Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Cool and/or Explanatory Names Are Overrated - In Character

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[12]
    (1d20+2)[21]

It appears that Bard is not intended to be the hero of this story, or at least, not this fight, as the wolf slips on the grease, trying to dodge Bard's blade. Luckily, for the wolf, it falling at that moment made the sword whizz over its head.
    Last edited by rweird; 2014-08-07 at 09:06 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152

Spoiler
    Show
    OoC: Acting for Sper as he said he'd be away, and I'm pretty sure it'll finish the fight.

Sper lunges at the wolf yet again.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[17] for (1d6+6)[9] damage

Sper gets the wolf by the throat and pulls it to the ground. Bloody, but alive, the day is yours, your foes lie bleeding to death at your feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    100 XP to each of you.
    Last edited by rweird; 2014-08-07 at 09:09 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153

Bard nods.

"Very nicely done everyone" he says, sheathing his sword.

"Perhaps next time everyone could do a bit less flailing about and act a bit more valiantly, it makes for a better story!" he suggests in a helpful tone.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Aeris just looks at Bard, quite clearly conveying just how much he dislikes hypocrisy.

After that remarkably negative glare is finished, he limps over to a tree, and reaches into a backpack, pulling out a spare shirt, and ripping it up to act as a bandage for his wound.

"Foolishness aside, that did not go well. I'm not going to be mobile enough to keep up for several days, which, in my opinion, makes this trip a failure. I am not the only one of us to be wounded, so unless one of you has healing magic, now would be the time to turn back, and wait for Jack to return. We can plan a return trip for later, after we have recovered."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Bedamned negativity! Everybody's efforts were nothing short of selfless and valiant!", Magnus disagrees as he reappears from the shade.

He responds to Aeris. "My eyes might be deceiving me earlier, but I swore I saw both you and Hellen recuperating from your wounds extraordinarily fast."
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2014-08-07 at 07:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

6. - Top - End - #156

GreenSorcererElf

"Valiance does not always work. Planning is critical to success, and we did not plan. Hellen's wounds were closed swiftly, mine were not. I can walk, but I will be slow, and I am unwilling to risk combat in my current state. Unless someone has healing magic available, persisting is a foolish decision."
    Aeris's voice is clipped, and taut. He seems to be in a great deal of pain, but is ignoring it.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Hellen, who had begun to climb a tree, gets off it, carefully, and walks back to the group looking over her shoulder every now and again as if expecting a third wolf. "Mungus, you may be right, but I don't feel very valiant right about now, I feel bruised, battered, and kinda funny all around... Any chance we can get out of the open?"
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"I concur! Moving forward is a foolish risk at this condition and for absolutely naught in return anyway... at least nothing that I know of, yet.

That doesn't mean not giving credits where their due, though. We did overcame them!
    ", the gnome suggests despite nodding in agreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Hellen, looking about, and knowing their ride was far from due, tentatively suggests. "Magical or not, that lighthouse sure sounds better then nothing right about now."
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sperr looks around, shaking his head at the others: "You expected it to be easier than this? Aeris, if you could step over here after I get Sper patched up I can take care of those wounds, or most of them at least."
    Sper mumbles a short prayer in Sylvan, a silvery mist briefly transferring from his hands to Sper, whose wounds start closing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vigor, lesser on Sper.
    When Aeris steps over, Cure light wounds: (1d8+1)[5]
    Last edited by Tjallen; 2014-08-09 at 07:39 AM.

11. - Top - End - #161

GreenSorcererElf

Aeris just looks at Hellen when she speaks, looking disappointed.
    "Surviving as an explorer... you only take risks when you must. The lighthouse will still be there when we recover from our injuries. I'm certain that we will face plenty of challenges inside."
    However, when Sperr speaks up, Aeris heads over to him.
    "Magical healing does change things a bit. I believe than I can continue without undue risk, thanks to you, Sperr. Thank you. Now, the lighthouse should be further along this game trail. Everyone, keep alert."

He starts continuing down the path.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Well the island isn't that big, hopefully two highly intelligent predators should keep the rest away. Anyone else needs healing?" Sperr looks around at the others while petting Sper.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Shocked, Hellen whips around to see if Aeris was kidding. "Threats inside? It's magically powered, not magically haunted. I'm sure there are much worse threats out here in the open then there are in a nice secure building. If anything I think we should lock the doors when we get in. I mean WOLVES!?"

