New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Home 18 - Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Thanks.

I apologize if things are a shambles.

Fel unlocks the door and opens it.

Everything seems remarkably undisturbed, save the occasional bit of clothing In places where they should not be, but that's usual.

Come on in.

I know at least the wine hasn't spoiled.
    Carrie smiles a bit. We can be thankful for that... She puts an arm around Fel supportively.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #782
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Zizanie nods... floofily?
    Yes to both questions, especially if you like cube steak and crepes.
    ... Not... not together. Unless you want me to try that.
    [Learners' Lair]

Catherine nods as well. No where near as floofily, but she still nods! "Well. Steaks are amazing. I like meat. Meat is good. So are crepes. Meat crepes might be amazing. We'd need to try them." Nodnodnod.

"Ask away! I'm more than happy to answer anything you might be wondering about."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Bugbear in the Playground

Carrie smiles a bit. We can be thankful for that... She puts an arm around Fel supportively.
    Sophia looks a bit jealous about that.
    [COLOR=And even if it isn't good for some reason, be thankful you're at least old enough to drink.[/COLOR]
    She comments. This might be surprising to the two, as Sophia looks 20, not her true age of 17.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #784
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sophia looks a bit jealous about that.
    [COLOR=And even if it isn't good for some reason, be thankful you're at least old enough to drink.[/COLOR]
    She comments. This might be surprising to the two, as Sophia looks 20, not her true age of 17.
    Felandria checks the fridge and recoils slightly, but reaches in and finds some thankfully unexpired grape juice.

Well, I've got this too, at least it's grapey :)

Fel grabs a bottle of wine and three glasses along with the jooce and brings them into the living room.

G'head and grab a seat, I wanna hear more about what's been up with you guys.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [The Frescot Home]

Adir crosses the room to stand by Cern's crib, sparing a glance back at the door when he hears Laela laughing. He's got to spend a little time with her tonight yet. The stag sets little Cernunnos upright like he wants, hands around the little boy's torso. If Cern looks like he wants up, or at least that he won't mind, Adir will extract him from his little cage and nestle the kid in his arms.

"Hey, Sakura," He says, once he's turned to look at his wife. The stag has a little grin at Gwydion. "I don't know how you even tell when he needs something. Takes so much to make him upset." It was a little worrying, actually, when Gwyd was quiet for too long. They usually just had to make periodic checks on the boy, especially at night, whereas Cern would make it very clear something was wrong when he needed to.

[The Frescot House]

Oh, his favorite brat's chattering. He hadn't realized she was still playing over there. Adir moves to the edge of the kitchen, ears perked and pointed in the direction of the living room.
    [The Frescot Home]

Cern doesn't mind being picked up. he can practice standing any time. That little boy is going to be walking in no time at all. Through sheer willpower he'll fine more ways to move around. He's going to be as least as much trouble as her big sister. Not like Gwydion. That baby is almost too content to just sit in one place.

"You just have to watch for something wrong, not listen. He gets the most upset little face when he needs changing, even if he won't cry." As she speaks, Sakura finishes changing Gwydion and scoops him into her arms. "How was you day?"

[The Frescot House]

Now Adir can faintly here Sakura over Laela's chattering. Looks like she decided to stay with their talkative toddler when she checked in on her. Nothing else must need doing in the kitchen then.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Jace's Place

Anger flashes over Zebes' face. He looks towards the Crustle in the time it takes her to hesitate, and that gives him enough time to react. Had the pokemon attacked faster he might not have been able to turn and get ready. He steps to the left, dodging the first stone which flies past him into the remains of the fence Geneva summoned last week. As he does, he pulls his mithril spear from the ground, and in a single motion uses the butt of the weapon to bat the second into the ground.
    "That! he cries, and as the third comes, takes a step forward, driving the spear forward, breaking the rock into pieces as the mythical metal pierces the normal stone. "Is MY lawn you're ruining!" he says, full of anger.

He goes over, pulls out the electrical tape he'd put on his spear before, and goes to slap a strip over Becca's mouth, which should prevent her from ordering any more attacks on him.

