New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

Good luck, ER. I just got off work. Rather frustrating shift too. Most of the systems I use for my job went down overnight and it all spiraled down from there.

Now, sleep.

*collapses on beanbag chair, grabs his cat, and snoozes*

2. - Top - End - #392
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    I feel very uncomfortable about sexualizing 14-year olds so unabashedly. But maybe that's just me.

At least make her a few years older.
    ...how is this sexualized at all?

Also I can find no information about her age but I'm PRETTY sure she's 18.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

I feel very uncomfortable about sexualizing 14-year olds so unabashedly. But maybe that's just me.

At least make her a few years older.
    How much do you know Sailor Moon and the whole shoujo genre? Honestly, this is normal. It's fantasy.

I've always seen it as when they turn into their senshi form the body also changes, taking an older form. It's just for little girls to fantasise being strong young women. I didn't see the characters as sexualised at all when I was a child, a teenager or now. Now, all the doujinshi that I've witnessed, that's sexualised.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    ...how is this sexualized at all?

Also I can find no information about her age but I'm PRETTY sure she's 18.
    The skirts are a bit skimpy, but hey, that's how the whole damn manga was drawn. Overexaggerated proportions and stuff. Normal shoujo shizzle.

Usagi is 14. Some of them are 16+, I think.
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2014-06-06 at 09:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Do what? Walk 10 000 steps while sitting in front of a computer?
    Sort of...I set the timer on my phone for every hour or so, then do ten minutes of walking on the Wii Fit. I usually get around 1200 steps each time, give or take the music that is on at the time. This is a new thing for me. Today will be the 4th day in a row for 10000+ steps. Before I decided to do ten minutes at a time, my average steps were between 3000 and 5000.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Good luck, ER. I just got off work. Rather frustrating shift too. Most of the systems I use for my job went down overnight and it all spiraled down from there.

Now, sleep.

*collapses on beanbag chair, grabs his cat, and snoozes*
    Thanks Wolfy! Get some good sleep!

*tucks in with more fluffy animals*
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

5. - Top - End - #395

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    H
    The skirts are a bit skimpy, but hey, that's how the whole damn manga was drawn. Overexaggerated proportions and stuff. Normal shoujo shizzle.

Usagi is 14. Some of them are 16+, I think.
    The skirts were totally regulation at the time. Like, I mean, I'll be perfectly honest, if this trailer showed Uranus and Neptune, OKAY, maybe I can see why someone might consider it sexualized, but they're really romantic and great so like more power to them I say.

Also the mangaka is a lady so I figure it's a little more okay. Maybe?

6. - Top - End - #396
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    I was going to reply to something...didn't quote it...don't feel like going back to find it.

*goes to refill coffee*

Well...whatever. It's Friday. I am working. I have 10000 steps to go.

*puts on sunglasses*

*takes off sunglasses since they make it hard to see the computer*

*turns the music up*

Let's do this.
    "YEAAAAA -- wait, these sunglasses make it hard to see, lemme take them off -- AAAAAAAAAAAHHH!"

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post
    "YEAAAAA -- wait, these sunglasses make it hard to see, lemme take them off -- AAAAAAAAAAAHHH!"

ALRIGHT! 10735 steps before the end of the work day. If I can't sleep tonight, there is something wrong.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Too much coffee.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Too much coffee.
    NEVER!!!

Though to be perfectly honest, I think I've been having a bit less coffee, just so I can have enough water...
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: SPIDERS!
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

First stupidly nuanced sentence of my conlang. "Biradikodö ramésödke."

Two men, neither of whom is here, although both of whom are part of a larger, mixed-gender group we're discussing which includes both you and I, will have spoken to each other at some point before the future time we're talking about.
    Last edited by Razanir; 2014-06-07 at 11:23 AM.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Speaking of conlangs, I have a very important message that can only be properly conveyed in lojban:
    Spoiler: Lojban
    Show
    u'e jimsmi je'u

Spoiler: Inexact English translation
    Show
    Wow! That's highly metallic!

ION: When I try to sing, I sound like an adolescent banshee trying to rap the opera with a sore throat.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2014-06-07 at 01:45 AM.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

ah, pizza, coke, and alternative rock, is there any better way to spend an increasingly rare day alone
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Spoiler: SPIDERS!
    Show
    You know, once they got to building size, they were abstract enough that most of my fear went away.
    Still, that is a very delightful thing to watch right before bed. No, I can't blame you. The spoiler clearly said 'SPIDERS!', and spiders there were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

I got my combat readiness back! Just in time for the requal period, too!

