New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Sun's Hunters - Team B

Niel approves the decoy idea but is also fine with facechecking. If we choose to facecheck he readies a summon nature's III spell if the unknown people proves hostile.

Spoiler
    Show
    Summon nature III to summon (1d3)[1] hippogrif.
    Since sumlings attack immediately here is the roll. Just including attacks in best case scenario.

Hip 1:
    claw (1d20+8)[16] damage (1d4+6)[9]
    claw (1d20+8)[21] damage (1d4+6)[7]
    Bite (1d20+3)[17] damage (1d8+3)[11]

Hip 2:
    claw (1d20+8)[18] damage (1d4+6)[9]
    claw (1d20+8)[27] damage (1d4+6)[9]
    Bite (1d20+3)[9] damage (1d8+3)[4]

Hip 3:
    claw (1d20+8)[12] damage (1d4+6)[9]
    claw (1d20+8)[23] damage (1d4+6)[7]
    Bite (1d20+3)[10] damage (1d8+3)[5]

Statblock

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 3d10+15 (31 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares), fly 100 ft. (average)
    Armor Class: 15 (–1 size, +2 Dex, +4 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+11
    Attack: Claw +8 melee (1d4+8)
    Full Attack: 2 claws +8 melee (1d4+6) and bite +3 melee (1d8+3)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: —
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent
    Saves: Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 22, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 8
    Skills: Listen +4, Spot +8
    Feats: Dodge, Wingover
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2014-06-14 at 10:56 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

As Irthosirthir was moving off the road, crouch down to present as low a profile as possible, she paused for a moment and turned back in response to Allain's suggestion.

"Your tactics are your own prerogative, but no matter how you attempt to minimize danger to yourselves, do not be the first to attempt any hostile actions. We do not want any unnecessary conflict," she advised in a low voice. She almost left, but realized that she should not assume they would all act prudently.

"If battle is unavoidable, do your best to wait until Abbant and I are ready. I will signal you when we are in position," she concluded, finally leaving the group.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Though Irthosirthir did not feel obligated to specify the type of signal, she is planning on using the message spell.
    Last edited by Arilus; 2014-06-14 at 02:43 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Allain would prefer a clear answer, but seeing that there wouldn't be any, she simply shrugs and prepares for combat.
    Spoiler: Spells:
    Show

- Major Image to copy our group - the illusions should ride faster, so that they arrive at the ambush place about 20ft before the real group.
    - Invisibility Sphere - on the group following the illusions.

Last edited by Lexin; 2014-06-14 at 05:17 PM.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

Abbant slows to Irthosirthir's pace once he notices that he's being followed.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

5. - Top - End - #95

As Irthosirthir left the road, she began a different set of soft vocalization and gestures before getting within earshot of the targets. By the time she caught up to Abbant, her eyes were glowing violet.

Spoiler: Spell
    Show
    She cast arcane sight. I meant to cast it at the same time as mage armor but forgot.
    Edit: Changed the color of arcane sight to violet instead of blue for fluff reasons. Figured it fit in with her heritage and color palette, and she's a half-chromatic dragon spontaneous arcane caster after all.
    Last edited by Arilus; 2014-06-14 at 10:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Ashesta nods assent to the scouting and decoy plans, but otherwise she merely watches for trouble.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Not going to ready an action, because there are too many variables.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    Don't you see it? The inert Shrieker may have more raw power, but the rock has something the Shrieker will never have. VERSATILITY.

Also, the rock will probably be lighter than the Shrieker, allowing it to be used as a improvised thrown weapon should the need arise.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Valeria continues leading her horse forward at the same pace. Under her breath she's muttering something just barely audible to her own ears "Focus, tighten your grip, hit them fast and hard" as her knuckles turned white around the grip of her shield and spear, letting her magic flow through her the words guided her thoughts and mind onto the single task at hand. She had trained for this a thousand times but had never done the real thing before. Continuing to mutter brought her focus. "Stab, block, parry, stab, go for the openings" when it came it would all be a matter of repetition, like reciting a song for the thousandth time unless this time in front of a live audience.

Show
    Standard action:
    Bardic Music +2, swift inspirational boost, immediate action activate badge of valor. Unless the others have exceptional hearing in this case it is only Valeria benefitting from this with +4 attack/damage.

