New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Roll to Dodge I: Why don't we have one of these already?

(Hopefully it's not that I'm just posting this in the wrong place and that's why I can't find a RtD game anywhere...)

Okay then! So the idea behind this game is that you can do just about anything you want.

No, really.

Of course, whether you succeed is determined by the GM rolling a d6. I'll use the example of trying to catch a fish for dinner to illustrate:

1: Spectacular failure. You caught the shark from Jaws, who then proceeds to try and eat you.
    2: Failure. Nothing's biting.
    3: Marginal success. Well, you caught a fish, but it's too small to eat.
    4: Success. You catch a fish.
    5: Great success. You catch a really good fish that will feed you for a few days.
    6: Spectacular success. You catch ALL of the fish in the lake!

The exact results are determined by a GM (who can add as much or as little flavor and detail into it as he/she likes), who can also do things like give out -1 or +1 to particular types of rolls on a 1 or a 6, respectively (for example, if you survived the Jaws shark trying to eat you on 1, you might get -1 to all later fishing rolls; or if you got that 6 and caught all the fish, you might get +1 to fishing rolls), or introduce events to complicate matters for the players (for example, that Jaws shark from before might go around trying to eat random players until it's stopped).

Under normal circumstances, the GM would be me, as the thread starter. But there was a variation on the Nuzlocke forums that appeals to me: every round a different person GMs. Or rather, no one person can GM twice in a row. This way everyone gets to be both player and GM. (That being said, I'll still GM the first round.)

Now, there's a few more things to point out. Should you find yourself under attack by something (or someone; it's not Roll to Dodge without any player wars), the GM rolls a d6 to determine how well you deal with it. We'll use the Jaws shark example again:

1: Death (or similarly unpleasant equivalent). The Jaws shark eats you. (Note that death doesn't mean the player's out of the game. It usually just means that they try to get out of the afterlife. Or conquer it. Or just go kill things in Valhalla. Or whatever.)
    2: Wounded. Should you sustain an Wound when you're already Wounded, you die. The shark leaves major punctures in your skin and you lose a lot of blood.
    3: Injury. You sustain a minor injury that gives you -1 to your next roll. The shark leaves you with several scrapes, but you got out of the water before he could do worse.
    4: Dodge. You get out of the water before the shark touches you.
    5: Spectacular Dodge. Not only do you avoid damage, you get +1 on your next roll to dodge that particular thing. As you avoid the shark, you learn its attack patterns and are better prepared to deal with it should it ever return.
    6: Counterattack. You avoid the attack and now your opponent must roll to dodge. You dodge around the shark's lunge and attempt to stab it with your fishing pole.

This game is almost always very ridiculous. So as a player, do whatever you want no matter how absurd. GMs, be as imaginative as you want in determining what happens. Just stick to the basic die rolls (and give people at least a couple of days to post after the results of the last round are posted) and you'll be fine. However, for fairness and to avoid frustration, there are a few ground rules that cannot be altered:

• Anyone can join at any time; there is no limit to the number of players.
    • You cannot take any action that meddles with the die rolls. You cannot, for example, ban the number 1, or cause yourself to roll a 6 next turn. Anyone who tries this loses their turn.
    • You cannot attack or attempt any hostile action against any player until the beginning of the player's third round. (Note that I say the player's third round; if a new player joins in later, you must wait until they have taken two turns before you may initiate hostilities.)
    • Even if you are allied with NPC creatures, you only control your own character. (If someone summons Superman, for example, Superman may help them via GM action and the rolls of the dice, but the player still only controls their own actions.)
    • If you take an action, you cannot then take that same action on your next turn.
    • You may add things to this list, but it requires that you wait a week and, by the end of that week, have a majority vote to add that rule. This is mostly here in case someone finds something they can abuse that makes the game unfun for players or GMs; I don't anticipate much need for this rule.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    You mentioned turns; how often do you take a turn?
    Basically, you post one action, and then you wait until the GM resolves all the actions that have been posted (this usually happens every couple of days). This is a round, which may also be referred to as a turn. (In the case of this particular game, you'll also have to wait for a GM volunteer. Unless, of course, you're volunteering to GM. [Speaking of which, I should note that one cannot take an action and GM in the same round.])

