New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Multiplayer 5: Empire Strikes Back (Giant Multiplayer Robot, G&K+BNW)

Has the GMR tech support replied anything? Maybe try reverting couple times again?
    Well that was awkward.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Civ 5 Multiplayer 5: Empire Strikes Back (Giant Multiplayer Robot, G&K+BNW)

No response thus far. I can try more reverts after I get back from work.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

#3 is having a similar issue, also after having people join. I'm curious to see if the latest round of reverting (to a turn prior to the new player's turn) fixed that one.
    Board-game and XCOM nerd. Furry. Handle with care.

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by Magentawolf View Post
    #3 is having a similar issue, also after having people join. I'm curious to see if the latest round of reverting (to a turn prior to the new player's turn) fixed that one.
    In other news, the revertings to #3 worked, so maybe you can revert the turn to before the new player(s) turns, and that'll fix this?

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Given that it's been a week and I still haven't heard from GMR support, I'll give it a shot. This problem appeared before Luzahn joined, but turn is now Sartain's. Again.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got the save now, and the problem is continuing. Should I revert, or try skipping past?
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

If it STILL doesn't work, the only thing I can think of is trying to do a whole bunch of skips and then seeing if we can continue the game. GMR support still hasn't answered me. That would mean skipping at least Luzahn, Orcus, and Magentawolf, since we know your save has a problem right now.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2014-09-02 at 11:14 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

8. - Top - End - #158

Well, it says it's my turn, and I'm getting that same error I was before. Should I just try to skip?
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Only thing I can think of right now.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    Only thing I can think of right now.
    My turn was successful, for the record.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Glorious! Once The_Snark manages to play their turn, I'll turn the timer back on and we'll continue as normal.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alright, looks like everything is working now. Is Jamin still around?
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

13. - Top - End - #163

Yes I took my turn
    Actors we are people pretending to be people

Thanks to Kwarkpudding for the amazing Aran Avatar

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Timer is now back on. Hopefully this means we can continue the game as normal.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

15. - Top - End - #165

Okay, since I'm getting the same crash error each time its my turn in this game, but every other game I'm in works fine, and skipping/reverting/etc doesn't seem to fix the problem, I think I should just bow out of this game.

It sucks, but I also want to make sure you all don't get bogged down with my issues.

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrcusMcP View Post
    Okay, since I'm getting the same crash error each time its my turn in this game, but every other game I'm in works fine, and skipping/reverting/etc doesn't seem to fix the problem, I think I should just bow out of this game.

It sucks, but I also want to make sure you all don't get bogged down with my issues.
    Drive-by posting here, since I think you're suffering from the same problem as mine.

http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfil.../?id=267554865

It works beautifully to trim the save down to a manageable size and prevent crashing.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

If you want to rejoin and try that the next time turn order would cycle to you, here's an invite link: http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game/Joi...3-5b54576e739f
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

18. - Top - End - #168

Aw. :( Did you try those two possible fixes yet (the two lasts posts before this one)? Yes, this is a bump.
    Going to?

Edit: Otherwise, it would be nice if some other more or less human entity could take over the wheel and carry Japan over this crisis of leaderlessnes, eh?
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-09-10 at 03:59 PM.
    Well that was awkward.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I agree that Japan could do with a (Meiji?) restoration of player rule. I play multiplayer games specifically so I don't have to deal with dumb AI.

Spoiler: For Spectators (are there any?)
    Show
    Welcome to the Great Mahapatih's guided tour of the Indonesian empire!

The Mahapatih supports the efforts of our priests and philosophers, and has ordered the construction of a grand library to hold their works. He believes that the establishment of a prestigious place of learning in Jakarta will spur new innovation and bring glory to Indonesia.

Unfortunately, the reach of Jakarta is not yet particularly far. Uncivilized peoples regularly harry our frontiers.

The Mahapatih plans to order the creation of a new settlement on another coast spied by our warriors attempting to take stock of our surroundings. The mahapatih believes in the power of the seas, and intends to expand our frontiers and bring the light of civilization to the barbarians once certain administrative reforms have been implemented (translation: I'm going to settle that piece of land to the west with a settler from Collective Rule because I'm all about dat city growth).

