New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Wait a minute, getting its "heart" ripped out last time didn't kill that thing??

...So is it dead now, then?

If so, I kind of feel bad for Professor Savaddor. Seems like the more important characters are always having to bail him out - first Rand saved the day during the big Chapter 11 battle while his attacks did nothing, now he fights this thing for like six comics before Marnia and Torn (and Kaylethia too, I guess) take it down in half that time. That's gotta smart.

Then again, he's sort of an egomaniac even by WTWU standards, so maybe it's deserved.

Edit: Actually, looking at it again, I might have misinterpreted the art last time: did Savaddor rip a piece out of its chest, or rip it in half? Though I guess it doesn't really matter, since I would have still thought it was dead either way.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-07-24 at 10:36 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

He ripped him in half.

Comic 757 is up. Actual victory this time!

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So when I talk about liking it when Marnia gets to do something cool, she does something cool. When I talk about feeling bad for Savaddor, he finishes off (sorta) the bad guy. Hmm.

...I suppose now I'll try talking about how I wish Xeno would get some more screentime.

On another note, was that thing actually three (or more) Hyptian minds in a single body the whole time, or was the ending just for laughs?
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-07-29 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Belatedly spotted typo
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aha! Their weakness has been revealed!

Keep dividing them and creating new minds, until there's too many for them too handle and the whole of Hypt collapses.

5. - Top - End - #395

Bad news. Last-minute, just before I was about to save the comic, my comic creation file got corrupted and I lost the entirety of comic 758. In other words, delays.

Also...

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Ooh, that's frustrating. Never had it happen with comics specifically, but it's happened to me once or twice with some of my other creative works. My sympathies.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-08-01 at 09:20 PM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #397
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ouch, yeah losing the page like that is horrible. Really sorry to hear that Ing. I hope that doesn't happen again. Thanks for letting us know though; I'm sure a delay won't be a problem for us.

8. - Top - End - #398

You say there's delays, but this comics doesn't really have a schedule.

As far as I'm concerned, every strip is always on time. Do your thing, we'll be here.

9. - Top - End - #399

It sucks. Fortunately aside from that one comic, actual template-loss was neglegible, aside from the Balloon Arc template.

Now I will address this!

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    So when I talk about liking it when Marnia gets to do something cool, she does something cool. When I talk about feeling bad for Savaddor, he finishes off (sorta) the bad guy. Hmm.

...I suppose now I'll try talking about how I wish Xeno would get some more screentime.
    I had plans for Marnia to do something like that since the beginning of this chapter. As for Savaddor, well, I was already debating whether it would be Rand or Savaddor, i'd be lying if I said your comment didn't influence me.

On another note, was that thing actually three (or more) Hyptian minds in a single body the whole time, or was the ending just for laughs?
    You wrote the TVTropes Article for WTwU and you need to ask whether or not something was done for laughs?

758! It's relatively unchanged compared to the previous version I would've uploaded on Saturday, but there's a few things. 1) Savaddor was originally going to fix Marnia's glasses for the simple reason that I didn't want Sereyentheous to, for the simple fact that his doing so might have created a plot-hole later in a portion of this chapter's storyline I have planned out. Fortunately I found a way for Ser to do so that averts the plot-hole. 2) You might have already guessed it but I had to redraw the Fat Arc templates completely. 3) Holy crap! Things are actually planned out?! Actually yeah, a few things.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-08-04 at 07:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    You wrote the TVTropes Article for WTwU and you need to ask whether or not something was done for laughs?
    Hey, back when I assumed Khorne being surprisingly polite and easygoing was just done for laughs, you then said that really was based off your actual headcanon! So you can understand why these things can be uncertain.

As for the latest comic, that was... actually fairly expected, at least in its outcome. It's rarely a good idea to lecture a dragon, and it's never a good idea to lecture a dragon that you're standing on at the moment.

For what it's worth, I think I actually like this version of "Balloon Arc" better than the last one, though I guess that might be more the posing than the actual template.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #401

SwashbucklerGuy

For what it's worth, I think I actually like this version of "Balloon Arc" better than the last one, though I guess that might be more the posing than the actual template.
    Yeah I think the poses and expressions help with the scene a lot. In particular are Arc's eyes; I'm quite liked that his eyes seem to make him look surprised on the last panel, though I can't tell whether it was because he is rolling forwards due to Marina or whether his snout ended up going through the floor.

I also find it impressive how quickly the Custodes can repair something. Makes me wonder how quickly one would be able to build something a citadel or another grand piece of architecture.

Something a bit odd I did notice, though it might just be me. Arc's right arm in panel 4 is drawn at the same size, or at least very similar as the arm is in panels 7. 8, and 9. But the perspective in panel 4 shows that his arm, due to his... tummy-ache, seems roughly around 12 ft (or two Marina-sized people) away from his head. Given that the perspective of panels 7. 8, and 9 are from Arc's right, where his right arm would be closer to the screen, I think it would make more sense if his right arm appeared a little larger in the last 3 panels.

