New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Civ 5 Multiplayer 5: Empire Strikes Back (Giant Multiplayer Robot, G&K+BNW)

Okaaaayyyyy....

Um, guys?

I have the game waiting for me- apparently it's my turn.

It's also the game's first turn. As in I received a congratulations message as I get to 'create the game and play the first turn'.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    Currently playing the Maya in Civilisation V Multiplayer 3: Swimsuit edition.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Civ 5 Multiplayer 5: Empire Strikes Back (Giant Multiplayer Robot, G&K+BNW)

This is probably a result of me accidentally sending the save multiple times because the GMR client kept telling me that the save hadn't sent properly. Why it's telling you to start the game, I do not know, especially since the "recent turns" list shows that the players between me and Somebloke were not in fact auto'd. Their turns have not been played. I'm not sure what's going on here, especially as revert doesn't work.

I disabled the turn timer so that doesn't cause more confusion while we try to figure this out.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

3. - Top - End - #93

Considering we were only a couple turns in anyway, should we consider restarting?
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

You could always just try reverting a turn or two and see if that helps. Maybe download the save manually from the GMR site instead of using the app, and upload it manually instead.

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    This is probably a result of me accidentally sending the save multiple times because the GMR client kept telling me that the save hadn't sent properly.
    I did the same thing in the fourth game, but it seems like no one was skipped there, as far as I can tell.
    Well that was awkward.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

thirsting, have you attempted to take your turn? It should be your turn right now, so it's possible that if you open the client, it'll give you the save and this thing will right itself.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

7. - Top - End - #97

Tried, but couldn't. The client says it's Somebloke's turn. Found this from the FAQ:

I get a notice that I'm the first player and must create the game, even though we're many turns in?

This can sometimes happen due to a bug that we haven't been able to track down yet in our turn processing and skipping. If it occurs simply revert the turn back to the previous player and let them play their turn again, that generally fixes it. If that doesn't work then email us and let us know which game you're experiencing it in and we'll fix it manually.
    Here's the email link, perhaps you should do it, as you are the host: [email protected]
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-06-20 at 02:55 PM.
    Well that was awkward.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I emailed them.

Edit: I got a response. Apparently they used mighty powers of admin to erase the phantom turns. It should be properly your turn now, thirsting.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2014-06-20 at 04:05 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

9. - Top - End - #99

Nope. GMR site and client says it's my turn, and I was able to load the file, but the safe file says it's Somebloke's turn.
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-06-20 at 04:59 PM.
    Well that was awkward.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

In that case, I may have to upload the save at the end of my turn and start a new game on that. I think that should be possible. GMR would then be wrong about the amount of turns played, but everything else should work.

Edit: Apparently, if I revert now, that should fix it. I'll give it a try.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2014-06-20 at 05:34 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I reverted and replayed my turn, and this time it seems to have worked properly. You should have a fresh save file now, thirsting, and I think we can continue playing normally.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

12. - Top - End - #102

It did work!
    Well that was awkward.

13. - Top - End - #103

RogueGuy

Worked fine.

14. - Top - End - #104

Errr, I tried loading up the save since it said it was my turn, and it's asking me to play as Rome instead of Japan.

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

That's... really weird. Especially since you weren't even phantom-played by GMR. It looks like the save thinks it Magentawolf's turn for some reason. I reverted back to Somebloke. Lets try this again.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

16. - Top - End - #106

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    That's... really weird. Especially since you weren't even phantom-played by GMR. It looks like the save thinks it Magentawolf's turn for some reason. I reverted back to Somebloke. Lets try this again.
    So far so good- it worked.

17. - Top - End - #107

All is well!

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Seeing as GMR is working normally again, I put the turn timer back on.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

19. - Top - End - #109

The ruin of culture is fine
    But I'd rather learn how to mine
    The barbs are nearby
    Hey, over there, is that dye?
    At least now I'll complete my shrine

-Oda Nobunaga, in one of his earlier, less composed works.

20. - Top - End - #110

I'll be on vacation mode for the next 48 hours or so.
    Well that was awkward.

21. - Top - End - #111

The scout had gone quite far from home
    To map all the lands he would roam
    Finding ruins until
    he stood on a hill
    And saw to his west there was Rome

Spoiler: To Rome
    Show
    Fair greetings, mighty Ceasar! What brings you to these lands?

22. - Top - End - #112
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: For Japan
    Show

Hail unto thee, Lord Nobunaga

For the Glory of Rome, we are mapping these lands. Be wary, for we have seen signs of barbarian encroachment, though our legions shall soon contain them.
    Board-game and XCOM nerd. Furry. Handle with care.

23. - Top - End - #113

Quote Originally Posted by Magentawolf View Post
    Spoiler: For Japan
    Show

Hail unto thee, Lord Nobunaga

For the Glory of Rome, we are mapping these lands. Be wary, for we have seen signs of barbarian encroachment, though our legions shall soon contain them.
    Spoiler: To Rome:
    Show
    The Japanese are nothing if not honourable and honest, so we may assist you in these endeavors.

To your north is a desert with fertile floodplains, and past that lie our own jungle hills and coast. In the north east lies mighty mountain range we have not yet breached. Can you advise what can be found past your lands to the south and east?

Perhaps we may be able to come to an arrangement of land division. The previously mentioned river would make a natural border between our mighty nations.

24. - Top - End - #114

Spoiler: To Japan
    Show
    Rome is a coastal city, so the sea lies to our flanks in that direction. I will not yet set our borders in stone, but we may well come to peaceful terms.

25. - Top - End - #115

"Congratulations! You get to create this game and ... blah blah."

I would try reverting it, but can't log into GMR site right now. And a long shift at work starts soon.
    Well that was awkward.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Seems especially strange given that it should be my turn still. I'll revert. It seems to have skipped me.

And reverting seems to have made it Jamin's turn again. Lets go with that. Apparently I got hit with phantom turn syndrome this time, but maybe this will fix it.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2014-07-09 at 04:40 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

27. - Top - End - #117

I noticed this game had vanished off of my list the other day. It came back, but who knows what's going on with it...

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The GMR guys have mentioned that the App and site is experiencing pretty serious issues these days. They'll help with any issues that arise, but it's probably not a bad idea to maybe put the games on the backburner for the time being until the situation is resolved.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm turning off the timer again.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

30. - Top - End - #120

the save was having issues for me last night as well
    Actors we are people pretending to be people

Thanks to Kwarkpudding for the amazing Aran Avatar