New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Anime Characters as D&D characters

Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    I made an rough Edward Elric. It isn't perfect and I made it a loooong time ago. Also, the ability scores are kinda whack bc of the way they were rolled.

I was going to make a cleaner, more functional Ed for a campaign, but didn't have the time. Honestly, I'd get rid of the Monk 2 anyway, it's pretty dumb. (Edit: or at least swap it to sword sage)
    http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/....php?cid=73322
    I'll leave it open and if anyone else thinks they can improve upon it and Iron Chef it, I'll mark it as in progress by them.
    Check out my threads:
    Video Game Characters as D&D Characters v2.0
    Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

I never use Psionics in my games.

Avatar by the amazing AsteriskAmp!

Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

Alter Form into Elvis Presley. You are now the KING!

2. - Top - End - #152

Quote Originally Posted by Iwasforger03 View Post
    i wisH I could, but we were all IRL off line when we did this, it was just a weekday afternoon at the community college and we were a bunch of huge One Piece fans. It took us like two hours and I wish I knew where we put the notes, cause I think I used a google doc, but damnit if I can't find it.

If I can find the notes/math we used i'll gladly post it, but this was all estimations.
    Don't suppose you'd be interested in taking on Whitebeard?
    Check out my threads:

Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

3. - Top - End - #153

Sora and Shiro (No Game No Life) have been added to the list. I may add their avatars from the game at the beginning of NGNL into the list under the name "Blank".
    Check out my threads:

Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Considering what we estimated his health at? I'd need 40+ levels just to justify the constitution and hp. I'll let you know if I feel like i have the time for tackling him at another point, but right now i'm gonna have to decline.

With a d10 HD, a con of 100, toughness, and pathfinder traits, mythic, and favored class bonuses it would take... 125 levels to get 8000hp. That's maxed hp at all levels.

I REALLY need to find those damned notes. I hope uriah has them...
    Last edited by Iwasforger03; 2014-07-09 at 06:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captnq View Post
    Wizards wind up Incanatrixs/Ultimate Magus/Whatevers. Clerics turn into CoDzillas. Blah Blah Blah. Boring. Seriously. Done this long enough that winning isn't the point. Winning with STYLE is the point.
    [10:15:05 PM] jack.of.thunder: if nothing tempts you, nothing tempts you. If no race beckons, none beckons. Cards fall where they may, where they might, where they must. That is how legends are born.

The Little Mailman

Garet Jax

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Just a heads up. I'll be doing Suigintou from Rozen Maiden. I need some small/tiny construct race options for a sorcerer.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

It'd be nice to see Lum Invader from Urusei Yatsura. Basically she just flies around, infinitely spams lightning attacks, is very popular/charismatic, and has all sorts of random alien tech. So...Warlock? As long as you can turn eldritch blast into electric, that's your shock attacks and flight. Class's background ties in the demonic Oni heritage, and Deceive Item helps with using/making the "technology."

For ones already chosen:

Lelouch: I think a simple Beguiler / Mindbender dip with Mindsight build works good here, though it is annoying you have to spend one-two (if you want regular and lesser) of your precious "pick an enchant/illusion spell to add" choices to get the namesake ability of Geass. Max Int, high Cha, decent but not great Wis, horrible Str and Con. Grey Elf would be a good race.

Cutey Honey: Warforged (cause...Android) Master of Many Forms Wildshape Ranger build. It's...the closest D&D gets to a pure shapeshifter class. Possibly with Vow of Poverty and/or Nymph's Kiss, but VoP is pretty crippling.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just a heads up. I'll be doing Suigintou from Rozen Maiden. I need some small/tiny construct race options for a sorcerer.
    I know Xaroth wants the builds in Iron Chef style, but are Iron Chef rules in place? Dragon Magazine 354 has 3.5 updates of modrons. Monodrones and Duodrones I believe are small.

EDIT: I just looked up what Suigintou looks like. Warforged Scout might be the way to go to start for her there.

I would be up for statting up Clare from Claymore.
    Last edited by dysprosium; 2014-07-10 at 10:05 AM. Reason: oops!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

The scouts get a Cha penalty, though. I guess I could try and counteract that with Unseelie, which would also give flight.

I might do an Awakened Construct, since the dolls themselves are often described as living, anyway.

Also, this needs some Kneesocks. She's so awesome she won an eyesight contest while needing glasses.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2014-07-10 at 12:08 PM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

are we always assume level 20 builds? Because in all honesty, a lot of these characters come off more as level 2 characters who happened to have really awesome gear.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xaroth View Post
    I'll leave it open and if anyone else thinks they can improve upon it and Iron Chef it, I'll mark it as in progress by them.
    I actually just devised a build for Ed and as soon as I allocate the skill points, I'd be ready to Iron Chef it and submit the build.
    Spoiler: Before June 2017
    Show
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Bard (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-11
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-11
    As of June 2017:
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Wizard (2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-18
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-12

What Kind of Dungeons and Dragons Character Would You Be?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Banned

