New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: You Just Got Schooled IC Group 2

Finally, a rest - a pause
    time to fill
    to fill himself

Gol immediately shifts into a human shape, with a more middling skin-tone and slightly lighter hair. He then runs off without a word to find some secluded corner or dead-end alley, with unpaved ground he can draw on.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Eugene

Deciding he has nothing better to do, Eugene goes off to find a nice comfortable spot to nap until dinner.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

The rest of the day passes uneventfully. Before dinner you decide to go back to the training quarter and head for the mess hall for dinner. Shortly after that, you are told to go back to your rooms and by nine, it was lights out. So much for your first day.

Early the next day, the same wake up call tears through your sleep at five in the morning. You all wake up, perhaps a bit more rested. You move to have breakfast, and while you are there, a couple of Jokers approached Jack and Drilib, talking to them in whispers. You are not sure, but they simply nod and wordlessly follow the Jokers. Clueless, you proceed with your breakfast and wait for the two to come back. An hour passes and still no sign of them, so you go back to your room, electing to wait for the two there.

Outside your room, you notice Harrow sitting down on the railing. With him are two persons, who look to be recruits as well. One is a particularly bestial humanoid with a large canine like jaw, more hair than usual and claw like fingers and toes. He is short and extremely stocky with brown eyes and long brown hair. He wears ragged leathers and hides across most of his body but his hands and feet are bare. The other simply is covered in full armor.

"Oh hey. Ready for your second day?" Harrow calls out as you come close. "Yeah, about your two friends. Some...personal problems came up, and so they are forced to withdraw from training. A bit sad, but it happens most of the time here. But we can't have you two go by yourselves, so I brought new recruits to fill up their spots. Hey, you two, introduce yourselves!"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Skavos growls and glares at Gol and Eugene before straightening slightly from his habitual slump and greeting them.

"Hello. I'm named Skavos Beastfriend. What should I call you? Have you been here long? It's so busy here, I'm not used to being surrounded by so many people..."

And trails off turning to glare at passers by and flinch whenever someone comes too near him. He then turns to Harrow and asks

"You're in charge of our training then? What are we doing today?"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Gol backs away slightly from the glare. He looks much the same as before, with one major difference: bull's horns, coated with ice, grow from the top of his head.

"Um... hello?"

He sounds a lot more withdrawn than he did the previous day.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

One other character steps forward from beside Skavos. While Skavos is an interesting-looking fellow, this one certainly is more than that. Wearing full plate armor, but with hydraulic cylinders fixed on the limbs, there is accompanying whirring and hissing with his every move.

"Greetings. I am called Nutbolt," came a monotonous voice. And while it seems he (or she, you are not sure) seems to have something more to say, he (you decide it's a he for now) does not.

Meanwhile, Harrow nods. "Alright, now that everyone's here, we can start." He drops down the railing and walks towards the door. He opens it and looks at you.

"Come inside," he calls out to you. Once all of you are inside your room, he closes the door and walks towards the chest. From one of the pouches on his belt, he produces a ring of keys and he bends down to use one of them to open the lock. In a single twist, you can hear the lock click open and he swings the top cover up and open, revealing the contents within: assorted weapons and armors, all tagged with a simple emblem in the color you chose to represent your group.

"As discussed yesterday, you will be provided standard equipment. We have taken into consideration the things you wrote down on your sheets during sign up to provide you with all the equipment you will need. You will find those inside here. This chest is a magical device that holds an extra dimensional storage inside, so you can store more than its size would suggest. You can use it to store all your personal items that you won't be using, like your weapons and magical devices for safekeeping. It is magically enhanced to be able to withstand heavy blows, as well as warded magical locks that will allow only your members to open it. It is coupled with a lock made by our finest smiths that can be opened only with these keys," he holds up the ring of keys he used earlier. "Each member will have one. If somebody tries to open it without using these, the keys will glow to notify you of it. Here," he hands out the keys. "Keep it safe. If you were to lose it, you would have to pay for making a new one yourself. And these things are not exactly cheap."

As soon as you have one key each, Harrow continues. "Alright, put your new gear on. We're gonna test them out today."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Eugene

Bowing to Skavos and Nutbolt Eugene introduces himself, "Greetings Scavos and Nutbolt, I am Eugene DeChamlae, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Reluctantly, Eugene takes out the weapons marked for him, appreciative of their masterful craftsmanship and weight, before reluctantly pulling out his pistols from beneath his cloak and setting them in the chest. He is about to walk away when he catches Harrow's eye and turns back to draw out an entire musket from beneath his cloak (which certainly should not have had room to conceal such a weapon) and sets it inside the chest as well.

