New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

I'm actually a bit surprised at how much more I've come to like Kaylethia over the last several months. When I first read through the archives, I thought she was kind of flat and static. I still think she's a little two-dimensional, but it's in a very entertaining way - rather like Major Powers.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Well that's a success.

Comic 774 is up. This is one of those "does nothing to advance the plot but I thought it'd be funny" comics.

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The Superintendent rules. I mean, he's terrible, but he rules.

Heh, Cannonfodder-class. And yay, we finally have a name for the Hyptian Elite (-But-Not-As-Elite-As-The-Hypt-Dragons) Mooks.
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Barbarian in the Playground

IF they really think they've seen every spell, they're in for a surprise.

5. - Top - End - #455

Bad things happen to those who think they've seen all of Rand's tricks.

Comic 775. Because the Targnilians just were NOT big enough!

6. - Top - End - #456

Oh, I'm sure some, if not all, of the others noticed, they just didn't think it was important to point out.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I've actually been sort of wondering why we haven't seen Kalros taking a direct role (apart from shenanigans with the Custodes, anyway). During Chapter 11 he seemed to be able to handily defeat everyone who went up against him without, so far as I could tell, even taking damage.

Also, far be it for me to criticize anyone on their fashion choices, but I have to say that Professor Iddex's decision to combine the Hyptian aesthetic with pink of all colors is a little... dubious.

I do like the design of the skyship.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-10-19 at 06:32 PM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #458

Nobody said Kalros is completely sane.

And i'm glad you like the design of the ship. I've been holding onto it for a while, actually. Maybe not from that angle, but i've been holding onto it. I've also been holding onto Professor Iddex's template for a while now and I REALLY like how it turned out. The reason Iddex wasn't seen was NOT because there was no drawings!

Comic 776. Still no visuals of Iddex.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-10-22 at 10:37 PM.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Weak" or not, I bet Savaddor could technomance her up a much bigger gun than that if she had just thought of asking him. Silly Kaylethia, always only thinking about herself.

Rand's character moment here was pretty cool. Though of course it was also a bit unusual, for this comic.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #460

"Oh I know that look[...]" This has happened before. All this will happen again.

The only thing I took away from this strip is that there will be huge, pretty lights on the next one.

11. - Top - End - #461

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    The only thing I took away from this strip is that there will be huge, pretty lights on the next one.
    If that weren't the case, then it wasn't made by me.

Comic 777. 32 panels!! I kinda went nuts here. This was originally going to be two comics but I couldn't justify the divide to myself. I also had a lot of fun making it,

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, it's up against some pretty stiff competition, but this might be the single comic with the most "lasers" in the entire history of WTWU so far. Is there anyone left in the party who can't hurl glowing beams of death?

I'm guessing next comic will be them bickering over which one actually managed to kill the thing.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, this is the first time we've seen Torn use his Vector Witch powers in a totally non-sinister context. Filing that away as a data point.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463

Torn was genuinely concerned about dying, but had to make almost no effort in order to destroy the Cloud class. Even when trying to go unnoticed.

Weird.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Torn was genuinely concerned about dying, but had to make almost no effort in order to destroy the Cloud class. Even when trying to go unnoticed.

Weird.
    An overcharged galick gun, plus an upgraded 'biggest weapon kayl has', plus Seraphim's light, and Torn still needed the help of an overeating Hypt dragon in order to completely ensure his survival (reminder: Torn was worried about FATE killing him)
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #465

Oh, I see. Because of the transition between panels 27 and 28, it looked to me that the only laser that mattered in the end was the one coming from Arc. I expected all 4 lasers to come from at least 2 different origins (since Arc is separated from the other 3 by what I assume is a reasonable distance) and converge on the Cloud-class ship to destroy it, so it seemed to me like in the end Torn was the only one that mattered, hence me questioning his concerns.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Also, as far as the killed-by-Fate thing goes: what little we've had described of Vector Witch powers indicate they involve screwing (or if you prefer 'skrewing') with fate somehow. Maybe the flip side to that is a risk that Fate will sometimes screw you back.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-10-26 at 11:54 PM.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #467

Hopefully i'll be able to establish more regarding Vector Witchcraft. Still, good to know what I have hinted at has been noted.