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by elliott20 View Post
    are we always assume level 20 builds? Because in all honesty, a lot of these characters come off more as level 2 characters who happened to have really awesome gear.
    I assume whatever I feel is fitting. Especially with ongoing series, because we always need to take in consideration things the character might yet show. That's why I didn't went all the way with my Guts build, as we don't know what he'll become in the future.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

d20 Re: Anime Characters as D&D characters

OK, due to having spent a number of years *ahem* 'borrowing' liberally from various anime & games for a d20 modern game, I am actually sitting on a moderately sized supply of d20m-mode anime characters, built with varying levels of character design experience, homebrew material & awareness of the original series. Of interest to you guys are the following (organised by quality of conversion & usefulness):

Balkus (Biobooster Armour Guyver)
    Edogawa Conan (Detective Conan)
    Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
    Sir Integra Hellsing (Hellsing)

Chris Vineyard a.k.a Sharon Vineyard a.k.a Vermouth a.k.a Carmen Sandiego (Detective Conan/Carmen Sandiego)
    Kurei of the Hokage (Flame of Recca)
    Miko Mido (La Blue Girl - don't judge me)
    Mouri Ran (Detective Conan)
    Nancy Makuhari (Read or Die)

Kaoru Kogakanei (Flame of Recca)
    Renge (Flame of Recca)
    Suzuki Sonoko (Detective Conan)
    Tokiya Mikagami (Flame of Recca)

Alkanphel (Biobooster Armour Guyver)
    Dio Brando (Jojo's bizarre Adventure)

* (Invalidated by Campaign Changes)
    Kaidoh Kaoru (Prince of Tennis)
    Takeshi Momoshiro (Prince of Tennis)

If you're interested, I'll put them up. Possibly after updating them to more reasonable mechanical standards.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Banned

Goblin

I'm interested, especially in Seras and Dio.

14. - Top - End - #164

PirateWench

Just watched Titan AE recently, and I would love to see what people come up with for Stith, Gune, and Preed.

15. - Top - End - #165

Well some of the building competition threads are slow so I got a chance to build my version of Clare from Claymore which is something I’ve been wanting to do for a while now—even before the start of this thread.

Clare, Number 47

Basics
    Spoiler
    Show
    Note: This build covers the first 26 episodes of the anime Claymore and stops before the seven year timeskip.

LG(N) wildhunt shifter major demon bloodline Warblade 4/Fighter 4/Serene Guardian 8/Warshaper 4
    32 point buy
    Level 1 (starting): Str 13, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 9
    Level 3 (bloodline increase): Str 14, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 9
    Level 4 (level increase): Str 15, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 9
    Level 8 (level increase): Str 16, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 9
    Level 9 (bloodline increase): Str 16, Dex 14, Con 17, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 9
    Level 12 (level increase): Str 16, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 9
    Level 15 (bloodline increase): Str 16, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 10
    Level 16 (level increase): Str 16, Dex 14, Con 19, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 10
    Level 20 (level increase): Str 16, Dex 14, Con 20, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 10

Build
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level Class BAB Fort Ref Will Skills Feats Class Features
    1st Warblade 1 +1 +2 +0 +0 Balance 4, Craft (weapons) 4, Jump 4, Knowledge (local) 4, Move Silently 2 (BB), Swim 4, Tumble 4 Shifter Instincts (Sh) battle clarity (Ref saves), weapon aptitude, wildhunt shifter traits
    2nd Fighter 1 +2 +4 +0 +0 Climb 1, Jump +1, Tumble +1 Combat Focus (B Com), Power Attack (BB)
    3rd Fighter 2 +3 +5 +0 +0 Climb +1, Jump +1, Tumble +1 Combat Stability (B Com), Endurance
    4th Fighter 3 +4 +5 +1 +1 Climb +1, Jump +1, Tumble +1 resistance (electricity) 5 (BB)
    5th Fighter 4 +5 +6 +1 +1 Climb +1, Jump +1, Tumble +1 Expeditious Dodge (B) demon affinity +2 (BB)
    6th Warblade 2 +6 +7 +1 +1 Balance +1, Climb +1, Craft (weapons) +1, Jump +1, Tumble +1 Combat Defense (Com) smite good (1/day) (BB), uncanny dodge
    7th Serene Guardian 1 +7 +9 +3 +1 Concentration +1, Hide 2 (BB), Jump +1, Tumble +1 painful release, resonance
    8th Serene Guardian 2 +8 +10 +4 +1 Concentration +1, Jump +1, Tumble +1 damaging release, resistance (acid) 5 (BB)
    9th Serene Guardian 3 +9 +10 +4 +2 Concentration +1, Jump +1, Tumble +1 Combat Vigor (B Com), Leap Attack
    10th Serene Guardian 4 +10 +11 +5 +2 Concentration +1, Jump +1, Tumble +1 +2 saves vs poison (BB), staggering release
    11th Warblade 3 +11 +11 +6 +3 Iaijutsu Focus 2, Jump +1 battle ardor (critical confirmation), demon affinity +4 (BB)
    12th Serene Guardian 5 +12 +11 +6 +3 Iaijutsu Focus +1, Jump +1 Shifter Stamina (Sh) greater resonance, resistance (fire) 5 (BB)
    13th Serene Guardian 6 +13 +12 +7 +4 Iaijutsu Focus +1, Intimidate 2 (BB), Jump +1 traumatic release
    14th Serene Guardian 7 +14 +12 +7 +4 Iaijutsu Focus +1, Jump +1 Cleave (BB) immune to fear
    15th Serene Guardian 8 +15 +13 +8 +4 iaijutsu Focus +1, Jump +1 Martial Study (dancing mongoose) confounding release
    16th Warblade 4 +16 +14 +8 +4 Balance +1, Climb +1, Craft (weapons) +1, Jump +1, Tumble +1 resistance (cold) 5 (BB)
    17th Warshaper 1 +16 +16 +8 +4 Balance +1, Climb +1, Jump +1 demon affinity +6 (BB), morphing immunities, morphing weapons
    18th Warshaper 2 +17 +17 +9 +5 Balance +1, Climb +1, Jump +1 Extra Shifter Trait (longstride) (Sh) morphic body, natural armor +1 (BB)
    19th Warshaper 3 +18 +17 +9 +5 Balance +1, Climb +1, Jump +1, Spot 2 (BB) morphic reach
    20th Warshaper 4 +19 +18 +9 +5 Balance +1, Climb +1, Jump +1 DR 5/good (BB), morphic healing
    (B) bonus feat, (BB) bonus from bloodline, (Com) combat feat, (Sh) shifter feat

