New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Zafflebrod's College and Preparatory School for the Magically Inclined

[Atrium]

"Ah, my apologies, I fear I have not completely adapted to the customs of this world." Arik remarks. "In Hestopia a man and woman would marry as soon as possible once they showed interest in one another to avoid the wrath of their parents." DC would be so mad! "But I suppose you've come here to investigate this house of learning? I myself came in hopes that the teachings of this place would be a bit more in tune with what Batu practices. My own craft have very little to do with his, which is why I can't learn him more."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zafflebrod's College and Preparatory School for the Magically Inclined

[Atrium]

"Indeed," Batu says with a nod. "It seems that the sorcery of my home world is rather unusual, and there's only so much I can learn from Master Arik's library. The notes I'd gathered before I was banished from my tribe are of very limited use."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

[Atrium]

"Yes. The library at the keep is quite large, and the collection of magical texts is rather extensive, but I thought a more guided introduction into the study of magic would be more helpful." Kr takes a look around at the aftermath of the chaos. "From what I've seen so far, it seems like the practical approach to learning is encouraged." She says wryly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

4. - Top - End - #154

[Atrium]

"That's one word for it." Arik replies with a glance at what the beetles left behind. "One could desire some better control however, how is anyone going to learn anything in this chaos?" Extremely disruptive.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

[Atrium]

"Shamans and teachers always told us sorcery is blasphemous and dangerous," Batu says. "Not that it stopped me, of course. But they never mentioned... swarms of cloth-eating insects."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

[Atrium]

"Everything is blasphemous to some group or other." Says Kr, rolling her eyes. "That's something I learned rather quickly. Dangerous is accurate, though. Some types of magic more than others. Cloth-eating insects are a new one for me as well, though." Kr puts her hands in her pockets. "And I wouldn't say it's more chaotic than what goes on at VIGIL sometimes."

7. - Top - End - #157

[Atrium]

"But this is a school not an military organization devoted to fight apocalypses, how are the students supposed to study and feel safe here with disasters like these happening?" Arik asks. "I won't judge too harshly from a single event but it's not a good first impression."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

[Atrium]

"I think someone in my situation needs to take what he can get," Batu observes. "I'll just try to master some sort of bug-zapping spell as soon as I can."

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    [Post-Maze Room]

Red chastises Charlotte. "Hey, don't swear. There's ladies and children in this room," she interjects.

Continuing, she says, "So, start with the first story, then."
    "Alright, so you kids want to hear a story, right? Well, you're in for a short little tale of fighting, cuz I'm not very good at describing stuff."
    Charlotte, an olive-skinned adolescent of French descent with long black hair that hangs in a ponytail down her back, tied in a bright red ribbon, grins wildly as she grabs a chair and sits in it backwards, facing those assembled. The 15 year-old, clad in a poofy black skirt bearing red trim that matches her black, red trimmed snowboots, worn despite it being the summer because why not, a black t-shirt, and a brilliant red cloak that she'd taken to wearing only about an hour or two ago, speaks.
    "Back home, my job was fighting these monsters called witches, who fed on people's despair while hiding in trippy labyrinths inside pocket dimensions, cuz nothing can even be simple. I didn't fight many, but this one time, there was one labyrinth full of everything dog-related. Bones, leashes, collars, small sweaters, fire hydrants, all kinds of crap like that. After a long time cutting my way through minions shaped like dog biscuits to get my way to the center, I finally found the witch.
    She was a hideous fluorescent pink skeleton made of squeaky toys, her lower half a swarm of opalescent emaciated birds. Leashes hung from her arms, her hands bearing long claws and her face adorned with a hat made of a fire hydrant and serpents. I charged her as I summoned a silver glaive in my hands and 5 bladefirst into the grassy ground of the scene of our fight, leaping up at the witch with some boosts from summoned platforms, and as the witch quickly reacted and swatted me to earth, I threw my glaive at her eye and hit my mark.
    The witch reeled in pain as I grabbed onto a glaive and stopped my travel sideways, wincing at the impact into the ground that still followed. I quickly stood up and grabbed the polearm, as well as a nearby second one, and darted upwards again towards the witch before suddenly leaping up and landing on top of her hat before leaping off and galling dow, carving a path downwards her skeleton with the blades in hand before swinging between her legs and leaving the polearms behind. Grabbing a nearby one, I rolled out of the way as the witch slammed the ground with her fists, the impact sending my into the ground again. I got up, glaive transforming to a prong anti materiel rifle to my disappointment. Y'see, I don't like having to use ranged weapons.
    I opened fire, darting to avoid the witch's swings and gaining scratches and bruises from failed impact. I fire upon her face repeatedly evading, and after a while, I knew she was nearly finished.
    So I decided to give him an awesome death. I grinned, and ended the combat by dispelling the glaives and summoning a cloud of them above, then making them fall bladefirst towards the witch, impaling her and finishing the fight.
    And that is how I saved a few people andslew a witch!"
    Charlotte finishes, grinning.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Café-teria]

Or really just the same old cafeteria with a new addition to it.