I think that's about it, so I think I'll set the scene for the first round. What happens and where people go after that is up to them and the luck of the dice...

You all awake in separate holding cells in an alien spaceship. You have no idea who or what these aliens are or why you're on the ship. But your cells have windows, and you see Earth from a distance, growing ever smaller. Clearly, the aliens have left Earth and are heading to parts unknown, with you as unwilling (or possibly willing) passengers.

What will you do?
    Last edited by Crimson Doom; 2014-09-12 at 09:53 AM.
    I run the Five Gems campaign, where ponies, griffons, and changlings search for five mystical gems to unlock the vault to the mighty Crown of the Griffon King.
    IC thread

OOC thread

If you like DC, Marvel, and Worm, check out Invincible, wherein Emma Barnes triggers with the Kryptonian package.
    If you enjoy Self-Inserts, Worm, and/or Mistborn, check out Preservation.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Roll to Dodge I: Why don't we have one of these already?

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

3. - Top - End - #3

Basically, you post one action, and then you wait until the GM resolves all the actions that have been posted (this usually happens every couple of days). This is a round, which may also be referred to as a turn. (In the case of this particular game, you'll also have to wait for a GM volunteer. Unless, of course, you're volunteering to GM. [Speaking of which, I should note that one cannot take an action and GM in the same round.])
    I run the Five Gems campaign, where ponies, griffons, and changlings search for five mystical gems to unlock the vault to the mighty Crown of the Griffon King.
    IC thread

OOC thread

If you like DC, Marvel, and Worm, check out Invincible, wherein Emma Barnes triggers with the Kryptonian package.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooh, excellent.

My only question for now is when do we start?
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Ooh, excellent.

My only question for now is when do we start?
    Why not right now? I'm ready to GM this round, so I'm just waiting for people to take actions.
    IC thread

OOC thread

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

In
    I stick my tounge out.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Doom View Post
    Why not right now? I'm ready to GM this round, so I'm just waiting for people to take actions.
    Now is good!

System check: Complete.

Mendevelyx stretches lazily. It would seem unidentified alien life forms have placed him in a holding cell aboard their craft. But why?

I decide to investigate the holding cell.
    ((I noticed the roll code doesn't work here?))

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Uggg, what happened to my head. I feel like I was kidnapped by aliens or something. Wait a second... Memories come flooding back in waves, causing extreme nausea. I'm going to throw up.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

((I noticed the roll code doesn't work here?))
    ((It doesn't? [roll]1d6[/roll] Testing testing...

But the GM rolls the dice anyway. Did I not make that clear? I'll go edit my first post to make that clearer.))

- - - Updated - - -

((Huh, you're right. It's not working. I'll use random.org or something like that. Also, post edited to make it clear that the GM rolls.))
    IC thread

OOC thread

10. - Top - End - #10
    Colossus in the Playground

Christopher(Or Chris) probably looks ridiculous, standing in the holding seell in his half assed Alucard Cosplay. One minute he was winning the costume contest at an anime convention for people with little money, and then next he was here.

aliens, can you believe it? Wait, why would aliens take him? Of course! He must have latent psychic powers that the aliens intend to harvest for their experiments.

Planning to escape, the slightly crazy man tries to activate the psionic abillities that his illogical thought presses claim he has, but probably doesn't.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #11

I'm shooting at doves.

Sorry, the beginning post was too long, I skipped it before I came to the story.

I'll rattle at the bars and try to make them come loose.
    Last edited by Zar Peter; 2014-06-09 at 02:34 AM.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

I attempt to seduce one of the aliens.
    Nothing could possibly go wrong!

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

(Minimal commitment and maximum silliness? Count me in!)

I try to steal the keys, or better yet, a raygun, from one of the guards.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

I attempt to communicate with my alien captors, by first tapping out the first 10 prime numbers on the wall of my cell, to demonstrate to them that I am intelligent, and then attempting verbal and gestural communication.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-06-09 at 06:55 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

((It doesn't? [roll]1d6[/roll] Testing testing...