Skill Ranks at Level 20: Balance 10, Climb 10, Concentration 4, Craft (weapons) 6, Iaijutsu Focus 6, Jump 23, Knowledge (local) 4, Swim 4, Tumble 14

Maneuvers Known
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 1 (IL 1): douse the flames (WR), punishing stance (IH stance), steel wind (IH), sudden leap (TC)
    Level 6 (IL 4): claw at the moon (TC)
    Level 11 (IL 7): death from above (TC)
    Level 15 via feat (IL 9): dancing mongoose (TC)
    Level 16 (IL 10): absolute steel (IH stance)

Anime Features Showcase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Preemptive Sense: This is Clare’s innate ability which allows her to survive attacks that would leave even the higher ranked Claymores devastated. It is represented in her build in various ways. First being a wildhunt shifter grants her the ability to sniff out foes via scent—much like her ability to detect Yoma presences. Her use of the Combat Form feat tree also represents her preemptive senses by giving her various bonuses representing different effects going on around her that she can avoid. Finally when she enters the Serene Guardian prestige class, her ability to form a resonance with her opponent represents her ability to beat the Yoma (or Awakened Being) at its own game. Best part about the resonances is that there is no saving throw to the effects!
    Yoma Powers: To represent Clare’s nonhuman side, this build makes her a shifter and gives her the major demon bloodline. In both the anime and manga, Clare gains Ilena’s right arm to allow her to use the Quicksword. Clare is never as good at it as Ilena was but it is represented in her build with the dancing mongoose maneuver and the growing iterative of her BAB. Raging mongoose would have been better but Clare’s initiator level is not high enough to get it. In a standard D&D game, Clare could get her weapon the speed enchantment to gain another attack.
    Half Awakened and Awakened States: In the series, we see Clare undergo transformations that give her more strength, speed, and endurance. This build utilizes this with both the shifting and eventually the Warshaper prestige class. The absolute steel stance adds to her speed along with the Extra Shifter Trait (longstrider). The other Shifter feats let Clare both extend her transformations and increase the number of transformations per day. The audience knows when Clare is in an awakened state by the fact that her body changes. Shifting is a good approximation for that. And like all anime characters, Clare has maximum ranks in Jump and very high ranks in Tumble that allow her to move across the battlefield and then jump high to hack off the opposing Yoma’s limbs.

Design Notes (or Clearing Up Possible Questions)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Isn’t Clare supposed to be human?: Technically yes, but if she were built with human as her base race, a lot of her innate abilities then have to come from maneuvers or other sources. Using shifter as the base race and adding the major demon bloodline, this Clare can replicate what she does in the anime that much easier. Plus it gives her the shapechanger subtype needed to enter Warshaper without having to resort to rituals in Savage Species. In Eberron, shifters can pass for humans when they are not shifting so the shifting can be refluffed as Clare going into awakened states. Plus this along with the major demon bloodline can represent all of the changes that a “normal human” undergoes to become a Claymore.
    Doesn’t Serene Guardian specify that the character has to be part of the Luminous Order?: Yes it does. However, the Luminous Order can easily be refluffed to be the Organization. Best part about the prestige class is that one can keep all class abilities and advance in the prestige class even if their affiliation score falls below the required level. Since the class abilities were the draw in the first place, it is good that Clare gets to keep them even after her break from the Organization.
    Would this be a legal Iron Chef entry?: Yes, even with the use of the major demon bloodline. It would get an Elegance hit for sure but the bloodlines are legal material. The real issue here would be that it utilizes a major bloodline and presents a 20 Level build without taking into account any kind of Level Adjustment. The rules for bloodlines are pretty screwy but Clare does not push any real boundaries with the bloodline—except by just having one.

