New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 2: Rising Tides

[Ship of Ghosts]

As the mermen close in, they might be met with a rather unpleasant surprise - namely, that whatever that sludge is starts trying to convert them into new soldiers for the swarm, once they're past the acid mist hanging in the water, taking any route it can into their bodies, whether that be eyes, gills, mouths... Or the wounds that are probably opened up by the creatures - some strange mix of centipedes and eels, but with humanoid torsos, almost like some kind of underwater centaur - trying to grab hold of them and latch on.

Meanwhile, the tentacle is bitten off! Which, while painful, isn't that damaging. But ramming it? That is. Even if it was, perhaps, a bit foolish, since everything that was inside can now - and will soon - pour out.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Ship of not ghosts

The sharky mermen put up a good fight, but many are corrupted. Not that much seems to happen beyond the change. They still fight, too deep bke into their bloodlust to do anything but kill, eat, and die!

Effigies uses the momentum of the crash to launch himself forward onto the deck of the ship, looking around with an overly thick and wickedly angled soulsteel cutlass in one hand and a hellish double barrelled pistol of some sort in the other. Seeing nobody above decks, he attempts to cleave down the door and charge in below, feeling out for blood or ichor with his mind, calling it to rebel against whatever life contains it and burst free from its confines to attack its jailer!
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ship of Angry Xenecromorzernids.]

Aaand that likely puts an end to everything on the surface, though the stuff below might be able to escape. Seems that this ship just wasn't prepared for dealing with Exalts. Though at least the rest of them know what happened now, and to try to get another queen egg to hatch...

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Ship of Angry xenecromorzenids

Surprisingly enough, it's not as instantly lethal as you think
    It is, however, definitely debilitating. As his own crew pours onto the ship, Effigies takes what he can alive. These creatures are very...interesting...

"What are you, I wonder..."

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Ship of Angry Xenecromorzernids

The only response, audibly, is an angry chittering... But he most likely become aware of an outside force pushing at his mind, heavy and thick - whatever this thing is, it's clearly experienced with psionic communications. And it's possible it has the skill to match him, if they end up fighting on this battlefield. Though admittedly, that would certainly make for an interesting resolution to things, if it does attempt that, either way.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Ship of angry French deadbugs

Effigies actually has a special charm just for this! His soulscape rendering works just as well on mindscape rendering, and with the bonuses from powers taken from She Who Lives In Her Name!

The battlefield takes the form of an endless shifting maze of iron bars in every direction, sections of it flooded with tainted seawater!

(Recaiden) He lives!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Green Arrow Cost]

The air crackles and shimmers as three hooded figures suddenly appear down the beach near some cliffs. They're dressed up at what could be described as desert gear in colors of the sand it's probably used in. With their long flowing robes and tightly wrapped veils around their heads these figures probably expected a different climate as they look around the beach in confusion, the sea next to them really getting their attention. For a moment they all one by one fall down to their knees as if to praise the wast sea before them, it is only for a moment though as some nearby seagulls start to screech.

Disturbed by the sound they all grab their weapons that consist of a bow, a scimitar and spear, which they have respectively. Seeing it to be only birds the little group calm down and start to converse among each other, doing some sort of quick prayer together.

((Interaction wanted))

8. - Top - End - #218
    Halfling in the Playground

Green Arrow Coast

Marcus did not usually give himself days off. He wasn't all that busy with VIGIL, but the young man liked to train and study his magic.

Today was one of those rare days when he went to the beach. Marcus liked the beach. It reminded him of the Mediterranean sea and of Italy. Rome. His home. It also reminded him of Scotland, also his home.

The Runist simply sat on the beach, dressed simply, in a white and red tunic, with his sword on his hip and a notepad in his hand. He was traveling light, but he was not unprotected; he had tattooed several Runes of Healing and Protection on his body, and his sword had Runes of Destruction. Still, Marcus Hostilius Regulus was not looking for a fight.

