New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Sun's Hunters - Team A

Talon releases a burst of negative energy, healing Aurelius and himself while harming the hounds! Waiting for an opportunity, Kadira and Marius time their attacks and move into position, smiting one of the hounds from both sides.

Arriver, avoiding the maggots trying to bite at him, lunges with his rapier, followed by a slash with his sword and finally, the last lung goes deep between the maggots and pierces the heart of the creature, killing it.

Damien leaps into the air and comes crashing into the hound terrorizing Talon, crushing it and releasing the undead from its grasp. Filled with renewed vigor, Talon unleashes a strength sapping spell unto the beast that just killed his horse! His attack barely hits the fiend, having charged at Talon's steed.

And then... You grow another pair of arms! And they are clawed! And so are your original ones! Primus... Magic has gone too far!

Or has it?

The hound, attacked by Aurelius, turns angry at the beast that dared interrupt it as it was getting ready to maggotize the fresh corpse. Filled with rage at being faced by something barely worth being chewed on, the hound tries to bite and claw at Aurelius, only to be shoved away with ease.

The alpha male, confused by the lack of Kadira in its maws, sees the horse and jumps at the chance! Teeth biting through the air, the hound claws at the horse in frustration, delivering two deep slashes for 11 damage. The horse, in pain and fear, tries to bolt, but the hound bites again and this time, the teeth find flesh and the horse falls, bleeding on the road. 13 damage.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:
    Kadira 10
    Arriver 6
    Marius 5
    Damien 4
    Talon 3.5e
    Primus 3

OpFor 1
    Last edited by Sliver; 2014-06-17 at 01:08 PM.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Not content with the slaughter that he had already unleashed, Damien charges once more, leaping into the air to crash down upon his foe with his flail.

Spoiler: rolls and actions
    Show

Swift to recover maneuvers
    Full round to charge either the alpha(If he is still alive), or the Other surviving wolf.
    (1d20+18)[31] Attack(-2 if someone else is threatening the enemy)
    (1d10+70)[75] damage
    AC 16
    Once more, if an attack hits him, Damien will use wall of blades, giving him an AC of (1d20+18)[31]
    Auto succeed on the dc 10 jump check.
    Damage: 18 from power attack(Combat Brute boosts it to 3x, instead of 2x), X 3 from leap attack(so 54), + 7 str(61) + 6 stance(67) + 1 weapon(68) + 2 divine(70)

Spoiler: status
    Show

HP: MAX, AC 16(Special, see rolls spoiler), Active Effects: Divine Favor(5 rounds remaining), Haste(1 round remaining), Mage armor
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

3. - Top - End - #213

GreenSorcererElf

If the alpha is dead
    Spoiler: Alternative plan
    Show

If the alpha is killed by the time Damien's move comes around, he will perform a charge, attempting to push the horse on top of the hound.

(1d20+11)[29] bull rush(Opposed by the horse's, and the horse gets a +8 to the roll from size and having legs.)
    Assuming that succeeds, he pushes the horse into the wolf's square, trying to tangle them together, and trip the wolf.

Touch attacks(Tripping):
    (1d20+18)[22] for the wolf
    (1d20+18)[25] for the horse

(1d20+5)[25] tripping the wolf(The wolf gets a +8 to this too(+4 for size, +4 for having 4 legs))
    (1d20+5)[17] tripping the horse(The horse gets a +8 to this too(+4 for size, +4 for having 4 legs))
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ahh! No! Why?! Primus had cast a spell that transformed Kadira into some kind of four-armed monster! But four sets of claws weren't much use without monstrous strength, and the spell didn't include that.

Well, at least she could still wield her rapier. She waited for someone else to occupy the alpha wolf's attention so she could flank it and stab it from behind.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sneak Attack (1d20+12)[27], damage (4d6+2)[14]. Life-Drinking +3hp.

Kadira: AC 19, Hp 37/42

Group Buff: Haste (round 5 of 6)
    Last edited by Trepid; 2014-06-17 at 03:32 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing that he had time to lay enchantments upon himself, and Aurelius by extension, Marius' eyes glow otherwordly purple once more as a shimmering barrier appears in front of himself and Aurelius.

In the meantime, Aurelius attacks the hound which had attempt to bring harm to it and its partner-of-life-and-Hextor, Marius. It stomps at the beast and then bites at it, determined to bring this abomination to its death.