Sources outside of SRD
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cityscape web enhancement: city dweller alternate class feature (swaps Ride for Tumble)
    Claymore wiki: background for Clare
    Complete Adventurer: Leap Attack feat
    Complete Warrior: Warshaper prestige class
    Eberron Campaign Setting: wildhunt and longstride shifter race and Extra Shifter Trait feat
    Oriental Adventures: Iaijutsu Focus skill
    Player's Handbook II: Combat Focus, Combat Defense, Combat Stability, Combat Vigor feats
    Races of Eberron: Shifter Agility, Shifter Instincts and Shifter Stamina feats
    Races of the Wild: Expeditious Dodge feat
    The Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde: Serene Guardian prestige class
    Tome of Battle: Warblade base class and maneuvers
    Unearthed Arcana: major demon bloodline

16. - Top - End - #166

Default Gray Fullbuster

How easy is it to make a rule-obeying Fairy Tail mage build? Well, impossible. This rolls on borderlne RAW readings only for a Tier3ish final effect.
    In other words, Fairy Tail's spirit upheld. If this build's actually too out there, let me know and I'll decrease the insanity.
    On a sidenote, Natsu and Gajeel are a lot easier to make. As is Juvia.

Gray Fullbuster

Spoiler: The Basics
    Show

CG Silverbrow Human (Silver Dragon Major Bloodline)
    Battle Dancer 1/Human Paragon 3/Sorcerer 1/Crusader 1/Spellsword 1/Jade Phoenix Mage 4/War Mage 5/Abjurant Champion 4

Ability Scores: 32 Point-Buy
    Base: 14/14/15/12/8/15
    Levels: +5 Charisma
    Bloodline: +1 Strength at 3rd, +1 Constitution at 9th, +1 Charisma at 15th
    Total: 15/14/16/12/8/23

Flaws: Cold-blooded, City Slicker

Spoiler: The levels
    Show

Level Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
    1st Human paragon 1 +0 +0 +0 +2 Knowledge (arcana) 4, Concentration 4, Tumble 2, Craft (Sculpting) 2, Knowledge (nature) 4, Knowledge (the Planes) 2 Piercing Cold, Sanctum Spell, Eschew Materials, Combat Casting Adaptive Learning (know (nature)), +2 on Sense Motive checks (BB)
    2nd Battle Dancer 1 +1 +0 +2 +2 Tumble +1, Perform (Dance) 4 Alertness (BB) AC Bonus, Improved Unarmed Strike
    3rd Sorcerer 1 +1 +0 +2 +4 Spellcraft 2, Concentration +1 Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike) Metamagic Specialist ACF
    4th Human Paragon 2 +2 +0 +2 +5 Knowledge (Arcana) +2, Skill Trick (Collector of Stories), Spellcraft +1, Concentration +1 Energy Substitution (Cold) Resistance to cold 5 (BB)
    5th Human Paragon 3 +3 +1 +3 +5 Perform (Dance) +1, Concentration +2, Spellcraft +2 - Silver dragon affinity +2 (BB)
    6th Crusader 1 +4 +3 +3 +5 Knowledge (religion) 2, Knowledge (history) 2, Concentration +1 Practiced Spellcaster (Sorcerer) +1 natural armor (BB), Furious counterstrike, steely resolve 5
    7th Spellsword 1 +5 +5 +3 +7 Spellcraft +3 - +2 on Perform checks (BB), Ignore Spell Failure 10%
    8th Jade Phoenix Mage 1 +6 +7 +3 +7 Concentration +1, Knowledge (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1 - Resistance to cold 10 (BB), Arcane wrath, Rite of Waking
    9th War Mage 1 +6 +9 +3 +9 Concentration +1, Knowledge (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1 Arcane Thesis (Elemental Darts) Arcane Aegis (1 ally), Battle Magic +1
    10th War Mage 2 +7 +10 +3 +10 Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1 Empower Spell (B) Alter self 1/day (BB), Armored Spellcasting -5%
    11th Jade Phoenix Mage 2 +8 +11 +3 +10 Knowledge (nature),, Knowledge (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1 - Silver dragon affinity +4 (BB), Mystic Phoenix Stance
    12th Abjurant Champion 1 +9 +11 +3 +12 Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1 Sculpt Spell +1 natural armor (BB), Abjurant Armor, Extended Abjuration
    13th Abjurant Champion 2 +10 +11 +3 +13 Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1 - +2 on Bluff checks (BB), Swift Abjuraton
    14th Abjurant Champion 3 +11 +12 +4 +13 Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1 Power Attack (BB) -
    15th Abjurant Champion 4 +12 +12 +4 +14 Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1 Arcane Thesis (Wings of Flurry) Arcane Boost
    16th Jade Phoenix Mage 3 +13 +12 +5 +15 Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1 - Breath weapon
    17th Jade Phoenix Mage 4 +14 +13 +5 +15 Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1 - Silver dragon affinity +6 (BB), Empowering strike
    18th War Mage 3 +14 +13 +6 +16 Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1 Arcane Strike +1 natural armor (BB), Arcane Aegis (2 allies), Battle Magic +2
    19th War Mage 4 +15 +14 +6 +16 Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1 Maximize Spell (B) +2 on jump checks (BB), Armored Spellcasting -10%
    20th War Mage 5 +15 +14 +6 +16 Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1 - Cold Immunity (BB), Arcane Aegis (3 allies), Battle Magic +3
    (B) - Bonus; (BB) - Bloodline Bonus