"I was going to let you go if you apologized, but since you just tried to kill someone, I think you're not getting this one today." he hisses at her through grit teeth. Murder is not good.
    "Geneva, if this doesn't work, please knock it unconscious as gently as possible."
    He says, tossing the second of the two pokeballs from the two he had in the drawer, the first of which he gave to Kell. Everyone knows that you aren't allowed to throw pokeballs at pokemon after they faint!

((Hold Person should only last a minute, two tops, so Becca should be free in a few turns longest))
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Jace's Place]

Knock it out gently?

Hmm...

Well, Geneva could rapidly depressurize the air around the giant bird. That typically causes people to pass out in a hurry.

But as it turns out that won't be needed.

The ball is tossed at the huge bird, pauses in mid air, and then snags Zapdos in a beam of red light before dropping to the ground.

It wiggles once.

Twice.

Thrice.

DING!

Do do doooo! Do do de doo doo de doooooo!

Zebes caught Zapdos!

Would you like to give Zapdos a nickname?

Geneva's ears perk up at the display, suddenly getting very interested in what just happen. "Oooh! What is that thing? Some kind of storage spell for living creatures? That's a really fascinating idea! That bratty girl was using those too... I guess as a quick release mechanism so you don't have to lug your trained pets around everywhere..."
    [Jace's Place]

Becca tries to struggle and protest when he gags her, but there's nothing she can do. When she sees him grab a ball, she screams in muffled fury and desperation. Tears well up in her eyes when she sees her chance snatched away from her. She could have caught a real legendary bird and now her chance is gone!

Crustella isn't completely helpless without her trainer's instructions, however. Zebes will probably hear her move up behind him, and even turn in time to get a mouthful as she shoots a spray of blinding, stinging sand right in his face.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

Zebes goes over and picks up the ball. He might have heard the crab skitter behind him, but he's a bit distracted.
    "Ohm...ampere...volt...volta...Voltaire! Got it, I'm gonna call you Voltaire for the very short time that I've got you."
    And then he is sprayed by a blast of sand in the back of the head.
    "Yowch!" he yells, scrabbling to get all of the sand out of his hair, and failing miserably. So it's in a bit of a huff that he goes back to Becca (ignoring Crustella unless she attacks him more, because he does not want to take his anger out on innocent animals).
    "Aw, relax. You're still using a Crustle, he wouldn't have listened to you anyway. And the only badge I've got is for saving a country, not a pokemon gym, so he probably won't even listen to me. I probably won't keep him, but I might stick a tracking device on him so you can get a second chance at him. But let this be a lesson for ya. I don't know what bizarre logic your world comes from, but where I from a four kilogram rock with the force a pokemon can throw it at is more than enough to kill a person if it hits them in the head. So yeah, you could have killed me, and you should be happy that I'm just postponing your Legendary-catching career as a response. But now, about that couple-thousand gold worth of property damage. Yeah, I don't know if I'm letting you get away with that. What do you think, Geneva?" he says, turning to call to Geneva at that last part.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #787

[Jace's Place]

Geneva glances back and forth before pointing at herself in a 'what, me?' sort of way.

Of course Zebes is talking to you, Geneva.

Who else would he be talking to?

Do you see any other hippogriffs standing around nearby?

"Well... I'm not sure if a couple thousand gold is accurate. But ripping a roof off and ruining a lawn is still pretty expensive to fix..."

This is very true!

"Miss? At the very least you should be apologizing for your behavior. Just because there's a really rare wild animal that you want to capture nearby doesn't mean that you can start destroying other people's property."

[Jace's Place - The Futuuuuuuuure!]

The far-flung future!

Where everyone has flying cars and fully looking shoulder pads on their jackets!

Or, y'know, not.

Geneva arrived home not too long ago and she announced her presence with what may be a rather surprising, "I"m betrothed!"

She sounds really happy about it.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2014-09-01 at 08:14 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

One human-looking Jace is sitting with his familiar, working on examining some sort of crystal. Both their heads turn. And both speak at the same time.
    "What? To whom? You've been dating?!" says Jace.
    "People still use the word 'betrothed?'" says Zebes.