The smell of roasted beans brewing in boiling water to make their pitch-colored elixir was wafting about the room from a surprisingly well kept corner. Behind the counter was an elf wearing a simple apron with the name 'Mocha' on her badge although it was anyone's guess as to if that was her real name or just a description of her skin color. Regardless, she seemed aptly perky for such a name given how she was humming a bouncy tune as she cleaned the counter top.

Apparently she was running this new area although a glance behind her would make it clear she probably wasn't doing this as a solo venture.

In any case, it seemed like she was here to serve that delicious, rich potion of caffeine to the student body and perhaps most of the staff as well given the highly extensive menu. Really, it was a bit excessive when a simple drinks selection required ten whole pages to hold it all...

11. - Top - End - #161

[Post-Maze Room]

"That's neat," says Red. She gripped the edge of her chair, listening to the story the whole time. It was a very great story; Red could imagine it as if she were there.

She then adds, "Did you know that I'm a witch, too? I also lived in a trippy labyrinth. There was lots of neat things throughout it, but I don't think there were any dogs. Just me, my sisters, and a bunch of other things." It's an interesting bit of backstory, but her friends have probably heard all about it several times, because they're not trying to find out more. Red continues, "It was really fun. I used to live in it all the time. Did you know I almost got shot there? It was a pistol."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Atrium]

Kr nods slowly.

13. - Top - End - #163

[Post-Maze Room]

"That's neat," says Red. She gripped the edge of her chair, listening to the story the whole time. It was a very great story; Red could imagine it as if she were there.

She then adds, "Did you know that I'm a witch, too? I also lived in a trippy labyrinth. There was lots of neat things throughout it, but I don't think there were any dogs. Just me, my sisters, and a bunch of other things." It's an interesting bit of backstory, but her friends have probably heard all about it several times, because they're not trying to find out more. Red continues, "It was really fun. I used to live in it all the time. Did you know I almost got shot there? It was a pistol."
    Well, probably not the same witch I fight. After all, I'm pretty sure you don't feed on despair and witches from where I'm from don't talk.
    Charlotte replies with humor in her eyes and voice.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

14. - Top - End - #164

[Post-Maze Room]

"Well, I can eat whatever I want," says Red defiantly, frowning and folding her arms. "If I want to feed on despair and stuff, you can't stop me."

She pauses just long enough to not seem like she's really angry for Charlotte implying that Red can't feed on despair. "Not that I know why anyone would want to eat it. I'm sure it tastes horrible."

She pauses a little bit longer, as if she were done talking. Then, all of a sudden, she continues as if she couldn't not say anything more. "Besides, they're really missing out. Witches who don't talk are probably bored all the time and have nothing to do, like, ever. You'll never catch me being boring like that."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #165

[Post-Maze Room]

"Well, I can eat whatever I want," says Red defiantly, frowning and folding her arms. "If I want to feed on despair and stuff, you can't stop me."

She pauses just long enough to not seem like she's really angry for Charlotte implying that Red can't feed on despair. "Not that I know why anyone would want to eat it. I'm sure it tastes horrible."

She pauses a little bit longer, as if she were done talking. Then, all of a sudden, she continues as if she couldn't not say anything more. "Besides, they're really missing out. Witches who don't talk are probably bored all the time and have nothing to do, like, ever. You'll never catch me being boring like that."
    I dunno. Just a tip if you don't wanna be caught being so boring: don't make a contract with a fluffy white cat thing who talks telepathically. Cuz he's an *******.
    Charlotte replies, chuckling at the previous comment.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #166

[Post-Maze Room]

"I think cats are cute." It helps that one saved her life, sort-of. Also, caused most the problem, but nobody remembers that.

