New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Well, that sucks. I've had more than my fair share of laptop problems, but never with the mouse. I can only guess how inconvenient it must be.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-08-28 at 10:54 PM.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Forget about the comic. How are you gonna play FPSs now? My deepest sympathies.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Colossus in the Playground

Well I got a USB mouse now, so I just need a couple months to get used to using it. It glows so that's alright.

Comic 764 is up.

Also, I made these.

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-09-01 at 12:57 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Ah, good to hear.

Those are nice planets. Is there anything behind them?

As for the comic: I guess now we get to find out whether the Superintendent's seemingly-suicidal overconfidence has any basis in fact. Obviously I doubt it, but he is supposed to be a genius, and from a more meta perspective I doubt this chapter's conflict is going to get wrapped up in two comics just because Lahvin got bored.

On a note mostly unrelated to this specific comic: someday, I'd be curious to learn Marcellan's backstory. I think he's the only AI we've ever seen who's loyal to a specific mortal nation.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

5. - Top - End - #425

I'm really curious to see where, between earth-shattering and galaxy-shattering, the ensuing explosion falls in terms of magnitude.

Also, yeah, nice planets. It took me a while to realize the first one wasn't real.
    Last edited by Keios; 2015-09-01 at 08:32 AM.

6. - Top - End - #426

There's no elaborate backstory behind the planets. I just threw 'em together.

Comic 765! No, the mouse didn't make me more productive. I'm still getting used to it, I just came up with an idea for a comic (three, actually. Having to decide between which one was the reason this comic wasn't finished yesterday.)

Also, I can draw stars too.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I guess Kalros knew what he was talking about. That's some forcefield.

The color and lines are kind of off in the second panel in particular. I'm not sure if it's because Marcellan's model doesn't look as good close up, or if it's supposed to be an effect of Lahvin having damaged the comic.
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

8. - Top - End - #428

A tear in reality. Huh. Of course I didn't see that coming. This comic.....

Be sure not to let The Warp leak in.

9. - Top - End - #429

After the breach of the Webway of Mankind and the Horus Heresy, by now the Warp should know better than to enter realspace in proximity to a Custodian. I mean, even Dr. Doom gives Squirrel-Girl deference.

Comic 766

Q? C? C?

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The Hyptians may be learning, but Kaylethia sure isn't. You wouldn't think someone would live to be 700 (or whatever) in a setting like this without some common sense, and yet...

Though while I enjoyed the character humor here, far and away the funniest part of this one was the mook in the background of panel 2 covered in like a dozen grenades. Like Rand said before, they may be getting smarter, but they'll never actually be smart.

(Is that crack in reality going to stick around for the rest of the chapter?)

Great expressions here, by the way. I still miss the OOTS-Style designs, and I probably always will, but the characters definitely emote way better now.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-09-08 at 12:02 AM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #431

I did make this art shift as a way of challenging myself artistically. That said I would expect some additional changes, pretty much entirely centered on humanoid characters as i'm not completely satisfied with how they look.

I'm probably gonna split this arc into two chapters, just so I can take a haitus.

Comic 767 is up.

12. - Top - End - #432

The combat look awesome and pretty smooth. But that's not what I wanted to talk about.

At this point, I'm already wondering how the "tear in reality" will be fixed. Custode pushing both ends towards each other? Transcendental needle and sowing? 4-dimensional stapler?

Stay tuned!

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I know he helped take down the first Targnillian, but it seems like it's been a while since Torn got to do anything cool, so good on him, I guess. Though as with Powers in the last chapter, it's kind of jarring seeing him looking more visually hardcore here when his unassuming stick-figure appearance has been so ingrained in my mind as part of the character.

Also seems like it's been a while since we saw a Hypt Dragon. I was wondering if they were intentionally taking a backseat to the other kinds of platforms this time around.

Re: splitting the chapter - is this just going to happen when you feel like it, or do you plan to have it fit with the story structure as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    The combat look awesome and pretty smooth. But that's not what I wanted to talk about.

At this point, I'm already wondering how the "tear in reality" will be fixed. Custode pushing both ends towards each other? Transcendental needle and sowing? 4-dimensional stapler?

Stay tuned!
    Normally I'd guess it'd be the Emperor, but after last chapter, I'm not sure he wants to go anywhere near the Custodes.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #434

Again sorry for the delay. I've been distracted. A lot.

Comic 768!

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hope everything's all right.

As for the comic: so it was the Emperor who stepped in to (literally) patch things up. Chalk that up as another wrong prediction on my part...

Marnia certainly seems able to absorb and deal damage better than she used to. Though to be honest, the tear-in-reality gag made the action in this one a lot harder to follow than it would have been otherwise. I had to read it a couple times to figure out what she was doing in the first row of panels, for instance. Probably doesn't help that so much is in either green or black.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Hope everything's all right.
    I can assure you i'm not in any tough binds or anything. I'm just doing a bunch of things at once.