Spoiler: Maneuvers
    Show

Crusader 1 (ECL 6, IL 5.5=(5/2+(1+2Bldln)): Leading the Attack, White Raven Tactics, Foehammer, Mountain Hammer, Revitalizing Strike; Stance: Martial Spirit
    Jade Phoenix Mage 1 (ECL 8, IL 7): Divine Surge
    Jade Phoenix Mage 3 (ECL 16, IL 12): Radiant Charge

Spoiler: Sorcerer Spells
    Show

Spoiler: Per Day
    Show

Level 0lvl 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
    1st - - - - - - - - - -
    2nd - - - - - - - - - -
    3rd 5 3 - - - - - - - -
    4th 6 4 - - - - - - - -
    5th 6 5 - - - - - - - -
    6th - 6 5 - - - - - - - -
    7th 6 6 3 - - - - - - -
    8th- 6 6 3 - - - - - - -
    9th 6 6 4 - - - - - - -
    10th 6 6 5 3 - - - - - -
    11th 6 6 6 4 - - - - - -
    12th 6 6 6 5 3 - - - - -
    13th 6 6 6 6 4 - - - - -
    14th 6 6 6 6 5 3 - - - -
    15th 6 6 6 6 6 4 - - - -
    16th 6 6 6 6 6 5 3 - - -
    17th 6 6 6 6 6 6 4 - - -
    18th 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 3 - -
    19th 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 4 - -
    20th 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 3 -

Spoiler: Known
    Show

Level 0lvl 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
    1st- - - - - - - - - - -
    2nd- - - - - - - - - - -
    3rd 4 2 - - - - - - - -
    4th 5 2 - - - - - - - -
    5th 5 3 - - - - - - - -
    6th- 5 3 - - - - - - - -
    7th 6 3 1 - - - - - - -
    8th- 6 3 1 - - - - - - -
    9th 6 4 2 - - - - - - -
    10th 7 4 2 1 - - - - - -
    11th 7 5 3 2 - - - - - -
    12th 8 5 3 2 1 - - - - -
    13th 8 5 4 3 2 - - - - -
    14th 9 5 4 3 2 1 - - - -
    15th 9 5 5 4 3 2 - - - -
    16th 9 5 5 4 3 2 1 - - -
    17th 9 5 5 4 4 3 2 - - -
    18th 9 5 5 4 4 3 2 1 - -
    19th 9 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 - -
    20th 9 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 1 -

Spells Known:
    0th - Ray of Frost, Prestidigitation, Caltrops, Read Magic, Launch Bolt, Detect Magic, Stick, Mage Hand, Amanuensis
    1st - Fist of Stone, Shield, Path of Frost, Ice Dagger (exchange for True Casting when Icelance is learned), Blade of Blood
    2nd - Elemental Darts, Conjure Ice Object, Wings of Cover, Glitterdust, Heroics
    3rd - Icelance, Shivering Touch, Ice Axe, Haste
    4th - Wings of Flurry, Ice Web, Thunderlance, Wall of Ice
    5th - Arcane Fusion, Firebrand, Flesh to Ice, Lightning Leap
    6th - Freezing Fog, Dispel Magic (Greater), Freezing Glance
    7th - Arcane Spellsurge, Scalding Touch
    8th - Greater Arcane Fusion

Spoiler: Why....
    Show

Why, thank you for asking. Fary tail wizards are peculiar in that, while being "mages" they are actually melee powerhouses. Molding Magic users are the greatest offenders - while Lyon is most probably a Sorcerer5/Frost Mage10/War Mage 5 focused on summoning and some blasting spells, Rufus is a full-blown Shadowcraft Mage (and wood-make is obscenely easy with Druid...), Gray is one of the Protagonists™. That means he's a melee combatant, weapon specialist, mage and a hot guy. All at the same time. So I went for a gishy early levels, gradually shifting towards bfc/ranged blasting later on.
    Molding magic is an open-ended magic, meaning the only thing that should be your limit is your imagination. With that in mind I tried to create a character that reflects this and allows for multiple ways of dealing with... Well, everything.

Mild cheese:
    This build makes heavy use of Sanctum Spell. It allows for entering Spellsword a level earlier and War Mage two levels earlier. It's not really necessary but you lose significant part of damage output by doing so (Arcane Fusion trick) (but you gain a caster level, hey! With Battledancer/Sorc4/Crus1/Spellsword1 being your entry levels). For lulz, make your Sanctum your clothing (buy your DM a pizza or something). You'll see why.

Bloodlines. I went about it the saner way, adding the levels to your Initiator level once. Again - you can do without it, but you lose cold resistance (the ONLY real reason I wanted it), Power Attack (Weaponlike touch spells?) and the nifty SPOILER:breath weapon of a Devil Slayer. As well as Cold Immunity at 20th./SPOILER.