But the GM rolls the dice anyway. Did I not make that clear? I'll go edit my first post to make that clearer.))

- - - Updated - - -

((Huh, you're right. It's not working. I'll use random.org or something like that. Also, post edited to make it clear that the GM rolls.))
    ((Ah, I figured but thought you might have wanted to know.))

16. - Top - End - #16

((Ah, I figured but thought you might have wanted to know.))
    ((Ah, I see. Well, thanks for letting me know!))

ROUND 1: THE INVASION

System check: Complete.

Mendevelyx stretches lazily. It would seem unidentified alien life forms have placed him in a holding cell aboard their craft. But why?

5. You investigate the holding cell. Made of some unidentified greenish-gray metal, it seems pretty sturdy. The only door is blocked by a forcefield that crackles with orange energy. You can see a codepad on the front of the cell and, for some reason, an identical codepad on the inside as well. There's no furniture or anything, but as you're looking around, you see a tube sprout from the ceiling and drop a container of peanuts onto the ground in front of you. A piece of paper is taped to the lid, with the words "The passcode is 84937758394" scrawled on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Uggg, what happened to my head. I feel like I was kidnapped by aliens or something. Wait a second... Memories come flooding back in waves, causing extreme nausea. I'm going to throw up.
    6. Of all the things to get a 6 on...

You vomit so violently that an alien lifeform (looking rather like the stereotypical Gray Alien) enters your cell, looking quite alarmed. It says something in some alien tongue and moves toward you cautiously. As it does, its foot brushes against your vomit and its eyes go blank. It then bows before you. Apparently you have mind-control vomit. +1 to all hypno-vomit rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Christopher(Or Chris) probably looks ridiculous, standing in the holding seell in his half assed Alucard Cosplay. One minute he was winning the costume contest at an anime convention for people with little money, and then next he was here.

aliens, can you believe it? Wait, why would aliens take him? Of course! He must have latent psychic powers that the aliens intend to harvest for their experiments.

Planning to escape, the slightly crazy man tries to activate the psionic abillities that his illogical thought presses claim he has, but probably doesn't.
    3. Chris concentrates as hard as he can, and after several minutes of concentrated brain power, he manages to clip his fingernails with psionic ability. But that appears to be all he can do with it... he might manage toenails if he tried...

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    I'm shooting at doves.
    6. In spite of not being anywhere near Earth right now, you whip out your custom-model, one-of-a-kind dove-shooting rifle and shoot every dove in existence. This causes quite a few bullet holes in your cell and cements you as one of the few beings that can say they caused a genocide without any assistance whatsoever. +1 to all rolls involving shooting something.

I attempt to seduce one of the aliens.
    Nothing could possibly go wrong!
    Oh gosh.

Oh gosh.

For some reason, the leader of the aliens entered your cell and... you seduced it (since I don't know your gender, I'm keeping its gender vague). No more detail than that. The leader is so pleased with you that he marries you and makes you co-leader of the ship. +1 to seduction rolls. (Oh gosh what have I done)

...well, you definitely got "ridiculous" down. Well-done, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Disc Lorde View Post

I try to steal the keys, or better yet, a raygun, from one of the guards.
    3. You manage to pickpocket some keys from the nearest guard, but they don't work on your cell. Must be the wrong set of keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I attempt to communicate with my alien captors, by first tapping out the first 10 prime numbers on the wall of my cell, to demonstrate to them that I am intelligent, and then attempting verbal and gestural communication.
    5. You successfully do this, and one of the aliens enters your cell and fiddles with a translation device. Once he gets it working, you and he start chatting and really hit it off, and at the end of it, he lets you out of your cell on the promise of good behavior.

Spoiler: Stats
    Show

Spoiler: Rain Dragon a.k.a. Mendevelyx
    Show

Spoiler: Status
    Show

Condition normal. In a holding cell on an alien spaceship.

