New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Oh, and it looks like Evil Arc cries boxes instead of hexagons, which is interesting but presumably meaningless.
    Kalros also sweats boxes. Nothing important, just a stylistic choice.

Comic 910!

Q? C? C?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Who's a puny little omnicidal robot? You are, yes you are!

I definitely like the 7th and 8th panels here. Very well done.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Barbarian in the Playground

This is wrong. The green one should be calling the other one puny.

4. - Top - End - #934

Blue Arctura is strongest there is!

Maybe.

The size disparity wasn't something I planned when I was drawing Evil Arc, but I had noticed it as I was putting the templates in place, so why not make a joke about it?

Comic 911!

Questions? Comments? Critique?

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Huh, interesting tactic by 'Blue' Arc, and it kind of makes me more curious about why she originally made a face-turn. I always figured it was some kind of reprogramming that didn't entirely stick, but now I wonder if it was a real, conscious change of heart.

Also, in Panel 4, I think she should be saying "conscience". Not the kind of thing I normally bring up, but it seemed kind of a big comprehensibility issue in this case.
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

6. - Top - End - #936

Huh, interesting tactic by 'Blue' Arc, and it kind of makes me more curious about why she originally made a face-turn. I always figured it was some kind of reprogramming that didn't entirely stick, but now I wonder if it was a real, conscious change of heart.
    Well that depends if Arc is truly a living creature capable of thinking outside of her programming or not. If she's a person, or a machine with a facsimile of senti-sapi-uh...the s word, i'll leave that for you to decide. The exact pivot point, well, that won't be covered in this comic and I won't explain it either, because I planned for it to be covered in Heroes* of Aios aka Malfunctioned.

Comic 912!

7. - Top - End - #937
    Titan in the Playground

How does she look fat with new hardware in a world of pure information (ie software)?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #938
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...I don't think the strapless look works with a reptile, Marney.

Though I have to say, the implications of the server looking like a city are kinda ominous.

The exact pivot point, well, that won't be covered in this comic and I won't explain it either, because I planned for it to be covered in Heroes* of Aios aka Malfunctioned.
    I figured as much, but I like speculating.

How does she look fat with new hardware in a world of pure information (ie software)?
    Who say it's in a world of pure information? All of the Professors, at least, seem to have physical platforms on the Material Plane, even the ones that aren't part of Kalros's war.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #939

...I don't think the strapless look works with a reptile, Marney.
    Not to mention there's nothing to hold that dress in place, so it's good it doesn't need to obey physical world's laws.

Although if this is the first and last chance she'll get to try it, then that would make sense.

10. - Top - End - #940

Who say it's in a world of pure information? All of the Professors, at least, seem to have physical platforms on the Material Plane, even the ones that aren't part of Kalros's war.
    I'll go ahead and answer this: Vessels are the physical platforms Functions use to enter and interact with the material world. Their 'true' forms are those green balls of squares. Though Savaddor's true form is maybe a cerulean ball of hexagons. All vessels are technomantic constructs, the information of the creation of which, which is to say the knowledge of how to cast their version of the 'summon Vessel' technomantic spell, can enter Hypt with the Function that would inhabit the vessel. This information manifests to organics inside of Hypt as the appearance of their vessels. Even if, in reality, they're just computer files. Whether or not they inhabit a vessel inside of Hypt has no bearing on their ability to interact with things inside of the digital world. Though let's be honest: Marnia fighting a ball of green squares isn't that visually impressive.

Instead, she'll fight a red cube

Comic 913!

11. - Top - End - #941
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm not sure who has the worse priorities here.

Also, Gwiratho's technomantic hacking is represented by blue hexagons, huh? Interesting.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #942

Make of it what you will. Don't worry, it'll make sense.

Comic 914!

13. - Top - End - #943

Memes? In my very serious <insert-genre> comic?! How could you!
    Last edited by Keios; 2017-08-01 at 04:38 PM.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised that the Kalros quartet have stuck around this long.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #945

I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised that the Kalros quartet have stuck around this long.
    In fact, I think we could use a few power-of-twos more of the guy.

16. - Top - End - #946

Kalros is legion, for he is many!

Or not.

Who knows?

Me.

Nevermind those insignificant details.

Comic 915!

Also, new signature banner! Finally.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-08-05 at 08:54 PM.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, I guess all good things must come to an end. Though the demise of Best Kalros was hilarious.

...And yes, I'd say it does qualify as a 'demise' - but I dunno what Last Kalros Standing is so concerned about given that he's already trying to kill an entire planet.

Also, the new banner is fantastic.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #948

No comic yet, i'll get it out tomorrow.

I'm just sourcing information here. I know one of you saves my comics, I was wondering if any of you happened to have access to comics older than Comic 113? If so, could I get them? Most of those older comics in the archive are broken by Photoshop and i'd rather not have to redraw them.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    No comic yet, i'll get it out tomorrow.

I'm just sourcing information here. I know one of you saves my comics, I was wondering if any of you happened to have access to comics older than Comic 113? If so, could I get them? Most of those older comics in the archive are broken by Photoshop and i'd rather not have to redraw them.
    I've got them. My computer know-how is pretty limited, though, so I dunno how you want me to send them to you.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #950

Put them in a zip file (i'll assume you know how to do that,) upload the file on to mediafire, and post the link here, or PM it to me.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Show

22. - Top - End - #952

Thank you very much. The archive has been updated with the first 113 comics no longer hosted on *groan* photobucket. I'll look to re-uploading further comics hosted on Photobucket but as you might imagine, that's not a priority.

23. - Top - End - #953

I've been trying to think up a new banner for a while but i've only just recently gotten around to making it, and omfg was it overdue. Both halves of the banners being black? What was I thinking?!

Comic 916

24. - Top - End - #954
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...Damn. I actually feel kind of bad for Kalros.

(Though of course I also kind of doubt that this is it)
    Show

25. - Top - End - #955

I won't believe it's done until I see two Xs as eyes over the core.

26. - Top - End - #956

I've still got a few reveals left.

Comic 917!

27. - Top - End - #957
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

And this fight just went from epic to monotonous. Which is sort of the comic in a nutshell, really.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #958

....yeah, actually, that strip is total garbage.

Let's fix it then.

Comic 917 v2!

29. - Top - End - #959
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...uh...

I like the new strip better, but "monotonous" wasn't actually meant as criticism. I just thought it was a funny contrast how Kalros's dramatic "death" and respawning were followed by Savaddor getting crushed and respawning himself over like just 3 panels with no fanfare. Though now I'm even more convinced that he's probably the AI created from Gwiratho.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #960

Time for the shocking Truth to come out!

Savaddor was Kalros all along!