Spoiler: Combat Round 4 Rolls? or maybe 5 who knows
    Show
    Aurelius Hoof Attack 1:(1d20+6)[14]
    Crit Confirm:(1d20+6)[9]
    Damage:(1d6+4)[8]
    Crit Damage:(1d6+4)[5]

Hoof Attack 2:(1d20+6)[26]
    Crit Confirm:(1d20+6)[16]
    Damage:(1d6+4)[10]
    Crit Damage:(1d6+4)[9]

Bite:(1d20+1)[21]
    Crit Confirm:(1d20+1)[18]
    Damage:(1d4+2)[4]
    Crit Damage:(1d4+2)[6]

Marius casts an augmented Force Screen on himself, and by share spell (Su) to Aurelius as well, granting +5 AC shield bonus, -5PP

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Marius: HP-80/80 AC-25 AP-7/8 MP-28/41 DR-10/magic 1/evil
    Aurelius: HP-35/38 AC-24
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

My homebrew setting: Raeus

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

As the alpha beast strike down Kadira's horse, Primus say a brief prayer and heal it.
    No more deads, neither their own or the mounts, a shame he couldnt protect Number One.

Primus then look at Kadira and shout to her, "These extra hands will help you if fend off the beast if they get hold of you again, as well as protecting your skin!". He dont like shouting at people, but in the middle of the battle he had to make sure he was clear.

Show
    "Also, extra attacks for Sneak Attacks!"

He then make a mental list of his remaining spells while he decide what to do.

Spoiler: Prepared Spells
    Show
    Prepared Spells:
    Wizard:
    3: Haste (2), Dimension Step;
    2: Invisibility, Bull's Strenght, Bear Endurance;
    1: Nerveskitter (2), Mage Armor, Shield (2), Benign Transposition (2);
    0: at will;

Archivist:
    3: Cure Serious Wounds (2), Protection from energy;
    2: Lesser Restoration, Barkskin (2), Close Wounds;
    1: Beastland Ferocity, Conviction, Shield of Faith, Invest Light Protection;
    0: at will;

And decide to do nothing, as the enemies seem that were being taken care of.
    No need to waste more spells, unless they manage to hurt someone else.

He waits to cast a healing spell in case of need.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

As Talon watches the rest of the field becoming finished up he notes that Aurelius was still fighting by himself, wanting to help protect the skeletal steed Talon lifts his finger once more as a pale ray shoots out of it, covering the beast in a sheen of ice.

Spoiler: Chill of the grave
    Show
    RTA (1d20+3)[21] Damage (2d10)[15] cold damage This takes into effect firing into combat

8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Arrivar smiled as he saw the hound falling from his critical strike. Seeing the other one approaching from the side he charge, readying his rapier as he took a downwoard slash, aiming at the hound's head
    Spoiler: movement
    Show

Arriver charges the hound at C 10

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    1 charge attack at +10 bonus, plus magic weapon bonus +1, Weapon Focus +1, Charge Bonus +2, + 1 Haste Bonus= +15

(1d20+15)[30]
    Damage: +2 From Favored Enemy, +4 From strength Bonus(18 str From Buffs), +1 From Magic Weapon Bonus= +7
    (1d6+7)[13]

If crit (2d6+14)[20]

As the darkness field fell, the shadows coalesce into a little, tiny nugget of pure darkness. The Pitch black squirrel, watching is master in danger TOTALLY IGNORE HIM AND WENT TO EAT HIS NUT OF EVIL

somebody was going to sleep outside the tent tonight
    Last edited by Sephir; 2014-06-18 at 12:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Arriver strikes at the alpha as Aurelius stamps and chomps his foe. Damien charges at the alpha and smashes the maggots into its body, killing it as Talon freezes the last hound.

"Your horse, safe." Knight tells Damien.

Well, at least Kadira's horse was saved by Primus. Still, Primus and Talon lost their horses... Some stablemaster will be sad to find out...

Spoiler: XPs
    Show
    Copied from OOC for convenience, since there are going to be a couple more pages before everyone manages to see that:

Team A XP:

Damien, Primus, Marius, Arriver and Kadira: 817xp

Talon: 1167xp. Congratulations, you level up! You are now level 5.
    Last edited by Sliver; 2014-06-18 at 02:05 PM.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Marius walks over to Aurelius and, laying his hands on him, says, "You are still slightly injured, I command the dark to return to you." As he says this, dark energy flows from his hands and spreads across Aurelius, removing any damage he sustained from battle. Marius then turns to the party and says, "Are you all ok? If any of you require a mount, one of you could ride on Aurelius with me, as he is strong enough to carry another."

Spoiler: Deadly Touch
    Show
    Marius uses deadly touch on Aurelius, who is now at 38/38HP, 9 points of DT left for the day
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

11. - Top - End - #221

GreenSorcererElf

After he strikes down the alpha, Damien looks around, searching for any other enemies, but there were no more, and he relaxes, pulling his flail back out of the wound it left, and looking at the wriggling maggots on it in disgust.
    He slams it into the ground to remove them, before turning to Knight.
    "My thanks. Losing a fine steed is always a sad day."