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show

Reasonably observant.

Spoiler: Gear
    Show

A jar of peanuts.
    A note with the passcode to his cell.

Spoiler: Notable Feats
    Show

None yet.

Spoiler: Modifiers
    Show

None yet.

Spoiler: Duck999
    Show

Show

Condition naseous but normal. In a holding cell on an alien spaceship.

Show

Has mind-control vomit.

Show

A mind-controlled alien.

Show

Hypnotized an alien with vomit.

Show

+1 to all hypno-vomit rolls.

Spoiler: Rater202, a.k.a. Chris
    Show

Show

Show

Can clip his fingernails psionically.

Show

None yet.

Show

None yet.

Show

None yet.

Spoiler: Zar Peter
    Show

Show

Show

Can aim at and accurately shoot doves from a spaceship that's nowhere near Earth.

Show

A custom-model, one-of-a-kind dove-shooting rifle.

Show

Wiped out the dove species.

Show

+1 to all rolls involving shooting something.

Spoiler: Saposhiente
    Show

Show

Condition normal. Married to the leader of the alien spaceship zhe's on.

Show

None yet.

Show

An alien spouse and the spaceship it commands.

Show

Married an alien.

Show

+1 to seduction rolls.

Spoiler: Disc Lorde
    Show

Show

Show

None yet.

Show

Keys that don't work on his cell.

Show

None yet.

Show

None yet.

Spoiler: Ask the Pizza Guy
    Show

Show

Condition normal. On an alien spaceship. Friends with an alien.

Show

None yet.

Show

None yet.

Show

None yet.

Show

None yet.

So do we have a volunteer to GM next round?
    Last edited by Crimson Doom; 2014-06-09 at 09:17 AM.
    IC thread

OOC thread

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Since I'm now friends with the aliens, I volunteer to GM this round.

Proceed, victims.

18. - Top - End - #18

I ask one of the aliens for a starter Pokemon.
    IC thread

OOC thread

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Do you want me to resolve all actions simultaneously, or can I resolve them as they come in?

20. - Top - End - #20

Do you want me to resolve all actions simultaneously, or can I resolve them as they come in?
    ((It usually works best to resolve them all at once. That way there's no question over when to hand over the reigns of GMship.

Of course, you're perfectly free to roll the dice, decide what's going to happen, type it up, and then just wait to post it for a day or so. That's what I did when I GMed and it worked pretty well.))
    IC thread

OOC thread

21. - Top - End - #21
    Colossus in the Playground

Chris takes the fake gun from his cosplay(basically a hunk of wood shaped and painted to look like the Jakle) and begins using it to try and brak the bars of his cell, by pounding it on the bars.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Aaron absentmindedly opens the door, twirling a pencil in his hands. He finally had the Eye of Frog from Earth. What was it he needed to get for the new experimental draught? Selina Ooze, Jarbel from Qarth, and... what was that last thing? With a thud, he walks straight into the wall before turning around and returning to the door. He feels for a handle. No, that's not right, there should have been a handle there! Drat, where was he? The man looks around, realizing he had somehow walked to the prison sector and straight into a cell. Great. Just great.

He fumbles through his coat for the flask that contained acid that would melt through the bars. It was always good to be prepared, right? Of course, with so many vials, it's difficult to keep them straight. As he thinks he has the right vial, another one falls from his lab coat and rushes to the ground to shatter on impact. Fuchsia, speckled with green. And a bit of yellow. Now, which was that potion again? Who knows what could happen!

