New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: BLOOD I: Oranges

[Fifth & Sixth Members]

"My mask..." Imaginos says, thoughtful, while placing his hands at the mask's sides as if he was going to remove it; having apparently changed his mind, though, he does not. "That is...unfortunate. Anyway, I am glad that you personally have nothing against me, and I can assure you I am not a slaughterer." Yamuna will see her reflection staring back at her from the mask's lenses. "I see that this is a delicate subject, so I will not inquire anymore about it, but I would be honored if someday you could enlighten me on this unconventional method of contracting vampirism. Who knows, I might be able to help you." He then turns to the dragon priest: "Nivahriim, I believe that you can release her now...so that this looks more like a talk between acquaintances and less like an interrogation."
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

[Fifth & Sixth Members]
    Yamuna gives a slow nod appreciating the offer of help. She's a bit worried about giving details of how she achieved vamprism, she might be willing to share with Imaginos though. She silently waits for Nivahriim to act.
    Last edited by Nemixen; 2014-08-16 at 05:36 PM.
    You are a: Neutral Good Gnome Ranger/Wizard (1st/1st Level) - What D&D character are you?

I try and be online every day from 4pm GMT and deadtime around 11pm GMT.

If you've seen or meet Fa'kir, the you maybe wondering what a Luxan is go here

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Fifth & Sixth Members, And Nemixen Forgot Location Tags

"Very well." The Dragon Priest raises his left hand, the one which so paralysed Yamuna, and clicks his fingers with a bony 'snap'; the spell should be broken, though if Yamuna has paralysed herself for whatever reason she may still be unable to move. "Do you both agree to play nicely?" Nivahriim turns his head from one to the other, the featureless mask's gaze seeming somehow piercing. And perhaps he should have asked this before Yamuna was freed.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[5th and 6th Members]

Imaginos returns the gaze, his voice becoming particularly serious: "Had I wanted to harm her, I would have done so already. Fear not, Nivahriim, for I do not wish for this place of sanctuary to be stained with blood." He then turns again to Yamuna, holding out his right hand: "No hard feelings?"

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Pixie in the Playground

[Fifth & Sixth Members]
    Yamuna bites down a growl from IT at the perceived threat, she herself has no problems with Imaginos, Although she is slightly hesitant to shake his hand, its not something she tends to do. With a smile she responds. "None"
    Last edited by Nemixen; 2014-08-19 at 03:34 PM.
    You are a: Neutral Good Gnome Ranger/Wizard (1st/1st Level) - What D&D character are you?

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

Fifth & Sixth Members

"If you were responsible for staining this place of sanctuary with blood, I would kill you and use your fate as a warning to others who thought to violate this place of peace." Nivahriim's voice is calm, collected and icy cold. It seems he does not like threats to those under his protection any more than those being threatened do.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Fifth & Sixth Members]

Imaginos frowns under the mask: it appears he sounded more hostile that he intended to...oh, well. Returning to his joyous self, he replies to both of themWonderful! Excellent! Then, let's everyone forget about this regrettable incident.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Pixie in the Playground

[Fifth and Sixth Members]
    "Indeed" Yamuna replies. "You are an interesting specimen summoner of the void, I look forward to working together" Yamuna removes a small multicolored stone band from her pocket, placing it on her index finger. "My lord" she asks examining it "Are there no runes on this object?"
    Last edited by Nemixen; 2014-08-19 at 03:35 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Fifth & Sixth Members

"No. The magic of Tamriel does not require runes to function. Well, not the enchantment of formerly mundane objects into arcane artefacts." That said, the dessicated Dragon Priest reaches into a pocket of his voluminous robes and retrieves a jasper ring which he'll offer to Imaginos.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"So do I, Miss Yamuna" Imaginos will then take the ring, closely examining it, and while his mask lenses briefly shimmer he will mutter "I see...communication...resonance with nearb- oh, that...low charge...hmm..." before wearing it on his right middle finger and asking Nivahriim "Is this some sort of communication device between members?"