The three newcomers may notice him there, and they might also feel a strong presence of magic emanating from him.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Ship of angry French deadbugs

Effigies actually has a special charm just for this! His soulscape rendering works just as well on mindscape rendering, and with the bonuses from powers taken from She Who Lives In Her Name!

The battlefield takes the form of an endless shifting maze of iron bars in every direction, sections of it flooded with tainted seawater!
    "This place is mine. You are not welcome here, Shaper of Hidden Things. But you might be able to claim it. So - I offer a contest. If you win, here and now, I will surrender. If I win, you allow me and mine to go on our way with no further harm done to us. Do you accept? Or are you scared to face me in such a contest, afraid to risk that news of the defeat of one birthed from the Bound Child will spread?" The voice is... Rather odd, to say the least, carrying that same sense of weight and time that Effigies felt when it asked access to his moind.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Effigies' Mindscape

Effigies laughs, a personification of himself forming in the mindscape and using watery tentacles to slide through the maze.

"What sort of challenge? I do hope it's something fun! "

He mentally 'locks the door' behind him. His physical body still acts, but one of his sub souls is now locked into the mindscape. Of course... So is the queen, unless she has some way to escape!

(Recaiden) He lives!

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mindscape]

"One of making." And, with that, the mindscape - or at least part of it - shifts to a burning desert, seeming to stretch off forever, with a green sun in the sky. Which is entirely intentional, and hopefully will throw him at least a bit, maybe even make him think he's dealing with another Infernal, if all goes according to plan. "And of subtlety."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Mindscape

Despite the desert, Effigies still stands in an oasis of tainted seawater. He was Cecelyne charms, of course. Dominating the weak is what he does.

"Yer bein' rather vague, lassie."

(Recaiden) He lives!

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by Aric Kale View Post
    Green Arrow Coast

Marcus did not usually give himself days off. He wasn't all that busy with VIGIL, but the young man liked to train and study his magic.

Today was one of those rare days when he went to the beach. Marcus liked the beach. It reminded him of the Mediterranean sea and of Italy. Rome. His home. It also reminded him of Scotland, also his home.

The Runist simply sat on the beach, dressed simply, in a white and red tunic, with his sword on his hip and a notepad in his hand. He was traveling light, but he was not unprotected; he had tattooed several Runes of Healing and Protection on his body, and his sword had Runes of Destruction. Still, Marcus Hostilius Regulus was not looking for a fight.

The three newcomers may notice him there, and they might also feel a strong presence of magic emanating from him.
    Green Arrow Coast

As their prayer seem to be finished the small group starts to pay more attention to their surroundings. Two of them starts hiking up their robes, taking off their sandals, before stepping into the water while another curiously watches on. But by chance this individuals turns and suddenly spots Marcus. "Look!" The other two turns in shock and hurries back to the beach and readies their weapons. They slowly approach, obviously weary of the VIGIL-members presence. No attempts to actually communicate are made though but as they come closer Marcus can see that their eyes are distinctively red like blood. They all stare at him in some combination of fascination and fright as if he had been an exotic beast of some sort.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

The Sea

A shooting star is headed this way, and getting bigger and closer. Eventually, it's clearly a massive rock, glowing red with heat from the atmospheric friction. It... Stops, just before it hits the water, and slowly descends into the water with nary a splash, but with a great gout of steam from the rapidly cooling stone. It's also floating, gently bobbing up and down in the water. The meteor cools to a uniform purple, its pitted and cratered surface clearly stone despite its unusual behaviours and colour.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Green Arrow Coast

As their prayer seem to be finished the small group starts to pay more attention to their surroundings. Two of them starts hiking up their robes, taking off their sandals, before stepping into the water while another curiously watches on. But by chance this individuals turns and suddenly spots Marcus. "Look!" The other two turns in shock and hurries back to the beach and readies their weapons. They slowly approach, obviously wary of the VIGIL-members presence. No attempts to actually communicate are made though but as they come closer Marcus can see that their eyes are distinctively red like blood. They all stare at him in some combination of fascination and fright as if he had been an exotic beast of some sort.
    Green Arrow Coast

Farewell, my friends...Marcus whispers to the waves, remembering his comrades-in-arms. His fellow Praetorian Cohorts, who had died while he had lived.