"So," says Red. "Anything you want to know about me, or do you think we can safely leave this room now?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #167

[Post-Maze Room]

"I think cats are cute." It helps that one saved her life, sort-of. Also, caused most the problem, but nobody remembers that.

"So," says Red. "Anything you want to know about me, or do you think we can safely leave this room now?"
    Anything you're willing to share, yes.
    Charlotte replies, fiddling with her soul gem.
    ((Idea: The two could be roommates))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #168

[Post-Maze Room]

"Well, let's see," says Red. "I was born a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, when my father the court magician had an affair with the queen while the king was out doing who knows what. He was exiled, and then stuff happened, and then a curse happened on the kingdom, and I was then living in the ruins of the kingdom with my two half-sisters. It was very fun, you know. There was this baby dragon! You should've seen him. Or her. It was just a skeleton, so I could ask it if it was a boy or a girl dragon. I think he was a boy baby dragon. He was so cute, so I buried his skeleton in a pile of gold. 'Cause dragons like gold, you know."

She continues talking about everything and nothing. "There was also this fairy. She was really mean. She killed me, you know? Actually, no, she didn't, 'cause I'm not dead. But she did like eating people. She was looking for her brother, who also has a dragon skeleton, but his is a lot bigger and more alive. Anyway, my younger sisters, Emma and Safrita, they were really mean, and just between you and me, I think they were a little crazy. It's too bad they died, though. I don't miss them."

"Then this guy who is actually a cat, but is a person, came. He was really nice. Actually, all cats are really nice. I had a pet cat when I was younger. I called him George, after that one famous guy. He was a yellow cat, which is probably why I liked him so much. Everything yellow is pretty awesome. Then, the cat shot my sister in the head while my dad wrestled with the skeleton guy, and then we all lived happily ever after." That's it. Red stands up after that confusing story.

"Well, I think it's time to leave this room. I think the moths aren't bothering anybody anymore."

((Yes.
    Also, I think it's about time for them to get out and start interacting with other players, since many of the posts on this page our ours.))
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #169

[Post-Maze Room]

"Well, let's see," says Red. "I was born a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, when my father the court magician had an affair with the queen while the king was out doing who knows what. He was exiled, and then stuff happened, and then a curse happened on the kingdom, and I was then living in the ruins of the kingdom with my two half-sisters. It was very fun, you know. There was this baby dragon! You should've seen him. Or her. It was just a skeleton, so I could ask it if it was a boy or a girl dragon. I think he was a boy baby dragon. He was so cute, so I buried his skeleton in a pile of gold. 'Cause dragons like gold, you know."

She continues talking about everything and nothing. "There was also this fairy. She was really mean. She killed me, you know? Actually, no, she didn't, 'cause I'm not dead. But she did like eating people. She was looking for her brother, who also has a dragon skeleton, but his is a lot bigger and more alive. Anyway, my younger sisters, Emma and Safrita, they were really mean, and just between you and me, I think they were a little crazy. It's too bad they died, though. I don't miss them."

"Then this guy who is actually a cat, but is a person, came. He was really nice. Actually, all cats are really nice. I had a pet cat when I was younger. I called him George, after that one famous guy. He was a yellow cat, which is probably why I liked him so much. Everything yellow is pretty awesome. Then, the cat shot my sister in the head while my dad wrestled with the skeleton guy, and then we all lived happily ever after." That's it. Red stands up after that confusing story.

"Well, I think it's time to leave this room. I think the moths aren't bothering anybody anymore."

((Yes.
    Also, I think it's about time for them to get out and start interacting with other players, since many of the posts on this page our ours.))
    Charlotte is quite confused!
    Shock and awe!
    Alright, wouldn't' hurt to do so now, would it?
    She replies, shrugging.
    ((Sure!))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #170

[In the school]

Red nods. "Besides, I'm bored," she says, finally leaving the room out to brave the dangers of the hallway.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #171

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Atrium]

"I think someone in my situation needs to take what he can get," Batu observes. "I'll just try to master some sort of bug-zapping spell as soon as I can."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [Atrium]

Kr nods slowly.
    [Atrium]

"In any case, we should probably talk to the ones responsible for this institution and see if they have the place for Batu. Are you by any chance joining to learn as well, or are you perhaps here for teaching?" Arik asks, attempting to discern where the staff might be hiding out.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

[Atrium]

Batu peers at Kr, awaiting an answer. He's not sure why, but he feels some trepidation at the prospect of her being a teacher. Despite her unassuming appearance, she has the air of someone you cross at your own peril.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

[Atrium]

"No, I'm just a student." Says Kr. "I don't think I have the experience for teaching. Or the inclination, really."