Oh, and compare the Sorcerer and Wizard entries in SRD. Wizard casts spells from sorcerer/wizard list. Sorcerer casts spells primarily from sorcerer/wizard list. I basically needed it for flavor reasons (Conjure Ice Object and Ice Axe), so it's no big deal. There are plenty of great spells that can be used instead. (2nd - Cloud of Knives, Bladeweave, Dimension Leap, Ray of Ice, Scorching Ray, Minor Image; 3rd - Greater Mage Armor, Control Temperature (hey, it's flavorful), Protection from Energy, Unicorn Arrow... Bah. It goes on and on).

Sanctum Spell - you make your clothing your sanctum. Makes sense, right? No. When clothed, Gray can qualify for PRCs by the virtue of casting xth level spells while being at <2xth level. So all's good. When he drops the clothes, he can Sanctum spell the Elemental Darts, which allows him to treat the spell as 1st level for Arcane Fusion. And Sanctum Spell on Arcane Fusion means infinite Dart Loop. Hope you have good Dogde bonuses, cause they'll come in handy when books get thrown.

Spoiler: No, actually why? How does it even work? Playstyle tips.
    Show

Remember how I said this is an open-ended build? Well. Let me showcase some of the possibilities:

Ice Make: Floor - Easy. Path of Frost does it for us.
    Ice Make: Freeze Lancer (and all variables) - Elemental Darts.
    The trick? make them Acid Darts, then slap Energy Substitution, Piercing Cold and Empower Spell. Arcane Thesis negates the level adjustment by -1 per feat, so (2+0+2+1)-(1+1+1)=2. Empowered Piercing Cold Darts for free. Each deals (1d6+10)*1.5 damage, you get five if them.
    Translates to about 100 points of damage from a 2nd level slot. It can be saved for half, but it can also crit. And you further augment it with War Mage class ability, as well as you CAN AND SHOULD retrain Alertness from Bloodline for Knowledge Devotion. That adds up to an additional +8 dmg per dart, you know.

Ice Make: Super Freeze Arrow - Arcane Fusion'd Sanctum Piercing Cold Empowered Darts + Ice Lance. That's RAW-legal. I hope.
    Ice Make: Block - Buy a wand of Blockade. Next.
    Ice Make: Shield - Shield. Duh. Or Wings of Cover.
    Ice Make: Hammer - Hum. I guess that'd be Melf's Unicorn Arrow slamming the enemy into the ground.
    Iced Shell - Flesh to Ice. If succesful, ask your DM to kill your character. Next.
    Ice Make: Prison - Wall of Ice, hemispherical. You lose on pretty ornaments though.
    Ice Make Unlimited: Chaotic One-Sided Dance - Arcane Fusion'd Sanctum Piercing Cold Empowered Darts + Sanctum Arcane Fusion infinite loop. Or just metamagic'd Wings of Flurry if you prefer not having books flung at you.
    Basically all the melee-enhancing ice forms - Fist of Stone. Early on it's invaluable. Later on it's still a free +6 to Strength.

Seven Slice Dance - Blade of Blood + Foehammer or Divine Surge.

Ice Make: Battleaxe - Ice Axe. Later on you can use Thunderlance. Those spells may or may not work with War Mage's Battle Magic.
    Ice Make: Really, any melee weapon - Thunderlance. It's that flexible.

Further: You get the standard anime willpower-driven reserves thanks to the Revitalizing Strike and Martial Spirit stance.

Standard stuff:
    Twice the Charisma to AC - Battle Dancer + War Mage.
    Quickened abjurations - up to 4th level if you use the "bloodlines count as class levels". You have only one spell that benefits from that, so no big deal. And it's 1st level.
    +11AC Shield spell - +4 + 4AbjChamp + 3 Bloodline. Well. Oops?
    1d6+3/CL damage from Wings of Flurry. Translating to 24d6+72 damage at 20th level. That's before metamagic.
    Mystic Phoenix stance gives you DR/evil, always nice to see.
    SPOILER: Fits the Devil Slayer fluff also.../SPOILER.

Thunderlance, dealing 3d6+9 damage/attack. Add Power Attack to the mix.
    Actually, use Heroics to grant yourself Aura of Chaos stance. With Divine Surge and Arcane Strike you're looking at a lot of small dice to roll.

And sculpt spell works quite well with Caltrops, Glitterdust, Wings of Flurry and Lightning Leap. Try it.

Spoiler: items
    Show

If you're retraining/PsyRefing Alertness for Knowledge Devotion, masterwork items of Knowledge skill are almost obligatory.
    Metamagic rods are your friends. As are empowered spellshards.

Before you can go to town with Thunderlance, buy Slippers of Battledancing. Even after you get the spell, those are great.

If your DM didn't go for clothes=sanctum (why would he? Seriously...), grab an Acorn of Far Travel, cover it in Unguent of Timelessness and PAO it into your clothing.

Tomes : +5 Cha, +5 Con are great. But expensive as hell. That's why first you buy Belt of Magnificence +6.

As your only "real" dump stat is probably only Wis (and later on Strength), you may actually get your bang for the buck.