((A bit late to the party, so a bit late to the cells. ))

23. - Top - End - #23

Ok... I'll shoot at the cell lock.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing what my vomit did, I walk over to he bars. I walk out, and try to induce vomiting towards the nearest cell gaurd.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

You know, once you get to human-alien relationships, I don't think that genders really matter
    And a master seducer swings both ways
    What's the status of the ship? Where are we, and what are we trying to do? Being married to the leader, I don't think it should take a roll to find that out.
    Since I was just on Earth before the start of the game I'll assume we're still near Earth.
    Step 2: I ask my new spouse to teach me how to fly and operate the ship, and then stealthily fly it to an empty desert near (but not too close to) my Earth residence.
    (Just wait until you guys see Step 3...)
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2014-06-09 at 10:54 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

You investigate the holding cell. Made of some unidentified greenish-gray metal, it seems pretty sturdy. The only door is blocked by a forcefield that crackles with orange energy. You can see a codepad on the front of the cell and, for some reason, an identical codepad on the inside as well. There's no furniture or anything, but as you're looking around, you see a tube sprout from the ceiling and drop a container of peanuts onto the ground in front of you. A piece of paper is taped to the lid, with the words "The passcode is 84937758394" scrawled on it.
    Peanuts? Did whoever provide him with the peanuts also presume him to be one of the life forms from the planet he was examining? How trustworthy is this passcode anyway?

Mendevelyx shrugs, punches the passcode in and watches the crackling orange forcefield. After all, the likelihood of something bad happening to him inside the cell was greater than outside and by this point he was bored.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now we're just waiting on DJ Discmaster, Lorde of all that is flat and circle-shaped and contains good tunes.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I attempt picking the lock.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

ROUND 2: THE HOMECOMING

I ask one of the aliens for a starter Pokemon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    4: Success.

Spoiler
    Show
    The aliens chatter amongst themselves, looking back at you with curiosity every now and then. They search through their alien pokedex and also attempt to understand what you mean by a "starter" pokemon.

Technically, an Eevee is a "starter" pokemon, since Gale Of Darkness is an official Pokemon game.

You are now the proud owner of an Eevee with a Bold Nature.

It knows Growl and Tackle, and is level 5.

This will certainly come in handy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Chris takes the fake gun from his cosplay(basically a hunk of wood shaped and painted to look like the Jakle) and begins using it to try and brak the bars of his cell, by pounding it on the bars.
    Spoiler
    Show
    6: Spectacular success.

Spoiler
    Show
    You attempt to break the nearly indestructible composite metal bars of your cell with a hunk of wood. This is obviously ineffective. And yet, you continue to look for structural weaknesses in your cell, and tap your wood against everything in sight. Next to the keypad, there is a small cylindrical opening, exactly the right shape as the barrel of your gun. You slide in the piece of wood, and it disrupts the energy source keeping the cell doors magnetically locked. The energy is re-directed into you, and you are overcome with intense feedback that knocks you unconscious.

When you wake up, you find that you are still alive. You feel very strange... as you move closer to the composite metal bars of your cell, you notice that you are feeling repulsed by the bars, as if you were being pushed away by a powerful magnet. When you turn and face the other way, you feel a powerful attraction to the bars, and are pulled right into them, unable to stop yourself.

Now trapped against the metal bars, you conclude that your body has been turned into an intensely powerful bio-magnet. Depending on which direction you face, you will cause objects affected by magnetic forces to be drawn toward you or repelled by you.

Using this to your advantage, you slide your hand facing furthest away from the bars between the bars, and the incredible magnetic power repells the bars completely apart, and cancels your magnetic attraction to the bars.

You now have the powers of magnetism.

+1 to all rolls involving magnetic forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    Aaron absentmindedly opens the door, twirling a pencil in his hands. He finally had the Eye of Frog from Earth. What was it he needed to get for the new experimental draught? Selina Ooze, Jarbel from Qarth, and... what was that last thing? With a thud, he walks straight into the wall before turning around and returning to the door. He feels for a handle. No, that's not right, there should have been a handle there! Drat, where was he? The man looks around, realizing he had somehow walked to the prison sector and straight into a cell. Great. Just great.

He fumbles through his coat for the flask that contained acid that would melt through the bars. It was always good to be prepared, right? Of course, with so many vials, it's difficult to keep them straight. As he thinks he has the right vial, another one falls from his lab coat and rushes to the ground to shatter on impact. Fuchsia, speckled with green. And a bit of yellow. Now, which was that potion again? Who knows what could happen!

((A bit late to the party, so a bit late to the cells. ))
    Spoiler
    Show
    1: Spectacular failure.