Setting a few more items into the chest, Eugene steps away with barely concealed dismay at having to forfeit his weapons. How they could possibly be safer in that chest than on me at all times is beyond me, especially since they do me no good out of reach in an emergancy!

8. - Top - End - #68

Skavos walks over to the chest and pulls out a quarterstaff and places it to one side. Then he shrugs off his backpack and tucks his boots and the leather circlet he'd been wearing on his brow into it, before dropping it into he chest along with his cloak and quarterstaff. He then picks the staff up and takes a few experimental swings with it. "Hmm, should be serviceable."

Skavos then takes one of the keys from Harrow and tucks it into a pouch on his belt. "Nifty chest. Can we use our magic items in the mornings and evenings when we're not in training? Or are we completely banned from using them?"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Gol retrieves a chain shirt, then takes a large black cloth from where it was folded by his bed and puts it in the chest.

"Thank you."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, you can use them outside of training," Harrow says while nodding.

"Alrighty, everyone ready?"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Eugene

After taking a few moments to ensure that both pistols were properly loaded, Eugene grins and says, "I would be more ready in an hour when I have had a chance to properly familiarize myself with these new guns, but then what would be the point of making me drop off my old ones? Lead on." He keeps both pistols in his hands as he speaks, subtly shifting their weight in his hands as if trying to find the best grip.

12. - Top - End - #72

"In that case I'll be with you in 30 seconds, I can catch you up if necessary." and Skavos retrieves his Lesser rod of Extend from his backpack and uses it to cast Heart of Air and Heart of Water before putting it back in the chest.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

"No worries, we wait."

Once Skavos is done, Harrow leads you outside and down the path leading out of the dormitories. You take a familiar street that leads towards the training grounds. Upon reaching it, you take a left and down a path towards the west. Not long, you see the distinct sight of the walled-off quarters of the Field.

Arriving at the junction, you take the road parallel to the wall that leads north, and after a few minutes, about a hundred paces after, Harrow stops and turns towards the wall. He walks closer and places his hand on it. Upon inspection, that particular section seems unremarkable, but after a few moments, the area touched by the instructor seems to depress into the wall and after a few inches, slides to the right, revealing a rectangular hole the size of a normal door. Harrow looks back at you and motions for you to follow him inside.

Stepping into the hole in the wall, the door behind you closes as everyone gets in, and you find yourself in a room, or more like a hallway, extending to your left and right. The wall behind you is unadorned, except with lanterns that glow with the unmistakable glow of magic placed at intervals throughout the wall's length. The wall opposite it, on the other hand, looks to be the same except with identical-looking doors set in between the lanterns. There are a few people walking to and fro, and one of them approaches Harrow.

"Good morning, Master Harrow," the man says with a slight bow.

"Good morning, West. Is my room ready?"

"Yes, sir. Right this way please."

The man called West leads you towards your right. You reach the end and take a right, and after a few doors, he stops and turns to your instructor.

"Here is your reserved room, sir. Is there anything else you will be needing?"

"Nope, thanks!" Harrow replies.

"Very well, sir," West bows again, turns and walks away.

harrow moves towards the door and pushes it open, ushering you inside. The inside of the room, you find is nothing but a square room, about twenty feet to a side. Opposite the door you entered is another door, and there is a long bench on the wall to your right. On the corner to your left is a small cabinet, and beside it, centered on the wall to your left is a rectangular mirror. He then points at the bench.

"Sit down." Once you have all settled down, he begins.

"Welcome to the Field. As I said yesterday, this is where we do most of our training. Made by complex devices and magicks, it may look simple on the outside but it takes a lot of people to keep this place running. As you have seen, this place is made up of a long hallway parallel to the wall you see outside. Opposite are numerous identical-looking doors that lead to identical-looking rooms, such as this one, and similarly furnished."

"There are two important parts to this room. That door and that mirror," he points to the door opposite the one you entered in and the mirror facing you. "That door serves as a dimensional door that is keyed to open to certain locations within the Field that the requester of the room has previously arranged for. It will only open from this side though, so once you go inside and close it, you cannot go out until it is opened from this side, or at the end of the day, when you will be forced shunted out of the area and back here. That mirror is a scrying device. It will show what is going on inside the area you are in. This helps when not everyone is sent inside, and also for me to monitor what you are doing inside."