Spoiler: Sources
    Show

Bloodlines - Unearthed Arcana
    Spells- SPell Compendium, Frostburn, Dragon Magic
    Silverbrow Human - Dragon Magic
    Battle Dancer - Dragon Compendium
    Jade Phoenix Mage, Crusader - Tome of Battle
    Abjurant Champion - Complete Mage
    War Mage Prc - Age of Mortals
    Last edited by Xerlith; 2014-08-29 at 04:13 PM.
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    This is the Playground. We're a repository of D&D Knowledge. Kinda like the Library of Congress, but with more screaming about RAW vs. RAI.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

bump! =D in case he forgot, or anyone else wants to join in

18. - Top - End - #168

I haven't been on here in quite a while. Time to get to work.
    Check out my threads:

Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

19. - Top - End - #169

Dracule Mihawk (One Piece)

20. - Top - End - #170

Okay. I'm not saying they're in progress or something, but probably I'll post soon:

Gajeel Redfox (Fairy Tail, 3.5ed)
    Juvia Lockser (Fairy Tail, 3.5ed ) - she gives me more trouble than I thought. Either Swordsage/BSB or Druidic Avenger. Or Wilder. Or... (blah blah).
    Natsu Dragneel (FT, 3.5ed) - Again, either Swordsage, Battle Sorcerer (take Gray, swap spells, you're done)
    Erza Scarlett (Fairy Tail, Pathfinder) - Thanks, ErrantX and guys at DSP, I can make her at last.
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    This is the Playground. We're a repository of D&D Knowledge. Kinda like the Library of Congress, but with more screaming about RAW vs. RAI.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'd like to try my hand at Cutie Honey, and Hisoka.

Two questions though, and apologies if this has been answered before, but....

- how close do we need to be to the character?
    - how close to RAW do we need to stay? Is a degree of custom homebrew allowed??

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    I'd like to try my hand at Cutie Honey, and Hisoka.

Two questions though, and apologies if this has been answered before, but....

- how close do we need to be to the character?
    As close as you can manage, given the restraints and qualities of 3.5e. After all, while there might not be a race of sentient robots, there are a sentient race of constructs. If there are multiple recognisable instances of a character (such as pre- and post-timeskip versions), you may want to state which one you're trying to recreate.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    - how close to RAW do we need to stay? Is a degree of custom homebrew allowed??
    RAW is preferred, but not enforced; we don't really want these threads to break out into arguments over RAI. Homebrew should be avoided if at all possible, so either ditch the character or try and play around with the WotC-published books for a workable alternative.
    The Forsaker: A 3.5e revamp.
    Spoiler: CharOP
    Show
    IC 56: Bolivar d'Kundarak (Silver)
    IC 76: Xander Marchand (Silver)
    IC 82: North and East and Gripp (Tied for Gold!)
    VC 17: Liridon (Silver)
    JW 5: Nyan (Gold)
    ZS 24: Isabel (Gold)

23. - Top - End - #173
    Banned

Goblin

Hmmm, maybe I can try doing some more of those in my spare time. It was nice to see this thread resurface on my inbox.

Also, great build for Clare.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, I'm going to throw my hat in and do something bold: I just finished watching Gurren Lagann, so I'm going to take a shot at Kamina. However, I'm going to cheat a bit and just stat him, not Gurren Lagann (which is honestly just a SUPER tricked out apparatus of the crab with limited sentience). Also, be warned for those of you who have not seen the show, my explanation will contain spoilers.

Kamina

Show
    CG Human
    Battle Dancer 1/Marshal 1/Paladin of Freedom 3/Bard 9

Ability Scores: 32 Point-Buy
    Base: 14/12/12/10/8/18
    Levels: All +Cha

Flaws: Brash, Free-Spirited

Spoiler: Why
    Show
    So, you probably are raging at the level choice. Personally, I feel it goes too high. For the full set of abilities I wanted, it pushes Kamina to level 14 minimum. However, I feel that these classes, at these levels, capture what Kamina does. I'll be detailing feats later when I've had more tie to think, but I wanted to get this down while the ideas were flowing.
    Classes
    Battle Dancer: So, Kamina frequently punches people. He also doesn't wear armor yet is still a formidable combatant. Here we pick up Cha to AC and IUS
    Marshal: This class was made for Kamina. My only complaint is having to pick one minor aura. For those of you who object to how I fluff the bard's spells, replace Bard levels with Marshal.
    Paladin of Freedom: A bit more Cha synergy with Divine Grace and Smite, on top of Immunity to Fear (a Kamina staple, at least in function). Also, more full BAB, allowing him to function in his grounded fight with Viral.
    Bard: Kamina is an inspiring leader, using his Perform (Oratory) to fuel his Inspire abilities. I took the class to 9 to pick up Inspire Greatness. Now, you might say, Kamina has no magic! But how do you translate powering up Gurren Lagann with fighting spirit if not into the act of casting buffs on it?