9. - Top - End - #789

[Jace's Place]

"Of course they do~!" Geneva sing-songs. "What else would you call two people who have pledged themselves to each other but haven't been married yet?"

Seems pretty straight forward to Geneva.

"I have been dating. And it's to the most wonderful, handsome griffin I've ever met,"
    she continues, practically melting at just the thought of him. "His name is Nick and we went to this wonderful amusement park and enjoyed all sorts of rides and games and then, at the very end, we rode on the Ferris wheel while the fireworks were going off and he proposed to me!"

Pause for dramatic effect-

"And I said yes!"

"We're both castaways, so there really isn't any family or clan to set up the marriage ceremony with,"
    Geneva muses aloud. "I guess that just means we'll have to figure that part out for ourselves!"

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place, Later

Jace gives Zebes a funny look. " 'Engaged' is the slightly more used modern term. They're both used, though."
    Zebes gives a little snort.
    "That sounds adorably cheesy. Congrats to you both. He has good taste in tropes. Ooh, did he win you a giant stuffed animal at the games first?" asks Zebes teasingly.
    "It really is good news. Congratulations, really. I can't point you to someone to do the ceremony, though. I don't know how it works for griffins." says Jace. Jace doesn't know griffin names either, or he'd probably be questioning "Nick" as a griffin name.

11. - Top - End - #791

[Jace's Place]

"No, but I won a fish!" G
    eneva replies as she retrieves Henry from her inventory spell. "And then I bought a fish tank. And some food. And a bunch of gravel. And a plant. And three cute little cleaner shrimp!"

Geneva holds out the shrimp and fish for everyone to see.

The fish flails and glubs whilst the shrimp prowl about their bag in search of detritus to eat.

She sets them all down on a nearby table and will begin assembling everything. The tank is small enough that the water from just the three plastic bags will probably be enough to at least partly fill the thing.

"Thank you, both of you. It's all really exciting and I'm not really sure what to do with myself! I mean... obviously I've read books about this sort of thing before."

Obviously.

"But I've never been betrothed!"

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place, Later

Zebes shakes his head.
    "No, Geneva, you're supposed to use a little net or something to get the fish from the bag into the fish tank after you've filled it with fresh room-temperature water. You never use the water from the fish-store tanks in yours."
    Jace gives him another puzzled look, but continues.
    "Well, given the hour I'd recommend sleeping, but given the circumstances, it's unlikely you could. Perhaps something calming from a book or something? "

13. - Top - End - #793

[Jace's Place]

Geneva manages to get the fish tank set up properly.

She's jabbering, bouncing from one topic to another as they come to her mind, a mixture of excitement and exhaustion.

And then?

She just kinda passes out in the middle of the floor.

Today has been pretty long.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place, Later

The two look at each other and quietly chuckle, and drape a blanket over Geneva's sleeping form.
    Zebes settles himself on the couch as Jace goes up to bed. After all, they promised Geneva that she'd not have to worry about sleeping without a friend close by.

[Wait a second...when did she turn back into a hippogriff?!]
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-09-01 at 11:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [The Frescot Home]

Cern doesn't mind being picked up. he can practice standing any time. That little boy is going to be walking in no time at all. Through sheer willpower he'll fine more ways to move around. He's going to be as least as much trouble as her big sister. Not like Gwydion. That baby is almost too content to just sit in one place.

"You just have to watch for something wrong, not listen. He gets the most upset little face when he needs changing, even if he won't cry." As she speaks, Sakura finishes changing Gwydion and scoops him into her arms. "How was you day?"
    Adir is regularly impressed by his sons. One, his ability to remain calm, the other his little fighter's will. Made him wonder what he'd love about the next kid. And the one after. He has a grin just at the thought, cradling Cern in his arms and watching Gwydion intently. "I think I've seen it once or twice. Sorta makes you wanna laugh, if you didn't feel so bad for him," He meets his wife's eyes as she changes the subject. Well, that's fine too. "Much too busy. Mostly, y'know, shopping. Sorry it took so long. We were out of... well, everything."