Move action: Move another thirty feet.
    Playing:

Sun's Hunters

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Sneaking around, Irth and Abbant move quietly between the rocks on the slope. Then, 30 feet ahead, they see a group of eight goblin looking creatures, except that their furs are black and dirty. two goblins have crossbows and are looking through the rocks, waiting. One is wearing studded leather and holding a battleaxe, the leader. The other five have half a dozen bottles lining their pouch, containing varius alchemical substances, such as fire and acid. You suspect the other side is the same... Then, one of the archers nods.

With a swift cry in goblin, ordering to attack, one of the goblins raises a stick with a special explosive and shoves it into the rocks in front of them.

As the group walks through the path, waiting for a sign of hostility, the rocks 20 feet above explode and fall on them, revealing 5 goblins on each side!

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm posting from my phone because I didn't want to keep you waiting so it's not as organized as I would like.

The group that advanced through the path: (2d6)[6] damage, reflex 16 for half.

Roll initiative but post in any order. Their init is (1d20)[3] so if you beat it, you can act right away, otherwise wait for their actions.

The readied summom did go off but I'm unable to check the details to determine the blast results. It attacked at the goblins on the left while Abbant and Irth went right.

I'll have a map when I'm home.

Sorry about this bad start...
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

9. - Top - End - #99

Spoiler: Actions.
    Show

40ft move to get further behind them, taking 10 on hide/move silent for 22 on both.
    Standard action for ghost sound. Sleight of hand to conceal [Take 10 for 15, vs their spot, which has to contend with distance and maybe not seeing me]. Casting this behind them if possible, if not then among them is fine, it's just a distraction/to hurt their listen checks. Sound is a Dire Tiger Roaring at full volume, and will last 36 seconds/six rounds.

Abbant looks at the goblins, wishing he could get in better position to distract them, or to perhaps call out to warn them in advance, but instead he keeps moving. And then the rocks explode.
    He quickly rushes further ahead, wanting to distract the goblins from pressing what little advantage they have, and with whispered mutterings and a seemingly half hearted hand motion gestures to a point in space near the goblins, but not in immediate sight of any of them, and suddenly it explodes into the loud roar of a Dire Tiger in all it's glory... And ear rattling pain.
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Finally, something happens." Allain mutters under her breath, preparing to evade the falling rocks.

Show

Reflex: (1d20+6)[26]
    Horse Reflex: (1d20+4)[10]

Allain pulls out her violin and starts playing a fast melody, accenting the moments when her allies should evade attacks. Her longsword jumps out of sheath and starts floating around her, to the rhythm of music.

Spoiler: OOC 2
    Show

Initiative: (1d20+1)[8]
    Swift Action: Badge of Valor
    Standard Action: Inspire Defense - All Allies in 30 ft radius get +5 AC and Saves; it is a competence bonus so it even affects our undead friends...
    Move Action: Drawing sword - it just floats around Allain

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Niel sits on his throne not avoiding the rocks.

James, the humanlooking badger, jumps out of the wagon and runs into the group to the right shouting some gibberish. The nails on one of his hands turns into claws and he engages in combat.

Niel utters some words in a rusty voice and waves his hands and a small demon called a Mane appear in the midst of the group to the left. He orders it to not move and accept what is to come as his storm orglash releases another icy cone. When the mane is hit it explodes in a green cloud.

He then is about to give his undeads a mental command when he realizes what liquid the flasks is containing. His face turns pale(or more pale if you want)no no no no no NO NO NO NO! he screams the last part and he tumbles out of the chair to seek protection from the fire and acid. If the left side looks demolished he will seek protection at the opposing side of the remaining goblins(aka left). Otherwise he will hide beneath the wagon(which is by all logic a totally safe place against fire right?)

Munin takes off when Niel tumbles out of the chair and caws as it flies randomly around.

Spoiler
    Show
    James attack (1d20+4)[16] (1d2+1)[2]

Cone of Ice: 6 damage(see OOC) DC 15 or 16 idk. if con+half HD is the DC then it's 16, if DC is cha+spelllevel it's 15. Reflex half.

Mane explosion (1d6)[4] half reflex save 20. Note this is only a 10 ft burst though.

Storm Orglash uses Shock(free action) to deal (1d4)[3] nonlethal which is denied by a fort 16. It will use this on a random enemy.

Init 6 here.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2014-06-16 at 02:17 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

Seeing the goblinoids ahead and the mayhem of their trap springing, Irthosirthir was glad she was not in the line of fire. Continuing to slowly creep around towards the rear of the battlefield, she began casting a spell to disrupt the group containing the goblinoid leader.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[5]
    Irthosirthir casts vertigo field as a standard action centered on the group of 8 goblinoids and chooses all five of her companions and Munin to be immune to the nauseous effect. Spell save DC is 20+1=21 due to cloaked casting.
    Sleight of Hand to conceal spellcasting: (1d20+9)[12]
    If Abbant and Irthosirthir get a surprise round, Irthosirthir will only cast a spell. If they do not get a surprise round, she will cast a spell while moving 15 ft towards the rear.
    As previously rolled, her hide check was 29 and her move silently check was 13. I assumed we couldn't take 10 on the checks, but Erik Vale did it with Abbant. If we're allowed to, I obviously would've chosen to do that, which would've made both checks 22. Same thing goes for the sleight of hand check I made above, which would've been 19. (Even if the roll is higher, I would've chosen to take 10.)

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

The blasts of cold completely destroy the five goblins on the left side while the mane explodes in the midst of four of the goblins on the right side, leaving them barely standing. Abbant casts his spell, causing the goblins to flinch and look around in shock and confusion. Their leader seems to look around and begins to scream, but he is unable to be overheard above the roar. Then the patterns appear in their midst and only two seem to withstand it, one of the archers and the pack leader.

The leader stumbles out of the field and begins to rush down the path that Abbant and Irth took as he draws his axe. As he moves around, Abbant and Irth can't find a new hiding location and the goblin stares at them in shock and rage as he begins to scream incoherently, even for a goblin.

The archer fires a bolt at the storm orglash that dispatched his allies, hitting the elemental spirit for 6 damage.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

As the combat begins, Ashesta concentrates for a split second and a wave of cold spread out from her. She pauses for a moment to gather some of that energy, and infuses it into a small ball of fire she sends at a trio of healthy goblins unfortunate enough to be packed together.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Swift action to Control Temperature down two bands (unless otherwise stated, I assume the base temperature is moderate.)
    Move action to "gather snow" (but Eschew Materials obviates the need for actual snow.)
    Standard action to cast a Snowcasted Lesser Fireball, with +2 CL and +2 damage/die from Frozen Magic and Cold Spell Specialization. (8d4+16)[35], DC 18 Reflex save for half, (1d20+8)[15] to beat SR.

OOC:
    Lesser Fireball is neat.
    Don't you see it? The inert Shrieker may have more raw power, but the rock has something the Shrieker will never have. VERSATILITY.

Also, the rock will probably be lighter than the Shrieker, allowing it to be used as a improvised thrown weapon should the need arise.

15. - Top - End - #105

Abbant walks back from the goblins, a spear of eldritch energy lances from his hands to the lead goblin.
    Show

Move: 40ft Back.
    Standard: EB with Skirmish.
    H: (1d20+8)[21]
    CC: (1d20+8)[9]
    D: (2d6)[6]+(2d6)[4]
    CBD: (2d6)[8]

Looks like a hit for 10.
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2014-06-16 at 07:48 PM.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

16. - Top - End - #106

Irritated that the most imposing of the goblins—if any goblin can truly be called "imposing"—chose her direction to blindly charge towards, though the fact that she spoke Goblin yet could barely understand his gibbering amused Irthosirthir. Partially turning her attention away for a short moment, she assessed the state of the battlefield. Only one other goblin from the central group, an arbalist, managed to overcome the swirling distortions she created in their midst. Her new companions were very competently dealing with the other two clusters of small humanoids.

She considered taking wing towards the rest of her team and hoping the other goblins did not notice her dark purple form against the night sky, but pride won over her distaste of being exposed: it is just a goblin. Besides, she would need her party to trust her, and abandoning Abbant seemed like a poor way to accomplish that. She channelled her magic for an instant before moving away from the goblin and casting another, more involved spell.

Show
    Swift Action: Cast distract assailant, DC 18
    Move Action: Move 30 ft away from the goblin leader
    Standard Action: Cast slow (with cloaked casting if distract assailant succeeded), DC 20+1=21

Distract assailant was cast to enable cloaked casting, but if Abbant did not take his turn before Irthosirthir it would also help his eldritch blast.

Just keeping count, so far Irthosirthir has cast two first-level spells and three third-level spells.

Also, now that I know sleight of hand can be used every time to conceal spellcasting, Irthosirthir will do just that out of habit. I'll only bother with rolls if I think it actually matters. Since Irthosirthir would know if any of the goblins were spellcasters because of arcane sight, and because she's not hidden at the moment, it clearly would be an irrelevant roll at the moment.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Allain sees the slaughter of the goblins, and that only after a few short seconds only one or two is capable of attacking them.
    She keeps playing, deciding to let her teammates finish them, but keeps an eye on the sole goblin archer who is still capable of attacking.
    Show

Move action: Moving (to a place where most of her teammates would be in range of her Bardic Music)
    Standard: Prepare Action - if the Goblin Archer who is still capable of attacking is still standing after all other teammates move, she would cast Sleep on him DC 15 will (if there are others nearby they would be affected too, up to total of glorious 4 HD)

... it is first time I am using this spell...

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

The explosion sent Valeria's horse rearing as rocks and pebbles came crashing down on them but a quick reaction and a raised shield had her horse scampering away and her shield warding off all but a few sharp rocks. With an unsatisfied she eyed the goblins above. The following screams gave her some satisfaction, the others seemed to be dealing with them just fine. She halted her horse in the middle of the path, looking up at the two cliffs with a thin hope that one of them would be stupid enough to try and escape this way.

Show
    Reflex save: (1d20+3)[19]
    Last edited by Tantum Umbra; 2014-06-17 at 07:26 AM.
    Playing:

Sun's Hunters

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

The fireball destroys the poor cluster of goblins, leaving one of the throwers still staggered and sick from the lights. As one of the archers manages to shake off the nausea and readies to shoot, it, the other archer and the third goblin fall asleep.

Hooray!

And then things go... Surprising.

From the left side, above the rocks, five belts of various alchemical substances fall down on you. Were there more goblins hidden there that were not revealed by the explosion?!

One of the belts falls into the wagon, the bottles exploding and splashing everywhere! One of the undead takes a direct hit from the belt, taking 4 fire damage, 6 acid damage, 2 electric damage and 1 cold damage. It also ignites on fire and risks igniting the wagon. The other undead take splash damage of 2 fire damage, 1 acid, 1 electric and 1 cold.

Another two belts fall between Allain and Valeria, but they aren't simply splashing them with harmful materials! One of the bottles explodes and releases a vile scream while another causes a sickening cloud to spread! 6 sonic damage, Fort DC 15 or deaf for 1 round. Fort DC 10 or be Nauseated for 1 round. 4 Fire damage, 2 acid damage, 1 cold damage and one electric damage.

One belt shatters harmlessly on the opposing rocky wall, but the last one hits the cold spirit of Neil. 2 sonic damage, Fort 15 or deaf for 1 round, fort 15 or be nauseated for 3 rounds (probably immune but hey), 2 fire damage, 6 electricity damage, 6 acid damage.

Well, at least you are not Abbant.

Abbant moves away from the goblin, but he is unable to move quite as much as he intended while keeping in view of him. Still, he releases a bolt of arcane might, angering it further. Irth distracts it and slows down the goblin, but he runs to Abbant nonetheless.

Managing to barely reach Abbant, the goblin roars in its native tongue. "I READ FOR YOUR DEATH, TO THE NIGHT WITH YOU!" He says and drops his axe at Abbant's feet. And then you see it.

Two sets of explosive runes, one on each side of the axe blades. And for those fluent in goblin, the raging leader just screamed what it is written.

*BOOM*

At least Abbant took the goblin far away from Irth!

Abbant takes 42 damage. The force of the blast knocks him backwards and into the rocks and he rolls down the path he recently sneaked on by, dealing an additional 9 damage.

It's also raining goblin. The raging leader did not survive.

Somewhere else, completely unrelated.

The two looked up as the explosion sends a light tremor through the land. "The goblins got themselves killed..."

"And you said I shouldn't bother teaching them how to read a couple of sentences."

"He wouldn't be so eager to learn if you told him why."

"He? Don't talk about them as if they are anything but dirt."

"I'll send a message to the second group."

"You do that."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Shocked by the sudden assault, Allain stops playing, although the melody still stays in the minds of everyone who heard it, accompanying them during the fight.
    Spoiler: Saves:
    Show

Allain vs Deafen (1d20+10)[19]
    Allain vs Nausea (1d20+10)[30]
    Horse vs Deafen (1d20+11)[17]
    Horse vs Nausea (1d20+11)[18]
    The Inspire Defense would work for the next 10 rounds.
    No actions for this round yet, I will wait for others.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

21. - Top - End - #111

For a moment, Irthosirthir stared dumbfounded at the explosions rocking the ground around her. Her wits returned quickly, and she was glad the goblin leader decided to go after Abbant instead of herself; it looked rather painful. Seeing that the goblin was utterly destroyed by the blast, she decided to investigate the source of the other explosions. She took flight in that direction, attempting to gain enough altitude to establish a line-of-sight with whatever launched the bottles.

Looking behind her at Abbant, he seemed to still be moving. Pointing at the rest of the party, she whispered: "Abbant is wounded. He could probably use medical attention."

Spoiler: Spell
    Show
    Irthosirthir cast message to communicate with the team without revealing her position to whatever threw the bottles.

22. - Top - End - #112

'Read for your-'
    Abbant looks down, spots the tell tale signs of Explosive Runes, looks up, and then it hits him.
    "Oh-"
    Whatever he was planning on saying is promptly cut off by the loud explosion. And the lack of consciousness.

He comes through a few seconds later. For a moment he's sure his ears are ringing before he identifies that his Ghost-Sound spell is still active, which he promptly dismisses. Looking around for a moment Abbant notes he's out of any imidiate danger.
    "Andreste."
    Abbant smiles as his belt glows slightly and healing energy flows through him, months of healing happening in moments, but with pain relief.
    Spoiler: Healing Belt Roll
    Show

(2d8)[11]
    Away from books, I think it's 2d8+8. Abbant is at 9HP+That.

Edit: Ok, should be 28 HP now.
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2014-06-17 at 04:51 PM.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Niel screams as the Zombie beside him suddenly explodes in a acidic inferno, his voice sounding like cracking parchment. He stumbles back and shouts to his minions to make it stop.

The badger doesn't get a chance to react since it has been moving out of range and dissolves but the zombies start smacking their burning comrade.

Munin flies to Niel and tries to calm his master down. It looks nerveous but this doesn't seem to be the first time it has happened.

He doesn't respond to Irthosirthir's vague voice.

Spoiler
    Show
    The zombie directly hit is down and the others have 4 hp left.
    You said the other undead take splash damage, does that include Niel?
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2014-06-18 at 03:53 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Allain rides closer to the enemies who have fallen to her spell and directs her sword to finish them off one by one. While doing that she tries to spot enemies on the left side of the road.
    Allain looks around desperately trying to spot the new enemies, calming her heavily wounded horse. She rides few steps away from her companions, so they are no longer easy targets for area attack and casts a simple spell trying to finish the goblins she put to sleep.
    Show

Move action: move closer.
    Spot check (1d20+5)[10]
    Standard Action: Cast Acid Splash Cantrip, at random goblin.

If spot found nothing:
    Standard: ...unbuffed attack, because it would be a waste of resources
    Attack (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage (1d8)[1]
    Most likely effect: I scratch it and it wakes up. Edit: Heh hehehe I knew it.

If spot found enemies:
    Deep Slumber on enemies. Will DC 17 (HD limit 10)
    Last edited by Lexin; 2014-06-18 at 10:03 AM.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Allain moves through the path Abbant and Irth took to flank the goblins and finds Abbant heavily battered but slowly healing himself, and walks past him and begins to spray acid on sleeping goblins, killing them.

Neil, who managed to not get burned himself by the fire due to his corageous hiding-under-wagon action, screams like a little girl at a cockroach. "KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE" he would say, if it was not fire that he was killing. Then again, killing fire with fire seems like a classic adventurer approach. Neil must not be a true adventurer. A traitor, perhaps.

The three remaining zombies begin to beat the forth, destroyed one, causing bits of burning rotten flesh to spray everywhere, almost hitting Neil too! Thankfully, the fire dies out without causing any more damage.

Irth flies from one side of the rocky edge to the other, scouting from above. She notices three goblins climbing and trying to get away from the group, running for their lives.

Spoiler: XPs and Loots
    Show
    Combat is over. Going after the remaining goblins is irrelevant besides their loot and an RP decision, so here is the rewardy bit now:

Everyone: 977xp.

2 Oil of Nausea

Spoiler: Oil of Nausea
    Show
    DR322:

Grenade-like weapon with a 10’ range increment.
    Oil of Nausea results in 1d4 rounds of Nausea (FortNeg, DC 15) on a direct hit. All creatures within a 5’ radius of the hit location are Nauseated for 1 round (FortNeg, DC 10).

2 Screaming Flask

Spoiler: Screaming Flask
    Show
    Complete Mage p135:
    Pulling the cork causes a high shrieked scream, dealing 1d8 sonic damage in a 15ft cone, DC15 fort to avoid being deafened for 1 minute. I used an alternative activation so you are allowed too: Thrown as a grenade, 1d8 sonic damage in a 10ft burst and DC15 fort to avoid deafen for 1 round.

8 Alchemist's Fire, 8 Acid, 5 Alchemist's Frost and 5 Alchemist's Spark (1d8 cold or electrical damage, 1 splash damage, 10 ft increments, Eb p121 both)

26. - Top - End - #116

Seeing the remaining goblins frantically fleeing awoke Irthosirthir's predatory nature, but she did her best to ignore it. She hesitantly decided to return to the group and began picking through the corpses to see if any of them had anything worth taking. She knew she should feign concern for her companions, but her avarice was too strong to push aside. As she was searching the bodies, she considered eating her fill while the meat was here, but the stench of smoldering zombie spoiled her substantial appetite.

27. - Top - End - #117

Abbant continues healing before anything else.
    Spoiler: Healing Rolls
    Show

Ok, no + to it. Will stop once nearly fully healed. Starting at 20 HP.
    (2d8)[9]
    (2d8)[9]
    [Belt Switch]
    (2d8)[7]
    (2d8)[11] -Stop, at 56 HP. Abbant has 1 charge of 1 healing belt remaining.
    (2d8)[12]

After sitting for a while, and linking to the belt he has wrapped around his chest like a bandolier, Abbant has gone from rather damaged internal organs, bruises, bruised bones, a variety of cuts, to just a couple of busies and cuts.

Of course, by the time this is done and Abbant is walking towards the battlefield, it's simply time to loot the bodies.
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2014-06-18 at 08:02 PM.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Ashesta concentrates for a moment, returning the temperature to normal. "It appears we have won. In the future, it looks like a should ready some lesser spells of healing."
    Yes, now that you're traveling with people who heal only through conventional means, you'll actually want those. Although this just means more work for me.
    Oh no, you might actually have to do something other than sit around all day. And I wasn't expecting the road to have dangerous opponents yet.
    Last edited by Vedhin; 2014-06-18 at 09:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119

"There's a reason I brought healing belts... If I find a way to travel though time, I'm going to find out who invented the spell known as Explosive Runes, and I'm going to remove them from history."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Niel has fallen to the ground as Munin reaches him. The raven lands on his shoulder and whisper in his ears. It tries to calm him and reminds him why is even serving a sunguise in the first place. The words strike Niel as a hammer and with the origin of his fear almost extinguished he puts his hands under his body and slowly regain his footing.

The fear is replaced with a burning sensation in all of his body and the fact that he knew it was coming doesn't lessen it the smallest bit. With very slow and controlled steps his bare feet carry him towards the wagon. Just for a brief moment he allows himself to imagine how the grass between his toes and the small rocks trying to pierce through his skin would feel to the others. He places himself in his chair and starts giving orders to his minions.

The 3 remaining zombies carry dead one(or more dead if you wish) out of the wagon and starts digging a hole.

Munin leaves his shoulder and will ask all members of the group individually how bad they are wounded starting with Abbant since he just learned to fly.

Spoiler
    Show
    How bad does the wagon look?
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2014-06-19 at 07:33 AM.