24. - Top - End - #174

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "...the?" Sneeze. "Drat! Well, you tried, thank you."

"Merissa! Did you just throw someone who is not me out into the hall in my body!? That's not smart!"
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Tabitha's Locker

Isaac shrugs, and gives a small nod.
    "Well, alright then. But yeah, maybe that wasn't such a hot idea. She might get Tab in trouble while we're trying to mess with things. I
    If we want this to go unnoticed for as long as possible drawing attention to her might not be the best idea."
    Tabitha's Locker

Merissa sighs, immediately opens the locker, and drags the pixie in by the scruff of her neck, "Yeah, fine, okay. Listen, you sit over in the bathroom or corner or something until we can get someone to change your look so that you can go off on your own however you feel like being. Do that, and I won't try to see if I can unmake you just as easily as you were made. Off you go." Merissa's lack of patience for her player's mistake about the look of the pixie aside, the teen sits back down in the locker with an apprehensive look on her face.

"Well, what now? Anyone have a good idea how we should proceed?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tabitha's Locker

Tabitha takes some deep breaths to calm down. "At this rate? I think we had better get help. Call me crazy, but there's no control, lots of possibilities, and it's contagious. As far as we know, there's a dangerous result that we haven't found yet!"

"At least one,"
    The dice says from the bathroom, "And a lot more that will make your life real complicated!"
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2014-07-26 at 10:15 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Tabitha's Locker

"Well, if we're splitting hairs it's not really contagious since there's still only one of you but yeah. What do you think, Merissa?" he asks her. Then sighs. "If you really want to try to keep going I think you should try to aim it more at someone besides yourself though. Maybe something will happen to revert you back to your old self, but you seem to only hit yourself more than anyone else." he's not being very helpful.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

27. - Top - End - #177

Tabitha's Locker

Tabitha takes some deep breaths to calm down. "At this rate? I think we had better get help. Call me crazy, but there's no control, lots of possibilities, and it's contagious. As far as we know, there's a dangerous result that we haven't found yet!"

"At least one,"
    The dice says from the bathroom, "And a lot more that will make your life real complicated!"
    Tabitha's Locker

"Well, if we're splitting hairs it's not really contagious since there's still only one of you but yeah. What do you think, Merissa?" he asks her. Then sighs. "If you really want to try to keep going I think you should try to aim it more at someone besides yourself though. Maybe something will happen to revert you back to your old self, but you seem to only hit yourself more than anyone else." he's not being very helpful.
    Tabitha's Locker

Merissa chews her bottom lip, suddenly worried, "Guys, who are we going to get to help with this now that Tabitha has the power that die had? It's not an artifact situation anymore, what if they can't remove the power from her?" Pixie transformations and word taboos can be reversed, but artifact level powers being acquired are kind of stickier.

"I mean, regardless of whether she uses it more, she may be stuck with it now." A sudden thought occurs to her though, "Hey, Tabilganger, you said there was at least one dangerous one just now, that means you must know at least some of what effects there are. Care to spill now that you're not so attached to the powers anymore?"
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tabitha's Locker

"Aww, where's the fun in that?"

"Seriously?"

"But I do rather like my powers! The fun is in the looks on you all's faces when the effects pop up!"

"Please stop saying that! I'm afraid I'm going to rip up the-*sneeze*-inside of my nose!"

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Tabitha's Locker

Isaac sighs.
    "I guess it's your body and powers in the end, Tab. Do what you think is best. I'll help, even if there's risks." he says, managing to sound somewhat resolute. Somewhat.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

30. - Top - End - #180

Tabitha's Locker

"Aww, where's the fun in that?"

"Seriously?"

"But I do rather like my powers! The fun is in the looks on you all's faces when the effects pop up!"

"Please stop saying that! I'm afraid I'm going to rip up the-*sneeze*-inside of my nose!"
    Tabitha's Locker

Isaac sighs.
    "I guess it's your body and powers in the end, Tab. Do what you think is best. I'll help, even if there's risks." he says, managing to sound somewhat resolute. Somewhat.
    Tabitha's Locker

"So what are you saying, do you want your powers back? What would you ask for in return for giving us some help with this?" Offer aid before threats, right? Might help the negotiations a little.