[The Frescot House]

Now Adir can faintly here Sakura over Laela's chattering. Looks like she decided to stay with their talkative toddler when she checked in on her. Nothing else must need doing in the kitchen then.
    Well, Adir likes to think he should miss as little of what Laela says as possible. He makes way into the living room, standing with his hands in his pockets, smiling straight at his daughter even right after he walks in. He might be able to pick up more as he walks thataway.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Jace's Place

Zebes goes over and picks up the ball. He might have heard the crab skitter behind him, but he's a bit distracted.
    "Ohm...ampere...volt...volta...Voltaire! Got it, I'm gonna call you Voltaire for the very short time that I've got you."
    And then he is sprayed by a blast of sand in the back of the head.
    "Yowch!" he yells, scrabbling to get all of the sand out of his hair, and failing miserably. So it's in a bit of a huff that he goes back to Becca (ignoring Crustella unless she attacks him more, because he does not want to take his anger out on innocent animals).
    "Aw, relax. You're still using a Crustle, he wouldn't have listened to you anyway. And the only badge I've got is for saving a country, not a pokemon gym, so he probably won't even listen to me. I probably won't keep him, but I might stick a tracking device on him so you can get a second chance at him. But let this be a lesson for ya. I don't know what bizarre logic your world comes from, but where I from a four kilogram rock with the force a pokemon can throw it at is more than enough to kill a person if it hits them in the head. So yeah, you could have killed me, and you should be happy that I'm just postponing your Legendary-catching career as a response. But now, about that couple-thousand gold worth of property damage. Yeah, I don't know if I'm letting you get away with that. What do you think, Geneva?" he says, turning to call to Geneva at that last part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Jace's Place]

Geneva glances back and forth before pointing at herself in a 'what, me?' sort of way.

Of course Zebes is talking to you, Geneva.

Who else would he be talking to?

Do you see any other hippogriffs standing around nearby?

"Well... I'm not sure if a couple thousand gold is accurate. But ripping a roof off and ruining a lawn is still pretty expensive to fix..."

This is very true!

"Miss? At the very least you should be apologizing for your behavior. Just because there's a really rare wild animal that you want to capture nearby doesn't mean that you can start destroying other people's property."
    [Jace's Place]

Finally Becca is able to move again, and her first action is to lash out at Zebes' shins with one of those big boots of hers. "That's stupid, no it wouldn't!" She protests as she scrambles to her feet. "You're just a big jerk!" The girl shouts. tears readily running down her face. Neither Zebes nor Geneva will get much of a chance to respond, because Becca turns and runs, fighting off the tears with little success.

[The Frescot Home]

"Oh, I know. I was reaching to the back of the cupboard a couple times today." Sakura smiles. "You got more grapes, right? Laela threw a tantrum earlier when she found out they were all gone. Now I don't know if I should just give them to her after that, though." A little bit of uncertainty crosses her face.

[The Frescot House]

Laela sure sounds excited about whatever it is, and he'll find out as he enters the room. "And then Thumper chased it and it ran away! But Thumperis faster than the buggy." Laela's head whips around when she catches sight of her dad. "Daddy, daddy! I found a big buggy!" She squeals excitedly.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2014-09-03 at 12:06 AM.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

Spako is kicked in the shin!
    Rip-off artist!
    He lets the girl go, though. He's upset about the chimney, but she's clearly upset. He doesn't need to make it worse for her. Maybe she'll have learned a little responsibility. Maybe. He knows going after and apologizing will only make it worse, though.

18. - Top - End - #798

Zizanie nods... floofily?
    Yes to both questions, especially if you like cube steak and crepes.
    ... Not... not together. Unless you want me to try that.
    Ex military with no real PTSD. I'm pretty sure that's one flavor.
    Miria jokes.
    I'm an alchemist who specializes in water and fire, and i'm currently studying other styles of magic and alchemy out of a desire to learn and help others.
    [Both Learners' Lairs]

"Well, I think I can speak for us both," or four of them! Depending on how you count the timelines! "when I say that you're exactly what we're looking for." Catherine says to both Floofy and the non-PTSD'd alchemist.