"Now, with that out of the way, let us begin. For starters, you will be facing off with five opponents. Should be nothing you cannot handle. It is but for me to see your natural tendencies in battle. All right, everyone go in."

Once you all step through the door, it disappears, and you find yourself in another square room, this one larger and the top open to the sky. The ground is natural terrain instead of worked stone like the room you came in, and the walls look to be made of steel. To the opposite side, you find five men all wearing similar armor and bearing similar weapons.

"Start!" the magically amplified voice of Harrow tells you.

Spoiler: Map and Initiative
    Show
    Map
    Initiative:
    Eugene: (1d20+5)[20]
    Nutbolt: (1d20+8)[20]
    Skavos: (1d20+5)[16]
    Gol: (1d20+4)[10]

Thugs: (1d20+1)[9]

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Eugene
    AC 22
    HP 60/60

Hearing Harrow start the bout, Eugene calls on his mana, creating an outer layer to deflect incoming blows from his person. His defenses seen too, Eugene examines the field and notices their slight disadvantage in numbers, "I may like our odds in a 4 on 5 fight, but why take chances right?" Comments Eugene as he reaches into his cloak and pulls out Sir Stalwart, powering him in the process. "Sir Stalwart! Ready for battle?!?"

Sir Stalwart
    AC 15
    HP 38/38

"Always ready Master!" Replies Sir Stalwart as he hefts his unique scythe in preparation of attacking foes.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move Action: Activated Mana Armor (-1 mana)
    Free Actions: Talk, pull out Sir Stalwart
    Standard Action: Allot 3 mana in Sir Stalwart (Mana pool at 11/15)

Sir Stalwarts Actions: Move to area indicated on Map, drawing weapon.
    Standard: Readied Action to attack any thug that enters his threatened area. (Has Reach Weapon)
    Readied attack roll: (1d20+8)[23]
    Readied Damage Roll: (1d8+4)[8]
    Last edited by bcool999; 2014-09-25 at 11:02 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Skavos chants an invocation as he moves to stand in front of the team and as he does so his quarterstaff doubles in size and spikes sprout from it. Then he lets out a low growl and drops into an agile stance spinning his staff round in a sweeping defensive pattern.

Show
    Standard: Cast Shillelagh
    Move: Move forwards (map)
    Free: Enter Whirling Frenzy - +4 Str, +2 Ac & Reflex, extra attack but all attacks at -2.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

The Mother of Minotaurs is bashful, yes, respectful, yes, but underneath all that? Haagenti is a minotaur, and that's half bull.

"RHAAAAAAAAAA!"

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Charge!
    Charging at the H1 grunt:
    Attack: (1d20+9)[19]
    Damage (Gore attack): (1d6+5)[11] bludgeoning plus (1d6)[2] cold damage.
    AC dropped by 2 until my next action.
    New map: http://pyromancers.com/media/view/ma...round_id=86503
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

As the battle begins, Eugene and Skavos survey the battlefield. Noting the distance between them and their opponents, as well as their advantage in numbers, the two decide to exercise caution, opting to bolster their defenses, and in Eugene's case, even the numbers game by calling out the ever-trusty Sir Stalwart.

Caution, however, is not a concept shared by Gol and the mysterious one who called himself (or itself) Nutbolt. The two do not waste anytime to get into the thick of melee, with the dwarf charging the one in the center and the armored warrior at the rightmost thug. The binder uses his totem for a gore attack, dropping low underneath his opponent's swing and barrels straight at his chest, doing significant damage. Not far behind him, Nubolt brings up his heavy flail, spinning it furiously and brings it down into a low sweep aimed at his target's legs. He misjudges his timing though and the thug catches his trip attempt with a counter, prompting the armored warrior to drop his weapon to avoid being dragged in and off-balanced.

The other warriors begins their maneuver around the two who came bravely (or rashly) charging in, with coordinated movements, not unlike those among soldiers. One thug circles around Nutbolt to flank him and swings at him, but his attacks merely glance off the armor. This does create an opening for the other warrior: as Nutbolt adjusts to regard the new opponent, he swats Nutbolt's arm aside and swings with all his might at the armored warrior's torso. The damage is not deep, but the sheer force of the swing makes Nutbolt flinch.

