New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Well, I suppose that was inevitable.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

It keeps going.

Comic 867!

Also, i've got yet another idea for a story arc after this one. I won't give any details but I have some concept art you might want to look at. Maybe you can infer what my ideas are.

Spoiler
    Show

And...Hypt II Dev Vlog videos! I should just use the video embed tool.

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-12-18 at 09:35 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...That was unusually random, even by WTWU standards.

Re: concept art - my first guess is that there's going to be a mirror universe arc (which would be totally cool, don't get me wrong), but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what that guard guy is. He looks more like a mash-up of various design elements than an obvious counterpart to anything. On the other hand, even without the filename that looks like an evil AU Marnia, not just a new costume.
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Barbarian in the Playground

That is now the most important strip in the arc.

I so decree it.

5. - Top - End - #785

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    That is now the most important strip in the arc.

I so decree it.
    I will not contest this.

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Re: concept art - my first guess is that there's going to be a mirror universe arc (which would be totally cool, don't get me wrong), but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what that guard guy is. He looks more like a mash-up of various design elements than an obvious counterpart to anything. On the other hand, even without the filename that looks like an evil AU Marnia, not just a new costume.
    I won't confirm or deny anything, save that the second one clearly isn't clear enough.

Comic 868! I feel like i'm jumping forward a bit fast, but I couldn't think of anything to add in the meantime.

In the concept art field, I made a few changes to the [nondescript soldier man] to make his origins more clear. I also moved the rifle. A few minor changes made but nothing noteworthy, just moved it to make the detail concealed by it visible.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #786
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

That does clear it up a lot. I was thinking his rifle had some Tau design elements before, but they were only one of several things I could potentially see.

Comic 868!
    Props to Savaddor - I feel like a number of characters wouldn't bother wasting any concern on the Three Stooges.

I was kind of hoping that the professor powers united thing would lead to some kind of anime spoof instead of just a TECHNO-FREEM, though.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2016-12-23 at 01:51 AM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #787

You made a futuristic Spanish Conquistador.

Having little knowledge about WH40k, that's what it looks like to me because of the hat.

8. - Top - End - #788

I can see that, though what I was going for is Roman Gladiator.

So let's push that a bit more!
    Spoiler
    Show

First one is previous. The second has a mohawk. The third has a mask that more closely resembles that of gladiator helmets, in addition to looking absolutely terrifying (which actually works extremely well for the Tau Empire of this alternate universe. While the Tau of Warhammer 40k aren't good, in the context of the universe they're the closest thing to the good guys. This Tau Empire is different, though i'm sure you can guess how as if the bayonet on the Pulse Rifle didn't give that away.) The fourth has the gladiator mask and mohawk.

Truth be told, the idea for this version of the Tau isn't mine, but i'm the first (that I know of) to make art for them, and you can be damn sure i'll expand on the original idea!

Also, it's good to know how clear my intentions were for AU Marnia in her character design

I won't say what this AU entails yet, however.

Anyways, Merry Christmas, and Happy Sanguinala to all you wonderful heretics. I give you the gift of comics!

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-12-25 at 10:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

That was awesome. Only issue is that a couple of speech balloons have their first line struck through.

(Also, really nitpicky, but I think that's just "in-laws" and not "sons-in-law").

Of those concept designs, I like 3 the best. The gladiator mask is cool, whereas the "mohawk" crest just looks kind of silly.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #790

I agree. Third gladiator, all the way.

I also wanted to say "That's too many Custodes", but we all know that's not true. If anything, it's too many Custodes in one place.

11. - Top - End - #791

I'm not 100% sure what you would call the brother of the man who marries your daughter. Son-in-law seems the most logical.

Also, I have no frickin' idea what causes the strikethrough in some text, and I can only guess.

Anyways, Comic 869. I've had this comic planned for a long while, actually, it was always just a question of WHEN I should make it.

Hypt II Dev Vlog #10

Hypt II Dev Vlog #11

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-12-29 at 07:50 PM.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

(Pretty sure your "son-in-law" is the man who married your daughter - hence the pedantry.)

Comic 869
    I did not see that coming, but it makes a whole lot of sense in hindsight. Which is pretty unexpected.

Is this the first time that "Magebani" has been used to refer to the inhabitants of the Magebane Empire? I kinda like it.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #793

Good strip as always, but I find the last panel a bit of a jarring ending. It's not that I expect the last line to always be a punchline or something ridiculous like that. There's just something really weird to me about ending the strip with a question, even if it doesn't necessarily warrant an answer (I don't particularly care for the explanation).

Just wanted to bring that up.

14. - Top - End - #794

My intent was the last panel to sell that yes, in fact, Lord Magebane and Marcellan are working together, and this wasn't a silly accident (though in retrospect that would be hilarious.)

Don't worry, how he knew they were there will hopefully be obvious in hindsight when I do my next Big Reveal!tm

Anyways, I made a thing. I call it: Suprhero Movee! It's sort of an anniversary special I guess...? But it's a parody comic of an unspecified superhero cinematic universe that I felt compelled to make due to the sorry state of one particular cinematic universe. Any resemblance to copyrighted characters is completely and totally unintentional (probably. I mean...no, not really. It's a parody for Omnissiah's sake!)

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-01-02 at 02:49 PM.

15. - Top - End - #795

That was really funny. I like your retelling of "Unspecified Movie" a lot more than....whatever movie it might be about.
    Last edited by Keios; 2017-01-02 at 03:19 PM.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

At this point, I feel like making fun of, um, Unspecified Superhero Cinematic Universe is like shooting fish in a barrel. But that was still very entertaining.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #797

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    At this point, I feel like making fun of, um, Unspecified Superhero Cinematic Universe is like shooting fish in a barrel. But that was still very entertaining.
    Probably.

In my defense, Zack Schneider is going to do his darnedest to make sure there's material for us creative people to parody.

Comic 870! A this moment, I know exactly what i'm doing. I just don't know what the TIMING should be.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Man, won't Rand be embarrassed when he hears about this one. And I guess the current royals got off lucky.

I'm a tad confused whether panel 7 is meant to be a visual depiction of what the latest recording is talking about, or in the present. Either way, very interesting stuff.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #799

I don't know many other ways to make it clearer, but it's meant to be a visual representation of the recording. They are referring to Apocalypse Cruisers.

Also, Comic 871! I had this idea for a while, but to be honest, finishing this comic was a relief. I just got back from a beating from a vacation, and i'm fighting a rather nasty cold.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Why does Otiart take up about twice as much storage space as Velites? Velites is a little taller.

Also, awww, poor Marnia.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2017-01-13 at 04:00 AM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #801

I guess the the appearance doesn't matter, but rather their position/power, or probably their knowledge.

22. - Top - End - #802

As you might imagine, the amount of storage space everyone makes up isn't random.

Comic 872! Honestly, I had trouble with this comic only because I couldn't think of anything funny.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This can't be good.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #804

Who is that Hypt Dragon behind Arc? What are their motives? Will Emperor Ing continue to play the pronoun game? To answer the last question, yes. To the other questions, well, you've seen them once before. Just not in the comic. As for the motives, well, it shouldn't be hard to guess.

Comic 873!

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-01-21 at 11:14 PM.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know exactly who she is.

But I have no idea what this new thing is at all. Actually, my first thought was that it looks a bit like Xeno (except giant and a silhouette), but we've already seen him in Hypt and the colors are wrong.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2017-01-21 at 11:51 PM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #806

Comic 874!

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-01-26 at 12:00 AM.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

While I cleared up my confusion about panel 3 pretty quickly, now I think it would be cool if Torn actually did start double-wielding axes. (And frankly, Torn needs all the cool he can get).
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2017-01-26 at 05:28 AM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #808

I was going to say "Kay just exploded into a cloud of blood", but then remembered they are digitized.

29. - Top - End - #809

Comic 875

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-01-31 at 02:21 AM.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

WOW. Not entirely sure why that's a recording here when it doesn't have anything to do with Hypt's history specifically, but WOW.

In panel 8, is Marnia supposed to be saying "Velites" instead of "Otiart"? The last two panels don't really make a lot of sense to me otherwise.
    Show