New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAI+ 51: Lay That Hammer Down!

Today I realized that malls are extremely creepy. I went to one today, looked around at all the stores, and saw how many clothing stores were there. It is just plain creepy. I considered getting makeup and trying to figure it out myself but I realized it is available in an overwhelming selection and is rather expensive. I might see if any of my few friends would be willing to help me try makeup. A list of people I could ask is very short. Two people definately and maybe a third person.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Just posting on here that I am still lurking about. Just have nothing to add, so I don't.

However, that being said, I am still available to receive PMs if you ever need anyone to talk to. Want to rant, rave, or slag?

Call me. I can take it. I might even be able to say something that helps.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    There's no checklist of criteria for asexuality, of course, but as someone who identifies as asexual myself, I'd recommend looking at this page.
    Thank you so much. That's actually a really helpful site. I've been in the uncomfortable zone of not really being able to define things.
    But there is no water.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Thaaaaat... actually really, really annoys me. The messy-headed ponytails on guys, I mean. I desperately want to go at them with a hairbrush.
    It's a bit annoying, but the real realization for me is that even what I see as a "neat" ponytail on a man is much messier than the every-hair-in-place style I'd normally wear as a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm... I've been kind of meeting that in the middle by brushing my hair, then pulling it back from the sides into a loose ponytail with my normal part. Sometimes a bit will stick up until I smooth it out, and there's almost always a bunch of hairs at the base of my skull that stick out that don't get entirely covered up because the tail's higher. If I'm doing it because I just feel like it, though (instead of just needing it out of my face and/or something I'm working on), I like to leave a bit loose at the front and keep it behind my ear. X3

*Wonders if you have any advice on handling those base-of-skull hairs? Has been considering laying on her bed so gravity pulls it back, isn't sure if that'd work very well*
    My default girl ponytail uses a pair of clips (this kind) at the back to hold things in. Plus hairspray or gel to control the frizz. There's also the little half-ponytail a lot of women wear as an acceptably messy style. This is formed by simply not pulling the ponytail all the way through on the last loop, instead leaving it as a little loop with the top sticking up. I'm not finding pictures for some reason, but it's a nice little messy girl's style.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    It's a bit annoying, but the real realization for me is that even what I see as a "neat" ponytail on a man is much messier than the every-hair-in-place style I'd normally wear as a girl.
    Oh, that's actually a symptom of men not having nearly the same standards of care for their hair. Not only are they not taught to manage it as well as women, they aren't held as accountable. That messiness is damaged hair poking out untamed and untrained, not just beig messy.

My default girl ponytail uses a pair of clips (this kind) at the back to hold things in. Plus hairspray or gel to control the frizz. There's also the little half-ponytail a lot of women wear as an acceptably messy style. This is formed by simply not pulling the ponytail all the way through on the last loop, instead leaving it as a little loop with the top sticking up. I'm not finding pictures for some reason, but it's a nice little messy girl's style.
    That half loop is my default style, since I'm usually at work or asleep. The position of best comfort ends up with the loop being completely overtaken by the hair popping up, so my hair looks much shorter (you see hair tie and the top hangig down, that's it).

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    Hm hm. I don't really like using gel or hairspray that much, but I do have some clips around somewhere~

You mean like not pulling your hair all the way through? *Always has to loop hers three times or it slowly loosens over the course of the day - lost a holder that one time* DXD

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Oh, that's actually a symptom of men not having nearly the same standards of care for their hair. Not only are they not taught to manage it as well as women, they aren't held as accountable. That messiness is damaged hair poking out untamed and untrained, not just beig messy.
    It doesn't help that a lot of males are expected to keep their hair short - it'd at least be possible to learn how to take care of longer hair if you had it, but if you just sorta grow it out for the first time there's... Quite a bit of trial-and-error (much like growing your nails out for the first time). @.@

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

So, I'm a girl today.

Question- are there any explicitly male outfit/hair choices that are inherently male that I should be wary of? My hair goes down to my back- I usually just tie it up for girl days, but I'm thinking of trying some new things, and I wanna avoid certain choices made for only one gender.
    I used to be Dark Elf Bard

8. - Top - End - #98

'Hello guys, 'sup?
    I just got back from a field trip to DC!
    Also, think I might just be genderfluid or androgynous
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-05-31 at 07:26 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Can I talk to Metditto?
    I have some um. . . triggeresque questions.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkweed Imp View Post
    So, I'm a girl today.