[Beans' Learner's Lair Timeline]

"There's a room upstairs, or would you just like the one I showed you? They're very nearly the exact same, besides location. I have a few things in the upstairs one, but we haven't been here long, so it would be absolutely no problem at all to move my things."

And Miria would just get the one Floofy doesn't want.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ogre in the Playground

[Learner's Lair]
    Zizanie smiles. I would be most happy with the room you showed me.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

20. - Top - End - #800
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Frescot Home]

"Oh, I know. I was reaching to the back of the cupboard a couple times today." Sakura smiles. "You got more grapes, right? Laela threw a tantrum earlier when she found out they were all gone. Now I don't know if I should just give them to her after that, though." A little bit of uncertainty crosses her face.
    "'Course. But we shouldn't just... cough em' up right away," Adir says, after some careful deliberation and making sure says 'we'. This sort of answer might come naturally to some parents, but he's trying to imagine the long-term implications of letting Laela think fits will get her what she wants. The stag puts his hand on Cern's belly. "You know how some of these kids end up. They think anything will fall in their lap if they cry hard enough." Those words come out a little harsher than the stag intended, but Adir Frescot won't let his children grow up like that. In the end it could have far worse consequences than a bratty kid, nicknames for Laela aside. He's trying the... firm approach.

[The Frescot House]

Laela sure sounds excited about whatever it is, and he'll find out as he enters the room. "And then Thumper chased it and it ran away! But Thumperis faster than the buggy." Laela's head whips around when she catches sight of her dad. "Daddy, daddy! I found a big buggy!" She squeals excitedly.
    "Thumper was chasing it around, huh?" Adir asks, moving up to the tyke and squatting down in front of her with an easy motion. You couldn't peel that grin off his face. She had the cutest voice he'd ever heard. "Can I see your big bug? You didn't squash it did you?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #801

Lightbulb Re: Home 18 - Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Learner's Lair: Miria's room

Miria has officially moved in! Her room has been painted sky blue (if ok with renter), and a desk shaped like a right angle rests in the right corner. The left one is taken up by a bed with dark green sheets, a blue pillow and red comforter, and the wall space between the two contains a couple shelving units, one full of various textbooks and notebooks, mainly the latter which are mainly empty, and the other bare except for a few normal books: To Kill a Mockingbird, The Hitchhiker's Guide (as in the Encyclopedia, not the Story) Multiverse Edition, and about 5 different kinda cheesy romance novels.
    The bookshelves are all made of metal and with glass doors in case of fire, and upon the desk is a closed silver laptop and Miria's silver pocket watch. The dresser bears upon it's top a fire extinguisher and a couple video games Mirua plans to try but hasn't gotten around to doing so. Notably, a framed picture of the Armstrong Family is hung over Miria's desk.

Miria can either be found in her room, practicing her ice alchemy, or downstairs playing a game. Either way, she is found clad in socks, a red t shirt, and long blue pants.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

22. - Top - End - #802

[Learner's Lair]
    Zizanie smiles. I would be most happy with the room you showed me.
    [Learners' Lair]

"All right. It's all yours, then. If you want to go get your things?"

Learner's Lair: Miria's room

Miria has officially moved in! Her room has been painted sky blue (if ok with renter), and a desk shaped like a right angle rests in the right corner. The left one is taken up by a bed with dark green sheets, a blue pillow and red comforter, and the wall space between the two contains a couple shelving units, one full of various textbooks and notebooks, mainly the latter which are mainly empty, and the other bare except for a few normal books: To Kill a Mockingbird, The Hitchhiker's Guide (as in the Encyclopedia, not the Story) Multiverse Edition, and about 5 different kinda cheesy romance novels.
    The bookshelves are all made of metal and with glass doors in case of fire, and upon the desk is a closed silver laptop and Miria's silver pocket watch. The dresser bears upon it's top a fire extinguisher and a couple video games Mirua plans to try but hasn't gotten around to doing so. Notably, a framed picture of the Armstrong Family is hung over Miria's desk.

Miria can either be found in her room, practicing her ice alchemy, or downstairs playing a game. Either way, she is found clad in socks, a red t shirt, and long blue pants.
    Well, as that, especially with painting, would take a while, Catherine would let her know about the existence of the other roomie, and then would spend the better part of each day out of the house.

