New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

Heavy Metal Day instead of Valentine's Day if I remember right.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

I need to get back to my old flat and pack the rest of my stuff... I really don't feel like doing it. This new room is too awesome and HUGE. Meh. At least I have two friends to help me move tomorrow before we play an awesome game of D&D.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Any1 wana Bllck Magic {Baba Ji}?

This is strange, I admit.
    This "Baba Ji" seems to have captivated me. I'll take whatever "bllck magic" you've got, Baba.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

*comes crashing in through the wall like the unfortunately strafed combat pilot*

Pahf! I finally finished writing up my main points for the presentation tomorrow. Took forever, because I managed to waste half of my day on completely different things, and then I had to write up 15 minutes worth of material in blocks of 1 to 3 minutes. 15 minutes is a good number, though, because that gives me ample time to improvise, and thankfully, I'm actually pretty good when it comes to improvisation. So even though I'll get one practice run at most tomorrow because my bicycle is still exploded, I'm fairly certain I'll manage this. At least if you give me a clock, so I can tell when it's time to stop talking...

Code:
    now:  ADDI  $t0, $0, 5  ! wake up hour
          ADDI  $t1, $0, 24 ! wake up minute
          ADDI  $t2, $0, 23 ! hour now
          ADDI  $t3, $0, 8  ! minute now
          ADDI  $t4, $0, 60 ! minutes per hour/seconds per minute

ADDI  $t0, $t0, 24
          MUL   $t0, $t4
          MFLO  $t0
          ADD   $t1, $t0, $t1
          MUL   $t1, $t4
          MFLO  $t0

MUL   $t2, $t4
          MFLO  $t2
          ADD   $t3, $t2, $t3
          MUL   $t3, $t4
          MFLO  $t1

SUB   $t0, $t0, $t1

GOTO  bed         ! yes, I know GOTO isn't MIPS. Deal with it

bed:  SLEEP $t0         ! I reiterate my point above
    Man, I'd forgotten how spaceous assembler was...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

5. - Top - End - #305
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Not surprised I'm not recognized. Spent most of the last few years in FFRP where I've found a taste for writing and have been honing it. Not as good as I'd like, but it's better than I was by far.
    Well, that's better than bad, so that's good.

Welcome back. I'd thought you'd vamoosed with RHL & the Platypus brothers to places unknown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #306
    Firbolg in the Playground

Heavy Metal Day instead of Valentine's Day if I remember right.
    Ah, the early days of the Metal Thread. It's come so far since then.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

7. - Top - End - #307

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I turn 18 today...

...I don't feel like an adult, though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    As someone who turned 30 last November, that 'feeling like an adult' thing can really take some time to kick in.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I too, do not recognize. I did, however, just look at your join date, Taet. You're a youngin'.
    Adult happens when all the pieces of your life are not on the same time line any more. A kid says I am ten years old and knows what and where he is. He is in elemtry school and can save allowance but probably does not but does not pay anything for his house and cannot get to choose who lives in it. Kids are all together in the same spot in time. Adults are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    There are two types of people in the world. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
    I took this to a chat and made it the topic. It lasted for some hours. In the end someone had to add And those who have OCD.

The dust rages on as a heavily cloaked figure strides slowly through the storm. Static crackles through the charged particles in the sandstorm, but the figure ignores it all, his steps sure and solid as he approaches the corroded bunker door. The man grabs the latch through his heavy leather gauntlets and grunts, straining against the rust and sand that seized up the gears since he'd last been here. It took great effort, but slowly and surely the gears begin to move until the door can finally be opened inward. Once inside and with the door sealed once more, the man removes his breathing mask and survival coat, setting them aside before running his claws through his fur to wipe away the excess dust and grime.

"It has been a long time." The wolfman admits, his throat parched as he heads towards a fridge to get a cool glass of water. After a sip and a shudder of relief he takes his glass to a table and sits heavily, weariness leaving his body. "It has been a very long time."

"I have been through the very depths of this place. From the dungeons of Structured to the dark rotting urban settings of Freeform and even the forlorn pits of Play-By-Post Recruitment. Years have passed and I have...seen things that could make a weaker man tremble in fear." The Wolfman admits before reaching up to tap at his temple. "But I have learned. I have grown in wisdom and experience and carried weights no mortal being should." He explains before looking around, a sly smile on his muzzle. "But now...I am home."

Welp, with that out of my system...

Hi everyone! Been a long while since I was last in Friendly Banter.
    Hello here Wolfbane! Please have a cup of hot tea. Yes it is too hot already. But this is a hot that ends quick and everything feels cooler and we do not have to wait for the sun to set.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

8. - Top - End - #308

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    You missed a lovingly banal conversation between Crunk and myself.
    Ah, but a man's blather should exceed his breath, or what's an internet for?

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

9. - Top - End - #309

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    I need to get back to my old flat and pack the rest of my stuff... I really don't feel like doing it. This new room is too awesome and HUGE. Meh. At least I have two friends to help me move tomorrow before we play an awesome game of D&D.
    Have fun

10. - Top - End - #310

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    I'm just a walking food and cuddles dispenser.
    And scratch post, and heated bed...get it right!

11. - Top - End - #311

I think the forum overhaul drew the ire of the spambots. Our insolence and hubris has brought this calamity upon ourselves.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

WOOHOOO!!!!! I've gots my interwebs back!!!
    After two months of only patchy internet connection through the WiFi hotspot on my mobile phone at home, I finally received a confirmation email this morning that my internet connection is up and running.
    Spoiler: Reference post from Personal Woes Thread
    Show
    Phone and broadband troubles

I signed up with another phone and broadband provider after this, and happily waited the two extra weeks for the connection setup, as long as I didn't have to deal with Sky anymore.
    As an aside twist, even if I told them to cancel the Sky subscription, I still got another 'confirmation' email telling me that an engineer would be out to hook up the Sky phone line a week after I'd told them to cancel it.

I got the phone working last week, and now the broadband has been activated, so I should be set for the foreseeable future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

13. - Top - End - #313

BlackDragon

I thought things had been a bit quiet on the Ku front--never saw your post in the Woes thread. Sounds like you're well shot of your previous broadband provider!

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I thought things had been a bit quiet on the Ku front--never saw your post in the Woes thread. Sounds like you're well shot of your previous broadband provider!
    Yeah, I gave them too many chances to uncopulate the issue that they'd copulated up in the first place, and when they proved, time and time again, that they weren't able to do so, and didn't give a crap about trying to do anything, I decided that I'd just get rid of them.

My only issue at the moment now is that since I really want to watch Game of Thrones, and that's not available on freeview, I had to stay with Sky as my TV provider, but I shut down everything additional on the tv subscription, so I went from the full Family Entertainment package, including all the movie channels and the sports channels to just the most basic package. I'm sure Rupert Murdoch won't miss the additional £50/month from me, but at least it makes me feel a bit better not shelling out that kind of money for their incompetence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

If thou art indeed the bane of wolves, why art thou a wolf thyself?

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

I'm watching Dangerous Liaisons. Evil, so delicious you can almost taste it.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

17. - Top - End - #317

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    If thou art indeed the bane of wolves, why art thou a wolf thyself?
    For some reason I feel like it's a reference to Fables.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    For some reason I feel like it's a reference to Fables.
    A legendary blade...

...Forged by wolves, to hurt wolves, apparently.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Reference to nothing at all really. When I was 11(a whopping 12 years ago ), I needed a name for a PC for a game and my brother suggested it.

Well, it stuck and I generally use a variation of it when Wolfbane isn't available itself. As to the avatars, I've always liked werewolves.

20. - Top - End - #320

Reference to nothing at all really. When I was 11(a whopping 12 years ago ), I needed a name for a PC for a game and my brother suggested it.

Well, it stuck and I generally use a variation of it when Wolfbane isn't available itself. As to the avatars, I've always liked werewolves.
    Good an excuse as any

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, neat! Where would you say your interest in werewolves developed?

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Test your vocabulary.

Especially interesting for non-native speakers. A bunch of the graphs they have there are especially interesting.

The thing says "Most native English adult speakers who have taken the test fall in the range 20,000–35,000 words." Interesting to see where you stack up.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

I got 29,900

24. - Top - End - #324

BlackDragon

34,800 here, which seems about right to me...some of the words in there were pretty darned obscure, and at least one I only knew because I'd seen it used in an OotS strip!

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

i got 24,600. which is apparently 3000 odd words higher than the median of my age group

i wonder what would happen if i input the same answers, except where it asks personal information
    gonna go run tests with this thing and post the results soon

edit: apparently it makes no difference about the personal information, so that information is simply there to seperate the data, presumably, unless i merely didnt test it out enough

anyone able to tell me how exactly this thing actually works? all it did was ask me about 2 pages of words, then some personal information, and then it told me a number, but this seems wholly unreliable to me? sort of like an IQ test
    Last edited by Somensjev; 2014-06-05 at 10:56 AM.
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

26. - Top - End - #326
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Test your vocabulary.

Especially interesting for non-native speakers. A bunch of the graphs they have there are especially interesting.

The thing says "Most native English adult speakers who have taken the test fall in the range 20,000–35,000 words." Interesting to see where you stack up.
    33800. Was expecting a bit higher, actually. A couple of those words I'm sure if I thought about it I could remember a definition, though.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

37 500. Not quite as good as the Bard, but not bad.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

25,300. Not bad, not bad. My Latin studies helped. (Uxoricide- From uxor, -ris)
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    Ah, but a man's blather should exceed his breath, or what's an internet for?
    Well, if Avenue Q has taught me anything...

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post
    i got 24,600. which is apparently 3000 odd words higher than the median of my age group
    Where exactly did you find a stat to compare you to others in your age group?

Anyway, 31,500. Pretty good (just about the 90th percentile for my age group), I imagine it'll go up even further once I finish my schooling proper.

EDIT: Anyway, it works as explained here.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2014-06-05 at 11:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

I hope this video link works. It is seriously making me giggle every time I watch it!

Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons