - #5

Mop & Shanelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Shanelle, surprised, jumps. Figuratively. The girl turns to face her, her eyepatch noticeable.
    Oh, um, hello.
    She replies shyly. She has French accent.
    Mop stands back up to her full, wiry height as Shanelle addresses her properly. "Hello." She says again, still smiling. Her voice has a very faint Russian accent, although it's scarcely noticeable. "What's the book?" She asks, moving a bit closer to the tree and running a hand across its bark, searching for a good foothold to start her journey up. "If it's enough to let me sneak up on you, it must be good."
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2014-04-03 at 05:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Mop & Shanelle

Mop stands back up to her full, wiry height as Shanelle addresses her properly. "Hello." She says again, still smiling. Her voice has a very faint Russian accent, although it's scarcely noticeable. "What's the book?" She asks, moving a bit closer to the tree and running a hand across its bark, searching for a good foothold to start her journey up. "If it's enough to let me sneak up on you, it must be good."
    I, Robot. It's science fiction. My favorite book, actually.
    Shantelle replies, smiling slightly at the woman.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Mop & Shanelle
    I, Robot. It's science fiction. My favorite book, actually.
    Shantelle replies, smiling slightly at the woman.
    "Oh, I love a bit of science fiction, me." Mop says, flashing Shanelle a grin before she grips onto the trunk of the tree and hops upward, jamming her foot into a lumpy piece of bark and hanging onto it with one hand loosely gripping a branch. She leans back, hanging off of the tree to meet the shy girl's eyes again. "Robots, lasers, existential philosophy, aliens with three breasts...what's not to love?"

8. - Top - End - #8

Mop & Shanelle
    "Oh, I love a bit of science fiction, me." Mop says, flashing Shanelle a grin before she grips onto the trunk of the tree and hops upward, jamming her foot into a lumpy piece of bark and hanging onto it with one hand loosely gripping a branch. She leans back, hanging off of the tree to meet the shy girl's eyes again. "Robots, lasers, existential philosophy, aliens with three breasts...what's not to love?"
    Exactly!
    Shanelle exclaims, smiling broadly up at her.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #9

Mop & Shanelle
    Exactly!
    Shanelle exclaims, smiling broadly up at her.
    Mop returns the wide smile, a slight twinkle in her eye. "Do you read a lot?" She asks, occupying the student while she pulls herself up to the first largest branch, hopping up on it and picking up the various pieces of detritus strewn about the branches. "Or, even better. Are there any books you've got your eye on?"

10. - Top - End - #10

Mop & Shanelle
    Mop returns the wide smile, a slight twinkle in her eye. "Do you read a lot?" She asks, occupying the student while she pulls herself up to the first largest branch, hopping up on it and picking up the various pieces of detritus strewn about the branches. "Or, even better. Are there any books you've got your eye on?"
    Yep! I've read tons of books, actually. Not currently, no.
    She replies, closing the book.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

"I hate this time of year."

So spoke Ishimaru Moroe as she stared out of a frosty classroom window. Winter was by far her least favourite season. It had bad sniping visibility, poor footing for chases, and cold which played havoc with her cheaper guns. The green-eyed girl turned from the window and paced back across the classroom, which she had almost to herself. All her fellow students had (as always) stampeded as soon as the bell rang; All, that is, except one. Moroe looked over at the boy who stood calmly by her side.

"Come on, Hajime. The stampede should have subsided by now."

A redundant command if ever there was one. Even if she hadn't said anything, Hajime would have followed; He always did. When exactly had she start liking that persistence? In the beginning, his constant attention had been a teeth-grinding annoyance. But now it was...comforting. Slinging her bag over one shoulder, Moroe left the room. Hopefully the snow would have subsided a bit by the time they reached the entrance.

12. - Top - End - #12

Mop & Shanelle
    Yep! I've read tons of books, actually. Not currently, no.
    She replies, closing the book.
    "What are you doing beneath the tree?" Mop asks, as the conversation about books seems to come to a swift end and she scales a little higher, packing the trash into a satchel attached to her belt. "Waiting for somebody?"