Abilities:
    Strength: Kamina is pretty strong, but he isn't excessively so. I felt 14 actually hit a nice spot for him.
    Dexterity: This stat I'm least happy with, but with Cha covering AC, I chose to give the higher stat to Str.
    Constitution: Above average, but not by much. Kamina is tough, but not unkillable
    Intelligence: Average. Kamina isn't a great tactician, but he's not an idiot either.
    Wisdom: Kamina is reckless, belligerent, and stubborn to the point of suicidal. I can easily put a negative Wisdom on him. His flashes of insight are the result of good rolls on Wisdom/Sense Motive checks
    Charisma: Of course this is obscene. Also, his clock is a +8. Because reasons.

Flaws: I thought these two flaws fit Kamina pretty well. He is undeniably a Brash character, and, as the picture above demonstrates, wears all of pants, a cloak, and a sword.
    Last edited by Vhaidara; 2014-11-09 at 08:38 PM.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xaroth View Post
    Sora and Shiro (No Game No Life) have been added to the list. I may add their avatars from the game at the beginning of NGNL into the list under the name "Blank".
    Oh god, that anime.

First of all, my Monster Hunters found that little girl very distracting bewildering in the first episode. "Stay classy, hunters," I said.

Second, you don't leave it blank. You type IlIlIIIlllIllI.

26. - Top - End - #176

ElfPirate

Mokoto from Change123 - Manga
    Haruko Haruhara from Fooly Cooly
    Ageha Yoshina from Psyren - Manga
    Lucy from Elfen Lied
    Yuuko Ichihara from XXXholic
    Rikuo Nura from Nurarihyon No Mago
    Min Sia from Metal Heart - Manga
    Misaka Mikoto from TO To Aru Kagaku No Railgun
    Tōma Kamijō from To Aru Kagaku No Railgun and A Certain Magical Index
    Yi Shioon from The Breaker: New Waves - Manga
    Hijikata Mamoru from Until Death Do Us Part - Manga
    Hmm, seem to have left the last letter out of my name I wonder if I can change that somehow...

Vestige by Marlowe http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...2&postcount=70

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Shirou Emiya (Fate/stay night)
    It would be very, very interesting to see him based on his visual novel incarnations rather than the anime. His power is so interesting and unique. What in D&D would be adequate for him?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Firbolg in the Playground

Cutie Honey

Show
    CG Nimblewright Totem Druid 1 / Master of Many Forms 7 / Factotum 2

Abilities: Str 20, Dex 32, Con -, Int 16, Wis 20, Cha 24

Feats: Weapon Finesse, Improved Critical (Rapier), Improved Toughness, Einhander, Extra Wild Shape, Agile Athlete

Necessary Items: Choker of Disguise (Hat of Disguise refluffed), boomerang, Wand of Summon Motorcycle (Phantom Steed refluffed)

Spoiler: Why
    Show
    Cutie Honey exists in at least half a dozen different continuities, with major differences between them. What I've tried to do here is make something which captures the central character common to as many of those as possible. She's very high level (20 HD), but not particularly optimized, which actually suits her to a degree since nearly all versions were potentially far more powerful than she ever acted upon. This version might be best as an NPC among mid-level PCs - powerful, but not out of reach, not someone that would make them redundant or useless. Most versions of the show are mysteries anyway, as much about detective skills as combat.

In most versions of the show, she's able to make objects as well as change herself. Usually those objects are purely cosmetic, but give that she's shown as able to make rapiers, and motorcycles, there doesn't appear to be a limit. The ability to materialize something as complex as a motorcycle that works implies she could do almost anything, but there's no way to fully replicate all of that in D&D without going full-spellcaster. Instead, she materializes rapiers simply by reverting to her natural Nimblewright form, and makes the makes the motorcycle through Phantom Steed. Everything else (short of Re: Cutie Honey shenanigans where she may well be epic level) can generally be described as cosmetic.

Not all versions have her as a robot/construct (notably, she's flesh-and-blood in Cutie Honey F, and nanite-powered flesh in the live action movie and Re: Cutie Honey), but it's the case in both the newest and oldest versions, and Nimblewright was too good to pass up. It also allows her to go "this is my true form", gain rapiers, and fight better than she does in many alternate forms.

I'm still not entirely satisfied with this, largely because "Druid" is a strange chassis for her. However, while Honey never turns into non-humans in the show, given some of the things she does do, there's nothing to prevent it in a setting that includes such things. She seems to gain at least some of the talents of the people she turns into, so Extraordinary Wild Shape helps there, and basing the whole thing off Wild Shape rather than other Polymorph/Disguise spells means that she can stay in Kisaragi Honey form for hours at a time with minimal investment. She only gets eight changes a day with this loadout, but she hardly ever uses more than four or five, so that's not a significant issue either.

Someone else may come up with something better, but this serves as a solid basis.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

29. - Top - End - #179

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    Hmmm, maybe I can try doing some more of those in my spare time. It was nice to see this thread resurface on my inbox.

Also, great build for Clare.
    Thank you.

I'm also glad that this thread is starting to pick up again.

Once I get more spare time I think I'll try to write up D from Vampire Hunter D. I've got just a very base idea now.

30. - Top - End - #180

ElfPirate

Gully from Battle Chasers - Manga/Comic
    Hmm, seem to have left the last letter out of my name I wonder if I can change that somehow...

Vestige by Marlowe http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...2&postcount=70