The young man turns and sees the three people, assuming they are not well hidden or anything like that. The foreigners may be "fascinated or frightened" by his bright orange hair or his green eyes, markings of his heritage.
    As for Marcus, he is not immediately threatened, but he allows his hand to rest on the pommel of his gladius. One cannot be too careful.

Hallo there, friends. An' who are ye? He asks, his Scottish burr peaking through as he speaks. Normally he tries to tone his accent down.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Sea

A shooting star is headed this way, and getting bigger and closer. Eventually, it's clearly a massive rock, glowing red with heat from the atmospheric friction. It... Stops, just before it hits the water, and slowly descends into the water with nary a splash, but with a great gout of steam from the rapidly cooling stone. It's also floating, gently bobbing up and down in the water. The meteor cools to a uniform purple, its pitted and cratered surface clearly stone despite its unusual behaviours and colour.
    Aww. There were groups hoping for a cataclysmic tidal wave. Think how disappointed they'll be.

A huge pterosaur is also heading this way, lazily flapping once in a while, but mostly drifting on the warm air off the seas. It's lazy. Its rider is urging it to go faster, to hurry, but it knows it'll get there. No rush, really.
    It doesn't go nearly fast enough to feel friction against the air, nor to compress air against it in a way that actually makes things glow hot. Just glides along towards the 'fallen star'.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #227

Green Arrow Coast

They're actually more fascinated by his strange skin color, lack of markings, eye color and really weird ears. They all stare at him with their weapons ready to strike as if expecting him to suddenly lash out against them. But when he speaks they seem to relax a little bit and share a glance among each other. "I think it speaks the language." One of them states in surprise.

Another one of them stares Marcus right in the eyes. "Say something else creature. How do you know the language?" The hooded person demands.

18. - Top - End - #228

Green Arrow Coast

Marcus is only 5'8", so he's not particularly tall, but he stands up straight. What he lacks in height he makes up for in broad shoulders and a well muscled figure.

I speak Common, Latin, Gaelic, and English. But I assume you're talking about Common. Nexus Common is the language that anyone in the Nexus automatically seems to speak. You're speaking it right now.

As for you folk...who are you?
    He replies and questions boldly, as any Scot would.

He doesn't release his handle just yet. These people did not frighten him, or seem unduly unusual. He'd been in the Nexus too long to be surprised by difference in appearance. However, they seemed a little suspicious, and might attack him out of fear.
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2014-09-20 at 09:48 PM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #229

Green Arrow Coast

"We speak the language." The figure insists as it keeps staring at Marcus. "I do not know what other languages you speak of but you should identify yourself first before asking such bold questions as we're guests in what must your lands." The other two nods cautiously in agreement.
    "The host introduces himself first." Another agrees.

20. - Top - End - #230

Green Arrow Coast

Very well.

I am Marcus Hostilius Regulus, the Last Praetorian, I wield the Runes of Power, and I am a member of VIGIL.

Now who are you three?
    He asks. He did not like their tone. But it seemed like a fight was not likely to break out.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

The Sea- Mysterious Floating Space Rock

The pterosaur will see that the rock is still floating and gently bobbing, and that, visible only from the air, is a hatch. The hatch is metal, inset into the rock, with a small number pad set into the middle of the hatch.

The rock may very well be large enough for the pterosaur to land upon, though it may be too rough and uneven for the Archaeosaur to land easily.

22. - Top - End - #232

[Mysterious Floating Space Rock]

Nothing so extreme as landing needs to be done.
    The pterosaur swoops low, and Hunter jumps off it's back at the nadir of its flight, to drop a few feet onto the rock.

A hatch, huh? She heads over towards it, leans down, and knocks, armored knuckles ringing on the metal.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

Mysterious Floating Space Rock

Nothing replies to the knocking upon the hatch, though the rock is large enough that it is feasible that there's multiple rooms inside. The number pad has ten buttons, each marked- bar the large bottom button- with a different Cyrillic letter, making it more of a letter pad.

