New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: [IC Thread] Adventures In Union - "Something Simple"

Spoiler: Gradak en route to Pelors temple
    Show
    Gradak looks at the man "I was looking for someone who might be able to tell me more a bout a place in the city but if you have some work that will help the city I might be interested"

Suddenly Gradak stops walking "Why don't we get a drink while you tell me all about how we can better the city." He looks back over his shoulder "And I know just the place to get some good drinks, it is a little bit the other way but we could talk while walking about the place I was trying to get more information on."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Show
    The man will seem eager to go with you but the woman taps him on the shoulder and whispers something in his ear. He turns and gives her a questioning looks but soon turns back to you. "I am afraid my friend here is worried a bout some matter she believes more pressing than this, so I must help her attend to it. But i shall leave you this." The snake will slide around his out stretched arm holding a note in its mouth. "This note contains all the details of the job I need done, if you complete it I'll see to it all the information you need about the city is brought to you as well as a a large sum of money. Should you go above and beyond the task I will make sure to add something special to your reward." The snake will drop the note in your hand and the 2 will walk away disappearing into the crowd.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I am dead tired right now, when i wake up in the morning ill write up the note for you.
    Last edited by TheLiquidSnake; 2014-06-20 at 04:09 AM.

Valérie Jeanne - Plays in "Noble Trouble" Corre+ Game
    Cassie Morella - Plays in "Crestfallin" Corre+ Game

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Show
    Takes the note from the snake and starts to speak while quickly scanning the note "I am Gradak and with who do I have the pleasure of....." as he looks up from the note he realizes that the duo he was talking to are not to be seen anymore.

Gradak mutters a bit to himself as he starts to head back to Mael's Pastries and Pints "Well i hope the note contains a way of contacting them". He pauses from time to time on the way to read the note.

4. - Top - End - #34

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: The note
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

By the time Gradaks reaches Mael's he has read the note atleast five times. Uncertain of how he feels about what he has been asked he tucks the note away before entering. Inside Gradak look around to sees who stayed and waited for his return.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dragarn had decided to stay and wait and noticed Gradak's return. Welcome back. What did you learn at the temple?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

A soft snore can be herd coming from a nearby booth where a concealed Dorian, exhausted from the previous adventure, naps awaiting his party and news of gleaners.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Jun also waited for Gradak's return. He then quickly asks like a small child. "What is it, what did you find? Did you even find anything at all?"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Smiles seeing everyone is still here. "Well I didn't make it quite to the temple but I did have an interesting encounter. I am not quite sure how to feel about it" He looks at Dorian "Maybe we should wake him up before I continue." With that he walks over to Dorian and places a handon his shoulder "Time to wake up kid."

Gradak returns to his seat and waits till every one is up ordering a drink "Can I get an other one Mael, I could use a drink right now." When everyone has joined Gradak reveals the letter he has and passes it around so every one can read it while Gradak started talking. "Well I was on my way to the temple when I got addressed to by two persons. While I was hesitant at first their motivations sounded genuine. While they did not yet tell me about the Gleaners they did gave me that letter and told me they will help when this is done." He pauses and continues with a lower voice "While I am for destroying evil I am not so eager in assassinating someone based on a letter even if it is true. But what are your opinions on this?"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Dorian smirks as he lets out a little chuffed laugh.
    "So of the hundreds of people who walk the streets of Union you were singled out by a stranger to eliminate a stranger based on the context of a strange letter. He pauses to see if he was missing anything, then continues "while I might not be above killing someone for money if the circumstances were right, if they even intend to pay us at all, but I am not one to foolishly get involved in politics, especially when it involves the affairs of Union. If he is in any power it has been granted, and we would be breaking some serious laws. The marcanes are well capable of taking care of there own things I think it's best we don't start killing because someone shady asked.

Although even if the intended marks views and actions are a bit off his life is clearly in some danger. Rightly or wrongly I don't believe it is up to these strangers to determine his punishment nor should we do nothing with this information."
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2014-06-23 at 04:55 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Believing strongly in not doing evil things unless for a good cause, Jun says: "We should not kill this stranger until we know more about these people and the person you were told to kill. Even then, I don't like the sound of this."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is an odd event. Why would someone want to hire us specifically to assassinate a man? The last sentance was clearly addressed to us. There is definately more to this than it seems.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

"So we all agree that we need to learn more about these Patriots and this gnome." Gradak thinks for a moment "We might as well take some rest after the job we did today. And start checking this schedule tomorrow as well as finding out about these patriots." He takes the letter again reading the last part "Dragarn you are right about the last part, but how could they have known we had interest in that tower?"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't like this one bit"
    Dorian adds as he furrows his brows and rests a hand upon the stubble of his chin, showing that he is deep in concerning thoughts.
    "The tower is no secret so there's a chance that it's just a general letter made for anyone who appears the adventuring type... on the other hand if it was made just for you that not only means that we were being watched in this very establishment, and may still be... " his voice quietens as he gazes around the room looking for suspeccting characters.but it also means, to gather the info, pass it on, write the note and cut you off,... Well then we are dealing with at the lest a very organised and small party.
    I fear wether we like it or not we are already in this deeper then I would like to be."

Shaking off what ever ill thought troubled him, Dorian nods in agreeance as he puts his arm around Dragarn and whispers something in his ear. Then in a loud stern voice directed to the others he says
    "yes sleep would be ideal right now but we will not be coming with you, you call for trouble where ever you tred and we want our life at risk, due to association, no further.

It is quite clear by his body language he wishes to split the group.

(Only from traveling together will everyone know that Dorian and Dragarn are not actually quite as chummy as Dorian is now acting, the only thing they really share are a few rouge-ish talents and skills.)
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2014-06-26 at 01:42 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Gradak realizes that Dorian is plotting something but unsure what it is he response a little bitterly. "I am sorry you see it this way. Purging the world from evil is something you should embrace not run away from if it is not fully up your alley." Without waiting on a response he walks away from the others and sits on a different table waiting on the drink he ordered.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dragarn nods to Dorian and agrees that it would be good to rest. He finishes his meal and heads off to bed when the others do.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Jun sets down his plate, thanks Mael, then heads up to his room seeing that this is a "argument" of sorts which he would rather not get into.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Gradak reads the note once more after the other left for their rooms and take his time to decide what he wants to do about the strange encounter he had earlier that day. While there are enough reasons not to do it what the note says it was enough for Gradak to look into it and decide for himself if the target is evil or not.

With that he is of to his room for a prayer for guidance in the matter and an early bed rest.

19. - Top - End - #49

PirateCaptain

No one else was in the tavern area with you at the tyme you discussed the note other than Mael.