Something about classes.

Both timelines' Catherines merge into one timeline, so stuff can meet up.

So she just got back from classes! She drops off her fairly hefty backpack up on the couch, before flopping down next to it to play games for a bit and de-stress.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #803

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    [Learners' Lair]

"All right. It's all yours, then. If you want to go get your things?"

Well, as that, especially with painting, would take a while, Catherine would let her know about the existence of the other roomie, and then would spend the better part of each day out of the house.

Something about classes.

Both timelines' Catherines merge into one timeline, so stuff can meet up.

So she just got back from classes! She drops off her fairly hefty backpack up on the couch, before flopping down next to it to play games for a bit and de-stress.
    Miria walks down, planning herself to de-stress by watching TV, when Catherine enters!
    Hello! Mind if I join you? Could use a little de-stressing myself.
    She inquires. Miria is well aware being a student requires de-stressing time.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #804

Miria walks down, planning herself to de-stress by watching TV, when Catherine enters!
    Hello! Mind if I join you? Could use a little de-stressing myself.
    She inquires. Miria is well aware being a student requires de-stressing time.
    Catherine, who at this point had already found her lounge position, pauses the game, and exits to the main menu.
    "Well. Sort of. Here." She says, tossing the controller to Miria. "This is called Darksouls 2. Hit the 'new game' right there. It'll be fun."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #805

Catherine, who at this point had already found her lounge position, pauses the game, and exits to the main menu.
    "Well. Sort of. Here." She says, tossing the controller to Miria. "This is called Darksouls 2. Hit the 'new game' right there. It'll be fun."
    ((That is just beautiful. Also I think you need to clear your pm stuffs))

Miria deftly catches the controller.
    Alright, i'll give it a shot.
    And so she does!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #806

((That is just beautiful. Also I think you need to clear your pm stuffs))

Miria deftly catches the controller.
    Alright, i'll give it a shot.
    And so she does!
    ((Cleared.))

And Catherine, for her part, at least is nice enough to tell Miria where to go if she ever gets lost.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #807

((Cleared.))

And Catherine, for her part, at least is nice enough to tell Miria where to go if she ever gets lost.
    Miria got surprisingly far considering how she hasn't played a video game before, and she is remarkably hard to piss off, it appears.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #808

Miria got surprisingly far considering how she hasn't played a video game before, and she is remarkably hard to piss off, it appears.
    All the while, Catherine was saying things like "Blocking is good, but your shield is terrible.", "Nonono. Don't actually fight that guy.", "Don't drop down to fight the hippo-guy. It's not worth it.", and the most important one: "Dying is back. I suggest you stop it."

By the end, Miria may have gotten to the first boss. May even have won.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #809

All the while, Catherine was saying things like "Blocking is good, but your shield is terrible.", "Nonono. Don't actually fight that guy.", "Don't drop down to fight the hippo-guy. It's not worth it.", and the most important one: "Dying is back. I suggest you stop it."

By the end, Miria may have gotten to the first boss. May even have won.
    She does after dying a couple times, then calls it quits!
    Well... that was difficult.
    She states, leaning back on the couch with exhaustion.
    I think that tired me out even more than my work, in fact!
    Miria remarks, chuckling.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

Some time after the chimney fiasco is dealt with, Jace and Veronica arrive and make their introductions and pleasantries, and Jace invites everyone inside to make dinner. Zebes hasn't cooked often and only really knows how to do things, so he settles on something he's seen Jace do a hundred times, chicken franchese. Geneva eats at least two portions of course, but that's no big deal. They have food to spare for her.
    After everyone's had a moment to sit, they're invited into the living room.
    "Make yourselves comfortable. Zebes and I thought we'd actually entertain our guests like proper hosts for once. I can't believe we've never actually used this in front of anyone." he says in reference to the baby grand piano that has been in that room the whole time and never mentioned, which Zebes seats himself at.
    Zebes takes a harmonica from Jace's pocket and hands it to the pocket dragon as he sits down on top of the instrument.
    "You sure you know how to use that thing?" says Zebes with a smile.
    "Oh, please." says Jace as he props up the instrument almost like a cello. "We've only felt each other play these things a hundred times."