12. - Top - End - #402

Hey, back when I assumed Khorne being surprisingly polite and easygoing was just done for laughs, you then said that really was based off your actual headcanon! So you can understand why these things can be uncertain.
    Fair enough. But it was funny, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    Something a bit odd I did notice, though it might just be me. Arc's right arm in panel 4 is drawn at the same size, or at least very similar as the arm is in panels 7. 8, and 9. But the perspective in panel 4 shows that his arm, due to his... tummy-ache, seems roughly around 12 ft (or two Marina-sized people) away from his head. Given that the perspective of panels 7. 8, and 9 are from Arc's right, where his right arm would be closer to the screen, I think it would make more sense if his right arm appeared a little larger in the last 3 panels.
    First off Arc has consistently been referred to as a "she." Given that robots, including robot-dragons, don't have gender, this can be forgiven. Also, the part where Arc's arm disappears into her rolls of metal-fat is off-panel. I did what I thought made the most sense proportion-wise, but i'll take a look at moving her arms back a little bit in the profile template.

Also,

Comic 759

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hmm. It looks like besides the Targnillians we've got two distinct classes of Hyptian mooks here: the bigger ones with a head kind of like the Superintendent's, and the smaller ones that have been seen before.

So, if they had one "miniboss" fight already (to say nothing of all the random shenanigans before that), and they're going to have to fight again just to get into this Professor Iddex's server... this is going to be a pretty long chapter, isn't it?

The ending for this one felt a bit off, since the penultimate panel reads a lot like a punchline. Though it does confirm that losing their glow is the Hyptian equivalent of X's in the eyes, I suppose.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404

What I find interesting, although I know it's a bit early to say, is that in the last panel Rand's plasma blast doesn't seem to be as effective as the obviously effectual "direct physical damage" that Torn is dealing.

Maybe it's just me and the way you drew the panel, or maybe it's intentional. But regardless, it's obvious that Hyptians would be somewhat protected against this kind of damage. Rand's repertoire is limited, I know, but I would expect him to make a more appropriate choice.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Maybe the bigger ones are just harder to kill. Kayl's plasma rifle seems to be working well enough.

By the way, totally random question for Emperor Ing: is the character visible in the bottom left of Comic 610's second panel supposed to be a stick-ified Darth Vader? It looks sort of like Darth Vader, but it's hard to see.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406

By the way, totally random question for Emperor Ing: is the character visible in the bottom left of Comic 610's second panel supposed to be a stick-ified Darth Vader? It looks sort of like Darth Vader, but it's hard to see.
    Yes. Yes it is. The blur does make it hard to see, doesn't it?

17. - Top - End - #407

Anyways...

Comic 760 is finally up.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

YAAAAAAY MORE XENO YAAAAAY

Not sure what else I have to say about this one, except that of course having magical defenses against comically-oversized-chainsaws counts as "common sense" in this setting. And the sight gags were fun.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-08-12 at 10:20 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409

The gag is funny, but why would SaavadorKalros expect the bigger one to work better than the original size? The materials and enchantments from which they're made would be all that matter.
    Last edited by Keios; 2015-08-15 at 08:38 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410

Size categories do increase dice damage and I thought the visual gag of Kalros increasing the chainsaw's size was amusing...

Comic 761 is up.

21. - Top - End - #411

Well, you see, Kalros, it is equally rude to come for a visit unannounced. Maybe you should make an appointment.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...Superintendent Kalros has ARMS??

And he's apparently had them the whole time, too, and is not just manifesting them in response to this latest problem. Huh.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413

I wonder what Kalros' reaction will be when someone informs him he can knock on the door by manifesting a robotic arm or just head-butting the door.

Comic 762. I dunno why, I thought this was funny.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-08-17 at 03:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Man, I still have no idea what Xeno is up to with this playing-both-sides thing. Supporting the guy attempting the extermination of all organic life, even partially, doesn't seem like his style. Back when I thought the Superintendent had a hidden motive, I thought they might be in it together, but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

I dunno why, I thought this was funny.
    That should totally be the new WTWU tagline.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415

For thread 4, yes. Eventually. In a year or two from now.

Comic 763 is up. FINALLY!!

The reason this one took so long was because, well, lack of ideas. I like how this came out though.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Oh, monologuing villains, will your self-destructive ways ever end?

Rand was pretty badass here, but probably not as much as he would have been if he wasn't sleeping with a Jeroshaw plushie. Not that I'm complaining, though - that thing was adorable, and I'd love to see a blown-up version of it.

Also, wow, shadow effects. Don't see those much in this comic.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #417

Seventh panel, duplicated speech bubble.

Is Marnia about to suplex a giant Hyptian? I'd like to see that. It's no train, but amusing anyway.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Actually, I think it's lifting her up, since the Hyptians are supposed to be countering what beat them in the past.

(Well, or trying to, at least)
    Show

29. - Top - End - #419

Bad news. No new comic. Expect a lengthy delay. Nothing too serious, but my left mouse button is sticky and I have no idea why. Needless to say, it's making making a comic a rather...frustrating endeavor.

30. - Top - End - #420

SwashbucklerGuy

Bad news. No new comic. Expect a lengthy delay. Nothing too serious, but my left mouse button is sticky and I have no idea why. Needless to say, it's making making a comic a rather...frustrating endeavor.
    Yeowch. That's awful. I've had that with a couple keys on my laptop keyboard but never with the mouse (instead that thing will often either double click or not register a click for no reason, which isn't as bad). Hope you can get that fixed.