Took a picture of the piece of land I mean. See that ruin? My educated guess is that that's a separate landmass, though I can't be entirely certain. It would be nice if it was, since I'd be getting mileage out of my UA earlier.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2014-09-11 at 01:43 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

20. - Top - End - #170

Quote Originally Posted by thirsting View Post
    Aw. :( Did you try those two possible fixes yet (the two lasts posts before this one)? Yes, this is a bump.
    Going to?

Edit: Otherwise, it would be nice if some other more or less human entity could take over the wheel and carry Japan over this crisis of leaderlessnes, eh?
    I'll rejoin and try the un-bloat thing tonight.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Colossus in the Playground

You always have at least one spectator.

And he appreciates the pretty pictures
    Last edited by Illven; 2014-09-11 at 03:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: To The Aztec:
    Show
    Montezuma, we regret to report that a squadron of your men has been eliminated warring with the barbarians east of our city. We have slain their murderers, and wish to know what should be done with the bodies of your fallen.

As a small aside, Poland would also like to request an exchange of embassies.
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

23. - Top - End - #173

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Drive-by posting here, since I think you're suffering from the same problem as mine.

http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfil.../?id=267554865

It works beautifully to trim the save down to a manageable size and prevent crashing.
    Okay, I subscribed to this, and the other mod that apparently is required for it, but there is not mod interface in my CivV game in order to activate them, and nowhere is there a "download mod" button to add it in manually. Any thoughts? I use a Mac, so something tells me that the workshop is just going to not work. Figured that part out, got the Mod interface, but the mods themselves are not downloading form the workshop.

I don't really have time to do a lot of troubleshooting on this today, so I think my turn will just skip. If it's still messed up and I can't fix it by the time my next turn comes around, then someone else can take over for me.
    Last edited by OrcusMcP; 2014-09-13 at 07:43 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrcusMcP View Post
    Okay, I subscribed to this, and the other mod that apparently is required for it, but there is not mod interface in my CivV game in order to activate them, and nowhere is there a "download mod" button to add it in manually. Any thoughts? I use a Mac, so something tells me that the workshop is just going to not work. Figured that part out, got the Mod interface, but the mods themselves are not downloading form the workshop.

I don't really have time to do a lot of troubleshooting on this today, so I think my turn will just skip. If it's still messed up and I can't fix it by the time my next turn comes around, then someone else can take over for me.
    Did you manage to get to the mod page? It should go something like Mods > Tick both mods > Next > Play Single-Player > Load GMR game and play your turn.

25. - Top - End - #175

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Did you manage to get to the mod page? It should go something like Mods > Tick both mods > Next > Play Single-Player > Load GMR game and play your turn.
    I got to that page, but the mods I subscribed to weren't there, and all the descriptions in the Workshop say "It should download after you subscribe".

Edit: Well, it's my turn again, I tried reverifying the integrity of the game cash, and it said there were two files to download which I assumed were the two mods. Yet, there was still no mods installed in my in-game menu. I'll try to get something sorted after work, but it's not looking promising, unless someone else has any ideas. EDIT2: Finally found a way to manually download/extract the mods, but will have to test if they work tonight.
    Last edited by OrcusMcP; 2014-09-15 at 10:29 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176

Okay, after finally getting the de-bloat mod to work, it still failed at loading the save. I will bow out of this game, someone else can take over if they like.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Unfortunate. I supposed we'll have to find someone else to play Japan then. I'll post in the general Civ thread.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

28. - Top - End - #178
    Colossus in the Playground

The spectator has become Japan. (In a couple of hours, once I got on the home computer.)

A couple of questions.

1 How boned has the turns of AI made me?

2 What turn are we on?

3 Who has contact with Japan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

29. - Top - End - #179

Turn 40 or 41. Don't think the AI has had more than three or four turns to botch (or improve?! ) things since the great late leader OrcusMcP last ruled.
    Well that was awkward.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

1. You should not be boned from AI. Japan has only had a couple of turns of AI, and Poland has actually had more AI than Japan. I actually suspect that the bigger handicap might be having to work from Orcus' strategy, which might not be how you would choose to play.

2. According to GMR, we are about the complete the 40th turn. Not sure if accurate.

3. I think I saw Orcus and Magentawolf send eachother spoilered messages, so at least Rome?
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2014-09-16 at 11:55 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!