Spoiler
    Show
    The experimental liquid crashes to the ground, and splatters all over you.

Everything seems fine at first, but then, you feel yourself beginning to sweat profusely, and you feel your blood pumping faster, and faster...

Indeed, everything starts to spin, and you become dizzy, and then your mind goes blank.

You fall to the floor of your cell, and instead of the expected thud, you hear a massive splash. Everything goes dark for a long while.

As you awaken, you feel quite out of sorts. You attempt to move around and find it difficult. You feel as though you've been run over by a cement truck... in fact, you find that the only way you can even move around is if you roll in a certain direction along the floor.

It appears, good sir, that you've been transformed into liquid metal!

And unlike the T-1000, you don't seem to be able to return to a solid metal shape at will. At least for now.

This will make almost everything you attempt to do quite difficult.

-1 to all rolls that involve interaction with solid objects.

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Ok... I'll shoot at the cell lock.
    Spoiler
    Show
    6 + 1 = 7.

7: Spectacular success...?

Spoiler
    Show
    You aim your rifle at the cell lock, but notice you've already shot all the doves in existence, and are therefore out of ammo.

You, too, notice the small opening next to the keypad and stick the barrel of your rifle inside. This time, you trigger some kind of security subroutine designed to prevent tampering, and the panel begins to unleash nano-defense robots, which swarm around your rifle barrel and begin to transform it into something less foreign.

You release your grip on the rifle as the nano-bots devour your rifle, and watch in horror as it becomes twisted... and evil.

The rifle shoots out of the opening in the wall, glowing with fearsome power. It is unlike any weapon you've ever seen.

It is.... green.

Your normal rifle has been altered. Your rifle now shoots alien nano-probes that transform the target.

You have no idea what this means, but it sure seems awesome.

You fire the nano-probes at the cell lock, and they completely override the locking mechanism and free you from your cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Seeing what my vomit did, I walk over to the bars. I walk out, and try to induce vomiting towards the nearest cell gaurd.
    Spoiler
    Show
    5 + 1 = 6

Spoiler
    Show
    You manage to corrupt the mind of a second alien guard.

You now have a growing cult of alien followers of your hypno-vomit religion.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-DUCK!!!

Your mission is all too clear now- you must convert everyone to the Hypnoduck cult.

You know, once you get to human-alien relationships, I don't think that genders really matter
    And a master seducer swings both ways
    What's the status of the ship? Where are we, and what are we trying to do? Being married to the leader, I don't think it should take a roll to find that out.
    Since I was just on Earth before the start of the game I'll assume we're still near Earth.
    Step 2: I ask my new spouse to teach me how to fly and operate the ship, and then stealthily fly it to an empty desert near (but not too close to) my Earth residence.
    (Just wait until you guys see Step 3...)
    Spoiler
    Show
    5 + 1 = 6

Spoiler
    Show
    You convince your spouse to let you take the ship for a joy ride back toward Earth.

Along the way, you get your spouse to reveal that even he doesn't know exactly what the mission is, and that it has been classified. The data is stored somewhere in one of the computer's protected memory cores, deep within the bowels of the ship.

He gives you a keycard which will grant you access to that level of the ship.

You now have a level 3 security Keycard.

You also manage to land the ship in a desert without being detected by Earth's intelligence.

Peanuts? Did whoever provide him with the peanuts also presume him to be one of the life forms from the planet he was examining? How trustworthy is this passcode anyway?

Mendevelyx shrugs, punches the passcode in and watches the crackling orange forcefield. After all, the likelihood of something bad happening to him inside the cell was greater than outside and by this point he was bored.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    A hidden door inside your cell unlocks, and leads directly to the Alien Armory.

You find yourself in a room filled with Men-In-Black style weapons.

You are very tempted to grab the Noisy Cricket, but instead, you look for the biggest, baddest gun you can find. As you're walking towards a massive rifle that seems to be prominently displayed in the rear of the ship, you stumble over a small table containing what appears to be a bouncy ball.