Oh, and I got promoted! Triple cool!
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

How much do you know Sailor Moon and the whole shoujo genre? Honestly, this is normal. It's fantasy.

I've always seen it as when they turn into their senshi form the body also changes, taking an older form. It's just for little girls to fantasise being strong young women. I didn't see the characters as sexualised at all when I was a child, a teenager or now. Now, all the doujinshi that I've witnessed, that's sexualised.
    I will go to Hell, for I have googled Sailor Moon pantyshot. There was a disturbing amount of pictures. If I suddenly disappear from the forums you will know what happened.

I fail to see how that makes it better. Just sounds like I should stay away from shoujo shizzle.

― Tim Fargo

18. - Top - End - #408

I will go to Hell, for I have googled Sailor Moon pantyshot. There was a disturbing amount of pictures. If I suddenly disappear from the forums you will know what happened.

I fail to see how that makes it better. Just sounds like I should stay away from shoujo shizzle.
    If it makes you feel better none of those are canon. The Sailor Warriors basically have no pelvis, they're just legs.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

How about you don't go googling that stuff, purposefully seeking for the pantyshots...

I honestly, honestly don't get the deal with people being offended/shocked/wherever by pantyshots, especially when it's a show where the main point is not to fan service the audience. No matter what the Sailor Senshi would wear, or pretty much any female superhero, someone's going to whine that their costume is too revealing or over-sexualised. Give me a break.

Panties happen. Nobody cares. At least they wear them. It's an old comedy relief in Japanese media that some series do put out more sexualised.

You're reading too much into things.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

How about you don't go googling that stuff, purposefully seeking for the pantyshots...
    Sage advice.

Panties happen. Nobody cares. At least they wear them. It's an old comedy relief in Japanese media that some series do put out more sexualised.

You're reading too much into things.
    I probably am. Dropping this.

― Tim Fargo

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

All I want to do today is play Skyrim. Is that too much to ask?

Apparently.

These small creatures keep running around the house with demand after demand. You'd think they would sit down and be absorbed into the tv, but NO! They have to go shoot zombies and kill their butt. (Their choice of words, not mine.)

And then they keep demanding food and drink. What am I a short order cook/entertainer/cleaner/argument fixer/owie kisser?

*sigh*
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

What am I a short order cook/entertainer/cleaner/argument fixer/owie kisser?

Are you sure you want an answer to that?

― Tim Fargo

23. - Top - End - #413

Apparently.

These small creatures keep running around the house with demand after demand. You'd think they would sit down and be absorbed into the tv, but NO! They have to go shoot zombies and kill their butt. (Their choice of words, not mine.)

And then they keep demanding food and drink. What am I a short order cook/entertainer/cleaner/argument fixer/owie kisser?

*sigh*
    That's adorable and also a reason I'll likely never have kids.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

@Emerald: well, you decided against celibacy, for one thing
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Blech.

People say "You're graduating, yay! How do you want to spend the rest of the day, as a celebration?"

They never accept "alone".
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Blech.

People say "You're graduating, yay! How do you want to spend the rest of the day, as a celebration?"

Just tell them you have to make the proper sacrifices to the Lord Dagon or you will die of fish. And that the sacrifices must be made in isolation.

― Tim Fargo

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Apparently.

*sigh*
    Ah, the price of parenthood. You have my sympathies.
    Just tell them you have to make the proper sacrifices to the Lord Dagon or you will die of fish. And that the sacrifices must be made in isolation.
    Actually, Lord Dagon demands a goat.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post

― Tim Fargo

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Are you sure you want an answer to that?
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    That's adorable and also a reason I'll likely never have kids.
    You definitely have no more time on your own, that's for sure. Something to consider. You know, losing 20+ years of your life to little cuddly demons.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    @Emerald: well, you decided against celibacy, for one thing
    This is very true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Blech.

That should always be an acceptable option. Do for it! And congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post

Actually, Lord Dagon demands a goat.
    This could work without needing to see the extra quote in the middle....and honestly, a whole goat would go a long way towards feeding all these kids...hmm...
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, my. An axe in a house full of children?
    This could work without needing to see the extra quote in the middle....and honestly, a whole goat would go a long way towards feeding all these kids...hmm...
    They produce milk as well, so that would take care of some of the costs.