While Gol is still engaged with his target, the leftmost warrior charges in with his sword high, thrusting at the dwarf. Gol manages to see the attack just in time to lean back and dodge it, but apparently not quickly enough, receiving a gash on his shoulder. He does not have time to dwell on it though as his original target has already swung behind him for a pincer maneuver. He steps forward to avoid the attack, but as he does so, he steps into the path of the last thug charging in with a similar high thrust. The dwarf plants his left foot and puts all his weight into it to step sideways to the right, the sword whistling past inches from his nose.

Spoiler: Map, Initiatve, and Tactical
    Show
    ROUND 2

MAP

Initiative:

Tactical:
    Nutbolt receives 4 damage.
    Gol is dealt 4 damage.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Eugene

Seeing his allies get surrounded Eugene realizes that perhaps they should have compared combat styles before the fight. I would have much preferred letting them come to us, but maybe we can play this to our advantage as well. Eugene thinks as he urges Sir Stalwart forward, "Sir Stalwart! Advance and prepare to engage."

"Yes Master!" replies Sir Stalwart as he marches forward across the field, ending up almost close enough to strike at the enemy. Meanwhile, Eugene advances in Sir Stalwarts wake, aiming down the barrel of one of his loaned pistols and firing at one of the thugs surrounding Gol. After firing the pistol, Eugene thinks for a moment before dropping the spent pistol and transferring the loaded one into his main hand.

Show
    MAP
    Sir Stalwart: Double move to location on map.
    Eugene: Single move to location on map and an attack against Thug 5.
    Attack: (1d20+9)[15] (I am going to need to invest in precise shot eventually aren't I?)
    Damage: (1d10+5)[7]
    Free Actions: Speaking, dropping pistol, and switching hands.

19. - Top - End - #79

Skavos tips back his head and lets loose a howl before charging the thug flanking Gol.
    "I'll finish this one" He cries in a guttural howl before swinging his staff in a two-handed blow at the thug.

Show
    Map
    Full round action: Charge
    Attack: (1d20+11)[13]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[16]
    -2 AC til next turn (to 17).

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

With the pain, Gol's belt fades in color and seems to lose a bit of substance, but his odd shell grows more vivid. His roaring continues, but takes on a more raw tone, and he bashes his head against the enemy more wildly.
    Show

Swift action to move one Essentia from Wormtail Belt to Dread Carapace. AC down by 1 (but net +1 from last round, since the penalty from cahrging is gone), attack bonus with Gore down by 1, damage bonus to Gore up by 1.

Standard action: Attack Thug 3 (or Thug 5 if Skavos finished 3 before this action)
    Attack: (1d20+6)[9]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[8] bludgeoning and (1d6)[1] cold

EDIT: Map unchanged.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-09-27 at 11:21 PM.
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

The gunslinger and his trusty sidekick move in to engage their enemies, and Eugene fires off his pistol on the move. He seems to be having some issue adjusting with the standard issue pistol, however, as his shot fails to hit where he intends it. He pays no mind to it much, dropping the fired pistol and switching his offhand one to his main. Skavos similarly charges in, his target one of the men circling Gol. He howls as he brings up his staff, spinning it and bringing it down using both his hands. His target, though engaged in melee with Gol, manages to note his attack - perhaps from his howling - and twists in time to parry the blow.

To their right, Nutbolt does not mind losing his flail much: his (its) own body is a weapon in its own. He sidesteps to the right to avoid the thrust from the thug in front of him and spins into a backhand slam directed at the warrior behind him, connecting solidly to the man's jaw. The blow is powerful enough to bend the warrior's helm, and he sways for a few heartbeats before regaining his balance. Before Nutbolt could capitalize on the opportunity, the thug he left behind circles around to his back and puts pressure with fast thrusts and swings. Nutbolt manages to parry and dodge them handily, but even with his seemingly futile attempts, the thug smiles, and Nutbolt realizes soon enough as a downward blow rocks his back: it seems the duo's response to Nutbolt's superior defense is fighting with deftly-coordinated attacks.

The thugs surrounding Gol display the same coordination as well. Even with Skavos and the others closing in, the concentrate their attacks on the dwarf. The concerted offense overwhelms the binder's defenses, and finally one blade finds the back of his shoulder. He manages to turn his body in time to prevent a direct hit and the chain shirt prevents the sword from digging into his flesh, but he still feels the weight of it. The cascade of blades continue, and another nicks Gol on the arm. The compounding damage begins to show its effect and Gol is a step slow in keeping up, until finally, he couldn't avoid a powerful slash to his side.