The ball goes flying, gaining speed as it bounces off of each surface, utterly destroying everything else in the armory, before landing safely in the palm of your hand.

It is a small metallic object, yet it is soft to the touch, even though it is quite heavy.

You are free of your cell, and now possess the Great Attractor's Toy Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Disc Lorde View Post
    I attempt picking the lock.
    Spoiler
    Show
    5: Great success.

Spoiler
    Show
    You manage to pick the lock using only the tweezers you use to groom your nose nairs, and disarm all of the cells holding every captive in the process.

Dang. You gotta remember how you did that...

End of Round 2.

Spoiler: Stats
    Show

Spoiler: Rain Dragon a.k.a. Mendevelyx
    Show

Show

Condition normal. Wandering freely on Alien ship.

Show

Reasonably observant.

Show

A jar of peanuts.
    A note with the passcode to his cell.
    The Great Attractor's Toy Ball.

Show

Utterly destroyed an alien armory without even trying.

Show

None yet.

Spoiler: Duck999
    Show

Show

Condition naseous but normal. Wandering freely on an alien ship.

Show

Has mind-control vomit, and the charisma to be the new leader of a UFO religion!

Show

A pair of mind-controlled alien followers, who desire to make Duck999 into their God.

Show

Hypnotized an alien with vomit.
    Started a new UFO religion.

Show

+1 to all hypno-vomit rolls.

Spoiler: Rater202, a.k.a. Chris
    Show

Show

Condition normal. On a space ship.

Show

Can clip his fingernails psionically.
    Has incredible power over the forces of magnetism.

Show

None yet.

Show

Became Magneto.

Show

+1 to rolls involving magnetic forces.

Spoiler: Zar Peter
    Show

Show

Condition normal. In a holding cell on an alien spaceship, but the cell is unlocked.

Show

Can aim at and accurately shoot doves from a spaceship that's nowhere near Earth.
    Can transform objects with his nano-probes, as long as he still has his rifle.

Show

A highly advanced alien nano-rifle.

Show

Wiped out the dove species.
    Resistance is Futile.

Show

+1 to all rolls involving shooting something.
    Shooting something always modifies it in some way, positively or negatively.

Spoiler: Saposhiente
    Show

Show

Condition normal. Married to the leader of the alien spaceship zhe's on.

Show

None yet.

Show

An alien spouse and the spaceship it commands.
    A level 3 security keycard which grants access to the ship's protected memory cores.

Show

Married an alien.
    Took control of an alien spaceship.
    Slept their way to the top.

Show

+1 to seduction rolls.

Spoiler: Disc Lorde
    Show

Show

Condition normal. In a holding cell on an alien spaceship, but the cell is unlocked.

Show

None yet.

Show

Keys that don't work on his cell.
    Pair of tweezers.

Show

Disarmed every cell on an alien spaceship using only a pair of tweezers.

Show

None yet.

Spoiler: Askthepizzaguy
    Show

Show

Condition normal. On an alien spaceship. Friends with an alien.

Show

None yet.

Show

None yet.

Show

Narrated the heck out of Round 2

Show

None yet.

Spoiler: Crimson Doom
    Show

Show

Show

None yet.

Show

An Eevee, Lvl 5, with a Bold Nature and knows Tackle and Growl.

Show

Narrated the heck out of Round 1

Show

None yet.

Spoiler: Count Dingdong
    Show

Show

Condition liquid. In a holding cell on an alien spaceship, but the cell is unlocked. Plus, in a liquid state, could pass through the bars anyway.

Show

Has the power to melt into a puddle of liquid metal, and then not form back into a solid shape.

Show

None yet.

Show

Inadvertently transformed self into a puddle.

Show

-1 to all rolls involving interaction with solid objects.

Now accepting applications for GM of Round 3.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-06-10 at 06:20 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    1: Spectacular failure.
    Just my luck. And how did I know??? I was just thinking "Watch, it's going to be a 1, isn't it," and lo and behold...

Anyway, I'll wait my turn to GM for now. I feel like getting out of my predicament. Or getting further into it, as the case may be.