24. - Top - End - #234

Green Arrow Coast

"These names tells us nothing!" The second figure insists harshly.
    But the third figure raises his arm (gender judged by tone of voice) "Wait, he answered your question Shathir, we must answer his."
    The second figure closes her (judging by voice tones again!) and slowly nods. "Very well."

The third figure steps forward and pulls the bottom part of his veil downwards, revealing a youthful face though not entirely human considering the eyes and the sharp features of his face. "We're from the Agnir River, far away from here. I am Luthan and these are my companions Shathir and Yasmina." He gestures towards the other two. "We come in peace."

25. - Top - End - #235

[Mysterious Rock Base]

Ten is the number of numbers, though. So probably just a reskin.
    Hunter grabs at the pad and attempts to rip it off the door.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #236

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Green Arrow Coast

"These names tells us nothing!" The second figure insists harshly.
    But the third figure raises his arm (gender judged by tone of voice) "Wait, he answered your question Shathir, we must answer his."
    The second figure closes her (judging by voice tones again!) and slowly nods. "Very well."

The third figure steps forward and pulls the bottom part of his veil downwards, revealing a youthful face though not entirely human considering the eyes and the sharp features of his face. "We're from the Agnir River, far away from here. I am Luthan and these are my companions Shathir and Yasmina." He gestures towards the other two. "We come in peace."
    Green Arrow Coast

Hello there, Luthan, Shathir, and Yasmina.
    Shathir, what did you want to know, specifically? I am a human warrior with magic...

I'm glad that you come in peace, for I do not hesitate to defend myself.

Marcus releases his sword, at ease with the situation.

Still, he keeps his distance.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #237

Green Arrow Coast

The two women doesn't say a word, Aric's words didn't seem to fill them with any ease. "We're on a pilgrimage to these lands." Luthan starts explaining. "We are trying to find a sacred relic and like to know as much as possible of where we are. Would you mind giving us some pointers Marcus Re-glus?""

28. - Top - End - #238

Green Arrow Coast

Cue the pointing.

Well, we're in Seaside, where all of the oceans and seas end up. Behind is Outside. Out past that is Inside, one of the Nexus' three major cities.
    Off thataway you will find Riverside, which is split into four quarters.

If you go that direction and directly up you'll arrive at the scumhive of villainy that is Skyside.

Should you venture in that direction you'll meet a horrible death via the members of AMEN, or you could visit one of the three VIGIL locations if you need aid.

Honestly, he should just draw a map. Oh wait, he is, when's he's not pointing places.

When the map is finished he'll offer it to whoever bothers to take it. Eh, this should explain things better.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #239

Green Arrow Coast

Marcus should consider becoming a cartographer.

Luthan accepts the map and gives it a curious look. "I thank you Marcus. But... where are the races, empires and kingdoms on this map?" He asks as his eyes scan over what I imagine must be an extremely simplistic map. "You must belong to a specific race? Where is your territory?" Maybe he wasn't clear on that the human part was Marcus race.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Coveside - Undersea]

Mimi manages to right herself and get oriented again. One hand holds her head while she points her spear with the other. "Get over here you dumb fish! Ahhhhhhhhh!" She charges once more, this time with a less prepared foe. She gets up on it before it can get itself oriented and jabs it in the eye. "Take that!"
    Coveside - Undersea

While behind the two fey a shark is slowly pinched to death as its cartilage begins to crumple under the increasing pressure, the one Mimi strikes at thrashes in pain, tearing the spear and its eye free and ripping a massive gouge in its head that trails down to the corner of its mouth. Half-blind and going into shock, it whirls around and practically limps away, flailing inexpertly with its tail and fins.

Misha swims up underneath it and grabs it by the nose, slowing it down so that Mimi can catch up for a finishing strike just as the one Riss is riding struggles its last and goes limp beneath her.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.