Spoiler
    Show
    ROUND 3

MAP

Initiative:

Tactical:
    Nutbolt receives 4 damage.
    Gol is dealt 22 damage.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Eudene

"Sir Stalwart, surround and engage!" Eugene orders as he focuses his mana into his pistol, causing electricity to softly crackle along the surface of the gun without harming it. Then, instead of firing on the enemies, Eugene decides to aid his allies who are surrounded and fires a 'shot' at the ground next to Skavos. Immediately, a bright light bursts from that point, blinding some if not all of his foes.

Meanwhile, Sir Stalwart steps a few more paces forward until he stands directly behind the thug Eugene shot at earlier. Silently and mechanically, Sir Stalwart raises his Scythe and brings it down with all the force he can muster.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eugene:
    Move: Activate Elemental Bullets (electricity) -2 mana (10 remaining)
    Standard: Activate Flashbang centered on the square next to Skavos. All enemies must make DC 16 Fort saves or be blinded for 1 round (the text specifically mentions enemies so I don't believe allies are affected) -2 mana (8 remaining)

Sir Stalwart:
    Move action: Move into flanking with Gol on Thug 5
    Standard Action: Power attack for 3
    Attack: (1d20+7)[15] (+2 for flanking, -3 for power attack)
    Damage: (1d8+10)[17]

MAP
    Last edited by bcool999; 2014-09-28 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Fixed Map with Flashbang Origin square

23. - Top - End - #83

Skavos steps round the thug to attack him from the back and swings his staff hard at its head before swinging rapidly again aiming for the thugs ribs this time.

Show
    Map
    5 foot step to flank then full attack with whirling frenzy
    Attack: (1d20+9)[11] (including +2 from flanking)
    Damage: (2d6+8)[13]
    Attack: (1d20+9)[10] (including +2 from flanking)
    Damage: (2d6+8)[17]
    AC back up to 19

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

The small shift in equipment, having failed, promptly reverses itself, and Gol hops to the side before ramming again.
    Somewhere below the blur, he thinks I have got to stop choosing vestiges for social interaction.

Show
    Swift action switching the Essentia back from Dread Carapace to Wormtail Belt. Five-foot to I3 and attack Thug 3.
    Damage: (1d20+7)[26]
    Attack: (1d6+5)[9] bludgeoning and (1d6)[2] cold

Map
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Eugene and Sir Stalwart begin their assault, with the puppet knight engaging the nearest thug. It raises its scythe and spins it over its head before swinging it forward, hacking at its opponent from afar with its long reach. Eugene aims his pistol again at the same target, his weapon now cackling with electrical energy. Just as he is about to fire though, he decides to adopt another tactic. He aims at the ground just beside Skavos, shouts at his teammates, "Close your eyes a bit!" and fires. As soon as his bullet impacts the ground, a bright light bursts and surrounds the fighting. Most of the thugs are able to get the clue and close their eyes as well, but two of them are not able to react fast enough, and they scream and clutch their eyes.

After the distraction, Skavos moves to his right to a flanking position. He spins his staff and swings high, then using the momentum of the first swing, spins the staff around again into another swing, this time directed at the midsection. Both swings catch nothing but air though; it would seem the blinding light affected him at least that much.

Gol, meanwhile, finally decides planting himself in the middle of three opponents is not a good idea, and he similarly circles right, keeping in step with Skavos. He uses the staff wielder's attacks to find himself an opening. When the thug steps back to avoid Skavos' staff, he charges in, catching the man again with his ramming attack, this time to his right side, just below the rib. The attack lifts the thug into the air and as he lands, his knees almost buckle beneath him. However, he summons enough strength not to, and though he is teetering, he still swings his sword at Gol. The damage is obvious though, and the dwarf could easily read his attacks, avoiding them with ease.

Nutbolt also moves around the battlefield, continuing to shift for a better position. Thankfully, the thug he is engaged with was not able to react fast enough to Eugene's attack, and the man is clutching his eyes and swings blindly in front of him. He hits nothing but air though, as Nutbolt is already to his side, bringing up his right hand for a heavy blow to the back of the man's head. The force is enough dent the man's armor again, and this time, he drops forward. The other thug engaging him steps forward and to the side, avoiding his falling comrade and goes at Nutbolt, but his attacks are deftly parried by the armored man's bracer.