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

Fifth & Sixth Members
    "I believe it absorbs small amounts of trace magic from the environment and holder" Yamuna states offering her opinion on the subject. "and stores it within the stone itself" Yamuna turns to Nivahriim waiting for him to confirm or deny her theory. Yamuna dismisses the possibility of it being a communication device, with such a low charge, it simply wasn't possible.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

Fifth & Sixth Members

"Not quite. It is an emergency beacon. When activated, others wearing another ring will know that you are in trouble and where you are. It won't provide them with a way to get there quickly nor any idea as to your identity, however. It can only store enough charge for one use, and takes about a day to fully recharge. Otherwise, you are correct Yamuna." Which isn't such a surprise, since Nemixen helped write the OP.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"An emergency beacon...but, of course, it all makes sense! Well thought, Miss Yamuna. Still, that pattern...oh, wait." Imaginos places a hand on his mask, murmuring an attunement incantation. "Ah, much better." he exclaims soon after, examining the ring again to verify it was successful. "Interesting device, and an excellent idea."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Pixie in the Playground

Yamuna gives a small nod and smiles at the acknowledgement "Unfortunately I must be going." Grimacing she says "Dinner is waiting for me" she turns and leaves the room.

"It was a pleasure to meet you Imaginos"

Yamuna will be heading for her cart that she's stored outside the gate of the fortress.
    Last edited by Nemixen; 2014-08-26 at 02:41 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Fifth & Sixth Members

"Thank you. My own creation, as are many of the artefacts present within this realm." Nivahriim sounds pleased at the praise. It's been a long time since he's had anyone around to compliment him. "Goodbye Yamuna. Enjoy your meal. Now, Imaginos. Where were we with the tour?"

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"The pleasure was mine, Miss Yamuna." Imaginos says, bowing his head. He then turns to Nivahriim: "Where were we...hmm...you have shown me the rooms, the dungeon, the workshops, and the recreation chambers."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

Sixth Member

"Then there is the Chapel, the library, the main chamber, and the armoury and forge. Which would you like to visit first? From here, probably the main chamber is closest." Nivahriim waves at Yamuna as she leaves, before turning back to Imaginos.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Sixth Member]

The main chamber be it, then. Aftwerwards, I'd like to visit the library, if possible." Imaginos replies, setting to follow the dragon priest once he starts moving.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Sixth Member

Nivahriim nods and floats down the corridor, headed towards the Main Chamber. It's a large room, with rows of chairs that are easily moved and stacked out of the way should the space be required for something else, and a stage dominates the room opposite the main doors. There's a moveable podium on said stage, but it looks like it could be used for a number of other functions. "This is the main chamber. It used to be used whenever my colleagues and I needed to host a meeting or some other event that required mass participation. Should any member wish to use it, they are free to do so."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Sixth Member]

Imaginos follows the dragon priest, himself floating over a black featureless disc. "I see, I see" he mumbles, as he runs his gaze over the entire room.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Sixth Member

"It's not a very interesting room when nobody is using it. So, next, the library. Follow me." Nivahriim floats off, down a corridor and up some stairs. Despite the age of the fortress, the stairs are surprisingly unworn; possibly because the castle's sole inhabitant for the last few thousand years doesn't touch the ground too often. The library is quite a large chamber filled with shelves and shelves of books, with more piling upon the tables and desks scattered between the shelving. The library is divided into several sections, though they aren't comprehensive and some books have slipped into the wrong section by mistake. The sections are Magic, Anatomy, Alchemy, Enchantment, a very large one on Necromancy, History, Religion and a small one on Science.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

The Cart/BLOOD Courtyard
    Yamuna removes the tarp to reveal the man she had pushed through the portal earlier. "Raise" He obediently follows the command "You are to follow me" She says already turning and walking away "However you will not speak or hint at your current status." at this point she has made it to the stairs leading to the rooms.

The bald middle aged man smiles tightly "Of Course", She smirks and says "Oh and there's no need to be polite here, you will treat this place, like you would your pit, Mikeal" He frowns slightly "It would be unseemly for me to act any other way, and it was not a pit"

The Pair will be heading to Yamuna's room, feel free to interrupt them on the way.
    Last edited by Nemixen; 2014-10-01 at 05:28 PM.