Question- are there any explicitly male outfit/hair choices that are inherently male that I should be wary of? My hair goes down to my back- I usually just tie it up for girl days, but I'm thinking of trying some new things, and I wanna avoid certain choices made for only one gender.
    Spoiler: tl;dr: Can't think of anything you wouldn't know on sight.
    Show

Well, I suppose you probably wouldn't want to dress up as a leatherman(leather man?) then, but other than similarly very specific examples that you should probably already know about, nothing really comes to mind as far as traps or pitfalls. I suppose if you pulled out a Femme Tuxedo, or boring old regular Tuxedo, then you would get some second glances, but that would mainly depend upon how well you were passing and if a tuxedo was ridiculously overdressed for where you were.

As far as hair goes... unless you're a fan of going bald, buzzed, looking like Skrillex, or with a glorious Pompadour, you're probably good. I suppose a chonmage top knot would also draw a mixture of confusion & male coding, but you're not likely to want to wear one of those. Assuming some base level cultural awareness, it seems unlikely that one would accidentally male-coded hair. Or at least, wracking my brain, I can't think of anything that wouldn't be obvious before one had one's hair made up in that manner. Especially if you're not getting a massive length reduction, since the only male hairstyle with length like that would be the cue/queue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkweed Imp View Post
    So, I'm a girl today.

My main advice would be to keep it as neat as you can. Brush it smooth, pull back, and brush it all back into your hand so it's as smooth as you can make it before you tie it up.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

What would "blended face powder" be? In my sisters makeup box thing I have found a reasonably large round of it. I have tried putting it on a few times but it doesn't look right. At least partially because I don't have the brush that goes with it and have used tissue. Would it be foundation?

Also I tries on lipstick today. It feels interesting but I do not know if I actively like it. I don't actively dislike it. But I am the kind of person who often doesn't care what people look like so I have a hard time forming an active opinion about myself. However I have realized I don't particularly like my eyes.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    What would "blended face powder" be? In my sisters makeup box thing I have found a reasonably large round of it. I have tried putting it on a few times but it doesn't look right. At least partially because I don't have the brush that goes with it and have used tissue. Would it be foundation?

Also I tries on lipstick today. It feels interesting but I do not know if I actively like it. I don't actively dislike it. But I am the kind of person who often doesn't care what people look like so I have a hard time forming an active opinion about myself. However I have realized I don't particularly like my eyes.
    It seems to be a "setting powder" whatever that means. I think it's supposed to seal your foundation/wet makeup so that it's more protected/lasts longer/is "sealed."

I wouldn't like lipstick in my eyes either. So why don't you like your eyes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Just posting on here that I am still lurking about. Just have nothing to add, so I don't.

However, that being said, I am still available to receive PMs if you ever need anyone to talk to. Want to rant, rave, or slag?

Call me. I can take it. I might even be able to say something that helps.
    *hugs*
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't like my eyes because they are to far back, perhaps because I am not getting enough sleep. And it doesn't look like the area around me eyes are very big. Not a lot of space above them before I reach my eyebrows. This is made worse by somewhat long bangs.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Is anyone in here willing to answer some adult questions I have?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Banned

I can try to help, but be aware that I am me. Some people find me opaque, some people find me disrespectful or mean apparently, and some people find me too detached from things to be helpful.

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    *Gives Caroline big hugs*
    Thank you I'll need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
    And here's a couple of (kinda low res) photos my sis-in-law took when we went to the Miss Fisher costume exhibition:

Spoiler
    Show

You're just so pretty...

And a life update:

Spoiler
    Show
    Still fighting depression, had a few like panic attacks and such, still not working but I'm on benefits now at least (been about 8 months since I was in hospital). My daughter moved away but she comes down and stays for a weekend every month now and a week during holidays, and she's using female pronouns with me so life's kind of going well in some ways.

Biggest problem is I sleep far too much, like 16 hours some days, just have no enthusiasm to get out of bed some days.
    Like others, I understand the "no enthusiasm" thing, etc. *hug offer* I'm doing sort of okay on my good days, + I'm kept alive by all the work (pleasant or not) I have to do. I rarely actually "sleep" because insomnia, anxiety, stuff. Even so, I'm sort of functional about 8 hours a day, starting around 2 p.m., including the time I spend doing my makeup and stuff. And after that, I spend the evening crying and being depressed until I'm so tired I fall asleep. And after a few days of being functional, I crash completely for a couple of days. Eating is a problem.

Hum. Sorry I answered your post by complaining randomly...

It's nice that your daughter uses the right pronouns though

Today I realized that malls are extremely creepy. I went to one today, looked around at all the stores, and saw how many clothing stores were there. It is just plain creepy. I considered getting makeup and trying to figure it out myself but I realized it is available in an overwhelming selection and is rather expensive. I might see if any of my few friends would be willing to help me try makeup. A list of people I could ask is very short. Two people definately and maybe a third person.
    You can buy it online, it's less scary that way. But yeah, it's never free. But to start/try out, it may be best to buy cheap brands.

