New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

26500 words. Mildly inflated because I studied Latin, so words like uxoricide are easy.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

Hurr, about ~30k words, I can't remember exactly right now as I did the test earlier in the day.

About to go and sleep my first night at the new flat! Wish me luck, guys. I have to be back here tomorrow to clean the place woohoo, and pack some random stuff I still have left around here... Which shouldn't be that much at all. Hopefully the internet there is good... If not, I'm going to persuade getting a better deal hurr durr.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

3. - Top - End - #363
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Hurr, about ~30k words, I can't remember exactly right now as I did the test earlier in the day.

About to go and sleep my first night at the new flat! Wish me luck, guys. I have to be back here tomorrow to clean the place woohoo, and pack some random stuff I still have left around here... Which shouldn't be that much at all. Hopefully the internet there is good... If not, I'm going to persuade getting a better deal hurr durr.
    Good night and good luck! And I hope the demon moths from hell have given up on stalking you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #364
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I think a new thread should be all Yung Crunk and AtlanteanTroll, all the time.
    Or we could do a podcast.

Crunk and Troll In the Morning

You know, a lot of tasteful commentary and discourse on international politics and business. An objective overlook on things like collective bargaining agreements while making personal observations about the ethics, you know, encourage conversation and contemplation amongst our listeners.

We would also have a soundboard full of farts.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Good night and good luck! And I hope the demon moths from hell have given up on stalking you!
    Thanks! In the new flat, and one thing has REALLY surprised me: the internet here is so good! And fast! At this time of the day, previous flat's internet would've probably reached 11Mb/s, sometimes 15 or over. here it got to about 18Mb/s and ping timeout isn't that bad either. I think I'm so surprised because I've been sceptical of the provider this flat has (EE broadband, well, previously Orange)...

I need to sleep, because tomorrow we have a ****ton of cleaning to do, mostly my mess, and only about 3,5 hours to get through all of that mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    Or we could do a podcast.

Crunk and Troll In the Morning

You know, a lot of tasteful commentary and discourse on international politics and business. An objective overlook on things like collective bargaining agreements while making personal observations about the ethics, you know, encourage conversation and contemplation amongst our listeners.

We would also have a soundboard full of farts.
    I realize people were joking, but it's odd how frequently I get comments like that. Taet says you and I should have a show, you said I should have an RB spin-off, and a good few people I know IRL keep joking that I should have a talk show...

I don't get it.

Also yes. Lots of fart noises.

"You know, Crunk, I think you've got a good point about relativism in regards to violence in the south. But it's important to look at the other side and--thhhppbbbb."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

7. - Top - End - #367

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    "You know, Crunk, I think you've got a good point about relativism in regards to violence in the south. But it's important to look at the other side and--thhhppbbbb."
    Okay, I laughed heartily.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    To what precisely are you referring? >.>
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

Pheeew...

Final presentation done! I did the terrible mistake of preparing a list of main points without training on them. This meant I got stuck trying to use the same expressions I were using when writing them up, which in turn made me lose my words and look nervous, even though I wasn't. I should've improvised the whole thing, but everything is obvious in hindsight.

Still, it went well, and we celebrated by hanging out first in our "office" with some drink and strawberries, and then heading out to one of the student nations for dinner and partying. It was fun, but the music was terribly loud, and the dinner too small, as I hadn't had any lunch.

The highlight of the evening was when a pair of political science students randomly started talking to us in the "queue" (I once rather refered to it as a mob) to the bar, and they turned out to be really nice and interesting. I almost got stuck talking about all sorts of stuff with one of them (just exchanging life experiences, really), until a large wave of people they knew came in and it all developed into a prolonged hug-fest, at which point I decided to pull out.

Oh, and the guy I got stuck with bought me a beer as well, despite only having known me for 40 minutes, because I'd spent just as much time waiting to get served so I could get a glass of water, and had started to crave something else as well, but my wallet was back in my jacket with the others...

Much later, me and a pair of friends had left to buy kebab. Both my friends then turned home, at which point I didn't really know where to go, but wanting to get away from as much sound as possible (due to aforementioned terribly high music, plus the general commotion), I decided to sit down by the riverside and eat it. About halfway through, I was suddenly surrounded by a swarm of fresh highschool graduates, who asked me all those stupid questions you'd expect highschool youths to ask ("Can you buy out alcohol for me?", "Wow, are you a (uni) student?" (after I'd said I'd just come from partying on one of the student nations, which basically are the heaven to highschool students, what with their cheap alcohol and "only uni students permitted" policies ), "Do you want to become a hacker?" (after I'd said what I was studying), "Why are you sitting here?", "Are you drunk?"). Then they left as swift as they came, breaking off mid-sentence to flip over a portaloo and disappear into the night.