Comic 778. This comic wasn't meant to clarify the confusion. This was going to happen no matter what the comments read. I simply finished panel 4 and I couldn't figure out how to continue without a comic split. It happens.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Ah, the Emperor, always so helpful to confused readers. Though usually he grumbles about it a bit more as he does it.

A bit disappointed in this outcome; their combined beams killing it would been more entertaining.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Hopefully i'll be able to establish more regarding Vector Witchcraft. Still, good to know what I have hinted at has been noted.

Comic 778. This comic wasn't meant to clarify the confusion. This was going to happen no matter what the comments read. I simply finished panel 4 and I couldn't figure out how to continue without a comic split. It happens.

Wow, I was WAY off.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #470

Is Rand upset about having his kill stolen, or about not getting to show off?

Probably both, I'm guessing.

21. - Top - End - #471

Is Rand upset about having his kill stolen, or about not getting to show off?

Probably both, I'm guessing.
    Uh, that wasn't Rand.

Comic 779. Professor Iddex REVEALED!!

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-10-31 at 11:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yeah, I think I'm going to like Professor Iddex. He (she? Does it even matter?*) does indeed have a pretty cool looking design, and his inexplicable antagonism towards Savaddor seems like the right stuff for fitting in with this bunch of misfits.

(*As I recall from Savaddor's introductory comic, I suppose it might matter, but since he and Iddex seem to detest each other it's likely a moot point.)
    Show

23. - Top - End - #473

I think i've said it before, but don't worry too much about the gender of robots. The use of 'he' vs 'she' with robots is more reflective of their personality than anything biological or mechanical.

Comic 780! Yeah, this one came early. Merry Christmas!

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Aw, poor Hypt Dragon exposition flunky; I kind of like "him". The really sad part (though I guess it's a good thing from the world's perspective) is that I expect it's not even going to work, since what Arc did probably isn't replicable without Vector Witchery involved.

Speaking of both exposition and Arc, lots of interesting background information here. And an... unexpected full name.

The Superintendent is so nuts. I'm sort of wondering now whether the climax of the arc is going to involve his minions collectively deciding he's completely insane and ousting him in favor of that First Hypt Dragon who was mentioned as a potential future villain some time back.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #475

So the Superintendent is going to take out of comission/incapacitate the rest of his forces, or at least the hypt-dragons class. Strange, to see things work out favorably for the heroesprotagonists.

26. - Top - End - #476

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    The Superintendent is so nuts. I'm sort of wondering now whether the climax of the arc is going to involve his minions collectively deciding he's completely insane and ousting him in favor of that First Hypt Dragon who was mentioned as a potential future villain some time back.
    Dark Star. The first Hypt Dragon. Don't worry, he'll probably show up eventually

Comic 781.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, that was one of the funniest comics in recent times. The panel of giant spherical Hypt Dragons falling from the sky in panic actually made me laugh out loud, which doesn't happen very often. And it's good that we now have a pronoun for Professor Iddex. (Stupid English.)

I liked the detail of Ser apparently shielding Marnia from the falling Hypt Dragons. How... heromantical, maybe? Romanteretical?

I'm confused by what Rand is doing in the last row of panels. I mean, obviously he was teleporting, but to where? Was he just retrieving Jeroshaw? I thought he didn't need to do that physically.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #478

I think Rand is just the first to go into action, impatient as he is. Besides, he didn't get to use his hadouken yet, and he's eager to.

I agree on calling this strip the funniest in a long run, fore sure. Only in this comic could this situation happen.

29. - Top - End - #479

I swear my sole purpose as a writer seems to be towards the avoidance of Cerebus Syndrome. OotS definitely didn't last this long.

With this in mind, Comic 782! Now with a whole TWO panels!!

Usually I think out the dialogue just before writing this comic, and...well, the joke just came to me.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...But isn't the Imperium's Couch Potato Emperor grey too? More of a corpse-grey than a Madness Style grey, but still.
    Show