New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Default World Building Resource

Need world building help, ideas, or just a different perspective?
    Stop by and have a look at PSG GMs Rules.

I have just added over a dozen pages to the website, with about 4-5 more to go. Construction, Magic Items, Resource determination, Population center development and much more.

Like always, take what you need leave the rest;

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: World Building Resource

Wow, that website looks pretty professional! I'm impressed! I like how you give us some information up front just to give us a taste for the gaming system, but make the rest of it for sale. Do you get many customers?
    "Life is short and we do not have much time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us. So be quick to love, and make haste to be kind."

3. - Top - End - #3

Imp

Thanks Malachi,

Just started the 3rd month with the website, and I’m still adding material daily. Point System Gaming (PSG - fantasy) has been in development for about 10 years now. It’s currently in its 6th revision and finally ready for mass consumption.

The system draws heavily from the gaming experience of our play testing group (average of 20+ years per individual). It incorporates the successful parts of other systems, while ‘fixing’ the broken parts. We tried, I think successfully, to break away from a ‘level’ based fantasy system (like D&D) and opened up the system placing less stress on ‘class’ allowing players more choice to mix and match skills and abilities. Most characters have between 10-30 hit points rather than the 20-100 in D&D style games, which, in my opinion, promotes better role-play.

Characters stats are no longer static (3-18 range) but represented by a dice value (D4-D12). These stats are commonly paired with skill, magic, or combat checks to provide a more robust ‘bell curve’ of results.

The magic system is a complete departure from the standard fantasy system. Magical concepts are described and categorized into 10 different schools of magic varying in strength from 1-5 ranks. Although a series of ‘standard’ spells exist for players to cast, the true power of this magic system comes from players customizing and creating their own spells. The players learn the magical ‘lore’, which allows them to dissect the existing spells and make alterations that fit their playing style. Once they have achieved a firm understanding of the system, many players develop their own unique spells. Like spells, a group of standard magical items have been presented, GMs and players are encouraged to develop their own.

A completely revamped psionic system has also been presented. It is simple enough to understand and minimizes the need for extensive record keeping while still maintaining a complexity needed to be functional. The psionic devotions presented are not ‘rehashed’ spells common to most gaming systems where psionics is more of an afterthought than a primary function of the game. PSG can be played as a purely psionic based game without magic if the GM so chooses.

Finally, a robust list of downloads exist. This list includes, a list of standard spells, magical rituals, psionic devotions (minor, major, grand), skills displayed in ranks from 1-5, talents, enhancements, magical items, and much more. This is in addition to the GMs resources that focus on creating population centers, worldwide demographics, and developing law enforcement organizations for towns and cities. I could go on, but it may just be easier for you to check out the website.

To answer your last question regarding sales; Yes, I have had some sales. Considering the website has only been up for a few months, I expect more in the future as I add more content to the sale downloadables. Most individuals love the map because it is quite large, colorful, and easily adaptable to any gaming system even if the PSG rules are not employed. Instant world if you will, with large areas to explore.

4. - Top - End - #4

Imp

Just updated the website with several new pages. Designed for players & GMs wishing to find some helpful aids regarding;

Alchemy – overview with two downloadable PDFs that contain over 100 alchemical formulas with pictures.
    Herbs – formulas for finding herbs with two downloadable PDFs that contain over 100 herbs with pictures.
    Gems – how they are categorized, cut, and integrated into roleplay; again 2 downloadable PDF with over 100 gems with pictures.

Although these are designed for the Point System Gaming RPG, they can be easily adapted to other gaming systems. As with all information on the website, use what you like discard the rest.

5. - Top - End - #5

Imp

Just updated the website and added two pages focusing on poisons. Classification, descriptions, categories, and rules/guidelines for creating new poisons can be found on the PSG-Poisons page.

Additionally, three downloadable PDF files are available (at the bottom of the page) that detail over 90 poisons that can be easily used and adapted to any fantasy based gaming system.

6. - Top - End - #6

Imp

I have not had much time to update posts, because I have been busy creating a set of adventure modules for Point System Gaming. The first, Ancient Blood, is an introduction to the new gaming system and allows a group adventurers to rescue a damsel in distress. Travel, pirates, assassins, a treasure ransom, and omens set the stage for a challenging adventure.

Got some time during the holidays and need something new to sink your teeth into? Check out Ancient Blood.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

so useful....Thankyou

8. - Top - End - #8

Imp

Sktarq;
    You are welcome.

Just updated all 146 Talents and over 200 Enhancements for Point System Fantasy. Version 6.22, along with index pages are ready for download here ------> Core Rules – Downloads.

Submissions for additional talents and enhancements are welcome.

9. - Top - End - #9

Imp

Fantasy Space-Time Theory

I have been working on organizing the fantasy multi-verse. To that end I have tried to organized my thoughts and apply some scientific theory to these fantasy based concepts. Ironic? Well, maybe. Anyway, I could use some constructive criticism, especially if you have some insight into astrophysics. Click on the link above and visit the webpage.

Thanks in advance;

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Under Crime & Punishment, Endangered Servitude should probably be Indentured Servitude.
    Last edited by arkham618; 2014-04-08 at 02:56 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Imp

Thanks arkham618, correction made.

I have also completed the Point System Gaming – Fantasy character sheet. I developed it in Microsoft Excel and added as may drop down list as possible to make the drudgery of filling out a character sheet less painful. Viewing the character sheet on-line makes it appear more complex that it actually is; downloading is recommended. Character sheets can be found both on the Character Generation Guide (bottom) and Core Rules Download pages.

12. - Top - End - #12

BardGuy

Very good material, thank you for sharing (an congrats on the quality of your work).

13. - Top - End - #13

Imp

Thanks Weltall!