13. - Top - End - #13

- - - Updated - - -

Mop & Shanelle
    "What are you doing beneath the tree?" Mop asks, as the conversation about books seems to come to a swift end and she scales a little higher, packing the trash into a satchel attached to her belt. "Waiting for somebody?"
    No... just reading.
    Shanelle replies to her, slightly embarrassed.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-04-03 at 05:36 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Mop & Shanelle
    No... just reading.
    Shanelle replies to her, slightly embarrassed.
    "Do you enjoy nature?" A few moments pass after Mop asks the question, grabbing the last bottle somebody tossed into the branches and sitting on the edge of the lowest one. She peers down at the blushing student, scooting along the branch until she's far away enough for there to be a space between her and the trunk.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2014-04-03 at 05:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Mop & Shanelle
    "Do you enjoy nature?" A few moments pass after Mop asks the question, grabbing the last bottle somebody tossed into the branches and sitting on the edge of the lowest one. She peers down at the blushing student, scooting along the branch until she's far away enough for there to be a space between her and the trunk.
    Kinda.
    She replies verbosely, watching the rest of the students pass by, leaving the school.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Mop & Shanelle
    Kinda.
    She replies verbosely, watching the rest of the students pass by, leaving the school.
    Mop pats her satchel and makes sure that it's firmly sealed as she hops down from the branch and lands a short ways away from the terse student. Dusting off the leaves that have been strewn about her clothing"That's my job done. If you don't want to go back to reading, would you like to head somewhere with me? I know all the best places in the city, and we can find something new to enjoy." She looks over her gardening attire and flashes another smile. "And I'll get changed. Unless you're into the fell-out-of-a-tree look."

17. - Top - End - #17

Mop & Shanelle
    Mop pats her satchel and makes sure that it's firmly sealed as she hops down from the branch and lands a short ways away from the terse student. Dusting off the leaves that have been strewn about her clothing"That's my job done. If you don't want to go back to reading, would you like to head somewhere with me? I know all the best places in the city, and we can find something new to enjoy." She looks over her gardening attire and flashes another smile. "And I'll get changed. Unless you're into the fell-out-of-a-tree look."
    Sure, why not?
    Shantelle replies, smiling at her and chuckling.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #18

Mop & Shanelle
    Sure, why not?
    Shantelle replies, smiling at her and chuckling.
    Mop raises both of her eyebrows briefly and grins even wider at the laughter from Shanelle. "Grand. I'll be back in a few moments." She promises, looking over at the swarm of students and cricking her neck before she jogs over to them and uses their gathered mass to conceal herself in the crowd. With a few missteps that almost end up with her getting trampled, she stealthily ducks behind a corner of the nearby building and stands beside the shuttered window after looking out for anybody watching. The coast is clear. For just a moment, the window lights up and reveals a lady's bathroom. Standing on the other side of the window is...Mop, the original, carrying a bag of spare clothes. Mop waits for the duplicate to swiftly change out of her gardener's outfit, using the bushes to conceal herself just in case somebody looks around. She tosses the clothes through the portal and takes the fresh clothes out of it a moment before it disappears. She spends a few moments tugging on the sweater, skinny jeans, and sneakers, as well as a stylish hat, after running her hair through with a comb.

Then, the duplicate of Mop who is now dressed well for an outing, picks up the elegant black cane that was passed through with her outfit and heads back to Shanelle. She emerges from the thinning crowd and smiles warmly at Shanelle as she re-approaches. "Your hand?" She asks, offering her own, which is far more elegant as it's out of the thick gloves.

19. - Top - End - #19

Mop & Shanelle
    Mop raises both of her eyebrows briefly and grins even wider at the laughter from Shanelle. "Grand. I'll be back in a few moments." She promises, looking over at the swarm of students and cricking her neck before she jogs over to them and uses their gathered mass to conceal herself in the crowd. With a few missteps that almost end up with her getting trampled, she stealthily ducks behind a corner of the nearby building and stands beside the shuttered window after looking out for anybody watching. The coast is clear. For just a moment, the window lights up and reveals a lady's bathroom. Standing on the other side of the window is...Mop, the original, carrying a bag of spare clothes. Mop waits for the duplicate to swiftly change out of her gardener's outfit, using the bushes to conceal herself just in case somebody looks around. She tosses the clothes through the portal and takes the fresh clothes out of it a moment before it disappears. She spends a few moments tugging on the sweater, skinny jeans, and sneakers, as well as a stylish hat, after running her hair through with a comb.

