New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: [IC] City of Sand

After seeing the last skeleton crumbling into dust Keldaro rushes over to Tuck to inspect his wounds. While the wounds look severe Keldaro feels there is still hope for Tuck and places his hands on his limb body. "Pelor let me be your vessel of warmth and good and this unlucky soul the power to recover himself."

As Keldaro lifts his hands you can see that the bleeding slows down until it stops bleeding as time passes by. As he looks in his hand he can see the symbol he conjured fading away until his hands are empty once more.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Keldaro cast Lesser Vigor on tuck, giving him fast healing 1 for 11 rounds.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hoi, thanks a bunch, man. That was a really nasty cut." says Tuck as the bleeding stops and his wounds starts healing. He stands with a hand on the door to steady himself against the dizziness that comes with blood loss, however temporary. With the other hand he pats away the dried blood from his clothes, then wipes his mouth after spatting a mucous glob to the side. Finally he adds, putting his hand on Kaledro's shoulder: "Appreciate it, really."
    Last edited by iTookUrNick; 2014-08-30 at 09:36 AM.
    My day job is killing me. But I will rise again, more powerful than ever!

PbP: Sky Captain (IC|OOC) - The Warlock of Monte Cristo (IC|OOC)
    Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalindra

Kali smiles relieved when Tuck is healed. Then she turns her attention to the equipment the skeletons had. "Weapons and armor. Might come in handy if we run into more trouble."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I agree, if we can use those armaments, we should take them with us, they will be better off then what we gathered from the mines. If you can use or wear either speak up. I for one can use both, but will only take the armor if only one is able to be used, I'm not much of a fighter as you saw from my performance against those unholy abominations."
    Thanks drack for finding the new avatar
    Life has come up, I apologize if I'm in a game and have just disappeared.

5. - Top - End - #155

BlackDragon

Roo frowns a little as the second skeleton falls before he could attack. Shouldering the pickaxe he hangs nearby and watches the surroundings, the fight reminding him he needed to pay attention down here.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Erica smiles as the skeleton turns to ash. She hadn't been able to kill them, but giving the others the fiery fury they needed to do so. Similarly, she breaths a sigh of relief when Tuck rises again.
    "You alright there Tuck? Those things hit pretty hard. Good work Keldaro. I guess we work pretty well as a team, huh?"
    Erica looks down at the skeleton's weapons: not the most well made scimitars, but her exact weapons of choice. She takes one of the scimitars and takes a few steps away from the others, and does an an elegant experimental pirouette-slash with it.
    "This'll do nicely. Just in case."
    She gives Luthur a humorous look. "Don't worry Luthur, we'll keep you safe."
    Quote Originally Posted by herodofcows View Post
    It is the ultimate in pseudo-pubescent manly bonding experiences. If you are good at pins 'n' rims, you are good at life.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uhm? Ah, yes, lady Erica. Quite fine now, thank you. Thy got the drop on me, otherwise it would have been another story entirely. Still, I should be more careful in the future... funny how I always end up saying that, isn't it?
    As for those things, it's best if you split them up among yourselves: I can't stand how burdensome they feel.

So, any volunteer for another try at the door?"

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Uthal looks at the equipment the skeletons were using, then shakes his head.
    Nevertheless, he starts looking for anything he might be able to use, like pieces of armor.
    Act well before thinking!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

After inspecting the door without any interruptions; you realise that it's just old and stuck.

Working together you give it a mighty shove and it swings inwards revealing a corridor behind. At the borders of your lamplight you can see that the corridor opens up into another room. There are two doors to the east and west, as well as a stone staircase to the south-west. This room is mostly empty apart from the litter of the vermin that have made this place their home over the centuries.

10. - Top - End - #160

Spoiler: Oops
    Show
    just realized I'm half fey, so therefore no iron for me.

Seems we're at another impasse, I vote we go to the right, and we use the chalk to mark our way.

11. - Top - End - #161

Griggix attempts to venture into the room first, taking no interest in the equipment dropped. Maybe I should stand in front. I'm protected. He points at his belt. ...But does anyone know how to case a room for traps? I don't like this place.
    Game systems I play: DnD 3.5, Pathfinder, Star Wars Saga, Vampire: The Masquerade, Dungeons: The Dragoning, AFBME, Atomic Highway, Dark Heresy, Legend of the 5 Rings 4E, MAID and... EQRPG... Does anyone actually play that?

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalindra

Kali moves forward. "I'll take a look...unless someone else wishes to." She walks carefully into the room, checking for traps.

Spoiler: Trapfinding
    Show
    Trapfinding: (1d20+4)[20]

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not me. I've had enough excitement for a day already. I'll... uhm... cover our rear, I suppose." says Tuck sheepishly. "Man, I really should be looking for my pet rock. It would come so handy right now..."

