New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Multiplayer 5: Empire Strikes Back (Giant Multiplayer Robot, G&K+BNW)

I am going to be out of town until Saturday I have set myself on vacation mode for now.
    Actors we are people pretending to be people

Thanks to Kwarkpudding for the amazing Aran Avatar

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Multiplayer 5: Empire Strikes Back (Giant Multiplayer Robot, G&K+BNW)

Spoiler: For Germany
    Show
    I suppose we better introduce ourselves, instead of just letting our scouts sneak around your borders. Know that these lands south of your lands are full and can not support any more settlements. States of Vancouver and Melbourne are some of the more notable forces here, and southwards from them live numerous barbarians and savages, and us Celts. Feel free to visit, but there is no room here for your people to move into.

-Celtic envoy

Spoiler: For spectators
    Show
    Placeholder - there'll be some screenshots here after I get to make my turn next time. Never mind. There's small screenshot post a few posts down.
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-08-12 at 09:32 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

3. - Top - End - #123

Spoiler: For Celts
    Show
    Well met my friend. For the time being the land north of Berlin should serve our needs just fine.
    Actors we are people pretending to be people

Thanks to Kwarkpudding for the amazing Aran Avatar

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I cannot get GMR to work right now. Can't log in, and can't play my turn. I'll play it once the system works again, assuming I don't get skipped (the timer is still on because I can't log into GMR to stop it).
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Okay, GMR seems to have resolved their server issues, but now every time I try to play my turn, it throws up a DirectX runtime error. I've turned off the timer until I can figure this out.

Notably, I was able to play my turn in the other GMR game I am in, so it seems like this is an issue with this savefile specifically. I'm going to revert the turn back to Jamin. Hopefully a fresh savefile will resolve the issue.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2014-08-08 at 03:42 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Problem solved. Turn timer is on again.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

7. - Top - End - #127

Spoiler: To spectators
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    Spoiler: To Thirsting:
    Show
    Eep, I don't know what you're going to do for food there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Goddess of the Hunt seems like a must for a pantheon belief, which might alleviate some of the food problems for a bit.
    Despite all the marsh, tundra, forests and fishless sea...
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-08-12 at 12:21 PM.
    Well that was awkward.

8. - Top - End - #128

There seems to be something wrong with the save file. I can download it, I can launch Civ V, but if I try to load up the save everything crashes. The other saves I had to play worked just fine.
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrcusMcP View Post
    There seems to be something wrong with the save file. I can download it, I can launch Civ V, but if I try to load up the save everything crashes. The other saves I had to play worked just fine.
    Have you tried deleting the save file then re-downloading it? That can sometimes clear up problems.

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
    Have you tried deleting the save file then re-downloading it? That can sometimes clear up problems.
    I have, but I'll try again and restarting Steam completely.

EDIT: No good, still getting the same crashes.
    Last edited by OrcusMcP; 2014-08-19 at 09:02 PM.

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'll revert. It seems like Somebloke has been skipped 4 times in a row now though, so I'm going to see how I can speed that up after I get back from work.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

12. - Top - End - #132

Still getting the crash. And it's just this save, the other ones I had to play are doing fine.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

If the save seems proper ****ed, contact the GMR devs on the GMR group on Steam, they should be able to fix it.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I just realized that since Somebloke was skipped on both runs there, no new save was ever uploaded. I'll revert twice, back to Sartain. Lets try that.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alright Orcus, We should now have a new save from Sartain. Hopefully this will work.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    Alright Orcus, We should now have a new save from Sartain. Hopefully this will work.
    Cool beans, thanks for all your help with this! I'll have to check the save when I get home from work.

17. - Top - End - #137

RogueGuy

My computer has finally utterly topped itself and needed a new hard drive installed. It's not Civ-5 friendly.

I'm going to have to bow out. How do I set it so that the computer plays in my stead?
    Currently playing the Maya in Civilisation V Multiplayer 3: Swimsuit edition.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, since you've surrendered, it should do so automatically, same as when you are skipped.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I had no issues with the save. Also, AI players are pretty destabilizing for the "balance of power", should we try and get someone to take over for somebloke?

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

If that sort of thing is possible through GMR, I'd gladly step in. For the glory of...whatever he was playing!
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

It might? Somebloke was playing Poland. Here's an invite just in case. http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game/Joi...0-c480ceae0b62
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, that works.
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

23. - Top - End - #143

Holy crap! I'm still getting the crash. Should we let GMR know? I can try skipping the turn to see if anyone else gets it.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lets first see if Magentawolf can open the save. If yes, but you still have problems next turn, the problem is probably on your end somehow.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by OrcusMcP View Post
    Holy crap! I'm still getting the crash. Should we let GMR know? I can try skipping the turn to see if anyone else gets it.
    You might want to try reinstalling Civilization and GMR while you're waiting.

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by Driderman View Post
    You might want to try reinstalling Civilization and GMR while you're waiting.
    Every other save loads fine, and I use GMR manually since I'm on a Mac.

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    Lets first see if Magentawolf can open the save. If yes, but you still have problems next turn, the problem is probably on your end somehow.
    The save loads fine.. *but* I can't do anything, as it's stuck in 'Waiting for Other Players' mode, despite the fact that it's saying my turn is current.
    Board-game and XCOM nerd. Furry. Handle with care.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magentawolf View Post
    The save loads fine.. *but* I can't do anything, as it's stuck in 'Waiting for Other Players' mode, despite the fact that it's saying my turn is current.
    Eep, hopefully that doesn't have anything to do with adding another player. I haven't seen any disruptions in the other games though, and generally we get these in groups if the problem's on GMR's side.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm turning off the timer and mailing support.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I've had new players join other GMR games with no issue.