New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IC - Trefoil

1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: IC - Trefoil

Though the sky looks moderately clear currently, there are hints of clouds that could very well herald heavy snow during the evening or night time. As Trefoil begins following the beach round to the south, she sees very little of note. Moving slowly to hide her tracks, she continues away from the trees in solitude.

Spoiler: New Map
    Show

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Trefoil doesn't like being out in the open, anyway, and a possible storm just increases her desire to find some shelter. On the bright side, it seems like no one else is around. For now.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Still moving at half speed to cover tracks. Trefoil will move along the beach for the rest of the first hour, unless the beach ends or something of note comes up.
    Last edited by Rysc; 2015-01-06 at 08:14 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Trefoil's wanderings are soon cut short as she finds herself at the southernmost point of the island. Snow stretches to the north until it meets the trees. From where she is, she can see that the 'forest' is little more than a Copse. It seems that the Gamesmakers have kept the island small. At the easternmost edge of the forest, Trefoil can make out Camile hurrying northward.

Spoiler: OoC and Map
    Show
    The island isn't particularly big, Trefoil's walking has taken her a minute at most, getting her to the southernmost point on the island. I can provide a bigger map if you want one to show where she is in relation to the forest and Camile, just giving you a detail one for the time being.

Show

4. - Top - End - #64

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Well, so much for my brilliant strategy of getting as far away as possible. Could I have that bigger map, please?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Larger Map
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #66

Trefoil is realizing that the shore is not so much some sort of lake as it is a sea. The forest is disappointingly small, too, and now she's left standing here in the open.

And there's the 9 again. Well, there's nothing else really for her to do. The mage still hadn't shown up, so maybe she'll get lucky. The girl sets off at a run towards the other tribute, her footsteps seeming to be excruciatingly loud in the emptiness.

Show
    Running north, aiming for the edge of the forest near Camille.
    Last edited by Rysc; 2015-01-11 at 05:16 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Though she appears to be slowing her pace, and initially unaware of Trefoil's presence, when the girl from 11 starts running, Camile turns her head. She spots Trefoil racing toward her and her eyes widen in panic.

Show
    Camile has noticed Trefoil's approach through the snow, roll for initiative please.

Camile's Initiative - (1D20+5)[9]

Show

8. - Top - End - #68

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Well, I might get lucky and roll higher...
    (1d20)[16]

9. - Top - End - #69

Trefoil hesitates for a split second. Why had the girl been slowing down? Maybe she's wrong, and the mage is nearby, just out of sight. Maybe the 9 had just been tired, and thought she was safe. Unfortunately the other girl has already spotted her, and the arena really did seem to be rather small, at least on this side. She could only go north, or back around by the Cornocupia, which would be more than idiotic.

Either way, she'd need to get closer to the 9 to try anything. North it is, then.

Show
    Running north again, aiming for the edge of the treeline around 5 or 6 squares to the left of Camille.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Trefoil is able to close the distance quickly, once more within the tree line. Camile looks wide eyed, backing out into the snow. "Please, Trefoil! I don't want to fight you!" Her voice sounds strained, as though she doesn't believe she can sway the girl from eleven, "And you don't have to fight me! We could work together instead!"

Show
    Camile's more or less just backing away from Trefoil, nothing fancy.

Show

11. - Top - End - #71

Trefoil slows to a stop and stares at the 9 girl. Definitely not a threat. She had thought the 9 might give her trouble, but maybe she could just continue north. She also doesn't want to risk getting on the bad side of the mage.

When she finally does start speaking, her words are curt and sound strange in her own ears. "Don't be so loud. You might attract the others."

Then she turns continues her path upwards, but not before she's grasping another wooden spear. Fighting will be too slow. There may be more up ahead though, and she wants to be prepared.

Show
    Standard action to summon a longspear via Wooden Weapon. Moving north 30 ft.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Camile looks stunned, almost as though she can't believe that Trefoil has decided to leave her be. She nods uncertainly, keeping her eyes on the girl from eleven as she moves a bit further away from the forest edge.