14. - Top - End - #164

GreenSorcererElf

Aeris sighs.
    "Hellen, please learn to listen. I said that there would be challenges inside. For example, the stairway may have been made of wood, and have collapsed. There might be no stairway, and we would need to climb up. The floor might collapse. A challenge is not a threat. And what makes you think that the lights aren't caused by a group of ghosts having a party?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sperr walks over to the wolves starting to tend to their injuries: "An abandoned lighthouse would also be an ideal hiding place from the elements for larger spiders. Bats and the dire variant, Owls and ditto. So I would probably advise against going into the lighthouse looking for a safe spot. Of course that would be safe for me, you are quite a bit bigger so might be advisable for you."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Boddynock sits in his saddle once again. He rides closer to Aeris and pokes him with a glowing hand.
    "Anyone else needs healing?"
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Lesser Vigor (11hp in 11 rounds)

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Looking faint Hellen stumbles back. "GHOSTS! Yucky SPIDERS! By the king's name! Why didn't you tell us before we went out into the middle of nowhere with you!? What's next, your confession of being a repute bandit intent on murdering us all?"

Edit: With some sense of dignity Hellen stumbles over and presents her schreaded leg to the healer.
    Spoiler
    Show

4HP of damages. =p
    Last edited by drack; 2014-08-09 at 12:00 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

GreenSorcererElf

Aeris looks at Hellen, and you can see pity in his eyes.
    "Hellen, you really didn't think this through, did you? Why not just head back to the boat, and wait for the fisherman, Jack to come back, and pick you up?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Not skipping a beat hellen continues her now frantic ravings. Back!? Alone!? What am I, wolf bait? What kind of a fool do you think I am?!

We're gonna die aren't we? We're gonna die. All of us are gonna die and there isn't a thing we can do about it. And you think I didn't think this out? You were the ole with this "brilliant" idea, and you just happened to forget to mention all the wolves, ghosts, and giant spiders intent on eating us all?!

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Somewhat amused Sperr chips in: "And the horse-sized bats, centipedes and possibly wolves. Aside from that Aeris didn't really asked for volunteers, he is hardly responsible for our well-being." Sperr looks at the leg and lightly pokes it, silvery mist once again transferring, but not lingering this time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure minor wounds for Hellen., 1 hp. Also would it not make sense for Boddynock to not heal the already healed? Dunno how much damage Aeris took so it might be warranted.

21. - Top - End - #171

GreenSorcererElf

Aeris looks at Helen.
    "Helen, calm down. Wolves don't want to eat you. If you can't handle this, just go back to the shore, and climb a tree, and wait. If you can handle this, then calm down."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

"Not responsible!? I never would have asked everyone to come if I'd known there's be... wait, CENTIPEDES!? Can you get any grosser?" Still rambling Hellen seems to be running out of steam as she slowly sings into an ever growing pit of despair. Just what exactly had she gotten herself into this time?

Edit:

"Climb a tree? CLIMB A TREE!? THERE COULD BE SPIDERS AND CATERPILLARS IN THOSE TREES!!"
    Last edited by drack; 2014-08-09 at 12:34 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Hell, the worgs here are smarter than the average orc too, chances are that whatever causes the lighthouse to run powers more than just the light. Which means that it could be all sorts of creatures. Oooh maybe there will be dire slugs! I always wanted to see one of those!" Sperr slowly grinds to a stop in his efforts to save the worgs.
    "Guess I should ask you before it turns into a problem, Aeris you have anything against me making sure the worgs don't die from bleeding out?"

24. - Top - End - #174

GreenSorcererElf

Aeris shakes his head, and turns his attention to Sperr.
    "Worgs aren't natural creatures. They were twisted, and they kill for pleasure, not for food. If you want to save them, I don't mind, but I would recommend against it."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sperr shrugs: "They're no more unnatural than dragons or elves, but I would so enjoy speaking to them, perhaps seeing if they could be tamed, or at least trained. Anyone have some rope, we could tie them up and take them back with us."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Throwing down here hands Hellen takes a breath and adopting her old regal tone replies as if the question were to her. "Save them if you wish, but only if you can get them to agree not to try to kill us again."

27. - Top - End - #177

GreenSorcererElf

"Perhaps we can leave them here, and pick them up on the way back. We may need rope to climb the interior."
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2014-08-09 at 12:47 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Oh right we can't take them on the boat, a shame. At least Sper will be bloodied this way." with a point and a command in sylvan Sperr orders Sper to finish off one of the wolves. While watching Sperr turns back to Hellen: "Do you eat the hearts of your fallen enemies where you are from?"

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Considering it, Hellen nods. "Double roasted with a maple and black walnut glaze served alongside fresh raspberries with a bit of cilantro on the side. The deer your servants kill are "enemies" in this context right?"
    Last edited by drack; 2014-08-09 at 01:26 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sperr laughs a bit: "No. I was talking about other intelligent creatures: Humanoids, giants and the like."