Also, Marnia's always been pretty tanky. Just a hundred comics ago (!!!) Marnia took a point-blank minigun to the gut and took zero damage, nor was she phased after she bit down on a rocket mid-flight, and it exploded. In her mouth.

Comic 769 is up.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-09-22 at 09:33 PM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Oh, god, Marnia and Ser really are actively influencing each other. I don't know whether this is awesome, horrifying, or (most likely) both.

And a hearty round of applause to the Emperor for patching up the comic. Like I said, that was gonna get old pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Also, Marnia's always been pretty tanky. Just a hundred comics ago (!!!) Marnia took a point-blank minigun to the gut and took zero damage, nor was she phased after she bit down on a rocket mid-flight, and it exploded. In her mouth.
    Heh, I'd forgotten about the rocket thing. Though I'd argue there's a difference between being able to absorb actually taking a bunch of damage and having your equipment outright block it. On the subject of equipment - I don't remember her metahammer being able to do that shield bubble thing before? Wonder if it got an upgrade.

Have I really been reading this for over a hundred comics now?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438

It takes about 30 minutes to apply that effect to a comic. The bulk of that time is spent re-applying things like text bubbles and sound-effects to their original place. Trust me it wasn't that fun, and it wasn't going to last forever.

Comic 770!

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Geez, things aren't going very well for our heroes here. I guess the Targnillians' adaptations include an immunity to the inverse ninja law.

Still kind of weird to see a comic where almost all of Marnia's "dialogue" is in normal speech.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #440

It's starting to amaze me that the Targnilian is lasting this long or giving so much trouble. For not being a major character, it's proving to be a meddlesome foe.

21. - Top - End - #441

No comment on the Inverse Ninja rule.

Comic 771!

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Heh. I haven't really thought about it before, but Marnia and Kayl are actually pretty similar at times. No wonder they hate each other so much.

I'm coming to half-suspect Marnia can actually absorb a fifty-foot fall on her own, but I'm going to go ahead and root for Arc to catch her, because out of all of the people here who can fly or effectively fly, Arc is the only one who has basically never ever done anything useful in the past.

Though I'm not sure I'd call this Targnillian out for the count yet. Didn't the last one take like four more comics to finally die once it had been flipped?
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-10-02 at 10:56 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443

I don't know why she's so worried, I never doubted she can take the fall. Specially is she leaves a Marnia-shaped hole in the ground, everyone know those don't cause damage.

24. - Top - End - #444

She's still working on getting a reliable method of flight. We'll get there someday!

Comic 772!

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Woooo! GO MARNIA!!

Seriously, she seems to have gotten a lot more badass since the art shift. Did her character growth last chapter result in a big bundle of roleplaying XP or something? Or (more disturbingly) are Ser's lessons more effective than I guessed?

Love the Hypt Dragon, as well. I'm going to miss them when they leave the story once this storyline ends (as I'm assuming they will); they're hilarious.

Though on the negative side, I guess this means Arc has still failed to make any useful contribution whatsoever to the party. Stupid more-important characters stealing all the glory.

Edit: On a more serious critical note, I did have trouble figuring out exactly what happened again initially. The Hyptians' limited color palette is making some action scenes with them a bit hard to follow.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-10-07 at 07:38 PM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #446

Do the Hyptians really qualify as Evil? They're not following their directives out of hate or joy, they are kind of utilitarian, thinking their way is the only logical one.

Or maybe I'm a bit out of touch with the definitions for the 9-alignments system.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I thought the Hyptians (the ones following the Superintendent, anyway) seemed pretty clearly Lawful Evil.

Or at least the Hypt Dragons do. I've been wondering whether some of the others have been tricked or brainwashed somehow by Kalros.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #448

For the purposes of this comic i'm using the standard 9-points alignment system, but it doesn't really come up a lot so make of it what you will. In general expect it to be played fast and loose with. In my opinion Kalros, the Hypt Dragons and the Hyptians following Kalros are Lawful Evil.

Doesn't matter how you look at it, Kalros is initiating the use of force against first the Kingdom of Eternus but eventally to others towards the objective of a purely mechanical Aios free of organic life. Is he doing it for purely logical reasons and not out of anger, malice or hatred? Of course. but, y'know...genocide usually gravitates those who commit it to the southern regions of the Great Wheel. Just a rule of thumb.

Comic 773.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...Well, okay, that was slightly creepy. Which I wonder if was what Kaylethia was trying to achieve in the first place.

Also, is it wrong that I'm actually finding her post-combat look here to be sort of attractive? I mean, as cartoony borderline stick figures whose real (?) forms aren't remotely humanoid go, anyway.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-10-12 at 10:20 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #450

Taking down that whole thing by herself is impressive enough.

But I can never get mad at Kaylethia trying to mess with princess Marnia.
    Last edited by Keios; 2015-10-13 at 03:00 PM.