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The room is clear from traps, but you do disturb a nest of rats in your poking around. They scuttle off down the far corridor.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

keldaro Simply nods in acknowledgment of his healing skills as he stares at his now empty hands muttering "I need to get .. "

As the others start to scavenge the remains of the skeletons or lack there of he shakes his head as he showing no interest in the weapons or armor. "I am a bit thirsty, is there any water left?"

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

"I have no water with me, but i could fill an empty canteen. With water, I mean, using magic. Though now that I think about it...

Anyway, shall we proceed, Mr Griggix?"
    Last edited by iTookUrNick; 2014-09-07 at 09:17 AM.

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalindra

Kali moves onwards, carefully looking for traps. "This place must be really old....Do you think the owners of the mine know about this? We can't have gotten too far from the mines on our feet...Perhaps this is what theyy're looking for?"

18. - Top - End - #168

"If this wasn't what they were having us dig for, then it is a mighty fine coincidence that it happens to be in the same area as where we were digging. I think that it will be good for us to keep looking around down here."

19. - Top - End - #169

What could they want from old ruins? Griggix idly kicks at a pebble, People live everywhere, they wouldn't have to dig to find this sort of thing. Makes more sense to dig for gold.

These guys had to have a way out though. Let's hope it's down this tunnel.
    He begins walking down the passage at Tuck's direction.
    Game systems I play: DnD 3.5, Pathfinder, Star Wars Saga, Vampire: The Masquerade, Dungeons: The Dragoning, AFBME, Atomic Highway, Dark Heresy, Legend of the 5 Rings 4E, MAID and... EQRPG... Does anyone actually play that?

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing no one else take the other scimitar, Erica shrugs and takes it as well, then follows the others. She watches with bated breath as Kali checks for traps in the room.

"I guess those fiends that made us dig were in the wrong area, if this is what they're looking for. But I don't particularly like the idea of staying in one place too long."

Satisfied with Kali's searching, she follows the others confidently.
    It is the ultimate in pseudo-pubescent manly bonding experiences. If you are good at pins 'n' rims, you are good at life.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The corridor continues down another 25ft, before coming to an end at a staircase. The upper sections are blocked with rubble, but the way downwards is clear. Carefully traversing the damaged stairs you delve into the depths of this ruin. As you emerge, you find yourselves in what seems to be a store room. Old barrels can be seen in alcoves. Some have obviously been broken into by vermin, and others just fell to the hands of time.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Map updated
    Last edited by tyriuth; 2014-09-07 at 06:21 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Erica wrinkles her nose as she sees the vermin crawl around the barrels. "Aww, really? Undead, sea monsters, now rats? Wonderful. Well, there may be useful things in these musty old barrels, right?"

Avoiding the rats as best she can, Erica looks into the barrels in case they hold something of use.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search Check: (1d20+3)[12]

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You manage to find a few barrels that were sealed too tightly for the rats to get into. Among the old grain, you find two barrels of salted meat which seems to be good to eat still, and three casks of wine.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Not much, but much better than nothing" Uthal says "Maybe we should be careful with the wine, in our condition we might feel its kick much stronger."
    Last edited by Simba; 2014-09-08 at 03:23 AM.
    Act well before thinking!

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalindra

Kali looks to Erica and her two scimitars. "If noone else want that, I can take it."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Simba View Post
    "Not much, but much better than nothing" Uthal says "Maybe we should be careful with the wine, in our condition we might feel its kick much stronger."
    From the back of the party, Tuck gives his own advice: "Still, it would be a shame for all this perfectly good wine to go to waste. I suggest we dilute it with water, that way we can have a few drinks and not feel it too much. And it will laster longer as well!" The idea of fine wine is obviously foreign to the man.

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

27. - Top - End - #177

BlackDragon

Roo follows behind Griggix, settling on the only one near his height to walk with. "Roo would hope they have a way to leave."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, any of those four could be a way out. Let's keep going in the same direction as before, and then we try them all going on the right hand side. I've heard that you cannot get lost in a maze if you always go on the right hand side..."

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Erica nods and hands one blade hilt first to Kali. "Of course. Just didn't want to leave behind something we could use."

Erica looks at the cured meats like it's gold.

"See? No need to eat those mushrooms. So someone must have been here not terribly long ago. Hopefully we can find them. I like that right hand rule. Let's go."

30. - Top - End - #180

Griggix makes a forced grin at Roo casting doubt on there being an exit. ...Well, regardless they were living here so there has to be food. Our peoples are well equipped for this, I think at least we'll make it out.

Realizing he spoke perhaps slightly too loudly as he continues down the hall, he hastily switches subjects. So, we've got some searching it seems, we might be stuck with each other for a while, might as well get to know each other. What were you guys doing before all this?