At that, he glances briefly at the other members of the group, noting that none of them were seriously injured. Satisfied of that, he focuses, speaking a brief prayer to Hextor, before conjuring water, and using it to clean his flail, removing the gore, and drying it off with a cloth from his pack.

Once he finishes with that, he glances over his armor, to make sure that it is undamaged, before looking to Primus, and Kadira.
    "Your magic was most helpful. You have my thanks. Lady, I believe this will aid your mount considerably, in thanks."
    He focuses, and speaks a brief prayer to Hextor(A different one), and almost immediately, the horse's injuries begin to heal, as though the horse had declared war on it's injuries.

Once it has healed, he looks to everyone once more, and speaks again, his voice solemn, but commanding.
    "There is no point in remaining here. Talon, Primus, you should ride double with Kadira and Arriver, unless you would prefer to walk. We will be faster if you ride. Marius, your offer is kind, but if there is a battle, you can fight mounted, and they can't."
    With that, he returns to his horse, and gets back on it(The poor horse winces at the weight)

Spoiler: Effects
    Show

Casting lesser vigor on the horse, and create water to clean the flail.(15 hp restored from lesser vigor)
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2014-06-18 at 02:24 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Thank you," said Kadira. "Thank you all. I expected that you would have to save my life someday, but I didn't expect it to be today. Perhaps in the future I should ride in a less exposed position.

"Of course someone can ride with me. I'm light, my horse is unlikely to mind."
    Last edited by Trepid; 2014-06-18 at 02:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

"And they're dead. A shame Number One didnt made it through", Primus say looking at his dead horse, "These carrion hounds can jump in the things they kill, so we better burn the dead horses before they too become trouble, unless...", he thinks a little about the possibility of purify the meat, removing all nasty stuff from it, "No no, we better burn it".

He then look at Kadira, with her four arms, "How bad are your wounds? Thankfully I saved your horse, so maybe... If you dont care, can I get a ride with you?", he then look around to the rest, "And how are your wounds as well? Anyone need healing?".
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I'm fine, just a few scratches left. Not worth another spell." The four-clawed-arms spell had already been one spell too many, in her estimation, though Primus's reason for applying it had been sound.

"And I agree, we should definitely burn all the corpses."

15. - Top - End - #225

GreenSorcererElf

From atop of his horse, Damien frowns at the proposition of burning the corpses.
    "I am uninjured, thanks to Primus's magic, however, I would recommend against burning the corpses. It would take us several hours to gather up the bodies, and gather up enough wood to burn them. If those maggots are infectious, it is likely we would be infected doing so."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

"I can take care of burning the bodies, just put them in a pile and I'll take care of the rest. There will be no need for wood or anything." replies Marius to Damien and the others.

17. - Top - End - #227

GreenSorcererElf

"That makes it much more practical."
    He looks over to Primus.
    "Are the maggots a danger to us?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes they are", in fact it was kinda obvious, but the not knowing exactly the answer Primus decided not to risk, "I dont want any of you to become like that cratures. It wont be a pretty view".

19. - Top - End - #229

GreenSorcererElf

"If touching them can infect us, we would either need to burn each corpse in place, or we need to move on. Marius, can you burn the corpses where they are, or can you only burn them once?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

"I am able to manifest a bolt of flame along a line, however no matter how I could aim it unless we move the bodies I don't think I'll be able to hit all the bodies... although fire does spread but it is not the best decision I feel to start a forest fire." Marius replies while eyeing the corpses to see if there really was any way to hit them all in one go.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

"I guess we can move them, after all the beasts were engaged in melee with almost all of us. Too late to get worry to be close or touch them right?", Primus say, "Let's pile them up and burn them down and be gone with it. We have a castle waiting for us".

Even though saying that, Primus makes no effort to get them all close, he's weak and know it. Also these beasts disgusted him.

22. - Top - End - #232

GreenSorcererElf

"Are you sure, Primus? I don't want to get infested, and we can take another path back. Unless Marius can create his flames several times, we should move on. It isn't worth our time, or our lives."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

"If someone gets infested and becomes diseased I could purify them through the blessing of Hextor. However I think we either need to decide right now whether to take care of the corpse's or simply depart as soon as possible, in case the corpses of the horses rise again, if that is possible that is." as he says this, he wipes his greatsword on the saddle of one of the fallen horses, cleaning it of the gore and mutilated flesh from the carrion hounds.

24. - Top - End - #234

GreenSorcererElf

Damien pauses for a moment, before sighing.
    "If they are as dangerous as you claim, Primus, then clearing them from the road should be done. If you can remove any infestation Marius, then I will move them. At least that way, we can get moving again."

And with that, he climbs off of his horse, and starts piling the corpses up for Marius to burn.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

25. - Top - End - #235
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

" Friend, don't be too greedy" Arriver said to the skiurid softly, that had grabbed the second dark nugget " There is someone here that needs it". The shadow being glared at his master, who pointed to Marius. With a grumpy, yet cute, squeek, the skiurid moved in front of Marius, dropping the nugget before him, like a retriever dog with prey, it's tail twitching. " Thought you can need it" Arriver explained" I heard those nuggets empower necromancy spells"

( Using a nugget as an optional material component to a necromancy or negative energy spell has a 50% chance to increase the CL by 2)

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

After Damien puts all the corpses into a pile, Marius points a finger at the pile and from his finger shoots out a jet of purple flames, which burn the pile. After this Marius inspects Damien to see if he is infected in anyway. When the evil squirell drops the nut at Marius feet, he says graciously. "Thank you for your offer however I am no necromancer, but Talon may have use of this arcane ingredient when he works his magic."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    mainfest energy bolt:fire -5PP. 29/47MP left. If Damien looks infested in any way, Marius also uses remove disease
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-06-18 at 05:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237

GreenSorcererElf

"Now that we're done with that, we need to get moving."

And with that, Damien climbs on his horse, and waits for the others to get moving, so he could follow, with the ogre behind him.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

As the battle came to an end from where he stood one could observe Talon holding his hand to his chest as a dark blue wave of energy passed from his hand to his body, seeming to heal it until no signs of the battle remained. However while such simple acts where being taken place on the outside, on the inside of Talons mind much more was at work. It seemed over that short amount of time with these people he had seen more death then he had seen in a long time, so much that he felt even closer to Wee Jas as he felt her smile upon him as he gained the ability to use more spells. That was not the only thing different though he could tell as he heard a whisper in the darkness surrounding him telling him that his body was no longer as weak as those of the living, that it could repel more physical damage then before and that even the healing powers of clerics would have a lesser effect on him then they once had. I thank you my goddess, and promise to continue my research for you until I am worthy to sit in your palace. Talon prays to Wee Jas as he opens his emerald eyes for the first time in about a minute and looks around, smiling to see Aurelius still alive threw this ordeal he slowly walks over to her noticing that Marius had taken care to heal the wounds that his steed had suffered. It would be my honor to ride with the two of you if you think it is best. I have learned a lot since we left, so I am confident if battle were to break out I would not be a hindrance upon the two of you. Talon explains to them waiting to hear there reply.

While he waits Talon pulls a small vile from his cloak and takes off the stopper as he pulls a pair of tweezers out from a pocket, moving them over to grab one of the maggots from the dead bodies before they were burnt and placing it inside the vile and locking it in place. If what you say is true and these creatures have the power to defy death itself I wounder if one alone would have a similar effect or a separate one. Primus when we get some free time do you think you could help me run a few tests? Talon asks quietly as he slowly stands from his kneeling position and places the vial back inside his cloak for further travel. As he stands though he notes Marius holding his hand out to Talon and that odd squirrel creature seeming to be angry at his feet. Looking at what Marius had in his hands he gratefully accepts the gift as he places it away inside his pack. Thank you for this Arriver, if you happen to come across anymore I would be more then willing to take them off of your hands. Talon explains kindly.

With the agreement to burn the bodies, Talon helps the others move them into a pile, making sure to not let any of the maggots get beneath his clothing before stepping back to allow Marius to ignite the bodies.

Show
    I invested two ranks in ride, as after all Talon was learning how to do it, so I have a +4 modifier in it, as you only need a 5 to stay on and a 10 to fight atop a steed I think Talon should be fine.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course you may ride with us Talon, and hopefully one day Wee Jas will gift you with a steed like Hextor has given me. Although you may be hard-pressed to find one as strong or loyal as Aurelius is." as he says this, Marius gets on Aurelius, and once Talon as gotten on, prepares to continue on their journey to the Shoreside Castle.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

The stern lady never gives her followers something they are not ready for, more taking a backseat approach and allowing them to discover things on their own. Already I have learned much just by studying Aurelius's movements that I feel comfortable saying that perhaps in a few months I may in fact be able to try and create a beta version. Though as my own will not be from a god, but threw research and my own powers that have been lent to me, I doubt it will be able to match the cunning of Aurelius. Also if it is needed I have an unlimited supply of healing when it comes to those of our condition. Talon says pointing first to himself, then to Aurelius. All you need to do is ask and I will do what I can to heal your steed. Talon explains offering his own thanks for allowing him to ride.

Spoiler
    Show
    So is your horse a guy or a girl? I keep on going to say she but then am not sure if it is a female or not.