It's what it says -- powder. You put it over your foundation, or you can put it without foundation too, but it's not foundation. And yeah, powder without anything, it won't work very well... Video on how to apply powder.

For eyes, you will need eyeliner (prefereably a pen marker). You can do many things and it's relatively easy.
    Last edited by Miriel; 2014-05-31 at 10:29 PM.
    Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DarthArminius View Post
    Is anyone in here willing to answer some adult questions I have?
    I would be if you're still around, but I can be pretty blunt.

20. - Top - End - #110

Yeah, that was so accurate it's scary. Didn't notice I was picking at my nails through it and now my thumb's bleeding.

I hope not. *looks awkwardly at new person upthread's name*

And here's a couple of (kinda low res) photos my sis-in-law took when we went to the Miss Fisher costume exhibition:

Spoiler
    Show

And a life update:

Spoiler
    Show
    Still fighting depression, had a few like panic attacks and such, still not working but I'm on benefits now at least (been about 8 months since I was in hospital). My daughter moved away but she comes down and stays for a weekend every month now and a week during holidays, and she's using female pronouns with me so life's kind of going well in some ways.

Biggest problem is I sleep far too much, like 16 hours some days, just have no enthusiasm to get out of bed some days.
    Zorg, you are so pretty, and you have such lovely clothes! And I hope things get better for you, depression really sucks. I wish I could do more to help you than just write here...

---
    Spoiler: Rant, dysphoria
    Show
    I hate my chest so much these days. It's getting hot outside and I'm so envious of the guys who can just take of their shirts and go topless. But even if it was socially acceptable for people with breasts to go topless, I still couldn't do it because it would make every attempt at passing futile (not that I pass as anything other than female if I wear clothes, but I can at least try).
    I can't wear tight or thin shirts without a binder if I don't want to get stares because my nipples show through my clothes, and I still have to wear a binder with all clothes if I don't want to get dysphoric every time I look into a mirror because it's getting to warm to just hide under several layers of clothes. But binding sucks, it's hot and it hurts, and my binder tends to roll up or down, or doesn't stay in place.
    I really want top surgery but I'd probably have to pay for it myself because I'm not a trans guy and I don't even know if there are any places that offer it for non-medical reasons.

– Juniper
    You can call me Juniper. Please use gender-neutral pronouns (ze/hir (preferred) or they/them) when referring to me.

"We all are vessels of our brokenness, we carry it inside us like water, careful not to spill. And what is wholeness if not brokenness encompassed in acceptance, the warmth of its power a shield against those who would hurt us?" - R. Lemberg, Geometries of Belonging

Stories Art

21. - Top - End - #111
    Banned

Oof. First real brush with Baby Won't Stop Crying. Turned that from a nap to an exhausted sleep. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Lycunadari View Post
    Spoiler: Rant, dysphoria
    Show
    I hate my chest so much these days. It's getting hot outside and I'm so envious of the guys who can just take of their shirts and go topless. But even if it was socially acceptable for people with breasts to go topless, I still couldn't do it because it would make every attempt at passing futile (not that I pass as anything other than female if I wear clothes, but I can at least try).
    I can't wear tight or thin shirts without a binder if I don't want to get stares because my nipples show through my clothes, and I still have to wear a binder with all clothes if I don't want to get dysphoric every time I look into a mirror because it's getting to warm to just hide under several layers of clothes. But binding sucks, it's hot and it hurts, and my binder tends to roll up or down, or doesn't stay in place.
    I really want top surgery but I'd probably have to pay for it myself because I'm not a trans guy and I don't even know if there are any places that offer it for non-medical reasons.
    Mm. I understand. I do think you pass, though, at least visually.
    I'm not sure on the surgery, actually. Worth looking into.

22. - Top - End - #112

WhiteWizardGirl

Oof. First real brush with Baby Won't Stop Crying. Turned that from a nap to an exhausted sleep. >_<
    SiuiS has a wee one? Quick, we must share horror stories of child rearing to scare all the non parents

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Sophia View Post
    SiuiS has a wee one? Quick, we must share horror stories of child rearing to scare all the non parents
    I hear Brazen Shield has one too.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    They should share parenting tips or something.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

25. - Top - End - #115

WhiteWizardGirl

What is this madness? People? Breeding? crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    That's something that never causes arguments

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Well, apparently they've met in real life so maybe they can get on without too many arguments.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, apparently they've met in real life so maybe they can get on without too many arguments.
    Huh, that's weird. Small world.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Asta, stop messing with people, even if it is fun.

Si and Braz have a baby together.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

29. - Top - End - #119
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Oooh no! That's how this whole thing got started! No more tips for her.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Oooh no! That's how this whole thing got started! No more tips for her.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXILNncQwH4