New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    In panel 8, is Marnia supposed to be saying "Velites" instead of "Otiart"? The last two panels don't really make a lot of sense to me otherwise.
    Yes. Fixed.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-01-31 at 02:21 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Backstory gets filled in while Otiart keeps demonstrating how much in his element he's in. The main cast is having problems as it is with the enemies that appear, if he happened to turn on them I don't think anything short of Pokeymans could stop him.

.....Wait, what if Marnia unleashed his Porygon-something right now?

3. - Top - End - #813

Marnia is a Glitch trainer. The fact that she has Lord Perior on her team does give her an edge, but then again he's Anything Goes tier.

Also, i've had that idea for the tarrasque's backstory for YEARS. It feels great to FINALLY put it in comic form! Oh, and yes it is related to Hypt's and Kalros' backstories.

Comic 867! Lord Perior's assistance may not be required.

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-02-04 at 09:30 PM.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So was this thing another boss from Hypt the game? I'm not really sure what else it could have been.

Also, not sure about the effect with Kayl's hair in the penultimate panel. I get what it was going for, just thought it looked a little odd.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

5. - Top - End - #815

Yeah, I still need practice with hair >_>

I meant to mention this in the previous post but it slipped my mind until now. I don't know if you've heard, but GeeDubs is advancing the 40k storyline for the first time in decades. Among the updates, one of the Loyalist primarchs has returned to aid the Imperium in their time of need.

Which Primarch, exactly? Well i'll give you a hint: I FRAGMENTATION GRENADING CALLED IT!!

6. - Top - End - #816
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I guess he survived getting crushed by the cruiser.
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Yeah, I still need practice with hair >_>

I meant to mention this in the previous post but it slipped my mind until now. I don't know if you've heard, but GeeDubs is advancing the 40k storyline for the first time in decades. Among the updates, one of the Loyalist primarchs has returned to aid the Imperium in their time of need.

Which Primarch, exactly? Well i'll give you a hint: I FRAGMENTATION GRENADING CALLED IT!!
    I dunno if you can really say you 'called it' when the foreshadowing of that particular moment was telegraphed so heavily.

I guess he survived getting crushed by the cruiser.
    Well yeah. Primarch. They make Custodians look like cannon fodder.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #818

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Well yeah. Primarch. They make Custodians look like cannon fodder.
    But our Custodians have names! So that makes them, like, Custodian times tougher!

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    But our Custodians have names! So that makes them, like, Custodian times tougher!
    Custodians all have names. They get names in recognition for mighty deeds.

Although, that would explain a lot about the WTWU Custodes...
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2017-02-06 at 12:59 PM.

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #820

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I dunno if you can really say you 'called it' when the foreshadowing of that particular moment was telegraphed so heavily.
    Ssshhh, let me have this one.

As for Custodes vs Primarchs in the 41st millennium (or rather the 42nd millennium,) well, I have my ideas as to the source of the Custodes' power. You should be able to guess as to what it is. I have a storyline idea that should explain it that'll be Marnia-centric.

Comic 877!

11. - Top - End - #821
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...Uh-oh.

So did Kalros take him out, or was it a side effect of trying to tap the thauma cube? If it's the former, our heroes are spectacularly skrewed, although it's not like we didn't know how powerful he was before this.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2017-02-08 at 10:32 PM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #822

Oh, man. I really got to like Otiart in the short period he's existed.

13. - Top - End - #823

Then you'll like what I have planned

Comic 878. This comic's been finished all day. I only just now got around to posting it because i'm lazy.

Q? C? C?

14. - Top - End - #824
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hmm. Not entirely sure I trust this development, as while I'm almost starting to buy Kalros being talked down somehow, this is pretty sudden. He may be up to something.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #825

Talking things out has never solved anything, and certainly not in this comic! It's all about lasers and explosions.

16. - Top - End - #826

That shouldn't be a problem as I have made plans for logic lasers and exploding reasoning.

Anyways, a slightly late Valentine's Day special!

17. - Top - End - #827
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...I'm getting the sense you're pretty excited about this next story arc. Though who's the guy in the middle?

That shouldn't be a problem as I have made plans for logic lasers and exploding reasoning.
    That sounds like the Platonic essence of Hypt.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #828

Xeno's "Kiss me" will never stop being funny.

On a more serious critique: I get what you were aiming at, and honestly speaking it was a great effort, but Marnia reaching out towards us still looks weird. I don't think the artstyle can make that gesture look good.

Although, maybe a five fingered hand would look alright? I couldn't say, but for the case at hand my opinion stands.

19. - Top - End - #829

...I'm getting the sense you're pretty excited about this next story arc. Though who's the guy in the middle?
    I'm pretty excited about the AU arc, yes. The guy in the middle is a new character. Obviously, of course, but his main universe counterpart is, well, dead, so for all intents and purposes he's a new character. I like the personality and backstory I came up for him though, and I hope you guys'll like him too.

On a more serious critique: I get what you were aiming at, and honestly speaking it was a great effort, but Marnia reaching out towards us still looks weird. I don't think the artstyle can make that gesture look good.

Although, maybe a five fingered hand would look alright? I couldn't say, but for the case at hand my opinion stands.
    AU Xeno did something similar in his panel and you didn't seem to mind. Maybe the three-fingered hand looks odd but I clearly need more practice. Maybe try and do some coloring tricks so it contrasts with the rest of the body a bit more. AU Xeno's forearms and hands are a different color than the rest of the body.

Also, AU Xeno is alive, not undead. Make of that what you will.

Comic 879.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Honestly, I had no problem with any of the hands.

I'm trying to think of any characters that are dead in 'our' reality that could be fleshed out in an alternate universe, but all I can up with is the Eternus royal family - which is strange because AU Marnia is pretty clearly an evil overlord and Middle Guy looks nice.

Comic 879.
    Huh. Could Kalros actually be sincere?
    Show

21. - Top - End - #831

AU Xeno did something similar in his panel and you didn't seem to mind. Maybe the three-fingered hand looks odd but I clearly need more practice. Maybe try and do some coloring tricks so it contrasts with the rest of the body a bit more. AU Xeno's forearms and hands are a different color than the rest of the body.
    You're right, I have no gripe with Xenos, so I guess it has something to do with Marnia's fingers/claw. I'm looking at it again now, and the first thing to grab my attention is how the middle finger/claw overlaps over the one behind it, and how all the black lines come together in the area.

But ultimately it's my just my subjectiveness so don't waste time on it.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I have no gripe with Xenos
    HERESY!!
    Show

23. - Top - End - #833

You're right, I have no gripe with Xenos, so I guess it has something to do with Marnia's fingers/claw. I'm looking at it again now, and the first thing to grab my attention is how the middle finger/claw overlaps over the one behind it, and how all the black lines come together in the area.

But ultimately it's my just my subjectiveness so don't waste time on it.
    On the contrary, i'm always trying to improve, and this is the kind of specificity that I crave. At the bare minimum, I can see what it looks like.

HERESY!!
    Auuugh, that smiley! The nostalgia!

I'm half-tempted to see if I can't dig up the first avatar I ever made on GitP using MSPaint, and remake it so I can see how far i've come as an artist (spoiler alert: really freaking far.) Seriously, don't try and dig it up for me. The cringe i'd feel seeing it on this thread on someone else's terms would probably kill me.

Comic 880!

24. - Top - End - #834
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I knew that Kalros wasn't just going to go sane all of a sudden, but assuming he's telling the truth now, that's actually not that ridiculous a plan (though it's probably impossible to implement in practice). And Torn's against it, which automatically inclines me to be in favor of it.

So of course the last couple of panels weren't surprising at all.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #835

A badass technofight between powerful technobeings, this is going to be glorious. Go Otiart!

26. - Top - End - #836

Comic 881! Ignore the file name, that's a mistake on my part.

Originally I planned for Otiart to sell the group out to Kalros (the 'deal' he and Kalros had was for this to happen) but this put everyone where I wanted them a lot more easily.

Also, the next comic's gonna be an Ask the Custodes, as I came up with a silly idea, specifically, how Rowboat Girlyman reacts to the lackadaisical Adeptus Custodes of the 42nd Milennium.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"...oh," indeed. I feel a little bad for not getting the "traito" thing now (but only a little).

On the other hand, in the unlikely instance I ever do that Star Wars/WTWU mashup poster I've thought about, and in the really unlikely instance I extend it beyond the one particular 1977 poster I was thinking of, now I have somebody who can be Lando.

(Well, except that Velites is the one with the cool cape. Hrrm.)

Also, the next comic's gonna be an Ask the Custodes, as I came up with a silly idea, specifically, how Rowboat Girlyman reacts to the lackadaisical Adeptus Custodes of the 42nd Milennium.
    So should somebody actually bother asking a question to set this up, or...?
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2017-03-02 at 01:23 AM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #838

(Well, except that Velites is the one with the cool cape. Hrrm.)
    Capes stick together.

So should somebody actually bother asking a question to set this up, or...?
    Don't worry, I got this.

Ask the Custodes Episode 16: Codex Harder

And no, I have no idea what the deal with that strikeout line in his speech bubble at the end is.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Make him go away!"
    ultra fish slap

Not sure what else to say, really.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

Capes stick together.

Don't worry, I got this.

Ask the Custodes Episode 16: Codex Harder

And no, I have no idea what the deal with that strikeout line in his speech bubble at the end is.

You had ten thousand years to get away from whatever decisions Big E made to screw you over.

Ten. Thousand. F#@$ing. Years.

Not only did you not do it, but you (semi)recently blamed Horus for how f#@$ed the Imperial Cult is.

(To answer your question, because it's funny)

Extended Sig