Then, the duplicate of Mop who is now dressed well for an outing, picks up the elegant black cane that was passed through with her outfit and heads back to Shanelle. She emerges from the thinning crowd and smiles warmly at Shanelle as she re-approaches. "Your hand?" She asks, offering her own, which is far more elegant as it's out of the thick gloves.
    Shantelle raises her eyebrow as she takes it.
    Is taking another by the hand when leading them somewhere customary here, Madamoiselle ?
    She asks, unsure.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Mop & Shanelle
    Shantelle raises her eyebrow as she takes it.
    Is taking another by the hand when leading them somewhere customary here, Madamoiselle ?
    She asks, unsure.
    "I've never really thought about it." Mop replies, thinking for a moment beforehand as she starts to lead Shanelle to the path by her hand. "But I like to hold hands. We won't get lost in a crowd and, in a pinch, I can stop you from getting hit by a car." She adds with a wink.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2014-04-03 at 06:50 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Mop & Shanelle
    "I've never really thought about it." Mop replies, thinking for a moment beforehand as she starts to lead Shanelle to the path by her hand. "But I like to hold hands. We won't get lost in a crowd and, in a pinch, I can stop you from getting hit by a car." She adds with a wink.
    Ah. That makes sense. By the way, I'm Shanelle.
    Shanelle replies to Mop, smiling slightly.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Mop & Shanelle
    Ah. That makes sense. By the way, I'm Shanelle.
    Shanelle replies to Mop, smiling slightly.
    "A pretty name for a pretty girl. It fits." Mop compliments, as they turn a corner on the street and she takes a gander at the sign, trying to decide on where they should go. Although she doesn't really need signs to know where to go, it's nice to act like she doesn't. "I'm Mop." She offers, smiling back.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2014-04-03 at 09:32 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Mop & Shanelle Near Tokiwadai Middle School[
    "A pretty name for a pretty girl. It fits." Mop compliments, as they turn a corner on the street and she takes a gander at the sign, trying to decide on where they should go. Although she doesn't really need signs to know where to go, it's nice to act like she doesn't. "I'm Mop." She offers, smiling back.
    Thanks. Interesting name, Mop.
    Shanelle replies, blushing.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Mop & Shanelle
    Thanks. Interesting name, Mop.
    Shanelle replies, blushing.
    "And thanks to you." Mop squeezes Shanelle's hand so she's aware when they start walking again, her pace leisurely even though she suddenly has a destination in mind. "I think we should go to the museum in District 6. There are always fun little places to find in a museum, and it's a quiet place to have a nice chat."
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2014-04-03 at 09:32 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Mop & Shanelle Near Tokiwadai Middle School[
    "And thanks to you." Mop squeezes Shanelle's hand so she's aware when they start walking again, her pace leisurely even though she suddenly has a destination in mind. "I think we should go to the museum in District 6. There are always fun little places to find in a museum, and it's a quiet place to have a nice chat."
    Sure, why not?
    Shanelle replies, smiling and following
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Mop & Shanelle
    Sure, why not?
    Shanelle replies, smiling and following
    Mop strolls along the sidewalk without a care in the world, keeping Shanelle close by her side as they weave their way effortlessly through the crowd, who barely seem to notice their existence. As they pass by a newspaper stand, she discreetly takes an old museum poster from its side with the tips of her cane-grasping fingers. She tucks her cane beneath her shoulder and uses her free hand to fold parts of it together in a seemingly random pattern, then holds the somewhat-clumped up piece of paper precisely between two fingers. Then, she nods at Shanelle's free hand, and holds it out for her to take, with a smile encouraging her to trust the gesture.

27. - Top - End - #27

Mop & Shanelle
    Mop strolls along the sidewalk without a care in the world, keeping Shanelle close by her side as they weave their way effortlessly through the crowd, who barely seem to notice their existence. As they pass by a newspaper stand, she discreetly takes an old museum poster from its side with the tips of her cane-grasping fingers. She tucks her cane beneath her shoulder and uses her free hand to fold parts of it together in a seemingly random pattern, then holds the somewhat-clumped up piece of paper precisely between two fingers. Then, she nods at Shanelle's free hand, and holds it out for her to take, with a smile encouraging her to trust the gesture.
    Shanelle raises her eyebrow, curious, and takes the item. She looks at it with slight confusion.
    Umm... what exactly am I supposed to do?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Mop & Shanelle

Shanelle raises her eyebrow, curious, and takes the item. She looks at it with slight confusion.
    Umm... what exactly am I supposed to do?
    Mop says nothing as Shanelle takes it into the palm of her hand. As soon as it's released from the janitor's fingers, the folded piece of paper lets out a brief popping noise as it jumps up in the student's hand. The paper snaps together in the air and lands in Shanelle's hand in the form of a small, folded star. "Something like that." She says with a smile.

29. - Top - End - #29

Mop & Shanelle

Mop says nothing as Shanelle takes it into the palm of her hand. As soon as it's released from the janitor's fingers, the folded piece of paper lets out a brief popping noise as it jumps up in the student's hand. The paper snaps together in the air and lands in Shanelle's hand in the form of a small, folded star. "Something like that." She says with a smile.
    Shantelle looks at it with wonder, jumping figuratively as it hops up.
    How did you do that?
    She asks, wide eyed with wonder.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Mop & Shanelle
    Shantelle looks at it with wonder, jumping figuratively as it hops up.
    How did you do that?
    She asks, wide eyed with wonder.
    "It's a little trick a friend taught me." Mop says with some fondness, as she eyes the star that rests in her companion's hand. "I can show you how to, if you like. You just need a little bit of paper." She explains, taking her cane back into her hand and using its tip to casually point at the star. "I can get another piece, if you don't want to unfold that one."