Jace puts his head sideways to the instrument as Zebes puts his hands over the keys. And without much ado, they begin to play, with Jace starting off with a possibly familiar tune...

It's nine o' clock on a summer day,
    most of my friends shuffled in,
    got my oldest one, sittin' next to me,
    But we're both in the other one's skin...

Jace takes a moment to puff out a few notes on Zebes' harmonica, sparks shooting out a bit but not impacting its sound in the slightest. Zebes takes the next line.

I said Boss, should we play them that melody?
    We've never been sure how it goes,
    but it's sad and it's sweet and we sang it complete,
    when you still wore adventurer's clothes.

La la la, la dee daa,

Jace pipes another few notes and takes over as the pair exchange another look.
    La la la dee da-a-ah, and he belts out three strong notes as the two take on a duet,
    Sing us a song, you're the piano man!
    Sing us a song tonight!
    Well, they're all in the mood for a melody,
    And we've got 'em feelin' alright!

And Jace cheerily puffs out a quick solo, looking over at his audience. Zebes watches him, the biggest smile on his face as he watches his master play at his instrument, not missing a beat as he follows up with the piano part that Jace always played for him.

Now that gray 'griff Geneva's a friend of mine,
    She helped wire this whole house for free,
    And she's really quite nice, even if she's a Dice, and there's no place that she'd rather be...
    She said, Jace I believe this is killin' me,
    Though her smile never once left her face,
    I'm just sure that we could still save everyone
    If we broke down some walls of this place...

Oh la, la la, la dee da-ah,

La la, la dee da-ahah...

The music quiets down a bit as Jace looks to the next folks in line, but still not the ones mentioned...

Now Kell has had every job at some point,
    Well, every one 'cept maybe 'Wife.'
    And so there is Red Kell, sittin' right next to Dead Kell, who's still got a whole lotta life...

And so they exchange another glad look as a crescendo arrives...

So the Acronyms practice their politics,
    While Zebes and I slowly get stoned,
    Always sharing the drink we call 'Happiness,'

'Cause that's something you can't drink alone!

Zebes breaks into a grand, possibly over-dramatic solo, Jace grinning as wide as his little jaws can let him as he leans over, helping tap a few keys with his forepaws (he's sure Zebes wouldn't get it completely without his help). For a brief moment the two are completely synchronized, playing their hearts out, bodies waving a bit to the beat, both grinning ear to ear. But luckily for our not-so-professional pianist, it's not very long, and soon it's back to Jace on the harmonica for the last few bars,

Sing us a song, little dragon man!
    Sing us a song tonight!
    'Cause they're all in the mood for a melody,

Jace goes into his last harmonica solo, and Zebes manages to quiet the tune down in a manner reminiscent of the beginning.

There's a clear starry night after the day,
    And Veronica gives me a smile.
    And I'm glad that it's me she's been coming to see, so I'd be part of her life for a while...
    sings the dragon, looking with shining eyes at the smiling harpy before turning back to the music.

A crescendo builds, as the two exchange another glance and head straight for the finale,
    And the piano's like our one in Golarion!
    Oh no Zebes I think it sounds better here!
    We first came from a Bar, How'd we both come this far?
    'Cause we've always had friends who were near!
    they belt out in unison.
    Oh, La, la la, la dee da-ah, la la la da da-a-ah,

Sing us a song, you're the piano man!
    Sing us a song tonight!
    'Cause they're all in the mood for a melody,

And for a moment, Jace flips the harmonica up to Zebes, who plays the last verse perfectly, just as Jace steps onto the keys to keep up the harmony, and he might have to cheat a bit since he's lacking in digits, but if he does do so it probably won't be known, as a soft light engulfs them both, and after it fades there is one familiar-looking human looking less like his familiar, and even clothed properly, with a small gold-copper dragon perched comfortably on his shoulder. Each has their eyes closed, with a peaceful smile, and as each plays their last, slow notes, they lean their heads towards the other, touching each other and staying there as the echoes reverberate through the house and finally fade.