The thug being engaged by Sir Stalwart also catches the blinding attack squarely, and he swings blindly at where Gol was. The other thug tries to follow Gol, but with his companion blinded and swinging wildly, he changes target and goes after the puppet. He lunges in after the scythe passes him, but his thrust misses its target completely, with the puppet surprisingly nimble.

Spoiler
    Show
    ROUND 3

MAP

Initiative:

Tactical:
    Thug 1 is dead.
    Thug 3 is barely standing.
    Thug 5 has received damaged and is blinded.
    Thugs 2 and 4 are relatively unscathed.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Eugene

Seeing that his blinding shot was effective on the foe right before him, Eugene quickly reloads his pistol and fires at him, sending an electrically charged ball of metal hurtling toward his still recovering foe.

Likewise, Sir Stalwart disengages slightly from the thug before him to make room for a great sweep toward the same foe Eugene targeted.

Spoiler
    Show
    MAP (removed areas of effect to indicate that the blindness has worn off after Eugene's turn)
    Eugene:
    Move Action: Reload pistol.
    Standard Action: Attack Thug 5 who is still blinded until after this attack. (-2 AC, loses dex to AC)
    Attack: (1d20+13)[30] (-4 if he is still considered in melee even though every ally is at least 10 feet away)
    Damage: (1d10+5)[8] + (1d6)[6] Electric

Sir Stalwart:
    5-foot step (on map)
    Standard: Power attack for 3 on Thug 5.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[6]
    Damage: (1d8+10)[11]

27. - Top - End - #87

Skavos continues to spin his staff in whirling attacks seemingly infuriated by his foes ability to dodge them.

Show
    Map unchanged (possibly)
    Attack Thug 3: (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[18]
    If that attack downs him then Skavos five foot steps to flank with nutbolt (to K1) and attacks thug 2
    Attack: (1d20+7)[9] (+2 if he moves to flank with nutbolt)
    Damage: (2d6+8)[15]

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

nothing'sworkingbacktodefaultplan

"GAAAAAAAAAHHHHH"

Show
    Charging Thug 4
    (1d20+9)[15]
    (1d6+5)[11] plus (1d6)[4] cold
    AC down by two until next action.
    New map.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-10-01 at 06:26 PM.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Gol lowers his shoulder and charges again, this time at the thug engaging Sir Stalwart. He connects, but the man is able to lift his sword sideways at the last moment, preventing any significant damage. He pushes the dwarf off, and using the shoving motion, gets his sword up in position to slash down. His blade cuts through the air and inches from Gol's nose, with the totemist using the thug's shove to step back from the blade.

Nutbolt meanwhile circles right for a better position, and while the thug's focus is momentarily stolen by Skavos' spinning staff, its powerful fist slams into the man's midsection, lifting him from his feet. The poor fellow gasps for air, but manages to stay up on wobbly legs. He looks at the hulking armored warrior in front of him and back at the armorless staff wielder behind him. He had been connecting with a few blows, but he finds he cannot penetrate the thick armor.

The choice is clear.

He spins around and goes after Skavos, using his spinning motion to generate speed and power. And a good choice it was, for his blade tastes flesh. Although the cut is not deep, but flesh nonetheless.

Spoiler: Map, Initiative, and Tactical
    Show
    ROUND 4

MAP

Initiative:

Tactical:
    Thugs 1,3, and 5 are dead.
    Thug 2 is badly damaged.
    Thug 4 still looks good.
    Skavos is dealt 8 slashing damage.
    Last edited by GuyFawkes; 2014-10-02 at 11:36 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Eugene

Reloading once more, This reminds me why I started shooting magic rather than bullets, bullets are such a hassle! Eugene takes aim at the thug before him once more, careful to avoid hitting the injured Gol.

Meanwhile, Sir Stalwart takes advantage of Gol's distraction and circles the same opponent, just out of reach of any retaliation. Then sends another powerful blow towards him as Eugene fires another shocking shot.

Spoiler
    Show
    MAP

Eugene: Move action Reload.
    Standard action Shoot Thug 4, Attack: (1d20+9)[16] (-4 for firing into melee added)
    Damage: (1d10+5)[11] + (1d6)[5] Electricity

Sir Stalwart:
    Move: Circle around for flanking with Gol (staying outside opponents reach)
    Standard: Power attack for 3.
    Attack: (1d20+7)[21] (+2 for flanking added, -3 for power attack subtracted)
    Damage: (1d8+10)[16]