New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,476 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Europa Universalis 4 Thread 2: Comet Sighted!

Wow, it seems like England is a PU machine. Was it just luck for Iberia, or is their some trick?

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Luck for Castile (as that was a succession war between them+me+Austria+Portugal vs France), slightly less so for Portugal (they had no heir, and got my dynasty, and i claimed the throne), and a mission for France (which gives Restoration of union CB)

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ettin in the Playground

I remember a game a couple of patches back. I was Austria. Managed all the mission pu's, then lucked into... France, Aragon, and Muscovy, IIRC. And all but I think Aragon was under one ruler.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Firbolg in the Playground

Just tonight in my Russia game, I got Austria (pretty much by chance, was an ally, had a royal marriage, at some point a Habsburg got on my throne), the 4th largest nation in the world be development, (behind me, Ming, and Ottomans) under a PU (and has 0% liberty desire).

Now France (my other ally) is the Emperor, but imperial authority is wrecked because Austria has 50+ provinces in the empire that now are controlled by a foreigner, although the fact that there only were 5 non-heritics, and therefore, only 4 electors+Austria as emperor meant authority was already trending towards 0, although now it is by -0.79 per month.

Guess I'll need to kill France instead to get Ruini Imperii, and Austria is sitting on 104% overextension and -3 stability, so I'll be killing their rebels for a while.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

This is in the Shattered Europa mod.

I was elected HRE, and 5/7 electors would vote for me again. One of the other two had unlawful territory. So to deal with the elector problem, I declared war on them. Except I also felt a bit like a Stark, at the moment. My thoughts as signing the peace agreement for their full annexation:

In the name of Amedeo of house di Savoia, the Ninth of his Name, King of Savoyards, Lord of the Seven Electors, and Holy Emperor of the Romans, I do remove your electorate and sentence your country to die.

(After that, I gave Verona the newly opened electorate, so I have 6/7 votes)
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ettin in the Playground

The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.