New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cool and/or Explanatory Names Are Overrated - In Character

As she talks, Hellen keeps an eye out for any of her new found friends from that drinking game, the one where whenever someone started laughing they had to buy everyone another round.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The two feet tall Sperr tries to get the attention of the two by waving his arms, his throat quite raw from having laughed so much the day before. After a couple minutes of this he tugs on the elf's clothes to get his attention.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Aeris looks over at the halfling standing next to him, and nods.
    "Sperr, right? Are you coming along as well?"
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The two foot tall Sperr nods fervently, gesturing towards the dog he has been riding on earlier, indicating that he wants to bring it.

Spoiler: Note
    Show
    Sperr is tiny and looks like, well, a gremlin.

5. - Top - End - #35

GreenSorcererElf

Aeris sighs.
    "Sperr, if you want to being the dog, you should ask Jack there, not me. It's his boat."
    Such a small creature for a traveler.

Spoiler: note back
    Show

Aeris is sitting down, and he's only a bit over 5 feet tall, so he's going to only be a bit higher than Sparr.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Friends? I'm everybody's friends, alright! Or didn't you know? Magnus of the Thousand-Tales is here to help you!"

Once again, Magnus shows up from the shadows. He can be caught blatantly staring in annoyance at the belligerent sailor.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

The giant woman, suddenly taking note of the midget smiles charmingly. "Ah, there you are. Glad you could make it, though I do say your table manners could have used some work last night... We'll blame it on the drink. Ready to get cursed and die a miserable death for this one with us?" She asks, jerking a thumb at the elf. It had been a long hard month, and she'd finally come to be able to joke freely of death and blisters, but couldn't they at least have feather beds at night? Was that too much to ask? She felt like she'd been sleeping on a log for the past year and it had hardly been four weeks!

Edit: catching sight of the living legend, Hellen's charming smile grows to a full blown grin. "Magnus! I'm so glad we have a real hero among us, and a veteran one at that. Oh, I'm sure you'll save us like you saved Charlot of Haversdamn from that abyssal demon, I just know it!"
    Last edited by drack; 2014-06-28 at 08:33 PM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

8. - Top - End - #38

GreenSorcererElf

Seeing others arriving, Aeris stands once more, the unarmored elf moving quickly, and confidently, his longbow on his back, and a longsword on his hip.
    "Good to see you again as well, Magnus. I really wasn't expecting that all of you would follow through. Thank you all for coming."
    When Hellen said that they would all die a cursed death, Aeris shakes his head.
    "So long as you are careful, and know when to back away, we shouldn't have any problems. I've been investigating things like this for years, and they are mostly harmless. So long as you avoid the traps, or the guards, or anything else like that."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sperr looks questioningly at Jack, while reaching up to pet the dog.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Bring it if you think you can control it on the boat." Jack says, blinking a few times at what appears to be a small, deformed, halfling. "Are you guys adventurers or something?"

11. - Top - End - #41

GreenSorcererElf

Aeris shakes his head at Jack's question.
    "No, no, we're explorers. Adventurers get into all sorts of trouble. Explorers, on the other hand, try and avoid it."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Magnus chimes in, "I'm sure I could cook up a reason or two why you don't really need to know that anyway, but yeah. We are just doing some sightseeing and exploring about."
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Hellen, looking disgusted adds. "Eww, do you know how mud-faced and sweaty they get? I'd sooner die then be one of them."

14. - Top - End - #44

Jack nods, unconvinced. After all, its a well known fact that adventurers look weird and poke around where they oughtn't.

Spoiler: Out of Character
    Show
    I'll wait until tomorrow for Jack to finish unloading his catch or until Lexin and Terran post if they are coming, though if they don't, I'll give them the option to retroactively join on the boat for a while.

15. - Top - End - #45

A man with skin the color of copper walks towards the docks. His clothes are an array of color, almost seeming mismatched, yet not, though it's obvious that the purpose of the colors is to attract attention, which it succeeds at. With a pack slung over his shoulder, a crossbow across his back, and a longsword at his side, he approaches. As he nears, you realize he was the performer in the bar last night, and other than that raunchy song about a farmer's daughter, which got everyone laughing, his songs were forgettable.

"Hello!" he calls out. "I could not help overhearing, well, the whole bar couldn't help overhearing, that you were planning on going to the lighthouse today, and it sounds like an excellent chance to find some new material for my act!" he says with a grin. "I thought perhaps you would let me accompany you, if it's not a burden to you." he says with a flourishing bow.

16. - Top - End - #46

GreenSorcererElf

Aeris, at this point, is quite off balance, as offers of help after offers of help keep on flooding in.
    "Of course you're welcome to come. A musician can always make better tales with direct experience."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Hellen, not at all surprised she could gather such a crowd to help the poor elf on such short notice, smiles warmly at the singer. "You'll get better eventually." She reassures him in a not-quite-pitying voice.

18. - Top - End - #48

Taken aback by the not so veiled slight, all the man can muster is an abashed "Thanks...

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Cheerily the beautiful yet giant woman replies "You're welcome."
    Last edited by drack; 2014-07-01 at 08:45 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Ah... you!" Magnus paused briefly, realizing he didn't catch the minstrel name.

"That was a hilarious tale, last evenin', yeah chap? Heheh, hopefully not based on real accounts."

21. - Top - End - #51

Jack by now has finished unloading his catch. He eyes the group. "Thats a lot of you, it'll be a bit tight on the boat. Come aboard now." He says, climbing back into his boat, preparing to untie it from the dock. "Any of you gone sailing before?"
    Last edited by rweird; 2014-07-03 at 04:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sperr shakes his head as he follows his dog aboard the boat.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Hellen shakes her head along with everyone else.

Of course she'd gone sailing! With Dorrian, with Haryite, with Sir Drog, Mayor Brehrmore, and the ever charming Fleacius. She'd seen all the wonders of the world from a boat, well pictured seeing them at any rate, but she couldn't tell the poor little man that, he'd be jealous, and a shifty looking sailor like that might even make a move on her! Glumly she stepped into the boat. She'd imagined riding a boat all the ways she could think of, but never like this, tightly packed and sweaty, not a silken cushion in sight!

24. - Top - End - #54

GreenSorcererElf

Aeris nods.
    "I've gone sailing before, but never in a vessel like this one. It's been the big boats."
    He climbs into the boat, carefully making sure that he has at least three points of contact to prevent damp accidents.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Ooh boy, Magnus sure did: rode longships, galleys, triremes, keelboats, wingships, caravels, dhows, and dromond!"

Magnus follows suit and climbs aboard, mumbling something as he goes. "Admittedly, seafaring isn't my favored method of transport; occasionally makes me sick, really. But you know Magnus, he tries anything at least once!"

26. - Top - End - #56

"Did you just ride, or did you sail?" Jack asks Aeris and Magnus
    Last edited by rweird; 2014-07-03 at 06:16 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Eh? It's pretty much the same i'nt it? If you meant navigate, well then... let's see.."

Magnus stares nervously at the boat, then back at Jack as he replies with forced dignity. "Uhm, no. Too busy adventurin' to do that, yeah!"

28. - Top - End - #58

GreenSorcererElf

"They objected to the passengers helping, so while I observed, I did not help."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

29. - Top - End - #59

"Well then, I suppose try to stay out of the way." Jack says, and with you all aboard, casts off from the dock and sets a course towards the island. The sea is calm, and the trip isn't unpleasant, though the smell of fish and seawater is heavy on the little boat. As you near the island, Jack turns the boat to go towards the south end (the lighthouse is on the north end), staying some 600 ft away.

30. - Top - End - #60

GreenSorcererElf

Following the sailor's request, Aeris keeps out of the way, keeping a wary eye out for threats, or things of interest.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss