New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Multiplayer 5: Empire Strikes Back (Giant Multiplayer Robot, G&K+BNW)

Spoiler: Japan
    Show
    It's a race then. As far as we are concerned no one has a better claim on the island than either of us. Thank you.

Spoiler: Celts
    Show
    We are more than happy to accept your offer. We have much to learn from your alchemists and astrologists.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Multiplayer 5: Empire Strikes Back (Giant Multiplayer Robot, G&K+BNW)

Spoiler: Secret Clubhouse. (No Romans allowed)
    Show

Japan has info. More info then you'll ever need.

Rome.

Cumae

Neopolis.

Both of the above two.

Antium

My city

My Capital.

Antium in depth.

So for units. I know they had Musketman, Trebutchet, Crossbowman, and Galless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: To Aztecs
    Show
    Our alchemists and astrologers are in awe of the stories they hear of Mayan advances in sciences. They yearn to learn from your wisemen. Do you have the will and resources to set up a proper research agreement with us?

- Celtic Ambassador
    Last edited by thirsting; 2015-05-30 at 05:39 AM. Reason: was addressed to wrong peoples
    Well that was awkward.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think we have the Maya in this game; do you mean the Aztecs, or is that intended for a different GMR thread?
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

5. - Top - End - #335

Oops. Yes, sorry. Wrong pyramid builder americans. Was meant for Aztecs.
    Last edited by thirsting; 2015-05-30 at 05:46 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

6. - Top - End - #336

Spoiler: Secret clubhouse. (No Romans Allowed)
    Show

Okay, from what my spy could steal, I know they have Banking and chemistry researched.

For what it's worth they do not have Metallurgy though.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Secret clubhouse. (No Romans Allowed)
    Show
    Can they build Frigates? It's pretty important, considering none of us are in the same landmass. And how much Iron do they have available?
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

8. - Top - End - #338

Spoiler: Secret clubhouse (No Romans allowed)
    Show

I do not believe that they can, I believe I have Astronomy but not navigation, and I couldn't steal Navigation.

I'll make sure on my next turn.

9. - Top - End - #339

Spoiler: Spectator sunday update!
    Show

Good for them.

Oh yes, that's my biggest concern.

Sucks to be Portugal.

Not an issue in this game.

Good for them.

Also good for them.

Don't care.

And now onto my turn.

Pikeman watches over the workers.

Yes, sweet sweet gold.

Scout, scour the lands.

Settle foreign lands.

Stay away from coast.

My tech tree.

Japan intelligence agency.

Tourism wars!

The best tourism.

Policies

Cinnabar island. More trade boats!

Snowbelle city!

World congress.

So it's past turn 150, so about the middle of the game. And my prospects are to lose. My capital was conquered by the Romans, which blows, and I barely am keeping afloat at this point. Once I start getting gold.... I'll try my best to recover.

Spoiler: Secret Clubhouse (No Romans allowed)
    Show

Rome does not have the Frigates tech.
    Last edited by Illven; 2015-05-31 at 11:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    We notice that you have a settler sailing west, presumably to found a city away from the grasp of the Romans. May we ask where you intend to found your new city?

11. - Top - End - #341

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Show
    We notice that you have a settler sailing west, presumably to found a city away from the grasp of the Romans. May we ask where you intend to found your new city?
    Spoiler: The Aztecs
    Show

Ideally between you and the Polish. Would that be okay?

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Spoiler: The Aztecs
    Show

Ideally between you and the Polish. Would that be okay?
    Show
    I suppose. There's not much room, and I'd planned to settle my next city in the spot I suspect you're aiming for, but you're in pretty dire straits right now and need to start rebuilding. Ideally we'd prefer you settle somewhere else, but we don't have any good alternatives to offer, so we won't make a fuss if you end up there.

You should be warned, though, that Poland has military units in that area; I'm not sure if this is the AI being weird or if they're building up to attack me, but it is a risk.

13. - Top - End - #343

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Show
    I suppose. There's not much room, and I'd planned to settle my next city in the spot I suspect you're aiming for, but you're in pretty dire straits right now and need to start rebuilding. Ideally we'd prefer you settle somewhere else, but we don't have any good alternatives to offer, so we won't make a fuss if you end up there.

You should be warned, though, that Poland has military units in that area; I'm not sure if this is the AI being weird or if they're building up to attack me, but it is a risk.
    Spoiler: Aztecs
    Show

I'll at least see about settling elsewhere.

14. - Top - End - #344

Spoiler: Aztecs
    Show

I don't have anywhere else to settle. Sorry about this.

Spoiler: Celts
    Show

Hey. Hey. Hey, want to loan me 300 gold for 14 GPT for 25 turns! I could really use the rush bought Samurai that would get me. (Five fish tiles to improve in my new capital)

If you do, I sent you the necessary paperwork, so you can accept it, and send the deal itself back to me.

Spoiler: Indonesia
    Show

Would a settlement on the Northwest part of your island be acceptable?

Spoiler: Secret clubhouse (No romans allowed)
    Show

And Rome hit the industrial era.

Spoiler: Enough spoilers. Let's get on with the Sunday Spectator update extravaganza
    Show

Not relevant.

Hmm. I wonder how they beat my insane faith generation.

Good for them.

Woo!

The Pikeman guards the worker.

Worker moves to start a farm.

Crossbowman waits...

The settler hopes that Aztecs will not war....

The Caravel follows.

The scout scours around Poland borders.

The worker follows the settler.

It's part of a secret plan.

Tech tree.

My new Capital. It's not a bad capital.... It just needs some TLC. TLC in this case, means a Samurai to improve the 5 damn unimproved fish tiles. I hope the Celts agree to the loan.

My secondary city. Producing my last settler.

Policies Yay!

Demographics. Worst in Population, Crop yield, Manufactured goods, GNP, and Land. Best at approval though.

Tourism. I had tourism once.

Aztec tourism.

Japan intelligence agency.

Part 1 of the deal.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    We'll live. The effort is appreciated, anyway.

16. - Top - End - #346

Spoiler: To Japan
    Show
    Wait.. Those long thin blades you use as swords? Do your warriors really fish with them? Because if so, that is AWESOME. Loan accepted either way.

- Celtic Elder's council, unanimous for once
    Well that was awkward.

17. - Top - End - #347

Quote Originally Posted by thirsting View Post
    Show
    Wait.. Those long thin blades you use as swords? Do your warriors really fish with them? Because if so, that is AWESOME. Loan accepted either way.

- Celtic Elder's council, unanimous for once
    Spoiler: The Celts
    Show

Allegedly, I've never seen it myself however.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Show
    Unfortunately, the part of the island we suspect you intend to settle is already slated for near-term expansion by our own pioneers.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

19. - Top - End - #349

Spoiler: The Celts
    Show

Thank you for giving more then what was initially requested. The Japanese people will remember this.

Spoiler: Indonesia.
    Show

We were planning to settle in between the sheep and the cattle. Would that be allowed?

Spoiler: Rome
    Show

Why are you converting my cities?

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Show
    That is the exact spot we were going to settle, so that's a no-go. However, there is territory south of Jakarta I don't have much interest in. The celts have already settled there however, but there are plains, horses and wine.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

21. - Top - End - #351

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    Show
    That is the exact spot we were going to settle, so that's a no-go. However, there is territory south of Jakarta I don't have much interest in. The celts have already settled there however, but there are plains, horses and wine.
    Spoiler: Indonesia
    Show

Would you be able to provide a picture?

And we don't blame you, that is a really nice city spot.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Barbarian in the Playground

Show

The sharing of ideas and knowledge is paramount to our religion. It must be spread far and wide across the lands.
    Board-game and XCOM nerd. Furry. Handle with care.

23. - Top - End - #353

Spoiler: Rome
    Show

So you won't mind if I convert it back then?

Spoiler: Secret clubhouse (No Romans allowed)
    Show

Rome's top of the demographics for tech.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Barbarian in the Playground

Show
    We will burn additional incense for their sake, but we will not be offended.

Spoiler: Solum Romanus liceat
    Show

What? I should be able to have a secret clubhouse, too!
    Last edited by Magentawolf; 2015-06-11 at 01:53 PM.
    Board-game and XCOM nerd. Furry. Handle with care.

25. - Top - End - #355

Spoiler: Solum Romanus liceat
    Show
    It's ok, Rome. I still like you.

Also, good capture of Japan.
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

26. - Top - End - #356

Orcus, or Magentawolf is that second spoiler for everyone, or just spectators?

27. - Top - End - #357

It's for Rome club members only! No non-Romans allowed!
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

28. - Top - End - #358

Quote Originally Posted by OrcusMcP View Post
    It's for Rome club members only! No non-Romans allowed!
    So why are you there, you were formerly Japanese.

29. - Top - End - #359

Spoiler: To Indonesia
    Show
    If your settlers near Sofia are heading Northwards, they are in danger of getting waylaid by barbarian warcanoes. Our Caravel is keeping them busy currently, but I'd still advice caution.

- Message from Celtic Fleet Admiral
    Well that was awkward.

30. - Top - End - #360

Hey guys I found someone to take over for Poland!