What have I learned from this? I'm awesome, because I'm IT! And people sure grows in those three years it took for me to get from the highschool graduation to here...

Now I just need to realise that I've been up for 21 and a half hour...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

I just discovered this clip. Morgan Freeman reading from a phonebook to advertise the Lego Movie.

Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm bored.

*starts handing out fire kittens*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

12. - Top - End - #372

Did you read the long notes about how the test was put together? SAT studying is all Latin and Greek root words but they took most of the Latin root words out. I want to know how much that made SAT score not count for knowing this list.

And the hard words list page. Well. Yes. Gamers have a very big advantage there. VERY big.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

13. - Top - End - #373

NecromancerGuy

Ah, so I finally found that vocab test and got 35,700 words. Mostly because I had forgotten a couple of those words' definitions despite having learned a couple of them in the past.

So why the fire kittens, Warkitty? Also, how'd that thing with the thing and the NPCs and the fire everywhere go?

I ended up having a dream relating to that where a bunch of PCs were fleeing while a huge horde of rat swarms descended upon the city, resulting in pitched battles in the streets and on roof tops. XD
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #374

15. - Top - End - #375
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    But... they've removed the toast!

Spoiler: Where's the toast?
    Show

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

16. - Top - End - #376

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    But... they've removed the toast!

Spoiler: Where's the toast?
    Show
    Well see that's because she's the main character. Toast is only required if it's the female love interest of a series with a male lead.

I for one can't wait for Zoicyte to get on a bus and drive to a school of children and have them get on his bus and drive it away. In full platemail. Because that's like my favorite scene from the manga (might be forgetting who specifically does the driving though) and this series says it'll be much more faithful to the manga.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, so I finally found that vocab test and got 35,700 words. Mostly because I had forgotten a couple of those words' definitions despite having learned a couple of them in the past.

So why the fire kittens, Warkitty? Also, how'd that thing with the thing and the NPCs and the fire everywhere go?

I ended up having a dream relating to that where a bunch of PCs were fleeing while a huge horde of rat swarms descended upon the city, resulting in pitched battles in the streets and on roof tops. XD
    Why NOT firekittens? They're adorable?

And it turns out my players are surprisingly less pyromaniacal than I thought...also very good at missing treasure.

18. - Top - End - #378

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    Why NOT firekittens? They're adorable?

And it turns out my players are surprisingly less pyromaniacal than I thought...also very good at missing treasure.
    Well, they do have a tendency to singe the clothing much like dragonpuppies.

Hmm. Well, players are often bad at sniffing out treasure until they've taken advanced treasure sniffing 305, so that's understandable. The lack of pyromania is a bit disturbing though. They might not be cut out for murderhoboing at that rate.
    Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, they do have a tendency to singe the clothing much like dragonpuppies.

Hmm. Well, players are often bad at sniffing out treasure until they've taken advanced treasure sniffing 305, so that's understandable. The lack of pyromania is a bit disturbing though. They might not be cut out for murderhoboing at that rate.
    Are you kidding? I'm going to end up with a group case of PC's with PTSD. They're feeling guilty for killing a guy who tried to mug them.

20. - Top - End - #380

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    Are you kidding? I'm going to end up with a group case of PC's with PTSD. They're feeling guilty for killing a guy who tried to mug them.
    I... I don't know if they even have remedial murderhobo classes that go that low.

I think you might just have to start a thread on the subject to fully plumb the depths of your options here. Or to fully map out how to exploit the situation, I suppose.
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I feel very uncomfortable about sexualizing 14-year olds so unabashedly. But maybe that's just me.

At least make her a few years older.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

22. - Top - End - #382

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    But maybe that's just me.
    You and the Nostalgia Critic.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

The felines are restless.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

24. - Top - End - #384

The felines are restless.
    It feels like a euphemism, that.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

No, it's the truth. It's been raining outside, so they don't like going outside. But that means they have all this pent-up energy. My furniture will suffer. There will be pouncing. No ankle will be safe.

― Tim Fargo

26. - Top - End - #386

No, it's the truth. It's been raining outside, so they don't like going outside. But that means they have all this pent-up energy. My furniture will suffer. There will be pouncing. No ankle will be safe.
    Tuck your pants into your socks and pray for the rain to pass.

27. - Top - End - #387

NecromancerGuy

Boop their kitty noses with your nose to establish supremacy. Boop them mercilessly!
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

I'm too soft-hearted.

― Tim Fargo

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

I was going to reply to something...didn't quote it...don't feel like going back to find it.

*goes to refill coffee*

Well...whatever. It's Friday. I am working. I have 10000 steps to go.

*puts on sunglasses*

*takes off sunglasses since they make it hard to see the computer*

*turns the music up*

Let's do this.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Do what? Walk 10 000 steps while sitting in front of a computer?

― Tim Fargo