Show
    Alright, no longer in combat rounds!

Can I get a perception check too, please?

Show

13. - Top - End - #73

Gripping the longspear tightly, Trefoil continues her way north.

The trees brush against her mind in irritation. She wants to get farther away, though. If that's even possible. Hopefully there'll be more room to the northwest.

Show
    Perception:(1d20+6)[17]

Well, that was over quickly. Running north for a minute, unless something comes up.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

It seems that many of the tributes chose to flee in this direction. It takes less than a minute for Trefoil to catch sight of Sel and Sheila. The two appear to be working together. Though she moves quietly, Trefoil seems to catch Sel's attention. The Half-Elf looks into the forest, trying to catch sight of exactly where Trefoil is. Sel has sunk into a combat stance, evidently prepared to fight should she need to.

Show
    Roll initiative if you wish to do so.

Show

15. - Top - End - #75

This place is too small.

Trefoil pauses for a split second, trying to see if the others will attack. When it becomes apparent that they're doing the same, she turns and steps out of the forest, glances over at them, then attempts to continue her course to the northwest.

Show
    Assuming that Sel or Sheila don't do anything, Trefoil will skirt around them and continue running to the northwest.

And just to be absolutely sure: to cast a spell with a material component, I'd either need the component/ a spell pouch or Eschew Materials, right?
    Last edited by Rysc; 2015-01-30 at 09:56 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Watching Trefoil warily, Sel remains tense as the girl from eleven makes her way along the forest border. Once it becomes clear that Trefoil has no immediate intentions of attacking, she begins to edge away, moving more northward toward the base of the mountain.

Show
    You are correct about the spell.

Show

17. - Top - End - #77

Trefoil becomes increasingly nervous as she moves along the forest.

Where are the others? Didn't some more run this way too?

After a few more glances at the two others tributes, she suddenly begins chanting. A thick smoke billows out around her as she ducks behind trees and branches.

Show
    Ugh, I had actually wanted to move to the northeast. Apparently I am not at good at directions as I thought. Oh well.

Going to be casting Obscuring Mist, then moving and using stealth, continuing along the edge of the forest northwest.

Initiative, if needed for the spell: (1d20)[18]
    Stealth: (1d20+7)[8]

EDIT: WELL. So much for stealth.
    Last edited by Rysc; 2015-02-05 at 08:01 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Apparently unwilling to simply let her leave, Sheila takes a moment to say something to Sel before abruptly blurring into action. Before Trefoil can respond, Sheila is on top of her. The longsword she's managed to get hold of cuts through Trefoil's arm without much difficulty, biting deep into her. The only thing stopping it from cleaving fully through is her bone, the metal grating against it as it cuts free. A wide spray of blood splatters onto the previously pristine snow, steaming in the cold air.

Show
    So... Yeah... Sheila rolled a 26 to hit and has dealt 18 damage to Trefoil. Combined with the injury inflicted by Talas, I believe this is enough to knock her into negative hit points. If you have some way to save yourself, this is the time to talk about it. Otherwise, I'm afraid you've just been knocked unconscious by the blow.

Show

19. - Top - End - #79

The trees. The trees are around her. Branches. Whispers. Roots, reaching into the cold ground...

Spoiler
    Show
    Welp. Currently at -1 hp, need another -12 to go down. Should've healed before.

Ah well. Sadly, there's really nothing Trefoil can do.
    Last edited by Rysc; 2015-02-05 at 02:40 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

Spoiler: If for some reason Sheila decides to leave...
    Show
    CON check to stabilize: (1d20+6)[7]

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Sadly for Trefoil, and as you probably guessed, this is where she dies. Thankyou for taking part, and an even bigger thankyou for putting up with my exceptionally slow posting schedule. If I may ask, could I tempt you into helping me out by becoming a sponsor instead? If yes, just PM me and I'll send relevant things you'd need along with talking it over.

Show